Stats: 3,165,823 members, 7,862,711 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 01:07 AM

Military Confirms Death Of Two Soldiers In Abonema, Rivers, Releases Statement - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Military Confirms Death Of Two Soldiers In Abonema, Rivers, Releases Statement (25695 Views)

Two Soldiers Wounded As Troops Raid Oil Bunkering Site In Rivers State. Photos / Burial Of Two Soldiers Killed By Boko Haram In Borno (Photo) / Military Confirms Arrest Of Niger Delta Avengers, Masterminds Of Chevron Attacks (2) (3) (4)

Re: Military Confirms Death Of Two Soldiers In Abonema, Rivers, Releases Statement by Donliv: 12:47pm On Mar 18, 2016
Larow:
And all wike could do is to relocate his own family abroad! Hmmm! Governance at its best!
And all Amaechi could do is to relocate his own family to the village! Let's tell ourselves the truth.
Re: Military Confirms Death Of Two Soldiers In Abonema, Rivers, Releases Statement by willele(m): 1:17pm On Mar 18, 2016
This type of news sef una sure say no be wash? Because Abonema is not in degema local government area of Rivers state. Make una dey do una research well o. I smell foul play here o.
Re: Military Confirms Death Of Two Soldiers In Abonema, Rivers, Releases Statement by pkang: 1:27pm On Mar 18, 2016
Alezy:
My brother, you really don't wanna go there because I was very pissed with GEJ that period. military men where much around just like the police men. u need to see oppression then.

The Nigeria military has always been the government toy in Nigeria, sent to kill them selves why the thieves sit in aso rock and the senate chambers eating where they did not sow.

And the more reason am so pissed up with PMB reason is that he knows the soldiers can't really guarantee 90% security why allow the soldiers go in a state where there is no war.
As u have rightly said, the soldiers are used for illicit activities while their ogas are under the AC.
Re: Military Confirms Death Of Two Soldiers In Abonema, Rivers, Releases Statement by Nobody: 1:42pm On Mar 18, 2016
Reski:
back to sender.

I don't support injustice so well... it can't b 4 me
Re: Military Confirms Death Of Two Soldiers In Abonema, Rivers, Releases Statement by ibitzbarlow(m): 1:43pm On Mar 18, 2016
Asher79:

http://www.nigerianbulletin.com/threads/nigeria-military-issues-statement-over-killing-of-army-general-soldiers-in-rivers-state.190666/

I have seen this press release on several blogs and posts on Facebook but still don't believe it. Below are my reasons for not believing this story or the press release:

1) There was a peaceful and robust PDP rally in Abonnema yesterday; no report of fighting/rioting was heard on that front.
2) I called some folks back home (including a staunch APC member) in Abonnema in the evening who all claimed not to be aware of such incidence. Rather, they told me Abonnema was peaceful and that there was no apprehension in town. The APC guy told me that though he had heard of the incident from people outside Abonnema, he was not aware of such incidence in the town. This guy is a very popular trader in Abonnema and has one of his shops near the Military check-point at Owusara, Abonnema.
3. The Press release doesn't look authentic to me; it could be made by any unscrupulous fellow just to heighten tension in the area.
4. Still on the press release, the military command in Rivers State knows the state very well and couldn't have, in my opinion, made the mistake of saying Abonnema is in Degema Local Govt Area. Abonnema is the headquarters of Akuku-Toru Local Govt Area.
5. We are yet to see supporting evidences (pictures and videos) of the said incident.
6. Even on Facebook, residents of Abonnema are denying that such incident occurred in Abonnema.

My take:
Maybe this is all a ruse, a plan to get the military into action against the people of Abonnema or
Men of the Nigeria Army were actually killed yesterday in that axis but not in Abonnema.
Re: Military Confirms Death Of Two Soldiers In Abonema, Rivers, Releases Statement by Nobody: 2:35pm On Mar 18, 2016
sexyexcalibur:

I don't support injustice so well... it can't b 4 me
abeg swerve
Re: Military Confirms Death Of Two Soldiers In Abonema, Rivers, Releases Statement by Rhea(f): 3:01pm On Mar 18, 2016
Re: Military Confirms Death Of Two Soldiers In Abonema, Rivers, Releases Statement by Nobody: 3:12pm On Mar 18, 2016
Hmm there will be reprisals oo. shocked General beatings for people in the area these death occurred.
Re: Military Confirms Death Of Two Soldiers In Abonema, Rivers, Releases Statement by Asher79: 3:35pm On Mar 18, 2016
ibitzbarlow:

I have seen this press release on several blogs and posts on Facebook but still don't believe it. Below are my reasons for not believing this story or the press release:

1) There was a peaceful and robust PDP rally in Abonnema yesterday; no report of fighting/rioting was heard on that front.
2) I called some folks back home (including a staunch APC member) in Abonnema in the evening who all claimed not to be aware of such incidence. Rather, they told me Abonnema was peaceful and that there was no apprehension in town. The APC guy told me that though he had heard of the incident from people outside Abonnema, he was not aware of such incidence in the town. This guy is a very popular trader in Abonnema and has one of his shops near the Military check-point at Owusara, Abonnema.
3. The Press release doesn't look authentic to me; it could be made by any unscrupulous fellow just to heighten tension in the area.
4. Still on the press release, the military command in Rivers State knows the state very well and couldn't have, in my opinion, made the mistake of saying Abonnema is in Degema Local Govt Area. Abonnema is the headquarters of Akuku-Toru Local Govt Area.
5. We are yet to see supporting evidences (pictures and videos) of the said incident.
6. Even on Facebook, residents of Abonnema are denying that such incident occurred in Abonnema.

My take:
Maybe this is all a ruse, a plan to get the military into action against the people of Abonnema or
Men of the Nigeria Army were actually killed yesterday in that axis but not in Abonnema.

Good you admitted that men of the Nigerian Army were killed in that axis. On Channels News yesterday, the story also made some headline. So, are you saying that all the TV stations are wrong?
Re: Military Confirms Death Of Two Soldiers In Abonema, Rivers, Releases Statement by Nobody: 5:31pm On Mar 18, 2016
Reski:
abeg swerve

Lol.. ah don swerve since...

Me and you are not on the same lame at all
Re: Military Confirms Death Of Two Soldiers In Abonema, Rivers, Releases Statement by Rotimi47: 6:38pm On Mar 18, 2016
A hind ( attack helicopter ) have been hovering over PH since 12pm today, I hope those who have the intention of carrying out violence, do have a rethink. RIP to the dead soldiers. support - #peacefulrivers.
Re: Military Confirms Death Of Two Soldiers In Abonema, Rivers, Releases Statement by Nobody: 8:36pm On Mar 18, 2016
sexyexcalibur:

Lol.. ah don swerve since...

Me and you are not on the same lame at all
I can never share the same lane with wailing wailers , pdp e thugs and e rats!
Re: Military Confirms Death Of Two Soldiers In Abonema, Rivers, Releases Statement by Nobody: 9:06pm On Mar 18, 2016
Reski:
I can never share the same lane with wailing wailers , pdp e thugs and e rats!

lol @ thug...

I bet if your dad sees me in real life, he would be calling me (okay dats personal) and be full of respect... I mean that , cos I see that everyday as I work to make others feel better, and put smiles on their faces

what I said was purely based on the fact that am from Benue, and I can relate to the pains...

but you don't care... as long as you make your party look cool...

dz was not even abt PDP and APC , these was about innocent life's taken, and continue to be taken, children less than a year butchered with cutlass, pregnant women butchered and cut open... go to our Facebook page, idoma progressive and see pictures for yourself.....

but I get u... for you, its a mere party stunt

enjoy your party support

I accept any other tantrums u throw....
am tired of d back and forth....

good bye...
Re: Military Confirms Death Of Two Soldiers In Abonema, Rivers, Releases Statement by Nobody: 12:40am On Mar 19, 2016
sexyexcalibur:

lol @ thug...

I bet if your dad sees me in real life, he would be calling me (okay dats personal) and be full of respect... I mean that , cos I see that everyday as I work to make others feel better, and put smiles on their faces

what I said was purely based on the fact that am from Benue, and I can relate to the pains...

but you don't care... as long as you make your party look cool...

dz was not even abt PDP and APC , these was about innocent life's taken, and continue to be taken, children less than a year butchered with cutlass, pregnant women butchered and cut open... go to our Facebook page, idoma progressive and see pictures for yourself.....

but I get u... for you, its a mere party stunt

enjoy your party support

I accept any other tantrums u throw....
am tired of d back and forth....

good bye...
Hey you seem to be a sensible fellow. I feel your pains about the agatu masacre and also bewildered about why the presidency is turning a blind eye. Now I understand were you are coming from apologies for calling you all those names I was actually viewing the rivers issue from the lens of a party supporter. What you speak for is actually the right thing whether the dastardly act occured in agatu or wukari we owe it as patriots and not party men to speak the truth and ensure the goverment lives ups to its responsibilities. Once again accept my sincere apologiies. Peace!

Re: Military Confirms Death Of Two Soldiers In Abonema, Rivers, Releases Statement by bobituss: 5:53am On Mar 19, 2016
so they knew dis b4 dat stupid Amayanabo of Abonnema went public to say that d killin took place at Bille territory...im de look for Bille trouble oh

Army Denies Molestation Of IPOB Women In Abia / Ekiti Election: Fayose Promises N50,000, Fayemi Provides Free Fuel / James Ibori Makes PDP Convention Committee Membership List