Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,038 members, 7,863,714 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 01:20 AM

Can A Person Buy A Private Jet With An Accountant or doctor Salary - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can A Person Buy A Private Jet With An Accountant or doctor Salary (10389 Views)

Abia Governor Ikpeazu Chilling In A Jet With Friends / Abacha, Ojukwu And Gowon In A Private Jet (Throwback Photo) / Ayiri Emami & Tinubu Pictured Together Alighting From A Private Jet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Person Buy A Private Jet With An Accountant or doctor Salary by Nobody: 11:51pm On Jul 22, 2009
viewlekan:

I dont share your pesimism but I also understand what you mean.I think it is just Nigerians are generally very loud and assertive .It may look to an outsider as very unstructured and crude.I believe that there can be change, it might just take time.  smiley

These may be the type of threads you're looking for

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-151605.0.html

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-266094.0.html

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-275835.0.html

Why are Nigerians so Uncultured

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-293975.0.html
Re: Can A Person Buy A Private Jet With An Accountant or doctor Salary by viewlekan: 11:52pm On Jul 22, 2009
tpia.:

ok- just for the record, this is Nairaland.

If you dont like name calling, then limit where and what you post. Stay in sexuality,technology or education section maybe. Whichever place they all get along.

A little history check wouldnt hurt you either. Look up past threads before drawing conclusions and stay out of anything you dont understand. I cant emphasize this enough oh. undecided

For goodness sake, this is politics section and you're complaining? Kindly stroll down to the Culture and racism forum. If you need help looking for examples to base your opinion on then let me know.

I dont agree because it is the politics section makes it a forum to make innuendos or unintelligent remarks, rather I would have imagined it would be safe place to have exciting and brilliant discourse.

I refuse to agree that you are daft, I read your first post and you made a valid point ( I disagree with it but it was a very valid point), and subsequent posts lead to the furore.Lets start afresh and concentrate on the topic .
Re: Can A Person Buy A Private Jet With An Accountant or doctor Salary by sley4life(m): 11:52pm On Jul 22, 2009
be a politician or a pastor and buy it
Re: Can A Person Buy A Private Jet With An Accountant or doctor Salary by viewlekan: 11:54pm On Jul 22, 2009
Re: Can A Person Buy A Private Jet With An Accountant or doctor Salary by Nobody: 11:55pm On Jul 22, 2009
viewlekan:

I dont agree because it is the politics section makes it a forum to make innuendos or unintelligent remarks, rather I would have imagined it would be safe place to have exciting and brilliant discourse.

I refuse to agree that you are daft, I read your first post and you made a valid point ( I disagree with it but it was a very valid point), and subsequent posts lead to the furore.Lets start afresh and concentrate on the topic .

check my previous thread.

I dont give a hoot about you or your opinion of me, and on that note, I'd advise you to end this conversation.

I have posted material that's relevant to the topic long before you showed your face. You need to call the other people to order unless you're here for something else.
Re: Can A Person Buy A Private Jet With An Accountant or doctor Salary by Nobody: 11:56pm On Jul 22, 2009
viewlekan:

Off topic.

see my previous post^. I'd also advise you to lay off this matter.
Re: Can A Person Buy A Private Jet With An Accountant or doctor Salary by viewlekan: 11:56pm On Jul 22, 2009
sley4life:

be a politician or a pastor and buy it
I seriously do not see why anyone would want to have a Jet in the first place.It is expensive to buy/maintain and a lot of those funds could alternatively go to better causes.
Re: Can A Person Buy A Private Jet With An Accountant or doctor Salary by viewlekan: 11:59pm On Jul 22, 2009
tpia.:

check my previous thread.

I dont give a hoot about you or your opinion of me, and on that note, I'd advise you to end this conversation.

I have posted material that's relevant to the topic long before you showed your face. You need to call the other people to order unless you're here for something else.
I dont know you, how could I possibly form an opinion about you.I cant comment on others as you consistently seem to be the one that won't let the case rest.
Re: Can A Person Buy A Private Jet With An Accountant or doctor Salary by Nobody: 12:00am On Jul 23, 2009
viewlekan:

I dont know you, how could I possibly form an opinion about you.I cant comment on others as you consistently seem to be the one that won't let the case rest.

did I mention your name before you mentioned my own?
Re: Can A Person Buy A Private Jet With An Accountant or doctor Salary by blacksta(m): 12:03am On Jul 23, 2009
tpia - wetin u dey smoke abeg pass me joint jare ,
Re: Can A Person Buy A Private Jet With An Accountant or doctor Salary by Nobody: 12:04am On Jul 23, 2009
blacksta:

tpia - wetin u dey smoke abeg pass me joint jare ,

I rebuke you in the name of Jesus Christ.

oya, quote your siggy for me.
Re: Can A Person Buy A Private Jet With An Accountant or doctor Salary by viewlekan: 12:05am On Jul 23, 2009
tpia.:

did I mention your name before you mentioned my own?

If so, I apologise, can it rest now?
Re: Can A Person Buy A Private Jet With An Accountant or doctor Salary by blacksta(m): 12:06am On Jul 23, 2009
This one na Mr Apologise - u go soon apologise to the remaining 367000 members
Re: Can A Person Buy A Private Jet With An Accountant or doctor Salary by Nobody: 12:10am On Jul 23, 2009
viewlekan:

If so, I apologise, can it rest now?

apologise to blacksta. I dont need your apology and neither did I ask for it.

You're the one butting into things that dont concern you. That's your problem, not mine.
Re: Can A Person Buy A Private Jet With An Accountant or doctor Salary by blacksta(m): 12:11am On Jul 23, 2009
I dont need his apologises either -
Re: Can A Person Buy A Private Jet With An Accountant or doctor Salary by viewlekan: 12:13am On Jul 23, 2009
blacksta:

This one na Mr Apologise - u go soon apologise to the remaining 367000 members

LOL, I hope u are not been sarcastic embarassed
Re: Can A Person Buy A Private Jet With An Accountant or doctor Salary by blacksta(m): 12:14am On Jul 23, 2009
viewlekan:

LOL, I hope u are not been sarcastic embarassed

cause u make statement - five minutes later u apologise - lol
Re: Can A Person Buy A Private Jet With An Accountant or doctor Salary by viewlekan: 12:19am On Jul 23, 2009
blacksta:

cause u make statement - five minutes later u apologise - lol

Depends on what I was apologising for, you have been following , haven't you.
Re: Can A Person Buy A Private Jet With An Accountant or doctor Salary by viewlekan: 12:32am On Jul 23, 2009
tpia.:

apologise to blacksta. I dont need your apology and neither did I ask for it.

You're the one butting into things that dont concern you. That's your problem, not mine.

I sense you thrive on acrimony, well news flash!!!!!, I would never stoop down to your level and trade insults.I dont know you neither do I intend to.I made comments based on the uncouth manner you were rambling on the thread.I dont know what you are going through personally, (which could be a major factor in the way you are consistently embarrasing yourself), but I suggest you seek help and urgently as well.

Goodnight folks, I got work to go soon,
Re: Can A Person Buy A Private Jet With An Accountant or doctor Salary by Nobody: 12:42am On Jul 23, 2009
viewlekan:

I sense you thrive on acrimony, well news flash!!!!!, I would never stoop down to your level and trade insults.I dont know you neither do I intend to.I made comments based on the uncouth manner you were rambling on the thread.I dont know what you are going through personally, (which could be a major factor in the way you are consistently embarrasing yourself), but I suggest you seek help and urgently as well.

Goodnight folks, I got work to go soon,

come, are you this starved for attention? Open a thread in the dating section abeg. You holy pass the people there or what?

let me embarass myself- still better than whatever you say you're doing here.

Idiots full naija abi where do you say you come from.
Re: Can A Person Buy A Private Jet With An Accountant or doctor Salary by donsteady(m): 2:31am On Jul 23, 2009
few mad people here,
Re: Can A Person Buy A Private Jet With An Accountant or doctor Salary by whiteroses(f): 11:42am On Jul 23, 2009
my cousins in texas have private jet, their Dad a multi millionaire is indian and met their mum in nigeria on a business trip, he works in oil sector so i gues accountant or doctor can't but oil workers can undecided  the jet is for the children like if they feel like flying to newyork on a afternoon to shop  shocked and i'm here maneuvering london with my footicycle  cry lol
Re: Can A Person Buy A Private Jet With An Accountant or doctor Salary by generalzango(m): 1:18pm On Jul 23, 2009
Hmmm.
Re: Can A Person Buy A Private Jet With An Accountant or doctor Salary by tayo4lif: 1:56pm On Jul 23, 2009
no
Re: Can A Person Buy A Private Jet With An Accountant or doctor Salary by Nezan(m): 2:30pm On Jul 23, 2009
whiteroses:

my cousins in texas have private jet, their Dad a multi millionaire is indian and met their mum in nigeria on a business trip, he works in oil sector so i gues accountant or doctor can't but oil workers can undecided the jet is for the children like if they feel like flying to newyork on a afternoon to shop shocked and i'm here maneuvering london with my footicycle cry lol
grin grin grin
Re: Can A Person Buy A Private Jet With An Accountant or doctor Salary by kok(m): 2:38pm On Jul 23, 2009
Not with a normal pay structure!
Re: Can A Person Buy A Private Jet With An Accountant or doctor Salary by otukpo(f): 4:15pm On Jul 24, 2009
Definitely not with an accountant or doc's salary. Maybe other sources.
Re: Can A Person Buy A Private Jet With An Accountant or doctor Salary by bawomolo(m): 4:17pm On Jul 24, 2009
whiteroses:

my cousins in texas have private jet, their Dad a multi millionaire is indian and met their mum in nigeria on a business trip, he works in oil sector so i gues accountant or doctor can't but oil workers can undecided  the jet is for the children like if they feel like flying to newyork on a afternoon to shop  shocked and i'm here maneuvering london with my footicycle  cry lol

you better find indian man marry. bye bye to legedez benz
Re: Can A Person Buy A Private Jet With An Accountant or doctor Salary by oceantide(m): 5:30pm On Jul 24, 2009
Yes. You can buy a toy jet and ofcourse make it quite private
Re: Can A Person Buy A Private Jet With An Accountant or doctor Salary by manny4life(m): 6:41pm On Jul 24, 2009
viewlekan:

I seriously do not see why anyone would want to have a Jet in the first place.It is expensive to buy/maintain and a lot of those funds could alternatively go to better causes.

There are a thousand and one reasons why anyone would buy a jet, and regardless of buying a jet or not would not stop a better cause. Someone who buys a jet and also does good things does it, while someone who buys a jet and doesn't, well, doesn't. Although its expensive to buy and maintain depending on what size, that for what its worth.

whiteroses:

Wow, nice  grin grin grin

oceantide:

Yes. You can buy a toy jet and ofcourse make it quite private

Definitely, the real smaller ones are called VLJ's (Very Light Jets) max of 8pax, although I wouldn't call it a toy jet though. Look at the previous page and see what it look like, obviously very small.
Re: Can A Person Buy A Private Jet With An Accountant or doctor Salary by sabaestate(m): 8:38pm On Jul 24, 2009
Dont talk of Doctor,or any man in

a paid employment,talk of a

business man and i

will agree with you.

Think of PAPA OYEDEPO OF CANAAN LAND

AND GOVENANT UNIVERSITY FOR INSTANCE.

HE WORTH MORE THA N A PRIVATE JET SEF.
Re: Can A Person Buy A Private Jet With An Accountant or doctor Salary by roodest: 8:42pm On Jul 24, 2009
If the accountant can afford to buy a brand new range rover sport or something in that range, he probably can afford to buy a light aircraft like old model cessna's or something in that range, and probably maintain it too.
i see a lot of people dont understand that a jet is a kind of aircraft. and those that try to correct them are scorned as ITKs.

If the question is specifically about owning a jet, business or private jets, like Citations and gulfstreams, forgetaboutit!

the maintenance is totally different, what the Bleep does a poor accountant or doctor need such for sef, anyways?!
except you're the surgeon-general or accountant-general of the federation. in which case, the government facilitates ur transport via any means necessary

jeez!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dimeji Bankole Finally Arrested By EFCC / El-Rufai Wants Politicians Using Religion As Campaign Tool Punished / INEC Sets Up Situation Room, Collation Centre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.