Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,143 members, 7,815,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:33 AM

No Cattle Will Roam About In 24 Months – Buhari - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Cattle Will Roam About In 24 Months – Buhari (42837 Views)

Babatunde Abisuga Jailed For 24 Months For Pension Scam / Lagos-ibadan Expressway Ready In 24 Months –fashola / "TSA: We Realised N2.2trn In 3 Months" – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Cattle Will Roam About In 24 Months – Buhari by anonimi: 4:16pm On Mar 16, 2016
Ratello:
You get time to educate that irritant angry anything Buhari does is both FANTAstic and COKEastic to these despicable lots....indeed I concur Nigeria is one giant zoo.

The power of Aisha rice plus salad sure does wonders to the minds of APCshit zombies. shocked shocked

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3073565_ctuafvju8aakuv5_jpeg49a942de8e3d1d388856e63d96b767a5

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Cattle Will Roam About In 24 Months – Buhari by Tex42(m): 4:18pm On Mar 16, 2016
The President said that the Federal Government had mapped out grazing
areas where herdsmen would be restricted to, adding that grass seeds would
be imported and planted in the grazing reserves.
grass kwa! Nothing we no go import for this country. Just hope the need to start importing drinkable/portable water doesn't arise.

Meanwhile, Bubu, what about the pple of..... Are they going back to their community or u intend to use it (community) as the proposed grazing reserve?.
Re: No Cattle Will Roam About In 24 Months – Buhari by obailala(m): 4:18pm On Mar 16, 2016
Ratello:

This man is a full breed psychopath.....18 to 24 months for what.....we are talking about "killers" here masquerading as "cow herders".....how did we arrive at this? Just because he owns cows..... Oh my God.
C'mon knock yourself to order bro, 18-24 months is the timeline for a long term holistic solution to the issue of cattle rearers clashing with farmers. That doesn't mean something wouldn't or shouldn't be done on the interim to forestall the mayhem. Enough of the knee-jerk reactions to these problems which has always been the hallmark of the past.
Re: No Cattle Will Roam About In 24 Months – Buhari by jayloms: 4:23pm On Mar 16, 2016
plaetton:

So the government is going to seize land all over the country in order to subsidize Fulani cow herders ?

Here we go again.

Is cattle herding not a For-Profit business enterprise ?
Can't they use their profits to buy grazing fields ?

Why should the Nigerian people subsidize a For-Profit business where the owners are mostly non- Nigerians ?

But govt never said the herders will use the grazing reserves for free
Re: No Cattle Will Roam About In 24 Months – Buhari by mrmetoo1: 4:24pm On Mar 16, 2016
html14java:
collect mirrow, look urself. You'll see your life

Nice picture... quite pretty
Re: No Cattle Will Roam About In 24 Months – Buhari by shaqhead: 4:24pm On Mar 16, 2016
mrmetoo1:
The news says 24 months o, so you guys check back in March 2018 because some people will soon come tomorrow and say they still saw cows roaming about.
lol...no b nigerians again. I think this shd isolate the real herdsmen from the criminal elements that masquerade as herdsmen to perpetrate crimes. boss how ur side!
Re: No Cattle Will Roam About In 24 Months – Buhari by acooriz(m): 4:32pm On Mar 16, 2016
Its good o..buhari keep to dis one o..the cows in uniabuja are beginning to receive lecture that they didnt pay for
Re: No Cattle Will Roam About In 24 Months – Buhari by Greenback: 4:36pm On Mar 16, 2016
What about the carnage,calamity the fulani ppl unleashed and properties destroyed? How about the uncountable lives lost? And with which fund are they importing those grasses and are they gonna be made to pay for da grasses?
Again,seriously,the govt is importing grass....to feed malu? The malu not on da govt's project?! What a country.

2 Likes

Re: No Cattle Will Roam About In 24 Months – Buhari by anonimi: 4:36pm On Mar 16, 2016
jayloms:
But govt never said the herders will use the grazing reserves for free

Please show us where Buhari said the Fulani herdsmen will pay.
Thanks.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Cattle Will Roam About In 24 Months – Buhari by kozmokaz(m): 4:52pm On Mar 16, 2016
Obiagelli:

The forex seems to intrest you more than the lives lost to these clashes.
Anyways the ministry of Agric has its budget and plans.

der are manny ways to kill a rat!!

clash?... wat is d work of d police,army,civil defence etc?

fulani herdsmen ar terrorists and should b treated as such
providing pastures and seedlings fr dem is like sucumbing tto der pressure!!

y cant d govt channel dat money to our agricultural sector
giving machines and fertilizers to d civilized farmers at susidized rate and leave d military to deal wt those animals (fulani herdsmen)?

oh i forgot

the president is one of dem!!

2 Likes

Re: No Cattle Will Roam About In 24 Months – Buhari by Nobody: 5:00pm On Mar 16, 2016
this can't be all PMB will say. There are issues, there are insinuations and there is anger....
Re: No Cattle Will Roam About In 24 Months – Buhari by Nobody: 5:01pm On Mar 16, 2016
kozmokaz:

der are manny ways to kill a rat!!

clash?... wat is d work of d police,army,civil defence etc?

fulani herdsmen ar terrorists and should b treated as such
providing pastures and seedlings fr dem is like sucumbing tto der pressure!!

y cant d govt channel dat money to our agricultural sector
giving machines and fertilizers to d civilized farmers at susidized rate and leave d military to deal wt those animals (fulani herdsmen)?

oh i forgot

the president is one of dem!!
Go and lock up the entire herdsmen population and start importing meat since you dont want to import grass
Re: No Cattle Will Roam About In 24 Months – Buhari by jayloms: 5:03pm On Mar 16, 2016
anonimi:

Please show us where Buhari said the Fulani herdsmen will pay.
Thanks.

Neither did he say they won't pay. If I understand correctly, the grazing reserves to be created is meant to prevent clashes between the Fulani herdsmen and farmers which has seen deaths from both side.

Now, it is illogical to assume govt will allow these herders to use the grazing reserves for free when most of the herds are owned by well to do businessmen. That would be the height of stupidity if they did.
Re: No Cattle Will Roam About In 24 Months – Buhari by onatisi(m): 5:07pm On Mar 16, 2016
Nigerians should brace up for another 18 to 24 months of Fulani terrorism,killing,raping and property of innocent Nigerians. Fulanis herdsmen will be very happy with this news,buhari has just given them extra 24 months of lawlessness free of charge cheesy

1 Like

Re: No Cattle Will Roam About In 24 Months – Buhari by kozmokaz(m): 5:18pm On Mar 16, 2016
Obiagelli:

Go and lock up the entire herdsmen population and start importing meat since you dont want to import grass

lol

not all herdsmen are bad

but if d security forces declare zero torelrance of dis der rubbish , i bet u dey will mellow down
Re: No Cattle Will Roam About In 24 Months – Buhari by kozmokaz(m): 5:19pm On Mar 16, 2016
greenpasture:

There is an opportunity there if you want to take it. That's the way to look at these things.

kindly eligthen me more abt d opportunities
Re: No Cattle Will Roam About In 24 Months – Buhari by Bitterleafsoup: 5:33pm On Mar 16, 2016
obailala:
C'mon knock yourself to order bro, 18-24 months is the timeline for a long term holistic solution to the issue of cattle rearers clashing with farmers. That doesn't mean something wouldn't or shouldn't be done on the interim to forestall the mayhem. Enough of the knee-jerk reactions to these problems which has always been the hallmark of the past.
So what is the short term solution? It has not even been a full year and look at how many have been slaughtered. So we should wait another two years to stop the spilling of blood and raping of women and children? This is unacceptable don't you get it?
Re: No Cattle Will Roam About In 24 Months – Buhari by Bitterleafsoup: 5:34pm On Mar 16, 2016
onatisi:
Nigerians should brace up for another 18 to 24 months of Fulani terrorism,killing,raping and property of innocent Nigerians. Fulanis herdsmen will be very happy with this news,buhari has just given them extra 24 months of lawlessness free of charge cheesy
can you imagine some are even calling this a wholistic plan? undecided
Re: No Cattle Will Roam About In 24 Months – Buhari by justmenoni: 5:37pm On Mar 16, 2016
24 months = 2 years
Re: No Cattle Will Roam About In 24 Months – Buhari by obailala(m): 5:51pm On Mar 16, 2016
Bitterleafsoup:
So what is the short term solution? It has not even been a full year and look at how many have been slaughtered. So we should wait another two years to stop the spilling of blood and raping of women and children? This is unacceptable don't you get it?
There have always been herdsmen-farmer clashes with the fulani herdsmen unleashing barbaric terror on peaceful communities long long before 2015. So please dont try to politicise this age-long menace by placing it on the head of this administration. Whatever has been the short-term solutions all these years, I do not know. I do not also know what the present admin plans to do as short term solution. But I am happy a long term holistic solution to this lingering problem has finally been drawn.

Now to clarify before you quote me again, 'I do not know what the planned short term solution is' is not the same thing as 'there is no short-term solution.' Let's wait for them to tell us what their short term solution is but if you have any suggestions, why don't you say it?
Re: No Cattle Will Roam About In 24 Months – Buhari by Abagworo(m): 5:56pm On Mar 16, 2016
Our 1st real President. God bless you
Re: No Cattle Will Roam About In 24 Months – Buhari by onatisi(m): 6:06pm On Mar 16, 2016
Bitterleafsoup:
can you imagine some are even calling this a wholistic plan? undecided
Bros ,you should understand that some ppls comments and stupiddd ediotic support for buhari dummb mistakes only confirms the saying which says"common sense isn't common",

1 Like

Re: No Cattle Will Roam About In 24 Months – Buhari by onatisi(m): 6:07pm On Mar 16, 2016
kozmokaz:

kindly eligthen me more abt d opportunities
You sef you get time shocked

1 Like

Re: No Cattle Will Roam About In 24 Months – Buhari by OjujuCalabar(m): 6:14pm On Mar 16, 2016
Tomorrow he will say he never said anything like that, probably Osibande did.

In fact, these people are taking us for granted. Integrity has become the problem here, so even believing our leaders has become a problem.

In God we trust!
Re: No Cattle Will Roam About In 24 Months – Buhari by kk4kiss(m): 6:23pm On Mar 16, 2016
Welcome development, though what we see in this country Nigeria is not justice , most of the innocent people they kill on daily basis re crying to God for vengeance .
Re: No Cattle Will Roam About In 24 Months – Buhari by EmmaElite: 6:27pm On Mar 16, 2016
liar Muhammad, where are u? I know u must have something to say about dis. hahaha
Re: No Cattle Will Roam About In 24 Months – Buhari by EmmaElite: 6:28pm On Mar 16, 2016
kk4kiss:
Welcome development, though what we see in this country Nigeria is not justice , most of the innocent people they kill on daily basis re crying to God for vengeance .

I just wonder Hw u guys cn beliv dis good for nothing pipo.
Re: No Cattle Will Roam About In 24 Months – Buhari by Asiri1991: 6:30pm On Mar 16, 2016
Wake me after 24 months.
Re: No Cattle Will Roam About In 24 Months – Buhari by kk4kiss(m): 6:32pm On Mar 16, 2016
Welcome development, though what we see in this country Nigeria is not justice , most of the innocent people they kill on daily basis re crying to God for vengeance.
Re: No Cattle Will Roam About In 24 Months – Buhari by yaki84: 6:33pm On Mar 16, 2016
cktheluckyman:
Better keep your grazing reserves in the north!!! Not one inch of our lands would be ceded to these animals in the name of grazing reserves!!!Last time I checked no one is talking about trading reserves for the igbos who are predominantly traders.If any aboki wants land for grazing reserves in anambra state,let him use his money to buy the land the same way an Igbo man in sokoto would purchase a land for his business or residence.No one would use our scarce resources to support the already lucrative business of the Fulani herdsmen all in the name of grazing reserves

I CONCUR!
Re: No Cattle Will Roam About In 24 Months – Buhari by karleone(m): 6:47pm On Mar 16, 2016
mrmetoo1:
The news says 24 months o, so you guys check back in March 2018 because some people will soon come tomorrow and say they still saw cows roaming about.

The news said "...in the next 18 to 24 months, no cattle will roam about in Nigeria."
What do you think the line "in the next" means?
Re: No Cattle Will Roam About In 24 Months – Buhari by 1stdammy: 7:10pm On Mar 16, 2016
Indirectly, your blood sucking kinsmen killings continue for the nxt 18 to 24 months. So tell us Mr buhari, what wud b left of Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tinubu Reacts To Reports On Rumoured Bid For Presidency In 2023 / Ondo Election: Akeredolu Defeats Jegede With Over 99k Votes / Laolu Akande Denies Liking Tweet Insulting Buhari, Cites “Touch Error”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.