Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,283 members, 7,836,259 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

Can A Person Buy A Private Jet With An Accountant or doctor Salary - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can A Person Buy A Private Jet With An Accountant or doctor Salary (10356 Views)

Abia Governor Ikpeazu Chilling In A Jet With Friends / Abacha, Ojukwu And Gowon In A Private Jet (Throwback Photo) / Ayiri Emami & Tinubu Pictured Together Alighting From A Private Jet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Person Buy A Private Jet With An Accountant or doctor Salary by sirt1(m): 10:35am On Jul 22, 2009
With God all things are possible!!!!!!!!
Re: Can A Person Buy A Private Jet With An Accountant or doctor Salary by blacksta(m): 10:37am On Jul 22, 2009
@ op

what is the point of this question - ?
Re: Can A Person Buy A Private Jet With An Accountant or doctor Salary by spicy007(f): 1:17pm On Jul 22, 2009
No,
even the wealthy accountants like Akintola Williams, the Dafinone family
and doctors like those in private pracitce and own their own hospitals sef no get limousne, talkless of jet
well, maybe its just not on their priority list.
Re: Can A Person Buy A Private Jet With An Accountant or doctor Salary by dfanthom(m): 1:54pm On Jul 22, 2009
YES they can! & even you too!!! cheesy
there is something called opportunity & it comes around once in a while. all you need is to be adequately equipped to benefit from it. tongue

'Impossible is nothing' is the word!!! wink

of course, it's not only one's salary that is spent in a month before the next, only funds do come in even marginally. the next best move is to increase the marginal income to surpass the main source & the sky will be the beginning grin

finally & most importantly, is owning a private jet the individual's priority?
Re: Can A Person Buy A Private Jet With An Accountant or doctor Salary by HeroKing: 2:45pm On Jul 22, 2009
It is possible for those professionals mentioned to have it. Check out some prices here: http://www.aircraft.com/ and also http://www.flyingmachineauctions.com/cessna-for-sale some are for as low as $8,100!! shocked:O:O shocked shocked shocked (not for suicide mission shagrin grin grin grin grin
Re: Can A Person Buy A Private Jet With An Accountant or doctor Salary by WackyJ1(m): 3:14pm On Jul 22, 2009
Yes they can if they think outside the box(Nigeria). A very good doctor/accountant who is very good in what he does, knows how to take opportunity, has connection with high places, may not be working fully in Nigeria but has some of his job outside, may be able to buy a jet. He cannot, absolutely cannot buy a jet if he is relying on his one job and salary in Nigeria.
Re: Can A Person Buy A Private Jet With An Accountant or doctor Salary by WackyJ1(m): 3:15pm On Jul 22, 2009
Yes they can if they think outside the box(Nigeria). A very good doctor/accountant who is very good in what he does, knows how to take opportunity, has connection with high places, may not be working fully in Nigeria but has some of his job outside, may be able to buy a jet. He cannot, absolutely cannot buy a jet if he is relying on his one job and salary in Nigeria.
Re: Can A Person Buy A Private Jet With An Accountant or doctor Salary by Maykelly(f): 3:36pm On Jul 22, 2009
Re: Can A Person Buy A Private Jet With An Accountant or doctor Salary

Yes an Accountant or a doctor in Nigeria can buy a private Jet even more than jet when he enters into Politics then he will collect his own national cake. (Jet)
Re: Can A Person Buy A Private Jet With An Accountant or doctor Salary by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jul 22, 2009
freezy:

Tpia
Babe. You harsh o!
Send your resume to freezeyo@yahoo.com (if really you are not employed yet).

I harsh pass, so whoever feels they can run their mouth like a deranged orangutan, should bring it on.

which one is freezeyo@yahoo.com?
Re: Can A Person Buy A Private Jet With An Accountant or doctor Salary by manuel(m): 4:28pm On Jul 22, 2009
LMAO @ back2back Love the pics mehn! grin
Re: Can A Person Buy A Private Jet With An Accountant or doctor Salary by manny4life(m): 4:47pm On Jul 22, 2009
Buy a jet? The answer is hell to the NO. If an average person can afford a $35,000 to buy a car which in Nigeria most do, then they can buy a small single engine (not a jet) used airplane. There's a huge difference between the both. If the person is so rich enough, hey they can buy a Very Light Jet (VLJ's) that cost 30x of a single engine. I read an article few months back on onlinenigeria.com about a state representative on who was comparing a car to an airplane, it was a little bit dumb of him to have suggested we build more airports rather than roads, but logically his arguments made more sense.
Re: Can A Person Buy A Private Jet With An Accountant or doctor Salary by Thor(m): 4:51pm On Jul 22, 2009
manny4life:

If an average person can afford a $35,000 to buy a car which in Nigeria most do, then they can buy a small single engine (not a jet) used airplane.

ROFL grin grin grin

Re: Can A Person Buy A Private Jet With An Accountant or doctor Salary by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jul 22, 2009
someone who can buy and maintain a Bentley Continental can also afford a jet.
Re: Can A Person Buy A Private Jet With An Accountant or doctor Salary by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jul 22, 2009
why is a depraved slug like Thor allowed to run rampant on this forum when even sane and decent people are getting banned by the autobot?
Re: Can A Person Buy A Private Jet With An Accountant or doctor Salary by manny4life(m): 4:56pm On Jul 22, 2009
Is that pic for real?

tpia.:

Exactly.

That's a step up.

Now this is a light jet

Re: Can A Person Buy A Private Jet With An Accountant or doctor Salary by Nezan(m): 5:08pm On Jul 22, 2009
tpia.:

grin
Re: Can A Person Buy A Private Jet With An Accountant or doctor Salary by donbenedict(m): 7:46pm On Jul 22, 2009
Yes he can
Re: Can A Person Buy A Private Jet With An Accountant or doctor Salary by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jul 22, 2009
With no extra runs Ko Jo!
Re: Can A Person Buy A Private Jet With An Accountant or doctor Salary by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jul 22, 2009
see as them dabaru the thread.
Re: Can A Person Buy A Private Jet With An Accountant or doctor Salary by viewlekan: 10:58pm On Jul 22, 2009
@ Tpia and Co

That is precisely why Nigeria is not moving forward.We have a forum that is largely frequented and utilized by young people and all you can come up with in an arguement/discussion is Ya mama/Ya papa analogy.No wonder we are been left behind in the scheme of things in Africa, not to mention the World.I think you guys need to visit Ghanian forums and see intelligent banters and arguements substantiated with facts and knowledge.You seriously need to cop on.
Re: Can A Person Buy A Private Jet With An Accountant or doctor Salary by blacksta(m): 11:02pm On Jul 22, 2009
viewlekan:

@ Tpia and Co

That is precisely why Nigeria is not moving forward.We have a forum that is largely frequented and utilized by young people and all you can come up with in an arguement/discussion is Ya mama/Ya papa analogy.No wonder we are been left behind in the scheme of things in Africa, not to mention the World.I think you guys need to visit Ghanian forums and see intelligent banters and arguements substantiated with facts and knowledge.You seriously need to cop on.

Tell them

koni koni people
Re: Can A Person Buy A Private Jet With An Accountant or doctor Salary by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jul 22, 2009
viewlekan:

@ Tpia and Co

You've got to be kidding me.

why dont you yourself check out Ghanaian forums and let them tell you where you came from.

Do you think you're talking to idiots here?

ode.
Re: Can A Person Buy A Private Jet With An Accountant or doctor Salary by blacksta(m): 11:13pm On Jul 22, 2009
tpia - u r have serious issues
Re: Can A Person Buy A Private Jet With An Accountant or doctor Salary by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jul 22, 2009
blacksta:

tpia - u r have serious issues

seriously, stop stalking me or else. angry

I've been on Ghanaian forums where Nigerians were cursed out like toilet paper, so what rubbish are you trying to prove?
Re: Can A Person Buy A Private Jet With An Accountant or doctor Salary by blacksta(m): 11:20pm On Jul 22, 2009
stalking u ke ?

emi get better things to do
Re: Can A Person Buy A Private Jet With An Accountant or doctor Salary by viewlekan: 11:26pm On Jul 22, 2009
tpia.:

You've got to be kidding me.

why dont you yourself check out Ghanaian forums and let them tell you where you came from.

Do you think you're talking to idiots here?

ode.

Honestly, I am not trying to be patronising.I just feel that we could have a meaningful discussion without name calling or without trading insults.I apologise if my reference to Ghanian forums sounds condesending,but I just feel that 3/4s of the thread has been dominated with back chatting,as a result we loose sight of what could have been a very interesting discussion.
Re: Can A Person Buy A Private Jet With An Accountant or doctor Salary by blacksta(m): 11:29pm On Jul 22, 2009
viewlekan:

Honestly, I am not trying to be patronising.I just feel that we could have a meaningful discussion without name calling or without trading insults.I apologise if my reference to Ghanian forums sounds condesending,but I just feel that 3/4s of the thread has been dominated with back chatting,as a result we loose sight of what could have been a very interesting discussion.

Why the hell r u apologizing - This is nairaland land of chaos - get used to it - it is reflection what is happening in Nigeria
Re: Can A Person Buy A Private Jet With An Accountant or doctor Salary by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jul 22, 2009
viewlekan:

ok- just for the record, this is Nairaland.

If you dont like name calling, then limit where and what you post. Stay in sexuality,technology or education section maybe. Whichever place they all get along.

A little history check wouldnt hurt you either. Look up past threads before drawing conclusions and stay out of anything you dont understand. I cant emphasize this enough oh. undecided

For goodness sake, this is politics section and you're complaining? Kindly stroll down to the Culture and racism forum. If you need help looking for examples to base your opinion on then let me know.
Re: Can A Person Buy A Private Jet With An Accountant or doctor Salary by viewlekan: 11:37pm On Jul 22, 2009
tpia.:

seriously, stop stalking me or else. angry

I've been on Ghanaian forums where Nigerians were cursed out like toilet paper, so what rubbish are you trying to prove?

The fact that Nigerians are been insulted on Ghanian forums would not be generally indicative of how they feel about us, and even if it is, it would be in our interest to show decorum and not stoop to such a level.And that is even besides the point, let us have a harmonious discussion.
Re: Can A Person Buy A Private Jet With An Accountant or doctor Salary by chyk91(m): 11:40pm On Jul 22, 2009
no.
Re: Can A Person Buy A Private Jet With An Accountant or doctor Salary by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jul 22, 2009
viewlekan:

The fact that Nigerians are been insulted on Ghanian forums would not be generally indicative of how they feel about us, and even if it is, it would be in our interest to show decorum and not stoop to such a level.And that is even besides the point, let us have a harmonious discussion.

@ bolded

is that so.

this is your original post

I think you guys need to visit Ghanian forums and see intelligent banters and arguements substantiated with facts and knowledge

I've been to Ghanaian forums and we seem to be seeing different things. Are you married to or dating a Ghanaian?
Re: Can A Person Buy A Private Jet With An Accountant or doctor Salary by viewlekan: 11:43pm On Jul 22, 2009
blacksta:

Why the hell r u apologizing - This is nairaland land of chaos - get used to it - it is reflection what is happening in Nigeria
I dont share your pesimism but I also understand what you mean.I think it is just Nigerians are generally very loud and assertive .It may look to an outsider as very unstructured and crude.I believe that there can be change, it might just take time.  smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

One US Army Battalion Vs All Nigerian Army Divisions Who Wins In A Fight / Northern Governors Accused Of Turning Kidnapping To Money-Spinner / Dora Nkem Akunyili (OFR) As The New Information Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.