Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,342 members, 7,811,991 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:21 AM

Top 4 Popular Nigerian Fruits You Don’t Know The English Name For - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Top 4 Popular Nigerian Fruits You Don’t Know The English Name For (88949 Views)

What Is The English Name For "Kpomor"? / 4 Fruits Nigerians Don't Know The English Name / I Bet You Don’t Know The English Names For These 4 Popular Nigerian Fruits (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 4 Popular Nigerian Fruits You Don’t Know The English Name For by PoisonedOne: 5:52pm On Mar 17, 2016
What about those brownish dried nuts that are too sugary being carried by the Northerners. Please I need the name
'cause I'm a fan of them.
Re: Top 4 Popular Nigerian Fruits You Don’t Know The English Name For by ladyF(f): 5:52pm On Mar 17, 2016
But we used to call that black stuff "lickie lickie" while growing up grin
Re: Top 4 Popular Nigerian Fruits You Don’t Know The English Name For by ladyF(f): 5:53pm On Mar 17, 2016
PoisonedOne:
What about those brownish dried nuts that are too sugary being carried by the Northerners. Please I need the name
I have never tasted that stuff, they look like brown beads, right?
Re: Top 4 Popular Nigerian Fruits You Don’t Know The English Name For by cooljoe(m): 5:53pm On Mar 17, 2016
very nice
Re: Top 4 Popular Nigerian Fruits You Don’t Know The English Name For by clefstone(m): 6:00pm On Mar 17, 2016
TastyTuoyo:
Here in warri we call the Tiger nuts....Hausa Groundout and the Black Velvet Tamarind is called ...Segun.

Educative

thumbs up OP
while the other two are called Ebelebor and Sherrin

1 Like

Re: Top 4 Popular Nigerian Fruits You Don’t Know The English Name For by clefstone(m): 6:02pm On Mar 17, 2016
Gidoka:

Confirmed Benin guy
na lie, benin dey call cherry 'fruit', na warri dey call am ebelebor
Re: Top 4 Popular Nigerian Fruits You Don’t Know The English Name For by sukkot: 6:08pm On Mar 17, 2016
i need that ofio in my life. that nigga sweeter than a mahfugga

creamy too

1 Like

Re: Top 4 Popular Nigerian Fruits You Don’t Know The English Name For by Ameboperoo(m): 6:08pm On Mar 17, 2016
PoisonedOne:
It's called Debino in Hausa and date in English.
Re: Top 4 Popular Nigerian Fruits You Don’t Know The English Name For by Gkemz: 6:18pm On Mar 17, 2016
Nairaland is so educative and informing.

1 Like

Re: Top 4 Popular Nigerian Fruits You Don’t Know The English Name For by Stanbeto: 6:19pm On Mar 17, 2016
I like the info on the Fruit names
Re: Top 4 Popular Nigerian Fruits You Don’t Know The English Name For by FxDominion(m): 6:24pm On Mar 17, 2016
Destined2win:
One Olodo calling another olodo olodo equals 2 olodos

I've not had a good laugh since morning. grin grin grin grin

Thank you
Re: Top 4 Popular Nigerian Fruits You Don’t Know The English Name For by FxDominion(m): 6:33pm On Mar 17, 2016
Destined2win:

I've not had a real good laugh since morning grin grin grin

Thank you
Re: Top 4 Popular Nigerian Fruits You Don’t Know The English Name For by BossDanniee(m): 6:35pm On Mar 17, 2016
Ebelebo, Aya, Icheku and Udara!
Re: Top 4 Popular Nigerian Fruits You Don’t Know The English Name For by Nobody: 6:39pm On Mar 17, 2016
This is enlightening!
Re: Top 4 Popular Nigerian Fruits You Don’t Know The English Name For by Nobody: 6:40pm On Mar 17, 2016
Blaqqcorleone:
DAT TROPICAL ALMOND IS CALLED EBELEBOH!!
na uniben teach me ebelebo. befire den in secondary school we call it fruit.
but that ebelebo plenty for uniben
Re: Top 4 Popular Nigerian Fruits You Don’t Know The English Name For by UjSizzle(f): 6:43pm On Mar 17, 2016
Black velvet tamarind is Cheleku grin

1 Like

Re: Top 4 Popular Nigerian Fruits You Don’t Know The English Name For by MCMXCVIII(m): 6:43pm On Mar 17, 2016
CharlieMaria:
Picture of those who named the fruits or...
I don't believe it!!!
Re: Top 4 Popular Nigerian Fruits You Don’t Know The English Name For by Nobody: 6:43pm On Mar 17, 2016
martineinstein:
uniben product
lol exactly
Re: Top 4 Popular Nigerian Fruits You Don’t Know The English Name For by MCMXCVIII(m): 6:46pm On Mar 17, 2016
Destined2win:
one olodo calling the Olodo that called another person olodo, Olodo+Olodo+Olodo=3 Olodos
Re: Top 4 Popular Nigerian Fruits You Don’t Know The English Name For by DifferentBoy1(m): 6:50pm On Mar 17, 2016
1.....fruit
2.....aki hausa
3......ncheku
4......udara
Re: Top 4 Popular Nigerian Fruits You Don’t Know The English Name For by Destined2win: 6:53pm On Mar 17, 2016
MCMXCVIII:
one olodo calling the Olodo that called another person olodo, Olodo+Olodo+Olodo=3 Olodos

One olodo that quoted a brainy that called an olodo who called another olodo olodo, olodo-brainy+olodo+olodo= 3 olodos 1 brainy
Re: Top 4 Popular Nigerian Fruits You Don’t Know The English Name For by NaijainTexas: 7:04pm On Mar 17, 2016
Been trying to find these English names for YEARS. The black velvet treat we used to call it Abalacheku growing up. I am so sad I can't get it here in the States. That and Udara, (star fruit).
Re: Top 4 Popular Nigerian Fruits You Don’t Know The English Name For by MCMXCVIII(m): 7:08pm On Mar 17, 2016
Destined2win:

One olodo that quoted a brainy that called an olodo who called another olodo olodo, olodo-brainy+olodo+olodo= 3 olodos 1 brainy
Let Olodos be 3..
therefore: Olodo+Olodo+Olodo-Brainy=3
3-Brainy=3
3-3=Brainy(Collect like terms)
0=Brainy
Therefore brainy who claims to not be an Olodo, can be said to be Zero(Empty)..
Re: Top 4 Popular Nigerian Fruits You Don’t Know The English Name For by Ameboperoo(m): 7:09pm On Mar 17, 2016
Ameboperoo:
Please, what is the name of this?
Re: Top 4 Popular Nigerian Fruits You Don’t Know The English Name For by Destined2win: 7:11pm On Mar 17, 2016
MCMXCVIII:
Let Olodos be 3..
therefore: Olodo+Olodo+Olodo-Brainy=3
3-Brainy=3
3-3=Brainy(Collect like terms)
0=Brainy
Therefore brainy who claims to not be an Olodo, can be said to be Zero(Empty)..

Intelligent Olodo grin
Re: Top 4 Popular Nigerian Fruits You Don’t Know The English Name For by jufee007(m): 7:12pm On Mar 17, 2016
I knw agbalumo sha. Glad I knw the rest nw.
Re: Top 4 Popular Nigerian Fruits You Don’t Know The English Name For by MCMXCVIII(m): 7:14pm On Mar 17, 2016
Destined2win:

Intelligent Olodo grin
Real recognize real bro..
Re: Top 4 Popular Nigerian Fruits You Don’t Know The English Name For by MCMXCVIII(m): 7:17pm On Mar 17, 2016
Destined2win:

Intelligent Olodo grin
Re: Top 4 Popular Nigerian Fruits You Don’t Know The English Name For by melomelo: 7:28pm On Mar 17, 2016
TastyTuoyo:
Here in warri we call the Tiger nuts....Hausa Groundout and the Black Velvet Tamarind is called ...Segun.

Educative

thumbs up OP
Segun is a yoruba name meaning Victor then how come Segun is a name of a fruit in warri? too bad.
Re: Top 4 Popular Nigerian Fruits You Don’t Know The English Name For by klassykute(m): 7:45pm On Mar 17, 2016
Blaqqcorleone:
DAT TROPICAL ALMOND IS CALLED EBELEBOH!!
lol .. u b edo boy?
Re: Top 4 Popular Nigerian Fruits You Don’t Know The English Name For by id4sho(m): 7:54pm On Mar 17, 2016
Apricot commonly referred to as ''PEAR''
Re: Top 4 Popular Nigerian Fruits You Don’t Know The English Name For by Nobody: 7:59pm On Mar 17, 2016
that tiger nut is called Ekpa Mala in ondo.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fish With Human Parts Seen In Ibadan / A Big Snake Killed In My Compound Today (PIX) / Please Help With Balance Diet Timetable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.