Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,845 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:32 PM

2sd's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 2sd's Profile / 2sd's Posts

(1) (2) (of 2 pages)

Properties / Re: My Friend Found This On His Land, Do You Know The Worth? by 2sd(m): 2:12pm On Dec 04, 2023
That's a diamond rock stone. He should take it to a Geophysical laboratory for a test.

Meanwhile, do not claim it's found on your land (or else, your land is gone) and do not claim it to belong to you (so you don't get killed). Just go there like a Government representative.
Business / Re: Min.Share Capital Corporate Affairs Commission Requires For Company Registration by 2sd(m): 8:16am On Oct 05, 2020
Your website is not opening, how do trust you if the website you're referring somebody to is not opening?
Computers / Re: Hiti S420 Photo Printer For Sale by 2sd(m): 8:08am On Sep 11, 2020
wink grin wink smiley
Computers / Re: Hiti S420 Photo Printer For Sale by 2sd(m): 5:05pm On Aug 23, 2020
smiley grin
Computers / Re: Hiti S420 Photo Printer For Sale by 2sd(m): 8:01am On Aug 23, 2020
Where are my guys?
Computers / Re: Hiti S420 Photo Printer For Sale by 2sd(m): 11:37am On Aug 22, 2020
Around Rumuokwuta area in Port Harcourt
Computers / Re: Hiti S420 Photo Printer For Sale by 2sd(m): 7:17am On Aug 22, 2020
Can be shipped to any location
Computers / Re: Hiti S420 Photo Printer For Sale by 2sd(m): 7:16am On Aug 22, 2020
Just for 50k but negotiable.
Computers / Re: Hiti S420 Photo Printer For Sale by 2sd(m): 7:15am On Aug 22, 2020
It's still very neat
Computers / Hiti S420 Photo Printer For Sale by 2sd(m): 8:18am On Aug 21, 2020
Hiti S420 Photo Printer for sale.

Price: 50k

Condition: Good

Call me on 08159073027

Sports / Re: Luis Suarez And Sofia Balbi Renew Wedding Vows, Messi On Guest List by 2sd(m): 4:42pm On Dec 27, 2019
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
see messi pikin botton

2 Likes

Properties / Re: What Can I Build On This Land? by 2sd(m): 7:32am On Jan 26, 2017
From my eatimation, the land can only take 2units of 2bedroom flats with standard rooms sizes and probably 3 units of 1 bedroom apartments (standard room sizes) with some spaces for like 5 cars to pack. If u dont mind, i can do vit for u. Pm me for more. 08067833858

NB: Dont mind guys telling u d land can take any type of building u want with enough set backs. The land is not so big considering d fact that u need to have car spaces and spaces for overhead tank and other things. Just my take.
Romance / Re: Help! My House Help Is Seducing Me by 2sd(m): 11:50am On Nov 08, 2015
Brother pls don't do it. You will regret it your entire life because it will destroy everything you have built over the years. I could understand very well your predicament as the whole thing will blur your thinking thereby not thinking correctly. I assure you by the time this situation is cleared, (either after you must have done it or you are able to clear it successfully without doing it) when you are able to think clearly, you will realized the enormity of the decision you are about to take. Please avoid her. Don't cross the line of no return though you are inches to crossing it. Turn back and put your feet on the ground as a man to both your wife and the girl in question. Be a man, call your wife and confess everything you've done with the girl in the presence of the girl so to avoid the girl cooking a different story. Then give your wife the option of her sending her away or she driving you insane if the girl remains in the house.

9 Likes 1 Share

Politics / How Yoruba Chose Awo As Their Leader — Osoba by 2sd(m): 9:15pm On Aug 12, 2015
Former Governor of Ogun State, Chief Olusegun Osoba, in this interview deflates claims by Former President Olusegun Obasanjo in his recent book that the Yoruba never had a leader. He argues that the former president is distorting history. Osoba also spoke on other issues. By Monsuru Olowoopejo Do you agree with Obasanjo that the Yoruba never had a leader? I cannot share such opinion with him because 49 years ago, precisely on August 12, 1966, I was present at a forum where Late Chief Obafemi Awolowo was unanimously elected the Yoruba leader. And the election involved all stakeholders -political, cultural and intellectual in Yoruba land. I have records to prove that Chief Obafemi Awolowo was elected aside the newspaper publications after the election in Ibadan. I disagree with Obasanjo on whatever claims he has that Awolowo was handpicked by some of his supporters. At the event where Awolowo was elected as the Yoruba leader, there were people of diverse political interests. For instance, late Dr. Koye Majekodunmi, had same political ideology as Awolowo. Late Chief T.O.S Benson, a staunch supporter of Late Chief Nnamdi Azikiwe was there. I want everyone to know that Awolowo was released from prison two weeks before his election as leader of the Yoruba. He was unanimously elected by all stakeholders. The military governor of the Western Region, General Adeyinka Adebayo on Tuesday, August 10,1966 held meetings with intellectuals and activists. The next day, which was 11, he held meetings with traditional rulers before the meeting of all stakeholders on the August 12. And on this day, there was not a dissenting voice against the election of Awolowo. These are some of the facts. What do you think was the reason for Obasanjo’s assertion? I hate to play the role of a mind reader. But my worry is that if I fail to come out as someone, who was involved in the activities leading to the election of late Chief Awolowo, history would be distorted. And in future, historians and researchers will base their conclusions on Obasanjo’s record of events. He was also an active participant in events of that period. As the Garrison Commander in Ibadan, he was an active member of General Adeyinka Adebayo’s cabinet. I do not think that he would have forgotten so soon the sequence of events that threw up Awolowo as Yoruba leader. He has direct knowledge of what transpired before and during the election. In fact on that evening, some of us (journalists) interviewed Awolowo after his election. And the statement was that he would remain the leader of the Yoruba for the duration of the military administration. And we asked that why should he limit his election as the leader of the Yoruba to the military period. And I can remember vividly that his response to the question on that day was that the Yoruba race is so intelligent and sophisticated that under no circumstance in a political dispensation will the Yoruba follow same political ideology. And that he decided to limit the honour bestowed on him to only the period when the common interest of the Yoruba was threatened. He argued that the day the bell for the commencement of partisan politics is rung, capitalists like Chief Majekodunmi, Otegbeye and T.O.S Benson; a Zikist, will return to their political tents. They may not be in the same political party. Under such circumstances, he cannot claim to be the Yoruba leader. What could have led to the unanimous endorsement by these leaders? Awolowo had been in incarceration. And when he came out, Gowon knew that he needed Awolowo’s influence. Before his imprisonment, he had been winning elections in other regions aside the Western Region. This was because he had created a Pan-Nigerian image for himself despite some claims that he was tribalistic. Another reason was that at that time, Gowon had emerged as the Head of State and Awolowo didn’t support him. Ojukwu had emerged as leader for the Igbo. The Yoruba at that time needed someone who will be a rallying point. But there was no one who could contest it with Awolowo. Besides, the Agbekoyas were holding the military to ransom. It was only Awolowo who could go into the jungle to persuade them to lay-down their arms. These were some factors that led to the emergence of Awolowo as the Yoruba leader. Obasanjo said the late Chief Adisa Akinloye and few others objected to the emergence of Awolowo as Yoruba leader. How true is that? Late Chief Adisa Akinloye never kicked against the election of Awolowo until his death. He was one of the admirers of Awolowo. He was the one who coined the word Afenifere.’I was close to Akinloye even during his days in London where he was in exile. He never disagreed with the fact that Awolowo must be respected as a person. There is a difference between members of different political parties and having respect for a particular person. For instance, when Aminu Kano was alive, he often visited the Sardauna of Sokoto for consultation. Though they had different political ideologies. Aminu Kano had the Talakawa (welfarist) ideology. Sardauna was for the Oligachy. He was aristocratic. Joseph Tarka was for the emancipation of his people. I don’t know why anyone in death should denigrate the reputation of Awolowo. On implications of the statement I will not like to judge ex-President Obasanjo. I don’t want to join him in the condemnation of individuals. My aim is to put the fact straight. I respect Obasanjo. He has his own strong points and weaknesses. But one of the things I disagree with him on is the act of condemning people. I feel bad when he does these despite the luck he had. At the end of the civil war and when General Murtala Muhammed was killed, he was opportuned to assume the leadership of this country. Whether he likes it or not, late Chief MKO Abiola will continue to be the hero of modern democracy in Nigeria. He laid down his life and I expect Obasanjo to recognize the fact that he became a beneficiary of his effort and see Abiola as a hero. Nobody can claim to be the only hero in a society; a society is made up of different people. Today, within the Egbas, the Kutis are heroes. This family produced Fela Anikulapo Kuti, Beko Kuti and Prof. Olukoye Ransome-Kuti. Other Egbas are Prof. Wole Soyinka, Akintola Williams and others. A tree cannot make a forest. It hurts me when Ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo denigrate heroes. Has Obasanjo shown inclination towards feeling offended that some of you do not respect his status in the country? In Yoruba, we believe that one must earn whatever status he wants. We submit ourselves to any leadership voluntarily and not by coercion. He (Obasanjo) should be someone that everyone would visit for consultation. I remember when Papa Simon Adebo was alive; Obasanjo and I often visited him to learn from him. That is what people should do at the moment for Obasanjo. He must earn it. The Yoruba often say that when one is aging, he puts aside some attitudes in him. General Yakubu Gowon and Abdulsalam Abubakar do not speak often. But they contribute to the country’s development. They also play key roles internationally. At this age, I believe that we should be careful of what we say. Who is the current Yoruba leader? We cannot have a Yoruba leader in a political dispensation. When Awolowo was elected as the Yoruba leader, he said he will remain the Yoruba leader under military. I have often said it. What we can have at the moment is a cultural Yoruba leader not an overall Yoruba leader. Even within family meetings, the Olori Ebi (head of the family),’ is challenged on issues affecting the family. So, each time the interest of Yoruba is threatened, we all gather under the leadership of an individual to solve the problem. Pre-civil war, the Yoruba interest was threatened. And everyone agreed that the best person to lead the Yoruba at that time was Awolowo. When June 12, 1993 presidential election was annulled, not only Yoruba but everyone who believed in democratic governance believe that the system of government is threatened. This incident threw up late Pa Adekunle Ajasin, as the leaders of the Yoruba. I remember that ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo came to Owo, Ondo state in 1994. if Obasanjo didn’t recognize Ajasin as Yoruba leader why did he visit him in Owo. After the death of Ajasin, late Pa Abraham Adesanya was nominated by Omoyele Sowore, the founder of Sahara reporters at Premier Hotel. And the reason was that MKO Abiola who would have assumed the leadership had died in incarceration . Many became sad. But when the bell of partisan politics was ranged in 1999, Adesanya ceased to be Yoruba leader. He vacated the office to become Afenifere leader. Since the death of Adesanya, why has there not been a cultural leader for the Yoruba? General Akinrinade, retd and Pa Fasoronti are playing that role now. In Yoruba, one must show leadership qualities before anyone can respect him. For instance, Akinrinade was involved in the enthronement of democracy in the country. He was a successfulb in the military. Even when the issue of former President Goodluck Jonathan and late President Umaru Musa Yar Adua evolved, he went the streets with Soyinka and others, demanding that the democratic norm must be adhered to. We have cultural leaders at every level.
www.vanguardngr.com/2015/08/how-yoruba-chose-awo-as-their-leader-osoba/

Family / Re: Is Anything Wrong With My Wife's Question? (pic) by 2sd(m): 10:50am On Jul 01, 2015
OP u simply didn't get the feelings behind the question. Forget whether she's comparing with ur daughter or not it simply means she's not getting enough of ur attention shikenah. Work on that and u get less complaints
Politics / Re: Ex-N'Delta Militants Declare Atiku Persona-Non-Grata by 2sd(m): 12:15am On Sep 09, 2013
Who are these cockroaches? Who do these people think they can threaten into submission? They really believe the world begins and ends with their oil. Did they think it was out of fear of the militants GEJ was made president? By the way, if things were done right, these so called "ex-militants" are supposed to be in jail for the crimes against humanity they committed while the people who never took arms against the Government should have received Nobel peace price and top it with developmental projects in the Niger Delta, rather paying these lunatics millions of naira SMH for nigeria. They should let politicians play their politics without interference. And if they are interested in politics, they should register a party! If other militant groups from different regions begin to back their politician and issue out threats like this, you can imagine magnitude of crisis that will be created. To the so called "ex-militants", pls if you find it difficult to understand the intricacies of politics probably as a result of poor or lack of Education and you have nothing meaningful to contribute, you can go back to the creeks where you came from to continue your fishing until GEJ will come with quality education with lot of history classes.

4 Likes

Politics / Boko Haram Leader, Shekau’s Death Excites BRIC Investors by 2sd(m): 8:19am On Aug 23, 2013
The reported death of Abubakar Shekau, the leader of the Boko Haram insurgency, is making foreign investors look favourably towards investing in Nigeria.

Such investors are said to be frustrated by the low level of profit they are currently making from the BRIC nations of Brazil, India, Russia and China,  authoritative US journal, Forbes, has reported. The report, published in Forbes, yesterday, said success in cracking down on security threats in the Niger Delta is also changing the security situation for the better.

And while terrorist disruption recedes, money keeps flowing into Nigeria. In the last six months, U.S. corporations like Procter & Gamble PG -have committed at least $700 million to build new factories and agricultural facilities in the country while the Nigerian government itself announced a $1 billion fund to nurture
the local software industry, which officials think can ultimately capture $20 billion a year from rivals like India, the magazine continued.

The leading American business magazine said though putting Lagos on equal footing with Bombay or Sao Paulo as a global capital hub in three years would be quite a feat, the foundations for such growth are already in place.

However, Nigeria, it said,  was one of the world’s four best-performing markets last year with a 35.45 per cent gain and is the biggest and most dynamic frontier economy in Africa, with a GDP at par with global capitals  like Hong Kong and Singapore.

Lagos, it went on, reminds fund managers of Houston multiplied by four times the population.

The report  written by  Hilary Kramer, who also writes for Wall Street Journal as equity analyst and investment manager, noted that though  many investors still think of Nigeria as a dangerous market engulfed by unrest and corruption, “ the $31 billion currently moving on the Nigerian Stock Exchange represents annual economic activity of $268 billion.

To buy the same amount of productivity in Singapore, for example, would cost nearly $737 billion, or 23 times as much.

Even in relatively mature emerging markets like Brazil and Russia that are unlikely to enjoy much in the way of future growth, have domestic equity trades at a 200 per cent to 300 per cent premium over what it would cost in Lagos.

The Nigerian economy is growing at an annualised rate well above six per cent, faster than any of the top-tier emerging markets, short of China itself, Kramer noted.
http://mobile.dudamobile.com/site/kevindjakpor_blogspot?url=http%3A%2F%2Fkevindjakpor..com%2F2013%2F08%2Fboko-hram-leader-shekaus-death-excites.html%3Fm%3D1#2852

Politics / OBASANJO EXPLODES: Nigeria Is Cursed With Very Bad Leaders, Mentions Names by 2sd(m): 1:55pm On Aug 15, 2013
Former President Olusegun Obsanjo has a strong message for us. Hear him:
“We had some people who were under 50years in leadership positions. One of them was James Ibori, where is he today? One of them was Alamieyeseigha, where is he today? Lucky Igbinedion, where is he today? 
“The youngest was the Speaker, (Salisu) Buhari; you can still recall what happened to him. You said Bola Tinubu is your master. What Buhari did was not anything worse than what Bola Tinubu did . 
“But in this part of the world some people covered up the other man. The man claimed he went to Government College, Ibadan but the governor (Oyo State) went to Government College and packed all the documents so that they would not know that he did not go there .
“I wanted someone who would succeed me so I took Atiku. Within a year, I started seeing the type of man Atiku is.
"And you want me to get him there?

“I once went to Tanzania because Julius Nyerere recognised Biafra. He told me not to mind his aides and others in government. They would say they have one house in town but their five year old sons and daughters would have houses all over.

“Some of you who are condemning the leadership would get there tomorrow and it will be a different story. Only very few are actually good.

“Abacha, my predecessor got $750m. Through our lawyer in Switzerland we recovered $1.25bn and the lawyer still said there is probably still another $1bn to be recovered. In 1979 we had 20 new ships specially built for Nigeria. When I came back 20 years after, the national shipping line had liquidated.

“The whole thing is not just about leadership. If we talk about good leadership you should also talk about good followers. If you talk about human right you should also talk about human duties and obligations.

“It is sad that after 53years of independence we have no leader that we can commend. The problem in Africa is that when one person takes over he would not see any good thing that his predecessor did. Let us condemn but with caution,”

It was observed that Obasanjo said all these on Tuesday in Ibadan, while reviewing the history of Nigeria as a keynote speaker at the 4th Annual Ibadan Sustainable Development Summit by the Centre for Sustainable Development, University of Ibadan, and African Sustainable Development Network.

http://mobile.dudamobile.com/site/kevindjakpor_blogspot?url=http%3A%2F%2Fkevindjakpor..com%2F2013%2F08%2Fobasanjo-explodes-nigeria-is-cursed.html%3Fm%3D1#2567

Politics / OBASANJO EXPLODES: Nigeria Is Cursed With Very Bad Leaders, Mentions Names by 2sd(m): 1:50pm On Aug 15, 2013
Former President Olusegun Obsanjo has a strong message for us. Hear him:
“We had some people who were under 50years in leadership positions. One of them was James Ibori, where is he today? One of them was Alamieyeseigha, where is he today? Lucky Igbinedion, where is he today? 
“The youngest was the Speaker, (Salisu) Buhari; you can still recall what happened to him. You said Bola Tinubu is your master. What Buhari did was not anything worse than what Bola Tinubu did . 
“But in this part of the world some people covered up the other man. The man claimed he went to Government College, Ibadan but the governor (Oyo State) went to Government College and packed all the documents so that they would not know that he did not go there .
“I wanted someone who would succeed me so I took Atiku. Within a year, I started seeing the type of man Atiku is.
"And you want me to get him there?

“I once went to Tanzania because Julius Nyerere recognised Biafra. He told me not to mind his aides and others in government. They would say they have one house in town but their five year old sons and daughters would have houses all over.

“Some of you who are condemning the leadership would get there tomorrow and it will be a different story. Only very few are actually good.

“Abacha, my predecessor got $750m. Through our lawyer in Switzerland we recovered $1.25bn and the lawyer still said there is probably still another $1bn to be recovered. In 1979 we had 20 new ships specially built for Nigeria. When I came back 20 years after, the national shipping line had liquidated.

“The whole thing is not just about leadership. If we talk about good leadership you should also talk about good followers. If you talk about human right you should also talk about human duties and obligations.

“It is sad that after 53years of independence we have no leader that we can commend. The problem in Africa is that when one person takes over he would not see any good thing that his predecessor did. Let us condemn but with caution,”

It was observed that Obasanjo said all these on Tuesday in Ibadan, while reviewing the history of Nigeria as a keynote speaker at the 4th Annual Ibadan Sustainable Development Summit by the Centre for Sustainable Development, University of Ibadan, and African Sustainable Development Network.

http://mobile.dudamobile.com/site/kevindjakpor_blogspot?url=http%3A%2F%2Fkevindjakpor..com%2F2013%2F08%2Fobasanjo-explodes-nigeria-is-cursed.html%3Fm%3D1#2567

Music/Radio / Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by 2sd(m): 10:46pm On Jul 31, 2013
Don't you guys see that you are helping Don Jazzy promote Loya Milk? It means Don Jazzy is doing a great job in making you help promote it as you mention his name you also mention Loya milk. I'm sure Loya milk will be happy for taking the right decision in signing d Don.

1 Like

Politics / Re: Army Denies Promoting Major Hamza Al–mustapha To Brigadier General by 2sd(m): 3:09pm On Jul 17, 2013
This is unbecoming of Nigerian information media, publishing untrue information thereby misinforming the public. I'm really happy the Army came out to clear the air on this issue.
Health / AHMC And Crystal Thorpe Partner To Develop Hospitals In Nigeria by 2sd(m): 7:04am On Jul 13, 2013
Washington, DC, July 12, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- (http://www.myprgenie.com) -- American Hospital Management Company (AHMC) and Crystal Thorpe proudly announce that they have forged an agreement to collaborate in the development and management of hospitals and polyclinics in Nigeria. The partners have agreed to join forces on current healthcare projects in Lagos and Abuja as well as, on-going collaboration in Nigeria as future opportunities arise. A signing ceremony honoring the newly forged alliance was hosted at AHMC's Global Headquarters in Washington, D.C. The agreement was signed by Randall Arlett, President and CEO of AHMC and Ms. Ugonna Ogueri, Managing Director of Crystal Thorpe.

The new healthcare centers are being developed due to the needs identified in the market for state-of-the-art facilities that operate at international level standards and deliver quality care. AHMC's management model, based on American healthcare management practices and fundamentals, will be deployed and adapted to the unique environments in which the hospitals will operate in order to deliver enhanced operational capabilities, quality, safety and profitability.

Ugonna Ogueri, Managing Director of Crystal Thorpe stated, "Our partnership with AHMC brings the best of global healthcare service to Nigerians. We are very excited at the opportunity to be partnering with AHMC in developing world-class healthcare facilities in Nigeria and we believe that our expertise and knowledge will go a long way in delivering good quality care to our customers whilst reversing the trend of medical tourism abroad."

Nigerians spent approximately US$1 billion last year for treatment in foreign hospitals in areas such as Orthopedics, Cardiology, Oncology and Specialist Surgeries. Hence the partners will focus on developing clinical centers of excellence across Nigeria and providing jobs for the local population as well as attracting specialist clinicians from the Diaspora.

http://www.globenewswire.com/news-release/2013/07/12/559820/10040127/en/AHMC-and-Crystal-Thorpe-Partner-to-Develop-Hospitals-in-Nigeria.html
Celebrities / Re: Ruggedman Blasts Celebrities Over Silence In OJB False Donation Rumour by 2sd(m): 3:05pm On Jul 03, 2013
If it is as easy as just coming out to clear the air without donating then its ok. But as a celeb, your has name been mentioned that you donated 7million but you know you are not ready to give out 7 million due to some reasons, won't you try to sort yourself out first?

I think the celebs who are crying publicly are only trying to impress the public or be relevant. These whole issue could be handled privately and with maturity instead of harassing them.
Politics / Re: Stop Governors Before They Ruin Nigeria – Jubril Aminu by 2sd(m): 9:35am On Apr 28, 2013
I think a Nigerian President is too powerful. Some of the powers and duties arrogated to itself are actually supposed to be for the federating states but in the case of Nigeria, we see presidents commissioning cities water systems, street roads etc.

My point here is not about projects but the politics behind all these. I think a better consensus can be built by our regional heads and a better presidential candidate may emerge as a result of it rather than a system where the outgoing presidents selects his/her successor to make the system continue to serve their selfish interests.
Politics / Stop Governors Before They Ruin Nigeria – Jubril Aminu by 2sd(m): 9:11am On Apr 28, 2013
…says they want to swallow Jonathan ahead of 2015

By Soni Daniel, Regional Editor, North

Former Minister of Petroleum Resources, Senator Jubril Aminu, yesterday, pleaded with the Presidency and patriotic Nigerians to restrain governors from ruining the country.

Aminu, who spoke in an exclusive interview with Sunday Vanguard, accused the governors of arrogating to themselves roles that were not in the Constitution thereby conferring illegal advantage on themselves to the detriment of majority of Nigerians.

The former minister pointed out that, apart from acting as a clog in the wheel of progress, governors had also constituted themselves into an army against the Nigerian people by destroying the local government system and their Houses of Assembly, which used to act as a check on the executive.

According to him, the governors now want to determine everything at the local, state and federal levels, thereby stripping the president of his statutory powers.

Describing the action of the governors as inimical to the progress of the nation, the professor of medicine asked well-meaning Nigerians to rise against “the malevolent attitude of the governors before they plunge the nation into avoidable chaos that could consume the country”.

Aminu said: “The governors are against all of us and the president. They have organised to stop the government from doing what is right for this country. You can see that they have organised to stop anything functioning in Nigeria without them. This is what is happening.
“Governors are the ones imposing things on the rest of us. The problem with the governors is that they meet regularly and have their way by threatening the president that they would not support him for second term. You can’t do that because it is wrong. They must realise and be told that as governors their first responsibility is to their states.

Jubril Aminu
“Many of the states are in a very parlous state and their governors are moving about in Abuja trying to fight Jonathan in a needless war. Number one, they have stopped the local government from functioning.

“They decide what amount to give to the local governments under their control. They decide what the LGA chairmen should spend up to the last kobo. It is a complete negation of the provisions of the Nigerian Constitution and they must be told so in clear terms to desist forthwith from such unholy practice in the interest of the country and its people. But they keep on doing it with impunity.

“Unfortunately, there is nobody to call the governors to order because they have already swallowed the House of Assembly that would have served as a check on them. Today nobody gets any job or appointment at the state level without the approval of the governors. Even election into the National Assembly is controlled by governors. So they have super powers and nothing gets to anybody except the governor approves same.

“Not satisfied with the powers they have already usurped, the governors now want to extend their power to the president. They want to dictate to him what he should and should not do when it is not their right to do so. This is not right and that is not what the Constitution envisaged. This is not the federal system we hope to get”.

Turning to the crisis rocking the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in his state of Adamawa, Aminu blamed the development there on the inability of Governor Murtala Nyako to perform and meet the expectations of the people.

The PDP Board of Trustees member noted that the party made a mistake by facilitating the emergence of Nyako as governor in 2007.

He said, “It is also my fault that we put Nyako there as our governor. Nyako is not good enough. The state is not moving forward. We don’t know what he has been doing with our resources and not much has happened under him.

“Some of us believe he should go and he does not like that and almost all of us who were responsible for his emergence are uncomfortable with his style of leadership and the state is going backward.

“In fact, I may say that our state is the most backward in terms of development and even younger states have overtaken Adamawa in terms of progress. You can see what has happened in younger states like Taraba, Gombe and Yobe. So the people are asking us, what did you people send to us? And we have no answer to give. The man has failed woefully to change the state in any form. That is the problem.”

Politics / Re: Chief Gabriel Igbinedion, To Stop Undermining State Laws. by 2sd(m): 8:25am On Apr 23, 2013
An action Governor is talking. Big up Oshiomole

1 Like

Politics / Re: Ogoniland Declares Independence!!! by 2sd(m): 12:29pm On Aug 03, 2012
Map Their local governments in rivers state

Politics / Re: Ogoniland Declares Independence!!! by 2sd(m): 12:26pm On Aug 03, 2012
Their local governments in rivers state
Politics / Re: Ogoniland Declares Independence!!! by 2sd(m): 12:21pm On Aug 03, 2012
This the map of ogoniland.

Politics / Re: Akingbola’s Assets Are Up For Sale – Sanusi Lamido by 2sd(m): 3:13pm On Aug 02, 2012
grin[s][/s]Erastus Akingbola don enter trouble ;DErastus Akingbola don enter trouble
Politics / Akingbola’s Assets Are Up For Sale – Sanusi Lamido by 2sd(m): 3:11pm On Aug 02, 2012
T[b]he Central Bank of Nigeria governor, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, has said “assets belonging to Erastus Akingbola, the former Intercontinental Bank chief, will be put on sale to recover the N164 billion Mr. Akingbola has been ordered by a UK court to refund[/b].”

Mr. Sanusi said this in London on Wednesday where he attended the Nigeria Business and Investment Summit. The remarks were not made as part of the meeting.

We have a ruling for N164 billion against Akingbola. This means that we can sell all the assets he has in the world until we recover the money. So if he doesn’t have that fund to be refunded, we will sell everything he has to get that,” Sanusi said.

The London court ruling, delivered on Tuesday as the climax of a long-running case, found the former Intercontinental Bank plc, now Access Bank, guilty of mandating a fraudulent scheme of the bank buying its own shares, leading to heavy losses.

The judge, Justice Burton, held that the share fraud contributed significantly to the collapse of Intercontinental bank, which was acquired early 2012 by Access Bank.

The judge ordered that the former bank chief refund N164 billion, being the proceeds of the share deal.

Mr. Akingbola has said he was disappointed by the ruling and denied the court ordered he should make payment. He said in a statement he was innocent of the charges, and promised to appeal the judgment.

Reacting to the judgment, Mr. Sanusi said the verdict would send signals to other bank chief executives that depositors’ funds should not be tampered with.

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/08/02/erastus-akingbolas-assets-are-up-for-sale-sanusi-lamido/

Travel / Re: Life Of A Nigerian Hustler In Picture by 2sd(m): 3:27pm On Jul 19, 2012
afam4eva:
That's Nigerias for you. people do what they can't do in their country in other countries because they see the white man as a superior being.

(1) (2) (of 2 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.