Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,512 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

Facebook App No Longer Supported On BB10 OS - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Facebook App No Longer Supported On BB10 OS (1928 Views)

Finally, Solution For Whatsapp For "BB10 OS" After December 2016 (Read On) / It's Official, Blackberry Stopped Production Of BB10 Devices: Wave Goodbye!! / Why You Should Stop Using The Facebook App And Use The Mobile Site (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Facebook App No Longer Supported On BB10 OS by J4parry(m): 9:26am On Mar 18, 2016
With the recent Facebook update available on BB10 OS, Facebook synchronisation with blackberry hub has been discontinued. What this means is that there will no longer be instant notifications from Facebook on your BB10 device. You can now only access your Facebook page via the browser or you manually add Facebook application to your phone from settings (accounts) to make it work.
First it was deadline for WhatsApp, now is Facebook though I know very well they are both owned by the same person. Why are they trying so hard to neglect blackberry in the scheme of things...only time will tell.

NOTE
If you want to continue enjoying Facebook on BlackBerry 10 OS, do not update your application until the last week of March since old versions of the application will stop working on 31st of March. This may affect blackberry 7 OS as well though I haven't confirmed it.

1 Like

Re: Facebook App No Longer Supported On BB10 OS by LEOSIRSIR(m): 9:28am On Mar 18, 2016
Ok
Thank God I'm using Nokia 3310
Re: Facebook App No Longer Supported On BB10 OS by sorextee(m): 9:31am On Mar 18, 2016
Blackberry sliding out the phone market. They will soon be like Nokia. Thank God I installed Google play store for my z30. Na to download Facebook from there.
Re: Facebook App No Longer Supported On BB10 OS by Nobody: 9:34am On Mar 18, 2016
Whatsapp and Facebook have collabo to kill blackberry. Lol
Re: Facebook App No Longer Supported On BB10 OS by augster(m): 9:41am On Mar 18, 2016
Blackberry OS is dead.. When I just dey enjoy my bold 6.. Chai
embarassed

1 Like

Re: Facebook App No Longer Supported On BB10 OS by jworos(m): 9:43am On Mar 18, 2016
BB is going back to the stone age...
Re: Facebook App No Longer Supported On BB10 OS by gidimasters(m): 9:51am On Mar 18, 2016
Lalasticlala Will Soon Be Here
Re: Facebook App No Longer Supported On BB10 OS by civilserva: 9:55am On Mar 18, 2016
OP, be very sure of you post. Are you talking of blackberry OS or BB10 OS? To start with, Facebook never made an App for BB10, the App was made by Blackberry themselves. So Facebook doesn't directly update the App for BB10 OS which they never made.

For users of BB10 devices, installing Amazon App store or Google play store is the best way to go.

Please read more from CrackBerry.com

2 Likes

Re: Facebook App No Longer Supported On BB10 OS by darkenkach(m): 9:56am On Mar 18, 2016
Haba! This guys are evil. First was Nokia now its blackberry.
Re: Facebook App No Longer Supported On BB10 OS by J4parry(m): 2:34pm On Mar 18, 2016
civilserva:
OP, be very sure of you post. Are you talking of blackberry OS or BB10 OS? To start with, Facebook never made an App for BB10, the App was made by Blackberry themselves. So Facebook doesn't directly update the App for BB10 OS which they never made.

For users of BB10 devices, installing Amazon App store or Google play store is the best way to go.

Please read more from CrackBerry.com

If you read the post very well you'd have seen where I mentioned blackberry hub sync on BB10.

As can be seen from the attached picture, Once the blackberry hub synchronisation is removed considering that it's a social media app, it becomes useless because it can not utilise the OS effectively.

I know Facebook don't build app for BlackBerry, that's not what the post is about, it is about support for the app on BB10. Haven't confirmed it on BlackBerry 7 platform as clearly stated earlier in the post.

Re: Facebook App No Longer Supported On BB10 OS by fowlyansh181(m): 4:29pm On Mar 18, 2016
very big wahala for bb
Re: Facebook App No Longer Supported On BB10 OS by ddjay: 8:32pm On Mar 18, 2016
Haa!! You mean people are still using blackberry
Re: Facebook App No Longer Supported On BB10 OS by Youngpo413: 5:38am On Mar 19, 2016
Who cares, who uses their rubbish device anyway?
Re: Facebook App No Longer Supported On BB10 OS by nurez305(m): 9:17am On Mar 19, 2016
I made a mistake of updating the app before reading people's review on the app.....very sad that I can't use facebook app on my phone now
Re: Facebook App No Longer Supported On BB10 OS by Nobody: 12:38pm On Mar 19, 2016
lofty900:
Whatsapp and Facebook have collabo to kill blackberry. Lol

I concure
Re: Facebook App No Longer Supported On BB10 OS by Nobody: 12:40pm On Mar 19, 2016
nurez305:
I made a mistake of updating the app before reading people's review on the app.....very sad that I can't use facebook app on my phone now

sorry oh, join the android family
Re: Facebook App No Longer Supported On BB10 OS by chineduace(m): 5:47pm On Mar 19, 2016
download Face 10 or Face 5 on app world
Re: Facebook App No Longer Supported On BB10 OS by Youpele52: 7:05pm On Mar 19, 2016
Awry
Re: Facebook App No Longer Supported On BB10 OS by J4parry(m): 12:51pm On Mar 20, 2016
chineduace:

Face 10 is a nice app and a better replacement for official app but you only have full access for 3days after which you'll be required to the app and as you know, buying application isn't what we a used to in this part of the world.
Re: Facebook App No Longer Supported On BB10 OS by J4parry(m): 12:52pm On Mar 20, 2016
chineduace:

[b]Face 10[/b]is a nice app and a better replacement for official app but you only have full access for 3days after which you'll be required to buy the app and as you know, buying application isn't what we a used to in this part of the world.
Re: Facebook App No Longer Supported On BB10 OS by J4parry(m): 12:53pm On Mar 20, 2016
chineduace:

[b] Face 10 [/b]is a nice app and a better replacement for official app but you only have full access for 3days after which you'll be required to buy the app and as you know, buying application isn't what we a used to in this part of the world.
Re: Facebook App No Longer Supported On BB10 OS by J4parry(m): 12:53pm On Mar 20, 2016
chineduace:

[b]Face 10[/b]is a nice app and a better replacement for official app but you only have full access for 3days after which you'll be required to buy the app and as you know, buying application isn't what we a used to in this part of the world.
Re: Facebook App No Longer Supported On BB10 OS by J4parry(m): 12:55pm On Mar 20, 2016
chineduace:

Face 10 is a nice app and a better replacement for official app but you only have full access for 3days after which you'll be required to buy the app and as you know, buying application isn't what we a used to in this part of the world.
Re: Facebook App No Longer Supported On BB10 OS by mrcassanova(m): 1:43pm On Apr 17, 2016
Face 10 For Blackberry gets the job done, if not better. The only issue is there is standard version and pro version. 

http://thegadgetsfreak.com/face-10-is-the-nearest-facebook-app-on-blackberry-10-alternative/
Re: Facebook App No Longer Supported On BB10 OS by yanabasee(m): 9:18pm On Jul 06, 2016
sorextee:
Blackberry sliding out the phone market. They will soon be like Nokia. Thank God I installed Google play store for my z30. Na to download Facebook from there.

Bro....how did u install googleplay on ur bbz30? Am using z10 n I couldn't download the three necessary apps needed to do the work... Thanks in anticipation...
Re: Facebook App No Longer Supported On BB10 OS by sorextee(m): 9:26pm On Jul 06, 2016
I'm no longer using d z30. I really miss d fone sha. Well, I still have the files for my drop box. U fit email ur add, make I send am.

yanabasee:

Bro....how did u install googleplay on ur bbz30? Am using z10 n I couldn't download the three necessary apps needed to do the work... Thanks in anticipation...
Re: Facebook App No Longer Supported On BB10 OS by yanabasee(m): 11:09pm On Jul 06, 2016

(1) (Reply)

Different Between Kismo 1601 And Gionee P5 Mobile Phone / See The Birthday Gift Etisalat Gave Me-Man Calls Out The Network (Photos) / 5 Annoying Things You Should Not Be Doing On Whatsapp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.