Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,374 members, 7,815,791 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:28 PM

My Mum VS My Girlfriend. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Mum VS My Girlfriend. (4794 Views)

My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. / '29 Years Together, My Mum Is Still Looking At My Dad Like This' - Nigerian Lady / The Son My Late Dad Had Out Of Wedlock Locked My Mum Out Of Our House, Pls Advis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Mum VS My Girlfriend. by Izzy002(m): 8:44am On Mar 18, 2016
You brought your Girlfriend to your family house to see and meet with your mum..

After interacting for a while with your mum, your mum then goes into her room and brings out her piles of dirty clothes for your girlfriend to wash.

Guys, what would you do if you were confronted with this situation?

Ladies, what are you going to do if you find yourself in this situation?
Wash it or not?

Be sincere. No forming. No pretending.
Re: My Mum VS My Girlfriend. by sisisioge: 8:46am On Mar 18, 2016
Not.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Mum VS My Girlfriend. by Izzy002(m): 8:55am On Mar 18, 2016
sisisioge:
Not.
Bet why??
Re: My Mum VS My Girlfriend. by otipoju(m): 8:59am On Mar 18, 2016
Offer to help her wash it herself....to be continued. Slleep day catch me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Mum VS My Girlfriend. by sisisioge: 9:03am On Mar 18, 2016
Izzy002:

Bet why??

Bet I'm not coming in as the family's maid nau. You probably like/love me enough to show me to your mom, if we can't start by respecting each other then there's no point pursuing the venture. So both you and your mom can go and hug transformation. Eyin loonies!

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Mum VS My Girlfriend. by KissCODE(m): 9:24am On Mar 18, 2016
sisisioge:

Bet I'm not coming in as the family's maid nau. You probably like/love me enough to show me to your mom, if we can't start by respecting each other then there's no point pursuing the venture. So both you and your mom can go and hug transformation. Eyin loonies!
If you are yet single; i pray you get married before Dec 31st 2016... Amen.
But washing someone‘s clothe does not make one a maid. Remember that in Africa & Nigeria, marriage is not between a man & a woman but between two families.

OP, if your reason for bringing the girl to my mom is for her aproval then i will encourage her to wash the clothes with smile & happiness. After all as a would be mother-inlaw, she could have ordinarily asked to help her wash clothes, do the dishes and other house work.

So for me i will encourage my woman to wash the clothes and even do more.
I see nothing wrong in it.

4 Likes

Re: My Mum VS My Girlfriend. by Cutehector(m): 9:41am On Mar 18, 2016
What kind of rubbish is that? angry

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Mum VS My Girlfriend. by Cutehector(m): 9:42am On Mar 18, 2016
KissCODE:

But washing someone‘s clothe does not make one a maid. Remember that in Africa & Nigeria, marriage is not between a man & a woman but between two families.

OP, if your reason for bringing the girl to my mom is for her aproval then i will encourage her to wash the clothes with smile & happiness. After all as a would be mother-inlaw, she could have ordinarily asked to help her wash clothes, do the dishes and other house work.

lol reminds me of d man in d bible who served d girlfrnd's father for seven good years! And served d same father for the sister to his girlfrnd for another seven good years! grin

Can u do that Mr man?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mum VS My Girlfriend. by Cutehector(m): 9:43am On Mar 18, 2016
Lalasticlala
Re: My Mum VS My Girlfriend. by Nobody: 9:47am On Mar 18, 2016
I'll wash it,... I'll ask her if there is still more. If I can wash for my mum then there is no big deal washing for her. My guys mum has to be my mum too........ I won't fall sick or my makeup won't clean if I do the washing.
There is nothing to form for........._______

My dream is to have a nice mother inlaw(to be), someone dat is down to earth, dat treat you just like her own daughter {remember that a daughter can anything for her mum just to make her happy } smiley

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mum VS My Girlfriend. by Nobody: 9:49am On Mar 18, 2016
Cutehector:
What kind of rubbish is that? angry

That is interesting not a rubbish idea............

1 Like

Re: My Mum VS My Girlfriend. by tuns10: 9:50am On Mar 18, 2016
i think it is the responsibility of the guy to collect the clothes and wash them while the girl stays there with him or assists.You are taking her home for the first time and expect her to wash clothes. That one is strong o

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mum VS My Girlfriend. by aforti(m): 10:00am On Mar 18, 2016
KissCODE:

If she op's mother chose to go and bring out her dirty cloth out for a girl she is meeting for the first time just to approve of their relationship, what will she do next give her cutlass to go and show her farming skills?. You cannot just asked other person's daughter to do your dirty laundry while your child is standing infront of you. The right thing to do is for the mother to ask op to wash her cloths if the girl decides to offer an helping hand fine if not op and his mother can go and create a woman for themselves...what nonsense just in the name of hoping to marry. Hope if op's girlfriend takes him to his father and he decides to ask to polish his shoes or wash his car the first day he is meeting him you would also advice the girl to encourage op to do it?.

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Mum VS My Girlfriend. by byvan03: 10:05am On Mar 18, 2016
I will tell her that I will do it when next I visit, their won't be a next. I have no business with disrespectful MIL to be, respect isn't the exclusive preserve of the very elderly. I expect his son to intervene at this point before things get awkward, because I won't wash, period .

What nonsense!

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Mum VS My Girlfriend. by aforti(m): 10:07am On Mar 18, 2016
SANDOSKI:
I'll wash it,... I'll ask her if there is still more. If I can wash for my mum then there is no big deal washing for her. My guys mum has to be my mum too........ I won't fall sick or my makeup won't clean if I do the washing.

My dream is to have a nice mother inlaw(to be), someone dat is down to earth, dat treat you just like her own daughter {remember that a daughter can anything for her mum just to make her happy } smiley

Na your type of people them they use do rag for marriage. Op's mother is meeting you for the first time. She no offer you food as a mother would to to a child Na cloths she go bring out for you to wash as if Na house girl skills them want access and you are saying u will wash it. If you go visit your mama from a distance after you have not seen her for a while and nxt thing she just go bring pit cloths for you to wash you no go vex? This is the first characteristic of a desperado, aka fake ppl, doing things you would not normally do just to please people.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Mum VS My Girlfriend. by Cutehector(m): 10:08am On Mar 18, 2016
SANDOSKI:

That is interesting not a rubbish idea............
oh really, u really must be a guy!

1 Like

Re: My Mum VS My Girlfriend. by Nobody: 10:10am On Mar 18, 2016
Cutehector:
oh really, u really must be a guy!

No I'm not......
Re: My Mum VS My Girlfriend. by Nobody: 10:16am On Mar 18, 2016
aforti:

Na your type of people them they use do rag for marriage. Op's mother is meeting you for the first time. She no offer you food as a mother would to to a child Na cloths she go bring out for you to wash as if Na house girl skills them want access and you are saying u will wash it. If you go visit your mama from a distance after you have not seen her for a while and nxt thing she just go bring pit
cloths for you to wash you no go vex? This is the first characteristic of a desperado, aka fake ppl, doing things you would not normally do just to please people.

U r wrong...... Sometimes in life you need to monitor the type of people you meet. People are different, everyone can't have similar characters. It will be my decision whether to come back to the house next time or not.

If the OP helps his girlfriend to do the washing, dat will be nice of him.

2 Likes

Re: My Mum VS My Girlfriend. by byvan03: 10:17am On Mar 18, 2016
aforti:

If she op's mother chose to go and bring out her dirty cloth out for a girl she is meeting for the first time just to approve of their relationship, what will she do next give her cutlass to go and show her farming skills?. You cannot just asked other person's daughter to do your dirty laundry while your child is standing infront of you. The right thing to do is for the mother to ask op to wash her cloths if the girl decides to offer an helping hand fine if not op and his mother can go and create a woman for themselves...what nonsense just in the name of hoping to marry. Hope if op's girlfriend takes him to his father and he decides to ask to polish his shoes or wash his car the first day he is meeting him you would also advice the girl to encourage op to do it?.

Thank you!

6 Likes

Re: My Mum VS My Girlfriend. by lilmax(m): 10:23am On Mar 18, 2016
Who does that?

6 Likes

Re: My Mum VS My Girlfriend. by KissCODE(m): 10:23am On Mar 18, 2016
Cutehector:
lol reminds me of d man in d bible who served d girlfrnd's father for seven good years! And served d same father for the sister to his girlfrnd for another seven good years! grin
Can u do that Mr man?
that man served for 14years because either he is ignarant of the cultures & traditions of the land or he chose to ignore it.
Thats is not the only instatnce in the Bible where people served for marriage. Moses served his father inlaw for 40years.
But before Moses or even Jacob, Rebecca Jacob‘s mother became Isaac‘s wife because other girls where making inyanga but she was humble enough to give water to a stranger and also fetch water for his camels.
Go and study about camels tell me how many litres one camel can take before it gets satisfied that will tell u how many litres times how many camel that lady gave water that attracted a golden bracelet.

Now to your question. I am a man that studies people‘s culture & tradition before doing anything serious with them. I will not serve for 14years to marry mylove but i will serve for seven years because that‘s the bride price my father inlaw requires of me. I will wait and also work hard to see that the older sister gets married before i move in to make the catch on my love.

People who cry after marriage are people who sometimes or mosttimes ignore early warnings they see while courting.
A man whose father is married to 3wives has the tendency to marry more than one wife or even cheat openly. When some girls ignore these type of signs only for them to discover it when it is too late.
A girls whose mother moved out of matrimonial home has 80% possiblilty ofdoing same too. Some men ignore this sign in the name of love.

If a mother inlaw welcomes u with a hard task. If you can stand it take a walk but it doesnt mean she is turning u into a maid.
You are a would be “daughter“ inlaw and daughters wash their mum‘s cloths.

3 Likes

Re: My Mum VS My Girlfriend. by sisisioge: 10:36am On Mar 18, 2016
KissCODE:

Good for you...no further comments. Plus thanks for the prayers.

2 Likes

Re: My Mum VS My Girlfriend. by keepingmum: 10:37am On Mar 18, 2016
KissCODE:

Your mates have bought washing machines and even employed maids for their mother yet, your yardstick measurement for "good wife" criteria is that she is a slave to your mum.
That is how tomorrow you will come and complain that your wife who is 9 months pregnant or who just had CS 2 days ago refused to pound yam for your visiting mother + she also refused to wash your younger brother's nephew's boxers....rubbish angry

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Mum VS My Girlfriend. by Cutehector(m): 10:42am On Mar 18, 2016
SANDOSKI:

I think u r very desperate to get married. Smth tells me ur 40 and still single. Relax. It's not a must to b married

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mum VS My Girlfriend. by KissCODE(m): 10:46am On Mar 18, 2016
Aforti

There is nothing i wont to for my father inlaw. Because he is going to be my “father“ inlaw not just another man in the street.

My Dad has 3 sons inlaw & the one who is a mobile police officer is the one my parents consider their best son inlaw. He is the poorest of all. But he is the one that knows some of the things we the children are strugling to find out from my father.
My dad doesent need his money, (i doubt if he has what he can give to my dad, but he takes good care of his children & wife). He is a superior officer yet he still goes closer to my dad than any other inlaw. He hears my father‘s breath. He is like my dad‘s first son. Even now he practically have a room in my father‘s house just like we his sons. All because of his closeness and service to my mom & dad. I wont be surprised (none of my parent‘s childrn) will be suprised if my dad dies and we see this guy‘s name in his will.
We all have even grown fonder of him. He is not from our state nor our region buy his down to earth“ness“ has broken all of us. We have no option than to love him as elder brother. He serves in another state far from where we live but he still comes around anytime he is on leave.
My other inlaws are & theirs wives are beginning to get jelous because of how this guys not only our company but also our comfort.
Re: My Mum VS My Girlfriend. by KissCODE(m): 10:52am On Mar 18, 2016
Cutehector:
I think u r very desperate to get married. Smth tells me ur 40 and still single. Relax. It's not a must to b married
well u dont have to insult her like this.
Take note: there are 3 types of single men & women.
One those who understands the importance of marriage & are ready to pay the price of getting married.
Two those who pretend that marriage doesnt matter but are dying inside to get married.
And three those doesnt know or care about marriage for now.

But know u that all of us men & women are a desparet to get married. If not now soon.
Age, time & the society has a way of reminding us those things we pretend doesnt matter are the things that really matter.

1 Like

Re: My Mum VS My Girlfriend. by Cutehector(m): 10:55am On Mar 18, 2016
KissCODE:
well u dont have to insult her like this.
Take note: there are 3 types of single men & women.
One those who understands the importance of marriage & are ready to pay the price of getting married.
Two those who pretend that marriage doesnt matter but are dying inside to get married.
And three those doesnt know or care about marriage for now.

But know u that all of us men & women are a desparet to get married. If not now soon.
Age, time & the society has a way of reminding us those things we pretend doesnt matter are the things that really matter.
but u knw thr is tym for everythn. And once someone misses there chance for dat, they become desperate.

3 Likes

Re: My Mum VS My Girlfriend. by KissCODE(m): 11:01am On Mar 18, 2016
Cutehector:
but u knw thr is tym for everythn. And once someone misses there chance for dat, they become desperate.
helping a would be mother inlaw to wash cloths is not a sign of desperation... Thats my own understanding.

1 Like

Re: My Mum VS My Girlfriend. by KissCODE(m): 11:27am On Mar 18, 2016
keepingmum:

Your mates have bought washing machines and even employed maids for their mother yet, your yardstick measurement for "good wife" criteria is that she is a slave to your mum.
it is funny how you think. The OP didnt specify the method of the cloth washing.
Having said that: if you have ever used washing machine you will know that washing machine does not work without the help of a human being. It cant take cloths in to itself neither can it bring them out after washing. So maybe the OP mother just wanted the lady to assist the washing machine.

You talked about a maid... Probably the OP‘s mother has a maid who was sick and had to go on a sick leave and she just needed to find out how loyal her would be sister inlaw will be.

Bros make we forget all these oyibo life style. We are Africans and i am proud to be one.
Go to America look at all the influential men in government, their wives are home makers thats why you dont hear them talk ofdivorce or cheating. Look at the Bush or Gate or even Trump.
Bill gate cheated because he has a wife who loves her carreer more than he marriage & she didnt make noise about it because she knows it is partly her fault.
Tell me what is the work of Otedola‘s wife apart from home making.
Tell me what is the work of Dangote‘s wife apart from home making.
Mention great men with stablehome and you will see that their wives are organizers of their home.
Bros when you a peaceful home front you will have a peaceful business front or office front.
I am married to a beautiful home maker (not a house wife). She knows what it means to give a man peace & love at home. Which motivates me the man to go extra mile in making she and my lovely children happy.

My role models in life are not film makers, musicians or entertainers. My role models in life are men with skills for making money and making home.
Thanks...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mum VS My Girlfriend. by realtalk19: 11:32am On Mar 18, 2016
i wil humbly collect the cloth and wash but mr boyfriend wil also wash my father's cars the day i introduce him to my parents *tongue in cheek* lol

on a serious note dat dosnt justify the mother - in -law liking u. i wil sincerely be myself witout any sentiments by respectfully telling her i av an apppintment to catch up wit nd wil do it next time i visit.

i hate pretence nd hypocrisy.my not washing her clothes dosnt make me bad or lazy. if i supress d real me nd wash those clothes, i wil pretend til i settle down wit their son then show my true personalty by staying away frm them.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Mum VS My Girlfriend. by KissCODE(m): 11:34am On Mar 18, 2016
SANDOSKI:

U r wrong...... Sometimes in life you need to monitor the type of people you meet. People are different, everyone can't have similar characters. It will be my decision whether to come back to the house next time or not.

If the OP helps his girlfriend to do the washing, dat will be nice of him.
you are a wise lady.
You will marry a wealthy, humble and kind man.
A man who will give you all the comfort you need.
God will bless your marriage with blessings beyond your fantasy. In Jesus name...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mum VS My Girlfriend. by opeaceo: 12:26pm On Mar 18, 2016
KissCODE:

Do I need to wash clothes to get approval from your parents??

If I hear say I wash, house chores sef, I won't do.

If any lady still do such at this time, hmmm....

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Continuation Of Christmas Recharge Cards Give Away / How My Brother Wife Destroyed Her Home After Husband Travelled Abroad. / Why Does Women Do Put To Birth At Night.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.