Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,804 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:39 AM

Afolabi Akanni In Rubber Bathroom Slippers - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Afolabi Akanni In Rubber Bathroom Slippers (52540 Views)

Afolabi Akanni Receives Heroic Welcome As He Arrives Ado-ekiti. Photos / Afolabi Akanni Not Dead As DSS Produces ‘Dead’ Lawmaker Alive (PHOTO) / Lawmaker, Afolabi Akanni, Dies In DSS Custody - Lanre Ogunsuyi For Ekiti Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Afolabi Akanni In Rubber Bathroom Slippers by maasoap(m): 8:33am On Mar 18, 2016
hush15:

We not expecting him to form excited had hearty, are we? It's the SSS.

DSS need to review their comment cos this guy ain't looking hale and hearty to me. He is just alive but not hale or hearty even if he dey pretend.

I read sometime back a judge granted bail as he is yet to be charged by the DSS for whatever crime for more than 3 months. Yet the DSS says they yet to get any order from the courts... If that's not impunity, I wonder what is!!!!

What is justice when it is only served to dead people...
Three months! Lol. There are too many criminals in DSS and EFCC custody and you begin to mix them up. This guy was picked up last week. And people like me are happy, nobody should be above the law. I hope you already knew his crimes?

2 Likes

Re: Afolabi Akanni In Rubber Bathroom Slippers by olumidazz: 8:34am On Mar 18, 2016
This guy does not look turtured and is perfectly ok. He even has a new hair cut.
Re: Afolabi Akanni In Rubber Bathroom Slippers by ngooka: 8:34am On Mar 18, 2016
Just because he's a PDP member? God help us
Re: Afolabi Akanni In Rubber Bathroom Slippers by Nobody: 8:34am On Mar 18, 2016
God frustrates the devices of the crafty so their plans can fail. Evil politicians across partisan divides who unrepentantly strut about our political landscape are sure to have their turn at sorrow, pain and regret.
Re: Afolabi Akanni In Rubber Bathroom Slippers by PhilipRex(m): 8:34am On Mar 18, 2016
Pls some body should help me, how can I post issue on nairaland forum to enable the public read it .
Re: Afolabi Akanni In Rubber Bathroom Slippers by simplynola(m): 8:36am On Mar 18, 2016
Ekiti state Chinwetalu Agu. Is this Ekitiwood or dsswood? Sure it ain't nollywood.

1 Like

Re: Afolabi Akanni In Rubber Bathroom Slippers by hmuhammad(m): 8:36am On Mar 18, 2016
blackpanda:
Ekiti people love drama sha grin

See as he is doing as if he wants to die. Lol.
Even put head for table like school pikin shocked grin

Agbaya oshi.
LMAO!!! He's pretending to be sick, the man na correct agbaya
Re: Afolabi Akanni In Rubber Bathroom Slippers by Nobody: 8:36am On Mar 18, 2016
You guys are just desperate attention seekers. What's wrong in a suspect wearing bathroom slippers. Ordinarily, in police cell, suspects walk barefooted. Suspect is a suspect, whether lawmaker or lawbreaker.
Yam eaters must vomit our yam, weak, dead or alive.
DSS, continue with the good work.
Re: Afolabi Akanni In Rubber Bathroom Slippers by hmuhammad(m): 8:37am On Mar 18, 2016
olumidazz:
This guy does not look turtured and is perfectly ok. He even has a new hair cut.
wizkid kind of hair cut, the man na nollywood star
Re: Afolabi Akanni In Rubber Bathroom Slippers by greenguy: 8:38am On Mar 18, 2016
PRYCE:
You don't know his offence yet you are enjoying his incarceration! Well, it could be ur kin's turn tomorrow to be arrested without cause then you gon come in here to wail ur soul out!... SMH!

His offence is public knowledge. You just don't read or you harbor hate for this government.
Re: Afolabi Akanni In Rubber Bathroom Slippers by Nobody: 8:38am On Mar 18, 2016
I been think say na scenes of Nollywood film
Re: Afolabi Akanni In Rubber Bathroom Slippers by hush15: 8:38am On Mar 18, 2016
maasoap:

You are still asking what his offence was, very funny. Simple Google search will help you if you haven't been following the news in the last two weeks.

Just help us post his offence here make we see. They say security breach like that is not ambiguous in it's own..
What security breach is it that we talking bout that the laws don't have defined penalties for if proven in court. So to detain him indefinitely is the judgement?

That eeediot called Tope Aluko is there that committed perjury, DSS ain't looking for him. Larmode is there with unaccounted looted fund that are not returned to the government, Agatu incidence which pose serious national security threat is there for the DSS to investigate but they can go after opposition party members and detain indefinitely with their useless EFCC cunterparts

2 Likes

Re: Afolabi Akanni In Rubber Bathroom Slippers by superstar3: 8:40am On Mar 18, 2016
Nothing do this man. He was just forming sick. He still have a clean shave hair and beard unlike Metuh.
Re: Afolabi Akanni In Rubber Bathroom Slippers by viktor556(m): 8:41am On Mar 18, 2016
Lmaooo! This man is a clown!
Re: Afolabi Akanni In Rubber Bathroom Slippers by greenguy: 8:42am On Mar 18, 2016
maasoap:

Three months! Lol. There are too many criminals in DSS and EFCC custody and you begin to mix them up. This guy was picked up last week. And people like me are happy, nobody should be above the law. I hope you already knew his crimes?

Sympathy will continue to be the bane of Nigerians. The guy should keep acting drama, directed and produced by Ayo Fayose.
Re: Afolabi Akanni In Rubber Bathroom Slippers by maasoap(m): 8:42am On Mar 18, 2016
Ugonnax:

This is what we have been telling yorubas...Buhari did this to Nnamdi Kanu, yoruba cheered it out of hate even when it's unconstitutional. Now Buhari is now passing the same unconstitutional treatment to yorubas....because you allowed it.
Tribalist! Even Dasuki is half Igbo and half Yoruba? Wetin concern Yoruba with criminal even if you are Yoruba. It is you folks that always defend criminals just because they are from your tribe, it doesn't matter to you if they have impoverished you through stealing, diversion and mismanagement of public funds while in office. Carry your tribalistic view away from here.
Re: Afolabi Akanni In Rubber Bathroom Slippers by saintmark88(m): 8:42am On Mar 18, 2016
It's painful, tht most Nigerians would fall for these, sometimes we act like we went to school n left our sense behind, this man is clearly acting up to draw public sympathy, y is he acting like he is in labour N abt to give birth
Re: Afolabi Akanni In Rubber Bathroom Slippers by chidozieikeji2: 8:42am On Mar 18, 2016
Nigeria is gradualy turning into a one party dictatorship dis man is not supposed to be in dss custody they should charge him to court if u look at dis man u will find out that he is being tortured dis issue is not a matter of being a pdp member or apc member dis is a matter of human right abuse and if we don't condemn it tomorrow it might be ur turn SAY NO TO DICTATORSHIP OF ANY KIND
Re: Afolabi Akanni In Rubber Bathroom Slippers by VajanahDischaj(f): 8:43am On Mar 18, 2016
is it bad to wear bathroom slippers?
even President Jonathan had no shoes back in the days. when they arrest these men,nah so them go dey form like a deflated c0ck!
Re: Afolabi Akanni In Rubber Bathroom Slippers by Vado(m): 8:44am On Mar 18, 2016
southniyikaye:
oga carry your wisdomless quotes away from here.was ibori not tried in one of these courts? The same court that will tell a looter who stole billions to pay thousand for bail! Have you forgotten when an accused will take drum and everything to court because he knows he will be bailed? Nigerian politiefcians needs iron hand and that's what they are getting.

So how many politicians on all levels from the coalition of the defunct ACN CPC & even former newPDP has this your iron hand been extended to? Bro, let us quit being sentimental & hypocritical. What is bad is bad. The law is the law. I want this country to work as well but if we are aspiring to be a working society like what in America & Europe, we must do things guided by democratic principles & the constitution.

1 Like

Re: Afolabi Akanni In Rubber Bathroom Slippers by hmuhammad(m): 8:46am On Mar 18, 2016
joeprince23:
I am typing this with my eyes full of tears,see how an honourable member of ekiti HOA is tortured not minding his age and health status... God will surely punish buhari for appointing a bigot daura man in charge of DSS
crocodile tears, marilyn ogar did worse. The same God you prayed to for Buhari's punishment will also punish you, be calm!!! Change is a gradual process......or wail beyond 2019

3 Likes

Re: Afolabi Akanni In Rubber Bathroom Slippers by hush15: 8:46am On Mar 18, 2016
greenguy:

His offence is public knowledge. You just don't read or you harbor hate for this government.

Yes, I hate a government that is prejudicial in it's actions and lacks democratic instincts cos it all boils down to one, oppression.

This government is stupid, useless and full of hate. They are incompetent and unprofessional. Is it Mr President who is busy travelling round the world looking for solution that is not far fetched or the minister that can't differentiate between information and propaganda or is it kachwukwu who after being appointed that Nigerians has been suffering to get fuel and every month is a bit back to back or that the price of ordinary blade is the is higher that bottle water?
Re: Afolabi Akanni In Rubber Bathroom Slippers by Realhommie(m): 8:46am On Mar 18, 2016
hush15:

Nigerians sha....

What sentiments are you talking about? So you expecting him to be all smiles and telling Nigerians that the DSS is giving him a blast?

If DSS has any evidence no matter how little, they should present it to the courts or is that not why the courts are they to prove people are guilty as claimed. Why detain a man for more than 3 months and you claim you have evidence and still haven't gone to the courts? Or we not in democracy again? DSS can't just act randomly without properly concluding investigations to evidently indict someone. DSS can't be jumping up and down on some random tips !

This is oppression at it's height and it's only in Buhari's administration such exist. It happened when he was head of state, it is happening now.

Buhari can't tell me he doesn't know the thieves amongst his party members. Why can't he be hounding them with his DSS dogs even if we know he won't convict them but hound them well to sit tight. Mr. Integrity is pure hypocrite.
Well, You have some points but we can't all see things Same way..

Firstly, that guy hasn't been incarcerated up to even 2 months how much more over 3 months..

Secondly, i can't claim to be very conversant with the modus-operandi of the DSS but i'm sure they cldn't be acting without recourse to the law, they must have gotten some kinda clearance or approval for this act of invading the Ekiti state HOA and detaining some Hon's otherwise i'm very sure there'll be some kinda backlash from the judiciary.. Lets be patient rather than cast aspersions.

Finally, dn't know why the president isn't hounding some corrupt elements in his Party, not trying to defend him but i believe eventually it'll come to that as you do not expect him to begin the fight from within his Party... Also dn't forget that politics here is different and very complicated, even if you are upright and morally firm and get elected to an exalted position as that of the president FRoN, sometimes you'll have to dance to the whims and caprices of those who sponsored you.. A typical example is GEJ, he was a good man no doubt but.........

For us to get it right we have to get out of that, though difficult but not impossible.

1 Like

Re: Afolabi Akanni In Rubber Bathroom Slippers by thunder74(m): 8:48am On Mar 18, 2016
Ojiofor:
Abeg what is his offence?
Serious state security breach. It is no more corruption again after Fayose published the laws and power of DSS That they do not have power to investigate electoral offences and financial frauds.

1 Like

Re: Afolabi Akanni In Rubber Bathroom Slippers by akilo1: 8:48am On Mar 18, 2016
Gpod job dss,let them pay for thier sin
Re: Afolabi Akanni In Rubber Bathroom Slippers by Nobody: 8:48am On Mar 18, 2016
theyv prolly broken d guy!!!
Re: Afolabi Akanni In Rubber Bathroom Slippers by maasoap(m): 8:50am On Mar 18, 2016
Vado:

So how many politicians on all levels from the coalition of the defunct ACN CPC & even former newPDP has this your iron hand been extended to? Bro, let us quit being sentimental & hypocritical. What is bad is bad. The law is the law. I want this country to work as well but if we are aspiring to be a working society like what in America & Europe, we must do things guided by democratic principles & the constitution.
Pls allow this commited administration to fight crime the way it can. After all, pdp was there for 16 years and instead, allowed corruption and indiscipline to flourish.

1 Like

Re: Afolabi Akanni In Rubber Bathroom Slippers by 3pside: 8:51am On Mar 18, 2016
olatade:
Just tell us how it all went in ekitigate brouhaha so you stupid governor will face d music
How many investigations has d DSS done in all d states rigged by APC or u mean they all won cos of their hard work or love by d ppl. Dis DSS ppl forget power can change hands tomorrow nd dey will b at d receiving end,if they like dey shld b professional or partisan na dem go suffer tomorrow.
Re: Afolabi Akanni In Rubber Bathroom Slippers by darelar(m): 8:52am On Mar 18, 2016
PRYCE:
You don't know his offence yet you are enjoying his incarceration! Well, it could be ur kin's turn tomorrow to be arrested without cause then you gon come in here to wail ur soul out!... SMH!
how many poor innocent Nigeria n's are in police custody without any offence or those that are in prison for no crime. Is case is not different but I believe himself know his crime.
Re: Afolabi Akanni In Rubber Bathroom Slippers by pdpchangeapc(m): 8:53am On Mar 18, 2016
I am not a politician and i have no sympathy for any politician or political party in Nigeria because since we got independence their rulings has always been to the detriment of the masses, the commoners which i belong. But i have sympathy for the rule of law and human right.
Do we still have that rule of law in this country? Is this not tantamount to violation of human right by the present government? How on earth can a court of justice give order for an accused to be bailed and the government refused the bail order? Is our law not working again? If the government can no more trust the verdict of our judiciary, then something is wrong with the country and i think the law has to be changed. I think there is no reason for the government to continue violating the law since that is the yardstick and the rule we are governed with.
The reason i am saying this is that i foresee a time which is fast approaching when there will be a friction between a man who is a politician or somehow related to people in power and a commoner, and the common man will be picked up by DSS and kept in prison without charge and even when there is a court order to release the man on bail, they will not obey jut because they want him to be punished. This is how bad governance start and this is how we got to this rotten state in this country. But i think this present government promised a 'CHANGE' from the past bad governance.
If the man has committed an offense, charge him to court and let him face the necessary judgment instead of keeping him in detention without charge. While we are fighting corruption and insecurity, we should also respect the law of the country. We cannot continue to fight corruption with corruption and illegality with illegality, things can never work that way.

1 Like

Re: Afolabi Akanni In Rubber Bathroom Slippers by hush15: 8:53am On Mar 18, 2016
maasoap:

It's not last week, check the news of when ekiti HOA was invaded. It's more than two weeks now.

But honestly , even If it is 3 days, has it not surpassed the time lag to present the evidence that should charge to court? Why detain a man for weeks and not have a case in court for him to answer? We shouldn't support this oppression by the DSS. It's wrong.

He can't be there for just a week and be forming ill health, he has been there for a while.
Re: Afolabi Akanni In Rubber Bathroom Slippers by Boyewu: 8:53am On Mar 18, 2016
Ojiofor:
Abeg what is his offence?
Here is the offence More facts have emerged on why some Ekiti State executive council members and lawmakers were arrested by the Department of State Services (DSS). They are being investigated for various allegations, including alleged murder, destruction of government property, tax evasion, fraudulent procurement of judgment, attacks on courts and judges, fraudulent diversion of reimbursement on federal roads, subversion of electoral process, violence, among others. The suspects are Commissioner for Finance Toyin Ojo; former Special Adviser on Revenue Matters Ropo Ogunjobi and four lawmakers-Afolabi Akanni (Efon), Musa Arogundade (Ado 1), Badejo Anifowose (Moba 2) and Sina Animasaun (Ekiti West 2). The suspects and others yet to be arrested are also being investigated for their roles as “strikers” during the June 21 2014 governorship election. They are accused of carrying out attacks and pointing at opposition figures who were arrested to pave way for rigging at various units. A source told our reporter on Tuesday that Ojo was being questioned about the alleged receipt of N5.8 billion reimbursement from the Federal Government on the rehabilitation of federal roads, including the Ado-Ifaki Road. The reimbursement on the project executed by the Kayode Fayemi administration was paid to the Ayo Fayose administration. But it was not reflected in the 2015 budget speech presented by Fayose to seven Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) lawmakers of the Fourth Assembly. Ojo is also being grilled on the N2.4 billion Ecological fund received from the Federal Government but allegedly mismanaged, with records tendered at DSS showing that only N400 million was spent on ecological projects. Our source also revealed that a lawmaker was being grilled for alleged murder during a political crisis in his home town, assault on Justice John Ademola Adeyeye, presentation of a forged House of Representatives Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) primary election result for Ekiti North 2, which produced Thaddeus Aina as the winner. One of the aspirants, Cyril Fasuyi, presented evidence in court that a forged result was presented when no election was held with the lawmaker at the centre of the alleged fraud. The lawmaker is also being investigated for blocking the highway during the violence that trailed an attempt by the APC lawmakers in the Fourth Assembly to impeach Fayose for alleged gross misconduct. He is also under investigation for alleged complicity in the murder of Kareem Modupe (a.k.a. Eleyele) during a political crisis in Efon last year. Kareem’s body is still in the mortuary. DSS is also investigating him over a petition that he did not possess a valid senior school certificate, which is the minimum requirement to contest for a House of Assembly seat. He was said to have stopped school in Form Three. The source said: “When he was asked in DSS custody about where he had his secondary education, he said he attended a secondary school in Lagos but he cannot remember the date. “The lawmaker is being questioned for assaulting Justice Adeyeye alongside another aide of Fayose, who was rewarded with the position of Special Assistant. “The day of the incident coincided with the first day of sitting of the Election Petition Tribunal when Fayose came to the court with a large number of his supporters but he missed his way and a case was being heard at Justice Adeyeye’s court. “Adeyeye advised him (Fayose) to control his supporters but they assaulted him (Adeyeye) in the presence of witnesses. All these he will tell the DSS in the course of their investigation.” The source also added that three lawyers in the Fayose administration are being investigated for allegedly masterminding an attack on Justice Isaac Olusegun Ogunyemi, who was hearing a suit filed by a group. “Ogunyemi was to deliver a ruling to stay action on Fayose’s swearing-in but these lawyers masterminded the sacking of the court by inviting hoodlums who carried out the attack. The DSS is looking into these cases hitherto buried,” the source said. Another lawmaker is at the centre of a fraudulently procured judgment from the Federal High Court, Abuja in which a lawyer was hired for the candidate who won the Ado 1 primary, Odunayo Talabi (aka Arinka), without the latter’s knowledge. The lawmaker sued PDP, Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) and Talabi and secured an order to accept his nomination and reject Talabi’s candidacy. Talabi’s name had appeared on the INEC list of candidates and he had been given nomination form by the electoral agency. Talabi petitioned INEC and other agencies, claiming he was not put on notice and did not hire any lawyer to represent him. A key Assembly man is also under investigation for allegedly destroying seven ballot boxes during the House of Assembly election in Moba 1 after the results on the field showed that the Labour Party (LP) candidate, Babatunde Yinka, had won. One of the officials is being grilled about N1.9 billion missing within one year. The source said: “Huge sums of money are transferred into accounts he opened with two new generation banks in Ado- Ekiti. “He is building a petrol station and has built a mansion in his hometown. “He is expected to shed light on alleged fraudulent deals with a vey senior government official and he has been cooperating.”

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Buhari Wins In Osun State With Low Margin / EFCC Arrests Kelechi Vitalis Anozie In Owerri (Photos) / 2023: Real Reasons I Must Win Presidential Election – Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.