Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,808 members, 7,817,344 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

Would You End A Relationship Simply Because Your Partner Speaks Poor English? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You End A Relationship Simply Because Your Partner Speaks Poor English? (826 Views)

How Can I Peacefully End A Relationship My Mother Does Not Support? / Simply Because I Told Him I Missed My Period.....(photo) / Girl With Poor English, Looks For Cute Boys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You End A Relationship Simply Because Your Partner Speaks Poor English? by Ramanto(m): 1:08pm On Mar 17, 2016
My brother is thinking of giving his girl the brush off simply because she speaks embarrassingly poor English and wouldn't learn to keep quiet instead of exposing her deficiency.
My question is : 'is it worth the action given that the English language is not our mother tongue plus the gal has got other desirable qualities?
Re: Would You End A Relationship Simply Because Your Partner Speaks Poor English? by Cutehector(m): 1:10pm On Mar 17, 2016
He shouldn't just take her out cool
Re: Would You End A Relationship Simply Because Your Partner Speaks Poor English? by Ramanto(m): 1:13pm On Mar 17, 2016
Cutehector:
He shouldn't just take her out cool
Ok.. What If People From Outside Come To Her?..Lol
Re: Would You End A Relationship Simply Because Your Partner Speaks Poor English? by Cutehector(m): 1:14pm On Mar 17, 2016
Ramanto:

Ok.. What If People From Outside Come To Her?..Lol
she should just say hi. Dats all..
Re: Would You End A Relationship Simply Because Your Partner Speaks Poor English? by lecturerdabo(m): 1:14pm On Mar 17, 2016
YES!!!
Re: Would You End A Relationship Simply Because Your Partner Speaks Poor English? by nnamdizen(m): 1:17pm On Mar 17, 2016
Teach her if she is willing to learn, and besides I don't think your brother is as good at'spoken English' as he thinks wink
Re: Would You End A Relationship Simply Because Your Partner Speaks Poor English? by Ramanto(m): 1:19pm On Mar 17, 2016
Cutehector:
she should just say hi. Dats all..
You Are Funny Sir. You Know It Doesnt Work Like That
Re: Would You End A Relationship Simply Because Your Partner Speaks Poor English? by shaiba(f): 1:22pm On Mar 17, 2016
These days love no blind again o cool
Love dey speak english cheesy
Re: Would You End A Relationship Simply Because Your Partner Speaks Poor English? by ehix89(m): 1:23pm On Mar 17, 2016
Quit button straight away....dat was hw one uniben student said to me....so u didnt buy me a gift on my birthday day,,i rush quick end d call,laff nearly kill me nd dhey will be forming porsh with their useless grammar.

1 Like

Re: Would You End A Relationship Simply Because Your Partner Speaks Poor English? by Nobody: 1:24pm On Mar 17, 2016
I like to think I wouldn't
But over time, I know it would irritate me so much that I would eventually break up with him over one thing or another lol.
Re: Would You End A Relationship Simply Because Your Partner Speaks Poor English? by Nobody: 1:26pm On Mar 17, 2016
NO
Re: Would You End A Relationship Simply Because Your Partner Speaks Poor English? by madridguy(m): 1:30pm On Mar 17, 2016
@ OP, So English Language be wetin ? When English language turn marriage criteria ? In as much she is intelligent, brilliant and articulate I think she is good to go.

1 Like

Re: Would You End A Relationship Simply Because Your Partner Speaks Poor English? by alphaStoner(m): 1:30pm On Mar 17, 2016
No I won't, Reminds me of when I was dating Toyin, she said I improved her english...
Re: Would You End A Relationship Simply Because Your Partner Speaks Poor English? by TemihSmart(f): 1:41pm On Mar 17, 2016
Patience Jonathan is too poor when it comes to speaking English and still Goodluck Jonathan was proud to show her to the entire world,despite how embarrasing it is,a president at that.If u show her to the world like that,it means u are proud of her,as long as she's not a dummy
Re: Would You End A Relationship Simply Because Your Partner Speaks Poor English? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Mar 17, 2016
Liars everywhere.

Many of them will sit comfortably in private jets owned by men who speak poor English. Even marry them as second and third wives sef.
Re: Would You End A Relationship Simply Because Your Partner Speaks Poor English? by homeboy205: 1:54pm On Mar 17, 2016
Your brother mama sabi speak fluent English before hin papa marry ham?
Re: Would You End A Relationship Simply Because Your Partner Speaks Poor English? by fzybah(m): 2:18pm On Mar 17, 2016
Being gud at spoken english doesn't define d level of intelligence of a lady or a guy.... Haven't u met some people dt are not gud at english and they have gud grades in math, physics, chemistry and other engineering courses
Re: Would You End A Relationship Simply Because Your Partner Speaks Poor English? by skywalker240(m): 4:29pm On Mar 17, 2016
no body is above learning, you should try to teach and encourage her

give me a break,..even some brits cant speak the language fluently too,

English language is overrated

What has english language got to do in a relationship if truly u love that person..

For your information the over-hyped english language is not originally from nigeria

Even many of the main brits, the true english people dont even know how to speak the language at some point..else i cant see why chinua achebe taught the english people their own language.

(1) (Reply)

Mother Doesn't Speak To Me, Should I Just Ignore Her Existence? / Money Vs Education / Qestion Of The Day: What Will You Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.