Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:55 AM

Car Buying Tips, Advise, Guidelines. - Autos (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Car Buying Tips, Advise, Guidelines. (71463 Views)

Detailed Guidelines For Buying A Car From Auctionexport.com / case closed / Car Buying From Cotonou @a Negotiable Price Now:08098443710,o.nana2011@gmail.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Buying Tips, Advise, Guidelines. by sholasho(m): 5:41am On Sep 14, 2010
Lovely thread. Bravo. This will help alot.
Re: Car Buying Tips, Advise, Guidelines. by Tokotaya: 10:58am On Sep 16, 2010
I was checking out a ride recently. The seller started the car and a jet of water flew out of the exhaust as he revved it. It's a fresh Tokunbo with mileage of about 37000 for a 2003 car. Is this a good sign?
Re: Car Buying Tips, Advise, Guidelines. by Igwe9(m): 11:00am On Sep 21, 2010
Tokotaya:

I was checking out a ride recently. The seller started the car and a jet of water flew out of the exhaust as he revved it. It's a fresh Tokunbo with mileage of about 37000 for a 2003 car. Is this a good sign?
I guess the Car had soaked all the water in the world, else it's called steaming, and it's normal for a good engine.

Though, I expected people to come up with better replies/ suggestions.
Re: Car Buying Tips, Advise, Guidelines. by Tokotaya: 8:48pm On Sep 22, 2010
Thanks, Igwe
Re: Car Buying Tips, Advise, Guidelines. by Gentlebabs(m): 1:26am On Sep 23, 2010
Do you know that insuring your car cost just 5% of the total cost with the largest Insurance company in Africa. That's my business. Don't take that car too far until you have insured it. We also offer free tracking for cars costing N2.5Million and above.

Prompt and effeicient services/claims settlement is our bedrock. Call me (Babs. - 08035063895) for more details.

WHAT YOU VALUE, WE PROTECT!!!
Re: Car Buying Tips, Advise, Guidelines. by Tokotaya: 7:27am On Sep 23, 2010
Is it true that Customs men can impound a car with valid import clearance for underpayment of custom duties? Can N160k be the proper duty to pay for a 2003 Toyota Highlander. A friend just noticed that's how much his dealer paid for a Tin Can-cleared car he wants to sell to him. I saw that another dealer paid N120k for a Toyota Camry 2007. Can these cars be impounded if they travel out of Lagos? Your advice, anyone.
Re: Car Buying Tips, Advise, Guidelines. by Thomas333(m): 4:49pm On Sep 24, 2010
if u want to buy a used car wisely.
   there are things that u should put into consideration

1. Brand of car
2. Mileage of car
3. how clean is the body
4.the condition of the ac
5.have a good mechanic check the condition of the vehicle,
6.then do a survey of the market price of that vehicle .
7.then price below that market value.
  you are a great and wise buyer if u do all this diligently.

Re: Car Buying Tips, Advise, Guidelines. by Thomas333(m): 4:58pm On Sep 24, 2010
then i recommend Honda civic, toyota camry , they only start giving issues after about 150,000mileage

check this article out frm yahoo autos. it will educate you

copy this link below to your browser and press enter

http://autos.yahoo.com/articles/autos_content_landing_pages/1520/10-cars-mechanics-hate/
Re: Car Buying Tips, Advise, Guidelines. by Igwe9(m): 9:29pm On Sep 28, 2010
Tokotaya:

Is it true that Customs men can impound a car with valid import clearance for underpayment of custom duties? Can N160k be the proper duty to pay for a 2003 Toyota Highlander. A friend just noticed that's how much his dealer paid for a Tin Can-cleared car he wants to sell to him. I saw that another dealer paid N120k for a Toyota Camry 2007. Can these cars be impounded if they travel out of Lagos? Your advice, anyone.

It's good to read jokes like this one once in a while. your concern should be the authenticity of the receipt not the amount written on it.
Re: Car Buying Tips, Advise, Guidelines. by Acelifted: 12:18am On Oct 01, 2010
Hi Igwe,

Do you know anything about Mercury Villager (Minivan)?

is it a good and reliable car in terms of maintenance?

are the serviceable parts readily available?

whats the fuel consumption like?

I am considering getting one.

Thanks for your information.
Re: Car Buying Tips, Advise, Guidelines. by nicenice: 1:20am On Oct 03, 2010
nice
Re: Car Buying Tips, Advise, Guidelines. by frankcj(m): 11:36am On Oct 03, 2010
Volvo s40 and volvo s60 how reliable both cars?
Are their parts available and cost effective?
Also maintenance cost effective?
Re: Car Buying Tips, Advise, Guidelines. by femy2010(m): 8:13pm On Oct 05, 2010
@Monitor,
I got this response when i tried to make a post

Sorry femmy2010, you've lost your forum posting privileges.

Reason: Posting a message that seems like spam.
If this is a mistake, we're so sorry about this

I would appreciate if you kindly help me forward for a pronto rectification.
Thanks greatly in anticipation.
Re: Car Buying Tips, Advise, Guidelines. by Franknerd(m): 7:55am On Oct 07, 2010
Pls wat form of commitment does one need from a NL cotonou dealer b4 he will entrust him wi his cash? I'm not sayin they r not genuine.
Re: Car Buying Tips, Advise, Guidelines. by mastro: 8:58am On Oct 08, 2010
personally, I would ask for his lawyer to meet my lawyer, let them draw up an agreement, then they hold the cash till the car is delivered.

the problem is of course that most dealers don't have the capital to to buy the cars. In which case you are simply forced to trust them, so unless the dealer is recommended personally by someone you trust I wouldn't hand over cash in advance, what I would do is go down with the dealer, then hand over cash to the seller, bear in mind that even then you don't know if the deal is genuine and you wont get pushed out of the moving car grin but then thats life, you pay your money and take your chances.
Re: Car Buying Tips, Advise, Guidelines. by Franknerd(m): 10:36am On Oct 08, 2010
Thanks 4 d reply. But even if u go wi d dealer to buy d ride, u will still hand him over d key 4 them to drive it down 2 Naija,
Re: Car Buying Tips, Advise, Guidelines. by femy2010(m): 10:55am On Oct 08, 2010
@Franknerd,
Like Mastro said.you would still have to take your chances with the dealer you head to Cotonou with.
If the skepticism is too enormous then enter any car lot in Lagos and buy your preferred vehicle and drive home pronto.
But if you ever desire to buy from Cotonou and patient enough to take delivery 3 days after payment then call 08036363467 or email duduconsultt@yahoo.com and we assure we deliver what we promised.
Happy weekend.
Re: Car Buying Tips, Advise, Guidelines. by Acelifted: 11:45pm On Oct 08, 2010
HI NAIRALANDERS,

I NEED A MERCEDES BENZ 190 AUTOMATIC FOR PERSONAL USE. THE CAR AM USING DEVELOPED A PROBLEM. I JUST HAVE N220,000 TO SPARE FOR THE CAR.

CONTACT ME ON 07042339112 AND/OR christopee2k@yahoo.co.uk.

THANKS
Re: Car Buying Tips, Advise, Guidelines. by Emmyz: 10:38am On Oct 11, 2010
Can anyone tell me about Camry Orobo (95-96) model. what are the likely problems and fault.
What is the difference btw V6 and V4 engines?
Re: Car Buying Tips, Advise, Guidelines. by Nobody: 12:40pm On Oct 11, 2010
Pls can anyone tell me how much a tokunboh mitsubishi outlander 2003 model sells for? are there any known issues with this SUV? pls i need urgent information.
Re: Car Buying Tips, Advise, Guidelines. by Dollarflow: 11:06pm On Oct 14, 2010
Friends. I hope to bring into Lagos a fairly used Honda Accord, but I'd like to know
what to expect concerning the following matter:
(1) The car is from Texas & so the windows & windshield are dark/tinted. Will police bother
me because of the dark glasses? Also, what could be done in Nigeria to remove the tint
so that the glasses are clear?
(2) What are the dangers of driving the car around for 2 weeks while not yet registered?
(3) The car has never crashed before, but the air bag light comes on sometime. Are there
places to fix airbags lights in Nigeria & how much to fix 03 Accord airbag light. Will people refuse to
to buy the car if I do not fix the light? The light problem is only a glitch since the car was never
involved in a crash. VERY neat car.

Thanks friends smiley wink cheesy
Re: Car Buying Tips, Advise, Guidelines. by Nobody: 5:30am On Oct 15, 2010
Buy a car online (www.walexconcepts.com) and have it delivered to your home with our optional delivery service through the US and to Nigeria.
Re: Car Buying Tips, Advise, Guidelines. by paduzy(m): 2:14am On Oct 18, 2010
This is indeed a very useful thread!!

I am a newbie on Nland Autos but an old Head in Autoexport from Europe. After reading most of the complaints and suggestions, I felt obliged to chip in one or two lines.

Cars are generally cheaper in the US and Canada compared to Europe so dont be surprised at the price variance when buying from a dealer in Europe compared to one from the Americas.

Common sense tells you that any car above five years old cannot have a mileage less than 10,000km unless on very rear ocassions but these instances are very few.

Cottonou cars cannot be trusted as a whole lot of them are problematic cars with problems that look so minute that it makes them nmanageable for a period of time till it settle in the new owners hand,, then wahala starts.

Greed! Take a survey of the price of a car you want to buy on the internet and if the average cost price is 7000 UD and someone offers you that same car delivered with all expenses for 7,000 USD, better run for cover there mst be some hidden illness.

Your pocket should determine what car you buy, a car in the first place is a necessary convinience not a luxury so e more concerned about functionality and durability than beauty.

We buy private cars for individuals and coroporate bodies and if you are interested in buying a car from Europe, email us at info@kukkonsult.com and we will get back to you to discus the terms.

Because of the many problems listed above, we have designed a new module of pre order. We send you links to all the car shops, you search fr the car, call the seller and negotiate the price. We come in after you have ascertained that u want the car. We then reinspect and test drive on ur behalf. If convinced of the performance, we prepare for shipping and send to you. All you pay is ost of running around and a service surcharge of 25% of total cost of car transaction.

Hope this info is usefull for someone.

Feel free to contact me
Re: Car Buying Tips, Advise, Guidelines. by 2busy: 11:56am On Oct 21, 2010
http://consciencedaily.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=297&Itemid=1

Odometer fraud huge problem from Canada to Nigeria export
Written by Barrie Dashman
Oct 19, 2010 at 05:37 PM

Hello, can you please tell me of any news channels, news papers and internet classifieds where i can reach the mass public of nigeria about almost every car from toronto being exported to nigeria has the kilometers rolled back?

I want the public to know that these people from Toronto are buying high mileage unsafe cars most with over 200,000 km and many over 300,000km and rolling back the mileage to less than 100,000km, they even remove the check engine and brake lights on dash so your people have no idea what they are driving. I see it happen every day as I work next door to a shipper, I watch them roll back the kilometers to at least 20 cars a day and that only this one shipper in Mississauga on Tompkin and Kamato. Innocent people from Nigeria are being ripped of by their own people from Toronto and they are being endangered because they have no idea what shape their car is really in. I want to inform the Nigerian public that they can check on websites the real mileage of their cars such as carfax and car proof which gives the cars actual kilometers and if its been in a accident. Ive posted this information on a bunch of online websites but need your help to reach the whole market about what is happening. If you can give me information on news channels and papers and online classifieds that many in Nigeria read it would be highly appreciated in my attempt to shut down these criminals defrauding their own people.

Do you know how many Toyota Camry Carolla Sienn, Honda Accord Crv Oddyssy from years 1998-2005 go from Toronto Mississauga to Nigeria with less than 100,000 km? Hundreds every week. The shippers and exporters both roll back the mileage to maximize their profits. Looks on autotrader.com , you wont find one 98-2003 Carolla Camry Accord Oddyssy or Sienna with under 100,000km yet hundreds a week leave Toronto to Nigeria. If you need proof let those buying these cars in nigeria know about carfax and carproof and use it before buying a car. All they have to do is go on line type in the vin number and the cars history will show up.

Thank you
Last Updated ( Oct 19, 2010 at 05:54 PM )
Re: Car Buying Tips, Advise, Guidelines. by kayoday(m): 5:47pm On Nov 04, 2010
Whatever you are buying from America or Canada just make sure you carry a VIN check on it. Almost fell victim for a 98 camry with odometer reading of less than 100,000. Vin check on the car done for me by Kunke_A showed actual mileage was over 300,000.The importer was actually duped by a very good friend based in canada.
Re: Car Buying Tips, Advise, Guidelines. by touchchuks: 1:16pm On Nov 05, 2010
After you get your car what next.
Why spend extra money on your car or autos?,when you can get it insuraned and spend less, with an insurance policy you can by cut the cost of your auto maintenance by 30 to 50 percentage on every maintenance you carry out.
Visit the blogs below to get your car insured today, don't miss out,  Go now.
http://loansinsurancemortgagepolicies..com/
http://geteautoinsurancequotes..com/
Re: Car Buying Tips, Advise, Guidelines. by UncleSolo(m): 1:27am On Nov 06, 2010
Hi, i need a reg Nissan altima 99-2000 model, BMW 3, 5 series or any good reg car in d range of 300-350k.
email-babsotech@gmail.com, kindly send the pictures both interior, exterior, front and back, including the price, mileage e.t.c
Tanx
Re: Car Buying Tips, Advise, Guidelines. by femmy2010(m): 9:18am On Nov 15, 2010
If you are buying from Cotonou make sure you and your dealer agree on a total that would deliver your buy option to your abode.
A nairalander called me last week that he went to Cotonou to buy a 2001 Almeria but he was not told of other payment till he made the non-refundable car payment.
The clearing fee he was asked to pay was very much jerkf up.
Dont let yours be like that.
Call 08036363467 or email duduconsultt@yahoo.com
Re: Car Buying Tips, Advise, Guidelines. by ausch: 10:26pm On Nov 15, 2010
Dear all,

I would like info on 1994 volvo 850 in terms of maintenance costs , usual problems etc
thanks
Re: Car Buying Tips, Advise, Guidelines. by Nobody: 1:54pm On Nov 16, 2010
Buy a car online (www.walexconcepts.com) and have it delivered to your home with our optional delivery service through the US and to Nigeria.
Re: Car Buying Tips, Advise, Guidelines. by ramon6cash(m): 11:30am On Nov 17, 2010
Also The CarChat24 service will help automotive dealers create over 50% more car leads and sales from their websites with their proactive live dealer chat solution. smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Benz Keke That Will Replace Okada In Onitsha And Awka (Photos) / The Motorcycle I Saw Today! ENGINEERS HELP!! / Hot CAR Product You Can Start Selling Now And Make Millions Of Naira This 2016