Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,262 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:49 AM

No Cattle Will Roam About In 24 Months – Buhari - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Cattle Will Roam About In 24 Months – Buhari (42845 Views)

Babatunde Abisuga Jailed For 24 Months For Pension Scam / Lagos-ibadan Expressway Ready In 24 Months –fashola / "TSA: We Realised N2.2trn In 3 Months" – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Cattle Will Roam About In 24 Months – Buhari by vedaxcool(m): 3:29pm On Mar 16, 2016
[s]
chukwudi44:

They can go ahead to create grazing reserves in sokoto but not one inch of omambala would be ceded to these animals in the name of grazing reserves. Anyone who wants land should be prepared to buy.No one would also be allowed to use our common patrimony to purchase grazing reserves for these animals
[/s]

Seems like he is gonna cry oh why grin grin
Re: No Cattle Will Roam About In 24 Months – Buhari by BuddhaPalm(m): 3:29pm On Mar 16, 2016
obailala:
High nutrient hybrid grass seedlings are to be imported and planted in the reserves; the grasses are not being imported for the cows to eat. Similar example is Malaysia importing palm seeds from Nigeria many years ago for 'planting.' Today they are one of the largest producers (and largest exporter) of palm oil, producing a thousand times more than Nigeria and raking in almost $20billions annually.

Bros, that Malaysia gist is a myth.
Re: No Cattle Will Roam About In 24 Months – Buhari by planetx: 3:30pm On Mar 16, 2016
Even though I critique this president, how come GEJ never thought of this idea in his 6 years in power.
Re: No Cattle Will Roam About In 24 Months – Buhari by anonimi: 3:31pm On Mar 16, 2016
Obiagelli:
I like this approach to solving this problem, though i prefer ranching.
We also need big players to displace a share herdsmen's market, that should prompt them to realize the need to abandon the nomardic method of cattle farming.

Did you see this from The Confused One

The President said that the Federal Government had mapped out grazing areas where herdsmen would be restricted to, adding that grass seeds would be imported and planted in the grazing reserves.

Whatever happened to buying NIGERIAN products?
Do we not have Agricultural RESEARCH institutes in our country that can grow GRASSES, ordinary grasses oh?
Yet this man RESTRICTS forex to our citizens?

Does anyone else agree that the zombies who packaged and sold this non-entity to us need to be FLOGGED 12 lashes only

1 Like

Re: No Cattle Will Roam About In 24 Months – Buhari by anonimi: 3:33pm On Mar 16, 2016
planetx:
Even though I critique this president, how come GEJ never thought of this idea in his 6 years in power.

The idea of IMPORTING grass from Brazil or the idea of having RESERVED grazing areas on the land that belongs to OTHER people
Which of the two please?
Thanks.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Cattle Will Roam About In 24 Months – Buhari by ndubest111(m): 3:34pm On Mar 16, 2016
u neva fulfil 2015 electoral compagn promise u still dey promise another one

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Cattle Will Roam About In 24 Months – Buhari by hajhud: 3:35pm On Mar 16, 2016
cktheluckyman:
Better keep your grazing reserves in the north!!! Not one inch of our lands would be ceded to these animals in the name of grazing reserves!!!Last time I checked no one is talking about trading reserves for the igbos who are predominantly traders.If any aboki wants land for grazing reserves in anambra state,let him use his money to buy the land the same way an Igbo man in sokoto would purchase a land for his business or residence.No one would use our scarce resources to support the already lucrative business of the Fulani herdsmen all in the name of grazing reserves
if u see them in ur state kill. Haba at least pray all dis crisis come to an end.
Re: No Cattle Will Roam About In 24 Months – Buhari by Nobody: 3:36pm On Mar 16, 2016
plaetton:

So the government is going to seize land all over the country in order to subsidize Fulani cow herders ?

Here we go again.

Is cattle herding not a For-Profit business enterprise ?
Can't they use their profits to buy grazing fields ?

Why should the Nigerian people subsidize a For-Profit business where the owners are mostly non- Nigerians ?
Transporters make profit off roads, should they also buy lands to build their own roads?
Government build dams out of peoples lands to aid irrigation.
Re: No Cattle Will Roam About In 24 Months – Buhari by obailala(m): 3:36pm On Mar 16, 2016
BuddhaPalm:

Bros, that Malaysia gist is a myth.
Well, maybe it is. But history still tells us that Malaysia imported the first palm seeds it planted.
Re: No Cattle Will Roam About In 24 Months – Buhari by saintmark88(m): 3:37pm On Mar 16, 2016
FOLYKAZE:
I hate the importation of grass part. For f.uck sake we have large reserved land which can be use for planting of grasses for the cows. Those selling goat, sheep and horses in the south western state buy dry hay from the market and it is enough for all the animals kept in store for sales.

The period of 18 months is long enough for us to have a field where grass would be planted to feed cows. Those ranches in Ogun and Ondo state do not import grasses but source them from surroundings, buying at cheap cost and improving the income of some local grass sources. Importation will only take our money to foreign countries. Job opportunities will be thrown to foreign nations. And our farmers will be left to increases the riches of other countries.

Government should separate some pieces of land in every state where people who have interest in planting grass can use at a token price. This will in another round provide opportunity for wealth creation.

He didn't say he was going to import grasses, he said he would import improved grass SEEDS for planting .....
Re: No Cattle Will Roam About In 24 Months – Buhari by emajoe: 3:37pm On Mar 16, 2016
A.P.C. = All Promises Cancelled.
Quot me after 24 months.
It is no news again in Nigeria that when the President visits, sorry, returns from another country as he once went and visited some cows, he comes visiting Nigeria with the excitement of seeing cows at other places well ranched.
We have to believe this president with a pinch of salt, because of the accronym A.P.C. above.
My humble opinion tho. Let's watch (& pray)
Re: No Cattle Will Roam About In 24 Months – Buhari by Toktee(m): 3:37pm On Mar 16, 2016
cktheluckyman:
Better keep your grazing reserves in the north!!! Not one inch of our lands would be ceded to these animals in the name of grazing reserves!!!Last time I checked no one is talking about trading reserves for the igbos who are predominantly traders.If any aboki wants land for grazing reserves in anambra state,let him use his money to buy the land the same way an Igbo man in sokoto would purchase a land for his business or residence.No one would use our scarce resources to support the already lucrative business of the Fulani herdsmen all in the name of grazing reserves
The last time i checked,the entire Land in this countrybelong to federal government of Nigeria.
ipob.
Re: No Cattle Will Roam About In 24 Months – Buhari by Nobody: 3:38pm On Mar 16, 2016
anonimi:

Did you see this from The Confused One

Whatever happened to buying NIGERIAN products?
Do we not have Agricultural RESEARCH institutes in our country that can grow GRASSES, ordinary grasses oh?
Yet this man RESTRICTS forex to our citizens?

Does anyone else agree that the zombies who packaged and sold this non-entity to us need to be FLOGGED 12 lashes only

Are our rice seedling of local stock?
Re: No Cattle Will Roam About In 24 Months – Buhari by ekpesa(m): 3:39pm On Mar 16, 2016
APC don start another batch of promises again? what's happening to the other promises they made during the election campaign?; denied and unfulfilled. so you can imagine what it would be this time around.

1 Like

Re: No Cattle Will Roam About In 24 Months – Buhari by planetx: 3:42pm On Mar 16, 2016
anonimi:

The idea of IMPORTING grass from Brazil or the idea of having RESERVED grazing areas on the land that belongs to OTHER people
Which of the two please?
Thanks.
Anything to stop those herds men from hacking children and women to death is OK with me.
Re: No Cattle Will Roam About In 24 Months – Buhari by Mistermamus(m): 3:43pm On Mar 16, 2016
Diz man too dey talk talk hope he didnt say this in equ. Guinea?
Re: No Cattle Will Roam About In 24 Months – Buhari by anonimi: 3:44pm On Mar 16, 2016
Toktee:
The last time i checked,the entire Land in this countrybelong to federal government of Nigeria.

Tell that to Omo Onile in Lagos state.
BTW, how many plots of land have you bought from the federal government?
How many people do you know who regularly buy land from the federal government?

Re: No Cattle Will Roam About In 24 Months – Buhari by sunshine1974(m): 3:44pm On Mar 16, 2016
cktheluckyman:
u ve said it all.......ur head dey dere
Re: No Cattle Will Roam About In 24 Months – Buhari by mekonglobal(m): 3:44pm On Mar 16, 2016
Ohammadike:
I still demand justice for those murdered by the blood thirsty herdsmen
Re: No Cattle Will Roam About In 24 Months – Buhari by plaetton: 3:45pm On Mar 16, 2016
Obiagelli:

Transporters make profit off roads, should they also buy lands to build their own roads?
Government build dams out of peoples lands to aid irrigation.

Pathetic logic.

Transporters don't depend on the government to fuel their vehicles.

Should the government also provide livestock feeds to all the livestock farmers all over the nation ?

A SUBSIDY is a SUBSIDY, no matter how you want to twist it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Cattle Will Roam About In 24 Months – Buhari by Nobody: 3:48pm On Mar 16, 2016
kozmokaz:
The President said that the Federal Government had
mapped out grazing areas where herdsmen would be
restricted to, adding that grass seeds would be *imported*
and planted in the grazing reserves.

so nigeria dont even av grass seed?
always importing!!!

There is an opportunity there if you want to take it. That's the way to look at these things.
Re: No Cattle Will Roam About In 24 Months – Buhari by anonimi: 3:54pm On Mar 16, 2016
Obiagelli:
Are our rice seedling of local stock?

YES!!!

surgecom:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2172881_benlizadv1_jpeg3feefb390c1c4486f3b82260ed336086

yes o.
Its the Nigerian Ofada Rice fully grown in Abeokuta and packaged at Ikorodu factory.

Its an idea I have been nurturing over 4 years now. Thank God it came to reality.
Support it.
Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: No Cattle Will Roam About In 24 Months – Buhari by Nobody: 3:55pm On Mar 16, 2016
Toktee:
ipob.
Dem no born anybody well to take our lands in the better south to give to abokis in the name of grazing reserves. I can't say same for our brothers in the west though!!!! I trust the IPOB and Niger delta militants to respond if needed

3 Likes

Re: No Cattle Will Roam About In 24 Months – Buhari by Ratello: 3:55pm On Mar 16, 2016
obailala:

http://www.punchng.com/no-cattle-will-roam-about-in-24-months-buhari/

Will this move solve the issue of communal attacks by the blood thirsty Fulani marauders? Only time will tell.

This man is a full breed psychopath.....18 to 24 months for what.....we are talking about "killers" here masquerading as "cow herders".....how did we arrive at this? Just because he owns cows..... Oh my God.

2 Likes

Re: No Cattle Will Roam About In 24 Months – Buhari by HirstMOG(m): 3:55pm On Mar 16, 2016
Daura President......... adding that grass seeds would be imported and planted in the grazing reserves...... So Buhari will spend the country's money to import grass seeds for his Fulani brothers after the havoc they have rained in some part of this country Highest order of cluelessness.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Cattle Will Roam About In 24 Months – Buhari by Nobody: 3:58pm On Mar 16, 2016
vedaxcool:
[s][/s]

Seems like he is gonna cry oh why grin grin
Bro forget that one it can't happen in the south east!! You can count on that.!! It will definitely not happen in my home state of anambra!! We are not cowards
Re: No Cattle Will Roam About In 24 Months – Buhari by Ratello: 4:02pm On Mar 16, 2016
anonimi:

Tell that to Omo Onile in Lagos state.
BTW, how many plots of land have you bought from the federal government?
How many people do you know who regularly buy land from the federal government?
H

You get time to educate that irritant angry anything Buhari does is both FANTAstic and COKEastic to these despicable lots....indeed I concur Nigeria is one giant zoo.

3 Likes

Re: No Cattle Will Roam About In 24 Months – Buhari by Valwarren: 4:02pm On Mar 16, 2016
No cattle should roam around till eternity.
Re: No Cattle Will Roam About In 24 Months – Buhari by Nobody: 4:11pm On Mar 16, 2016
plaetton:

Pathetic logic.

Transporters don't depend on the government to fuel their vehicles.

Should the government also provide livestock feeds to all the livestock farmers all over the nation ?

A SUBSIDY is a SUBSIDY, no matter how you want to twist it.

Herdsmen depend on government for calfs?
80% of the countries in the world subsidize agric.
I never said its not subsidy
Re: No Cattle Will Roam About In 24 Months – Buhari by Nobody: 4:12pm On Mar 16, 2016
anonimi:

YES!!!

I no get time for joke, whos talking ofada
Re: No Cattle Will Roam About In 24 Months – Buhari by jayloms: 4:14pm On Mar 16, 2016
Obiagelli:

The government is importing grasses to be planted here not grass to be fed directly to the cows

Thanks. People don't settle down to read and understand before criticizing. This is kind of a one off importation.
Re: No Cattle Will Roam About In 24 Months – Buhari by danxzy: 4:15pm On Mar 16, 2016
how i wish this will truly happen in this country i will be much greatful

PMB i will support u in 2019 if bu do all u said during ur campaign

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Yahaya Bello To Kogi Workers: Keep Shouting Or Go Meet Donald Trump I Don't Care / Salihu Yakasai Blasts Buhari Government Over Insecurity After His Reinstatement / Tola Oyediran, Obafemi Awolowo's Eldest Daughter Revealed (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.