Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:48 AM

Fulani Herdsmen Kill 2, Sack 25 Villages In Benue - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fulani Herdsmen Kill 2, Sack 25 Villages In Benue (13363 Views)

Gunmen Invade Villages In Bonny, Rivers State, Kill Four (Graphic Photos) / Troops Kill 2 Fleeing Boko Haram Terrorists In Pulka,Recover Ammunitions(pics) / Army Clears Boko Haram From 3 Villages In Borno State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fulani Herdsmen Kill 2, Sack 25 Villages In Benue by kakameks: 8:10am On Mar 17, 2016
By Peter Duru

MAKURDI—Despite the outcry that trailed the killings and sacking of Agatu communities by suspected Fulani militia, the marauders have, again, laid siege to Logo Local Government Area of the state, killing two and sacking over 25 villages.

Fulani-herdsman The attackers also rendered close to 3,000 homeless after several houses and huts were razed in the affected villages. Vanguard learned that the invaders have taken over the affected villages in an incursion that reportedly started about four days ago at Ukemberegya, Bwarer, Mbawar, Gov and Gambe Tiev communities.

A victim of the attack, Mrs. Terungwa Torhemba, who spoke to Vanguard yesterday in Makurdi, through an interpreter, said the armed herdsmen had completely occupied Abiam Koya, Iordye, Nyakoo and Mkpikpa.

Others are Afom, Uzaagir, Ugbende Mue, Dam, Shaausu, Ukme, Chenbe, Anwen, Sebungen Ubosha, Chia, Asemngoroko and Inderkar. According to Torhemba, “they attacked us four days ago, killing our people.

So many cannot be located at the moment; we have also lost all of our belongings, farm produce and farmland to the well-armed herdsmen who have completely taken over our villages.

“At the moment we have no source of livelihood because they have also converted our farm land to grazing settlements for their cattle.”

Caretaker Chairman of the council, Simon Ugba, said two person had been confirmed dead in the attack, adding that his administration was overwhelmed by the number of displaced persons.

Ugba, who asserted that no designated camp had been created for the displaced persons, said the council was working in close collaboration with the state government to provide succour to victims and sued for assistance from public spirited individuals and organisations.

When contacted, Police Public Relations Officer, Assistant Superintendent Moses Yamu, said he was yet to get full details of the attack.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/03/fulani-herdsmen-kill-2-sack-25-villages-in-benue/
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 2, Sack 25 Villages In Benue by kakameks: 8:13am On Mar 17, 2016
I thought Buhari gave a standing order yesterday that no cattle will roam for (i think) 2yrs or so.

Please the security agencies should be queried on why this keep happening with no response from them.

21 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 2, Sack 25 Villages In Benue by bluaero(m): 8:15am On Mar 17, 2016
Buhari is an IDIAT undecided

73 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 2, Sack 25 Villages In Benue by Tunami(m): 8:21am On Mar 17, 2016
normadic presido call your brothers to order.

63 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 2, Sack 25 Villages In Benue by phemmie06(m): 8:22am On Mar 17, 2016
kakameks:
I thought Buhari gave a standing order yesterday that no cattle will roam for (i think) 2yrs or so.

Please the security agencies should be queried on why this keep happening with no response from them.
Hmmmmmmmm, if it is from when the statement was made which means we should be expecting them again after 24 months or the statement will be implemented in the next 18-24 months. If the later is yes then campaign for 2019 don begin.
APC. CHANGE.
CHANGE WHO CHANGE THE CHANGER

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 2, Sack 25 Villages In Benue by myola(m): 8:23am On Mar 17, 2016
When you talk about insecurity in nigeria, lots of nigeria will only think about boko haram, and buhari supporters will be quick to attack you about how buhari defeated boko haram, i think this is not security issue

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 2, Sack 25 Villages In Benue by PedroJP(m): 8:28am On Mar 17, 2016
The so called president has refused to condemn the killings by normads, then i think i shouldn't condemn them too. Maybe they are acting and killing in our best interest, who knows ?

28 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 2, Sack 25 Villages In Benue by Nobody: 8:35am On Mar 17, 2016
Where is the Minister of Transport ---Amaechi? Why isn't he calling for State of Emergency or Mr. President's resignation for this overwhelming security challenge?... angry angry

APC has recorded more tribal killing than Boko Haram Killings......I assume.

30 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 2, Sack 25 Villages In Benue by cckris: 8:53am On Mar 17, 2016
They wanted CHANGE. And CHANGE is what they're getting.

12 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 2, Sack 25 Villages In Benue by Ngokafor(f): 8:56am On Mar 17, 2016
....May God protect Nigerians from buhari and his herdsmen.He can only rant about Rivers and IPOB...but the atrocities committed by his kith and kin called fulani herdsmen whose organisation he is heading..its silence all the way. angry

...2019 should do and come already abeg.

39 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 2, Sack 25 Villages In Benue by SeverusSnape(m): 8:56am On Mar 17, 2016
As long as B00HARI remains the president, these herdsmen are above the law.

As long as they restrict their activities to the north, I'm okay.

"These herdsmen are IPODS disguising as Fulanis" - Progressive01

32 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 2, Sack 25 Villages In Benue by 100Cents: 9:00am On Mar 17, 2016
Fulani una weldone o.

More Cows to ur muscle..

While bolhari is threatening to deal with PDP in rivers state.

22 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 2, Sack 25 Villages In Benue by Ngokafor(f): 9:00am On Mar 17, 2016
kakameks:

..I think you are wrong,he meant 'in two years'...Meaning the meance will stop in 2018.

..Perhaps to give brothers time to wipe out villages and farmers opposing their aggression...you can never tell from these blood-thirsty fulanis lipsrsealed

13 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 2, Sack 25 Villages In Benue by malton: 9:00am On Mar 17, 2016
Mr president, quick do something! If you leave it two years, my people will be long wiped out the surface of the earth by then.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 2, Sack 25 Villages In Benue by searay(m): 9:00am On Mar 17, 2016
The Emperor will not condemned this

5 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 2, Sack 25 Villages In Benue by popcykaylah(m): 9:00am On Mar 17, 2016
Something should be done about this maniacs..gov't should declare shoot on sight on them..

3 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 2, Sack 25 Villages In Benue by Ohammadike: 9:01am On Mar 17, 2016
God curse lugard for merging me in the same country as those blood thirsty maggots

8 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 2, Sack 25 Villages In Benue by MadCow1: 9:01am On Mar 17, 2016
Na wah o!

These Herdsmen have no joy at all!

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 2, Sack 25 Villages In Benue by Smellymouth: 9:01am On Mar 17, 2016
Nawa oo

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 2, Sack 25 Villages In Benue by megareal: 9:01am On Mar 17, 2016
I'm tired of these news. I want solutions already.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 2, Sack 25 Villages In Benue by truthspeaks: 9:01am On Mar 17, 2016
I tot buhari said they shld import grass for his ppl. Watch as he keeps silent n yet wld be forming gragra against small fight among southerners

5 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 2, Sack 25 Villages In Benue by gratiaeo(m): 9:02am On Mar 17, 2016
Do we have president in this country?

7 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 2, Sack 25 Villages In Benue by Sijo01(f): 9:02am On Mar 17, 2016
The killing continues and their patron is busy traveling all over the continent.

14 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 2, Sack 25 Villages In Benue by drss(m): 9:02am On Mar 17, 2016
n d systematic killings continue yet one idiot on ray power radio is saying fulani massacre is not a genocide.
d current massacre of farmers all ova d soakway call nigeria is a grand plan by terrorist to push for GRAZING RESERVE UNDER D GUISE OF FEDERAL GOVT OWNED GRASSLAND. d ultimate aim of fulani terrorist is to further expand their operation to oda parts of d con3 using cows.
grassing reserve is a scam they invented in 1960s to implement their evil plot anexing d con3 through bloodshed n violance hidding under d cover of cows. grazing reserve is noting but a lisence to give fulani cow herding terrorist free land to continue their business. business of anexing pipul's land as their own as they ar currently doing in agatu villages were several comminites have been taking ova by fulani terrorist.
d funy tink is dat majority of d cows seen with these fulanis belong to rich northern elites. pipul who can afford Ranches to rear their cows like civilize pipul, but no, they prefer grazing reserve. why will they insist on grazing reserve n not ranching which is d best way to raise cows in commercial quantities if not for diabolic reasons
Grazing reserve is just their golden lisense to further expend n spread sharia across nigeria under d guise of cattle rearing. in oda words grazing reserve is like government giving dem capital free of charge to continue their cows business. if pipul's land (capital) will be given to fulanis free of charge to rear their cattles, who will give land to farmers, poultry owners, mechanics, palmwine tappers, drivers, capenters n so on ar these pipul not also entitle to land
SAY NO TO EVIL GRAZING RESERVE!!!!!

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 2, Sack 25 Villages In Benue by DBossNG(m): 9:02am On Mar 17, 2016
Chai!
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 2, Sack 25 Villages In Benue by AlexCk: 9:02am On Mar 17, 2016
Biko, wetn dey do all dz Fulani herdsmen ,
If only they value human lives more than their cows or maybe value human lives just like how they value their cows. Creeps!!!

Bruno Mars, abeg come sing remix oo, "they can catch a grenade for them cows"

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 2, Sack 25 Villages In Benue by Donnok: 9:03am On Mar 17, 2016
Sack ... Imagine
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 2, Sack 25 Villages In Benue by sarutobie(m): 9:03am On Mar 17, 2016
Omenka where art thou?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 2, Sack 25 Villages In Benue by LordOracle(m): 9:04am On Mar 17, 2016
You will never hear or see Bokoharam oh sorry buhari condemn this... Never!

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 2, Sack 25 Villages In Benue by Rexphobia(m): 9:04am On Mar 17, 2016
Waiting for the President to condemn this too

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 2, Sack 25 Villages In Benue by Thoby1(m): 9:04am On Mar 17, 2016

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Inflation Hits Highest Point Since Obasanjo’s Presidency - NBS / BRT - The Beginning of the End? / Sokoto Deputy Governor, Shagari Loses PDP Governorship Primaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.