Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,592 members, 7,823,577 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:56 AM

At Least One Resson Why We Should Think About Getting Married Early - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / At Least One Resson Why We Should Think About Getting Married Early (1997 Views)

10 Reasons Why Getting Married Early Is The Best Decision / Benefit Of Getting Married Early For Girls. ADULTS ONLY / I Married Early And Am In Pains (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

At Least One Resson Why We Should Think About Getting Married Early by Nobody: 11:43pm On Mar 17, 2016
Not sure this is a good place to post this since peeps here are still dating but please think about it. Your disagreement and observations are welcome for discussion.

Ive never realized that I was shooting myself in the foot by delaying my marriage, which ultimately .meant delaying my family initiation. I was looking at my boss, a deputu general manager at a bank, prolly collects 1.5m monthly, a 60 years old man who has kids in JSS 2 in secondary school. It suddenly hit me what other married colleagues have been talking about: school fees!!!!!!!!!
I did the maths...the Js2 kid will enroll into uni in 4-5 years. Then spend between 4,5 or 6 years in school.
That means this man will keep praying school fees until he's 70, instead of enjoying his allawee or salary or pension. That means he'll still be actively hustling. Damn!!!!!!
I did further maths. Say you're 30 and get married by 33. Means for the next 20 to 25 years of your life your gonna be hustling good education for your kid. First kid. Then if you're a family planning champion who gave 5 years space between first and second kid prepare like 25 to 30 years of your life meaning by 63 you're still packing in heavy 9 to 5.

Of course if you decide to have 3 or 4 kids den your time spent on hustling for your kids elongated till your 70. grin

Then of course say you had your first kid by the age of 20!!!!!! Guess what? If you decide to have 2 to 3 kids with 2to 3 years space in-between them then max by 50 you're done with actively financially bringing them up. The first would have been fending for themselves, most likely the second too. Of course this assumes all things being equal I.e.. Good job or self employment, good this and that, which we all pray for.

Finally this of course doesn't apply to the likes of them danogtes and otedolas..
It's just a good food for thought. Comments and disagreement are welcome for discussion

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: At Least One Resson Why We Should Think About Getting Married Early by Nobody: 11:46pm On Mar 17, 2016
from my view, no one can sure play God.
Re: At Least One Resson Why We Should Think About Getting Married Early by Zambux(f): 11:49pm On Mar 17, 2016
on u Don try all these maths and fuda maths was a hit bck to bck

1 Like

Re: At Least One Resson Why We Should Think About Getting Married Early by Nobody: 11:52pm On Mar 17, 2016
Choices differ from person to person...for some ladies, if they aren't 25,then they surely aren't thinking seriously about marriage. And for the men,oh well most of them don't make up their minds until they are in their 30s.

For me,I would like to get married tomorrow if it were possible. grin

And of course,that's a joke.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: At Least One Resson Why We Should Think About Getting Married Early by Greene66: 12:15am On Mar 18, 2016
Marriage should not be earlier than 30.

Most people marry early for sex.
Re: At Least One Resson Why We Should Think About Getting Married Early by Nobody: 12:17am On Mar 18, 2016
What's this one saying? undecided what if you never give birth till when you're 35 even tho u got married at 18? What if you never amass the money to take care of the children you want to bring into this world till you're older?
Re: At Least One Resson Why We Should Think About Getting Married Early by Danfuster(m): 1:45am On Mar 18, 2016
The poster above me spits sense but then.... We're just a victim of a fvcked up system where nothing works. All thing being equal... NO graduate should have to languish before landing a job but the system produces endless tons of graduate with no job to offer. rather, they keep ridiculing our currency making it unvaluable so much that you're not financially secure with millions in your name.

This same cabal who profit from this deteriorating nation are the ones secretly recruiting their children into CBN.

Back then... The system was still pretty fair, you could do so much and feel secure with hundreds and thousands, if fact if you ask your parents why they never studied more(indirectly asking why they ain't richer) their answer would be... "we never thought nigeria could be like this" .

I could remember my mom throwing out her old stuff from the 90s, I saw a checklist while going through her bag and I saw this "meat 5Naira" along with other items, I was confused; I had to ask if she was putting suya on a checklist.. Lol. Next thing she said was "that was the meat we'd eat all through 2weeks". I was dazed

My point is... Nobody wants to be 70 while his/her kids are just gaining admission into Jss1 but we are left with no choice but to wait till we make those "assuring" millions.

Only an illiterate and those born with silver spoon falls in the category of early child bearers.

3 Likes

Re: At Least One Resson Why We Should Think About Getting Married Early by MIKOLOWISKA: 2:27am On Mar 18, 2016
Danfuster:
The poster above me spits sense but then.... We're just a victim of a fvcked up system where nothing works. All thing being equal... NO graduate should have to languish before landing a job but the system produces endless tons of graduate with no job to offer. rather, they keep ridiculing our currency making it unvaluable so much that you're not financially secure with millions in your name.

This same cabal who profit from this deteriorating nation are the ones secretly recruiting their children into CBN.

Back then... The system was still pretty fair, you could do so much and feel secure with hundreds and thousands, if fact if you ask your parents why they never studied more(indirectly asking why they ain't richer) their answer would be... "we never thought nigeria could be like this" .

I could remember my mom throwing out her old stuff from the 90s, I saw a checklist while going through her bag and I saw this "meat 5Naira" along with other items, I was confused; I had to ask if she was putting suya on a checklist.. Lol. Next thing she said was "that was the meat we'd eat all through 2weeks". I was dazed

My point is... Nobody wants to be 70 while his/her kids are just gaining admission into Jss1 but we are left with no choice but to wait till we make those "assuring" millions.

Only an illiterate and those born with silver spoon falls in the category of early child bearers.
enter farm una no gree

1 Like 1 Share

Re: At Least One Resson Why We Should Think About Getting Married Early by Nobody: 3:52am On Mar 18, 2016
Suigeneris93:
What's this one saying? undecided what if you never give birth till when you're 35 even tho u got married at 18? What if you never amass the money to take care of the children you want to bring into this world till you're older?
You actually made a whole lot of sense.

1 Like

Re: At Least One Resson Why We Should Think About Getting Married Early by Clarinett(m): 6:50am On Mar 18, 2016
Suigeneris93:

I just love your statement.. Very sensible point of view

2 Likes

Re: At Least One Resson Why We Should Think About Getting Married Early by Nobody: 8:13am On Mar 18, 2016
Phinalphantasy:
Not sure this is a good place to post this since peeps here are still dating but please think about it. Your disagreement and observations are welcome for discussion.

Ive never realized that I was shooting myself in the foot by delaying my marriage, which ultimately .meant delaying my family initiation. I was looking at my boss, a deputu general manager at a bank, prolly collects 1.5m monthly, a 60 years old man who has kids in JSS 2 in secondary school. It suddenly hit me what other married colleagues have been talking about: school fees!!!!!!!!!
I did the maths...the Js2 kid will enroll into uni in 4-5 years. Then spend between 4,5 or 6 years in school.
That means this man will keep praying school fees until he's 70, instead of enjoying his allawee or salary or pension. That means he'll still be actively hustling. Damn!!!!!!
I did further maths. Say you're 30 and get married by 33. Means for the next 20 to 25 years of your life your gonna be hustling good education for your kid. First kid. Then if you're a family planning champion who gave 5 years space between first and second kid prepare like 25 to 30 years of your life meaning by 63 you're still packing in heavy 9 to 5.

Of course if you decide to have 3 or 4 kids den your time spent on hustling for your kids elongated till your 70. grin

Then of course say you had your first kid by the age of 20!!!!!! Guess what? If you decide to have 2 to 3 kids with 2to 3 years space in-between them then max by 50 you're done with actively financially bringing them up. The first would have been fending for themselves, most likely the second too. Of course this assumes all things being equal I.e.. Good job or self employment, good this and that, which we all pray for.

Finally this of course doesn't apply to the likes of them danogtes and otedolas..
It's just a good food for thought. Comments and disagreement are welcome for discussion

Thank goodness Im married at 20 grin
Re: At Least One Resson Why We Should Think About Getting Married Early by ifeajikap(m): 8:53am On Mar 18, 2016
Arisha:

Thank goodness Im married at 20 grin
married? Wen I don strategies finish on how I go take follow up ur mata
Re: At Least One Resson Why We Should Think About Getting Married Early by Danfuster(m): 9:52am On Mar 18, 2016
MIKOLOWISKA:
enter farm una no gree

Follow the pictorial description diligently... Thank you

Re: At Least One Resson Why We Should Think About Getting Married Early by Nobody: 9:54am On Mar 18, 2016
ifeajikap:
married? Wen I don strategies finish on how I go take follow up ur mata

Yes . happily!
Re: At Least One Resson Why We Should Think About Getting Married Early by ifeajikap(m): 10:19am On Mar 18, 2016
Arisha:

Yes . happily!
@ dis point I jus av to wish u more happy years in ur marriage
Re: At Least One Resson Why We Should Think About Getting Married Early by Nobody: 10:15pm On Mar 18, 2016
Suigeneris93:

Remember I said with all things being equal.

At this point I will say that if you get married at 18 and don't give birth till 35, that person either knows what he or she is doing or they are so clueless about life. In this present day of artificial insemination and foster birth, waiting for a whopping 17 years is not an option. It's expensive but so is the money we use to buy a new ride.

As for the money not being amassed until you're older, i guess that's ur believe where u must not have kids until u get the millions? Am sure u itself knows that's not a good excuse. Most parents of last two decades weren't a quarter of millionaires.today their kids are bankers, oil workers, doctors etc. The kids attended public school, command secondary school, air force, ckc, fgc, etc. They must not go to Loyola Jesuit, corona and the likes. Those ones demand that millions you refer to. What is wrong with people following societal trends? Jeez
Re: At Least One Resson Why We Should Think About Getting Married Early by Nobody: 10:22pm On Mar 18, 2016
Phinalphantasy:

Remember I said with all things being equal.

At this point I will say that if you get married at 18 and don't give birth till 35, that person either knows what he or she is doing or they are so clueless about life. In this present day of artificial insemination and foster birth, waiting for a whopping 17 years is not an option. It's expensive but so is the money we use to buy a new ride.

As for the money not being amassed until you're older, i guess that's ur believe where u must not have kids until u get the millions? Am sure u itself knows that's not a good excuse. Most parents of last two decades weren't a quarter of millionaires.today their kids are bankers, oil workers, doctors etc. The kids attended public school, command secondary school, air force, ckc, fgc, etc. They must not go to Loyola Jesuit, corona and the likes. Those ones demand that millions you refer to. What is wrong with people following societal trends? Jeez

Okay, talking with you will prolly be a waste of time, I agree with you wholeheartedly. Bye undecided
Re: At Least One Resson Why We Should Think About Getting Married Early by Nobody: 10:33pm On Mar 18, 2016
Suigeneris93:

Okay, talking with you will prolly be a waste of time, I agree with you wholeheartedly. Bye undecided

undecided undecided what is this one saying
Re: At Least One Resson Why We Should Think About Getting Married Early by MIKOLOWISKA: 10:40pm On Mar 18, 2016
Danfuster:

Follow the pictorial description diligently... Thank you
and yet you wonder why your wailing has not brought results for sixty years. BTW theseare also the instructions to where your brain is
Re: At Least One Resson Why We Should Think About Getting Married Early by Danfuster(m): 4:53am On Mar 19, 2016
MIKOLOWISKA:
and yet you wonder why your wailing has not brought results for sixty years. BTW theseare also the instructions to where your brain is

Re: At Least One Resson Why We Should Think About Getting Married Early by MIKOLOWISKA: 5:15pm On Apr 09, 2016
Re: At Least One Resson Why We Should Think About Getting Married Early by Nobody: 5:15am On Jun 06, 2016
Suigeneris93:

why sharing fights sef...bet why
Re: At Least One Resson Why We Should Think About Getting Married Early by skywalker240(m): 8:44am On Jun 06, 2016
come to think of it, i think the op made a lot of sense. Because it has even more better advantages if we are talking about the economy,...most poor homes today never expected what will befall dem and so u see a man who has worked in a big firm recieving some huge blocks when in his 60's still struggling to pay childrens school fees after he resigned some yrs back..some folks who keeps saying let the money come before i settle down should know that not every body is gonna be financially stable so what then are u left with when after strugglin and u find urself still struggling and u are almost 40 or 45?...the op wrong in some aspect, but then yall should jus do what u think is right for u as for me, cant immaging myself still training a child in my 70's unless am been philantropic at some adopted kids.

(1) (Reply)

. / Why Are Girls Like This? / The Difference Between Private And Public Schools Teachers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.