Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,744 members, 7,820,562 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:13 PM

Saraki's Statement Is Foolish - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki's Statement Is Foolish (4052 Views)

Biafra: Fulani Herdsmen Call For Probe Of Saraki’s Statement On IPOB / DSTV Issue Proves That Splitting Nigeria Is Foolish (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saraki's Statement Is Foolish by Achuwa1(m): 4:08pm On Mar 19, 2016
The boy tht opened this thread is a mad dog in the bush tht just mistakenly find himself in the city & got access to data,,,
pls everyone should ignore him b4 he transfers his madness to others,,
this my last contribution on this thread.
Re: Saraki's Statement Is Foolish by naijagobetter(m): 5:40pm On Mar 19, 2016
freeze001:
You need to understand court proceedings. Saraki doesn't have to enter a defence when he believes the court doesn't have the power to hear the matter in the first instance. The issue of jurisdiction is fundamental and must be pursued fully. Also established precedents that favour his case will be explored.
true, but the truth is he is guilty, say the truth and shae the devil, thats corruption fighting back, i hope cct and efcc secure a conviction and set him as an example, if only our lawyers have the interest of the country at heart not being greedy
Re: Saraki's Statement Is Foolish by Nobody: 6:12pm On Mar 19, 2016
naijagobetter:
true, but the truth is he is guilty, say the truth and shae the devil, thats corruption fighting back, i hope cct and efcc secure a conviction and set him as an example, if only our lawyers have the interest of the country at heart not being greedy

U are one of the sensible persons in nairaland. Some are appealing to pity. They think saraki will read this thread and give them a bit of his spoils of corrupt govt

1 Like

Re: Saraki's Statement Is Foolish by Nobody: 6:15pm On Mar 19, 2016
Achuwa1:
The boy tht opened this thread is a mad dog in the bush tht just mistakenly find himself in the city & got access to data,,,
pls everyone should ignore him b4 he transfers his madness to others,,
this my last contribution on this thread.

People like u justifies wot Nnadi Kanu says about d zoo.
U are really a baboo. Ill inform, sarcastic,sentimental and sycophantic idiot. U see white u call it black. No need to join words with u cos u are a total nobody. U don't matter.
Go play with sand.
Re: Saraki's Statement Is Foolish by kulikuli26: 7:13pm On Mar 19, 2016
daylife7:

you know the law more than the court that stroke out Saraki's appeal and asked him to face the CCT
Stroke? OMG! The ignorance is deeper than I thought. No point responding to this dude guys.
Re: Saraki's Statement Is Foolish by freeze001(f): 7:49pm On Mar 19, 2016
naijagobetter:

You cannot sit in ur room and proclaim him guilty. The law says he is innocent until proven guilty. The government accusing him must prove its case within d legal confines of the rules of court.

It is settled law that unchallenged judgements can be relied upon as precedent for cases with similar material facts. That is what he has done and it is within his right to do so.

Your personal beliefs cannot confer guilt on him. I know our politicians are terrible thieves and that is why Nigeria is the way it is but the same accusers ie the government have a hand in making our laws and systems porous enough to favour them. Still, the law will not be disregarded just because of ill feelings. It is what we have. The same CCT that set Tinubu free should have been diligent enough to follow policy now set down by its judgment.

Government lawyers n agents almost always bungle their cases and end up not securing any convictions. Do u expect the defendant to roll over and give up when he has legal avenues to explore? If it were u nko?

Don't also forget the political undertones at play here because he became Senate President contrary to party wishes. Otherwise what stopped the CCT from prosecuting him when d offence was allegedly committed 13yrs ago?
Re: Saraki's Statement Is Foolish by Nobody: 8:33pm On Mar 19, 2016
freeze001:

You cannot sit in ur room and proclaim him guilty. The law says he is innocent until proven guilty. The government accusing him must prove its case within d legal confines of the rules of court.

It is settled law that unchallenged judgements can be relied upon as precedent for cases with similar material facts. That is what he has done and it is within his right to do so.

Your personal beliefs cannot confer guilt on him. I know our politicians are terrible thieves and that is why Nigeria is the way it is but the same accusers ie the government have a hand in making our laws and systems porous enough to favour them. Still, the law will not be disregarded just because of ill feelings. It is what we have. The same CCT that set Tinubu free should have been diligent enough to follow policy now set down by its judgment.

Government lawyers n agents almost always bungle their cases and end up not securing any convictions. Do u expect the defendant to roll over and give up when he has legal avenues to explore? If it were u nko?

Don't also forget the political undertones at play here because he became Senate President contrary to party wishes. Otherwise what stopped the CCT from prosecuting him when d offence was allegedly committed 13yrs ago?

Ok Mr Lawyer,
On behalf of CCT, we apologised to Nigerians, we made mistake with Tinubu's case, we cannot prosecut him now cos he is not holding any political office but will not make mistake with Saraki's own, we will make Nigeria proud by convicting this liar in office.
is it ok now?
Re: Saraki's Statement Is Foolish by freeze001(f): 8:40pm On Mar 19, 2016
daylife7:

Ok Mr Lawyer,
On behalf of CCT, we apologised to Nigerians, we made mistake with Tinubu's case, we cannot prosecut him now cos he is not holding any political office but will not make mistake with Saraki's own, we will make Nigeria proud by convicting this liar in office.
is it ok now?

I've told u before, u need to understand how these things work cos otherwise u appear ignorant.

Tinubu doesn't hold any office now? But he is enjoying the benefits of one who did from pension to security and allowances and all the trappings. That he holds no public office now is immaterial. Besides Tinubu was brought before the CCT when he was out of office and he was no longer governor.
A precedent has been set by the court so anyone can rely on it in similar cases.
Re: Saraki's Statement Is Foolish by naijagobetter(m): 8:53pm On Mar 19, 2016
freeze001:

he dine with the devil with a short spoon, and what goes around comes around. He should live with it. All i want is for this country to be great once again,
Re: Saraki's Statement Is Foolish by amaechi1: 9:06pm On Mar 19, 2016
EastGold:
Get some sense my brother.

You are really bereft of ideas.

You don't understand legal precedents and you come here to write rubbish with that your coconut head.

Nonsense

Yes, he lack ideas as you claimed, but my grandmother with common sense knows that the best thing for Saraki is to clear his name and proof his innocence.
Re: Saraki's Statement Is Foolish by amaechi1: 9:13pm On Mar 19, 2016
Most of us have forgot that Tinubu went through the trial process. He is not jump from one court to the other seek for injunctionand jurisdiction, when the supreme court has giving the CCT way to try.
Re: Saraki's Statement Is Foolish by Nobody: 9:45pm On Mar 19, 2016
amaechi1:
Most of us have forgot that Tinubu went through the trial process. He is not jump from one court to the other seek for injunctionand jurisdiction, when the supreme court has giving the CCT way to try.

Tell them
Re: Saraki's Statement Is Foolish by Nobody: 9:54pm On Mar 19, 2016
amaechi1:

Yes, he lack ideas as you claimed, but my grandmother with common sense knows that the best thing for Saraki is to clear his name and proof his innocence.

Thumb's up......
we don't need legal jargons to tell us dat
Re: Saraki's Statement Is Foolish by Nobody: 10:53pm On Mar 19, 2016
freeze001:

What is the reason for ur attempt to attack my character? What do u mean by feeding from Saraki and who are u calling an unqualified lawyer? Learn to be civil please!

Now, Saraki has not run away from the court but justice must be done and seen to be done. He is exploring every option available to him within the judicial system and that is perfectly legal. It is also not his place to prove his innocence. That is the duty of the prosecution as he who alleges must prove. All he needs basically is discredit the case of the prosecution even up to jurisdiction and previous judgments. That is the requirement of the law.

You should rather be questioning the lack of diligence on the part of the CCT for failing to inform n prosecute Saraki for offences alleged to be committed 13yrs ago. What is so special now? They released Tinubu because he wasn't invited and given a chance to respond to allegations before filing charges against him so why didn't they follow a procedure established by inviting him first and according him the opportunity to respond accordingly? Now in the interest of rescuing himself he's entitled to request the same treatment as given Tinubu from the court based on similar material facts.

Legal practice is dispassionate, sentiments do not work!
thanks for your time my brother. but don't you think our legal system in Nigeria is ludicrous? how could tinubu be discharged of an offense just because he was not invited to clarify himself? why can't he do the clarification in the courtroom?
Re: Saraki's Statement Is Foolish by ibedun: 10:59pm On Mar 19, 2016
Saraki will not escape. We no longer have any sense of value in this awful country. The national interest and morality must prevail. Saraki (an immoral criminal) should be relieved of that office by fire by force. It is really a tragedy to be born a Nigerian in this day and age.

1 Like

Re: Saraki's Statement Is Foolish by freeze001(f): 11:10pm On Mar 19, 2016
xtractor:

thanks for your time my brother. but don't you think our legal system in Nigeria is ludicrous? how could tinubu be discharged of an offense just because he was not invited to clarify himself? why can't he do the clarification in the courtroom?

I'm a sister please. The idea of first informing a person before charges are instituted is akin to being investigated by the police. You must be involved n get invited or arrested and brought to d station where you make ur statement as regards ur level of involvement in d matter being investigated. You don't get thrown into court just like that.

Prior information allows ur own side of the story to be heard and then with evidence at the disposal of d investigating body, u may then be charged to court when they are satisfied that a prima facie case is established. That way no one gets ambushed.

The CCT has set that precedent so unless it wants to overrule itself, it may proceed regardless or discharge d defendant.
Re: Saraki's Statement Is Foolish by Nobody: 11:14pm On Mar 19, 2016
freeze001:

I'm a sister please. The idea of first informing a person before charges are instituted is akin to being investigated by the police. You must be involved n get invited or arrested and brought to d station where you make ur statement as regards ur level of involvement in d matter being investigated. You don't get thrown into court just like that.

Prior information allows ur own side of the story to be heard and then with evidence at the disposal of d investigating body, u may then be charged to court when they are satisfied that a prima facie case is established. That way no one gets ambushed.

The CCT has set that precedent so unless it wants to overrule itself, it may proceed regardless or discharge d defendant.
oh I'm really sorry about that.
thanks for your explanation. it's helpful.
Re: Saraki's Statement Is Foolish by Nobody: 11:29pm On Mar 19, 2016
freeze001:

So u are a female law student oh sorry lawyer....little wonder... i will learn legal processes from u, not legal jargons though...
nice one, just admire ur decorum
has saraki contacted u yet?
Re: Saraki's Statement Is Foolish by freeze001(f): 11:39pm On Mar 19, 2016
daylife7:

So u are a female law student oh sorry lawyer....little wonder... i will learn legal processes from u, not legal jargons though...
nice one, just admire ur decorum
has saraki contacted u yet?

Stop your stupidity please. I have told u what I need to. Not everyone is a turncoat or arse licker. Some of us like to call it as we see it.

I have been civil and decent like I usually am, just shove ur ignorance up where the sun don't shine. U think it's all about politics and getting contacted? How myopic! Keep hoping, one day you'll get there.
Re: Saraki's Statement Is Foolish by Nobody: 11:51pm On Mar 19, 2016
freeze001:

Stop your stupidity please. I have told u what I need to. Not everyone is a turncoat or arse licker. Some of us like to call it as we see it.

I have been civil and decent like I usually am, just shove ur ignorance up where the sun don't shine. U think it's all about politics and getting contacted? How myopic! Keep hoping, one day you'll get there.
Everyone except me has a price, I just broke u, look at how u revealed ur true self....u are like d other insultive sycophantic rats called lawyer, only u are unsuccessful one.
nairaland charge and bail law school drop out
Re: Saraki's Statement Is Foolish by freeze001(f): 11:54pm On Mar 19, 2016
daylife7:

Everyone except me has a price, I just broke u, look at how u revealed ur true self....u are like d other insultive sycophantic rats call lawyer

cheesy cheesy Awww...such a baby. Go grab that pacifier...you've got a lot of growing up to do still.
Re: Saraki's Statement Is Foolish by Nobody: 11:55pm On Mar 19, 2016
freeze001:

cheesy cheesy Awww...such a baby. Go grab that pacifier...you've got a lot of growing up to do still.
too feeble, guess u you are close to ur grave. I will put flowers on it wen u finally give up...
Re: Saraki's Statement Is Foolish by freeze001(f): 12:04am On Mar 20, 2016
daylife7:

too feeble, guess u you are close to ur grave. I will put flowers on it wen u finally give up...

If you had owned up to ur ignorance and settled to learn a few things you'd have been better off. Unfortunately it's too late...I spit n dance on ur grave already

This is the last I'll say to u...You opened a thread to spew gibberish and expose ignorance and u got served real good. Read through again and see ur stupidity in broad daylight for all to see. Pond scum...I'm done with u.
Re: Saraki's Statement Is Foolish by Anthony20: 12:06am On Mar 20, 2016
THANKS SO much DAYLIGHT FOR YOUR WONDERFUL, ERUDITE AND SCHOLARLY PERSPECTIVE. THAT IS THE LEGAL Perspective. court IS equity. RUNNING UP AND DOWN FROM ONE COURT TO ANOTHER, HIRING 80 LAWYERS ARE ALL GIMMICKS. ISSUES OF JURISDICTION HAS BEEN ADDRESSED AND KANU AGABI IS STILL RAISING IT AT THE TRIBUNAL. SARAKI'S ACTION TELLS ME THAT HIS HANDS ARE SOURED WITH CORRUPTION. HE LIVES AND WAKE UP WITH IT. NO WONDER HE WAS SO DESPERATE TO BECOME THE PRESIDENT OF THE SENATE. IF HE IS HONORABLE HE SHOULD HAVE STEP DOWN FROM THAT POST TO ALLOW FREE TRIAL. VERY SOON BREEZE GO BLOW AND FOWL YASH GO OPEN. PLEASE BUHARI EXTEND OUR PRISONS NEW IN-MATES ARE ON THEIR WAY.

Re: Saraki's Statement Is Foolish by Nobody: 12:08am On Mar 20, 2016
freeze001:

If you had owned up to ur ignorance and settled to learn a few things you'd have been better off. Unfortunately it's too late...I spit n dance on ur grave already

This is the last I'll say to u...You opened a thread to spew gibberish and expose ignorance and u got served real good. Read through again and see ur stupidity in broad daylight for all to see. Pond scum...I'm done with u.
jobless lonely rat...ur comments on my thread is more than 50%...uu won't comment that much if u were not that stupid...
Re: Saraki's Statement Is Foolish by Anthony20: 12:41am On Mar 20, 2016
iT SEEMS TO ME THAT SOMETHING IS WRONG HERE.
THE POSITION OF THE LAW IS THAT THE PROSECUTION SHOULD PROVE THAT THE ACCUSED IS GUILTY AS CHARGED. WHILE THE ACCUSED SHOULD PROVE HIS INNOCENCE. IF YOU ARE A LAWYER YOU SHOULD NOT BE TALKING ABOUT POLITICAL UNDERTONE?
WHAT DOES POLITICAL UNDERTONE GOT TO DO WITH LAW? WHAT MEAN?
WHAT DOES HIRING 80 LAWYERS SYMBOLIZE?
WHAT DOES INCESSANT CHANGING OF COUNSELS INDICATE?
WHAT DOES GOING BACK AND FORTH TO ASK A COURTS TO STOP A TRIAL MEAN?
WHAT DOES REFUSING TO APPEAR BEFORE A JUDGE OR JURY
WHEN VERY SENIOR LAWYERS COME TO COURT TO ASK FOR FRIVOLOUS ADJOURNMENT WHAT DOES THAT TELL YOU?
WHAT DOES IT MEAN WHEN a SAN and a former AGF come to court to make arguments which a lawyer that is less than a year in the BAR SHOULDN'T not make? Like saying AGF does not have powers OF PROSECUTION in the CCB?
What does it mean when on consistent BIASES SANs over 6 of them come to court continuously to stall proceeding?
Look gentlemen, time shall tell, given my experience in the BAR, I know how a lawyer behaves in court when he has a GOOD case-He is eager to lead his witnesses in evidence. But when a lawyer has a bad case he begins to look for technicalities.
Saraki and his lawyers are looking for technicalities.
For me the trial must commence. On 24th of March 2016. the tribunal will rule in favour of the prosecution and the trial will go on. We are watching. Let Nobody mislead anyone in this platform.
Re: Saraki's Statement Is Foolish by Anthony20: 1:00am On Mar 20, 2016
REALLY? Does the LAW stipulate a time frame for gathering evidence before commencing prosecution?
The position of the law is that you present your PULL of evidence in Wholly. Do yiu really think the delay in commencement i,e 13 years or 29 years or more is a serious argument and a strong POINT of LAW?
I do NOT think so.
Wait for the Tribunal's ruling on the 24/3/2016

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING NEWS: Buhari Appoints Three Experts To Resolve Economic Crisis (photo) / Reuters Uncovers Buhari's Lie About GE Investment In Nigeria / Breaking! Buhari Wins In Kwara, Saraki Loses - Vanguard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.