Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,771 members, 7,831,478 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:25 PM

We Have Made A Mistake Of A Lifetime - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Have Made A Mistake Of A Lifetime (3145 Views)

If Nigeria Makes The Mistake Of Bringing Back Buhari In 2019 - FFK / GEJ'll Be Making A Mistake If He Thinks OBJ'll Forget What Divided Them—Babatope / Ogoni Clean-up: Jonathan Made A Mistake – Traditional Ruler (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Have Made A Mistake Of A Lifetime by iamblisz(m): 2:17pm On Mar 20, 2016
THE COCK CROWED AND A MAN WEPT BITTERLY
Friends, I speak in parables.
A man was living in denial. He shot himself on the foot, he was bleeding to death, and he was reducing in weight, size and shape. But he would not admit he made a mistake. He was too proud to accept his error, too straight to be bent, too blinded by hero-worship, too full of sentiments to relax and realise he took a very wrong step backwards.
The cock crowed and a man’s senses were restored to its default settings.
I did not make the wrong choices, they did, and it was binding on all of us. I warned, I cried, I pleaded but they felt it was not enough. They shut their ears to the voice of reasoning. Our morality cannot be directly influenced by our ancestors because they did not live in such crowded circumstances as we. In fact I had said my ancestor should not be brought back to come lead me. But nobody listened. And now darkness looms. Thick darkness and uncertainty paints the times ahead.
The cock crowed, we cried but they stopped us. They called us wailing wailers. They forbad us from crying.
At first it was silence. Absolute silence. The entire governing system of Nigeria was completely quiet. We strained our necks, we stretched, just to peep into Aso Rock and read meanings into Baba’s body language. Nothing was going on. Nigerians waited and waited just to at least get an idea of where they were leading us to. Nothing. Just nothing. It took an awful long time and when we started raising eyebrows, they switched to shifting of blames. Goodluck Jonathan became responsible for all of Nigeria’s problems since the world was created. In El-rufai’s words, ‘…Nigeria has been irredeemably damaged’. At this point I thought they would resign from their respective offices and let all of us give up on the Nigerian Project, after all, Nigeria has been IRREDEEMABLY damaged they said..
Nigerians became tired of the blame game and they moved to excuse giving. The oil price is going down, this one has happened and the other one has refused to happen. At this point we were growing impatient. We would not accept the excuses either and they started telling blatant lies. They lied to our faces and spat on our fore heads. They told the kind of lies that meant they took us completely for granted. We meant nothing to them. Can I ever forget when lying minister came out of the blue and said ‘Nigeria has started reaping the fruits of Buhari’s foreign trips?’. Till date I am still wondering what he meant.
The lies were not working too and in a desperate move, they attempted severing the connection between government and the people. They wanted to pass a social media bill that meant we would no longer be able to talk freely. Of course this approach too did not work and finally they did what I had been expecting all this while. What a typical lazy, unserious and clueless but proud person would do when found guilty- and that is to suddenly grow cold and nonchalant. They were in power and what would anybody do about that?
And now if I place demand on the government to perform I am seen as an enemy. In fact I just read now, a statement credited to Chris Ngige, ‘those complaining that things are hard in the country are members of PDP.’
Is it a crime to ask questions about my future? Are you not aware that very soon these very old folks will all die and bow out of the scene? Do you want them to mortgage my future? Do you want them to leave a messed up Nigeria behind? Can’t I ask these questions? I do not understand what is going on, nobody is coming out to say anything, and should I keep quiet? Are you an enemy of the Nigeria of my dreams?
This administration has taken wrong decision after wrong decision and it is clear they only know how to play party politics but have no idea whatsoever about governance. One after the other, several ministries are becoming dormant or just fizzling out of relevance. Whatever happened to our ministry of finance? In fact who is the minister of finance? What about ministry foreign affairs? And how about that of youth? The list is a long one.
I cannot change Nigeria alone. Neither can you. Our individual activities are too little to cause any significant effect. It is as we come together, pull down the walls that separate us, and agree to work together with an orientation that is tilted towards progress that we will begin to journey forward. But it cannot happen if you keep seeing me as an enemy. Neither will it happen if you continue to dwell in pride and refuse to accept that something went wrong somewhere along the way. If it is in the choice of leaders, you erred badly in the last elections. You must accept that simple fact. We erred very badly. I have realised that. If you haven’t, I am ready to wait for you. From now till 2019 this current government will not do much, nothing serious will happen because we erred in our choice of leaders. Don’t start an argument now. I said from now till 2019, and I am ready to wait that long for you to realise your faults. But I have a question. If the cock crows in 2019, will you weep bitterly?
Credit to David Yunana

8 Likes

Re: We Have Made A Mistake Of A Lifetime by rottennaija(m): 2:36pm On Mar 20, 2016
iamblisz:
A man was living in denial. He shot himself on the foot, he was bleeding to death, and he was reducing in weight, size and shape. But he would not admit he made a mistake. He was too proud to accept his error, too straight to be bent, too blinded by hero-worship, too full of sentiments to relax and realise he took a very wrong step backwards.
I did not make the wrong choices, they did, and it was binding on all of us. I warned, I cried, I pleaded but they felt it was not enough. They shut their ears to the voice of reasoning. Our morality cannot be directly influenced by our ancestors because they did not live in such crowded circumstances as we. In fact I had said my ancestor should not be brought back to come lead me. But nobody listened. And now darkness looms. Thick darkness and uncertainty paints the times ahead.
The cock crowed, we cried but they stopped us. They called us[size=18pt] wailing wailers.[/size] They forbad us from crying.
At first it was silence. Absolute silence. The entire governing system of Nigeria was completely quiet. We strained our necks, we stretched, just to peep into Aso Rock and read meanings into Baba’s body language. Nothing was going on. Nigerians waited and waited just to at least get an idea of where they were leading us to. Nothing. Just nothing. It took an awful long time and when we started raising eyebrows, they switched to shifting of blames. Goodluck Jonathan became responsible for all of Nigeria’s problems since the world was created. In El-rufai’s words, ‘…Nigeria has been irredeemably damaged’. At this point I thought they would resign from their respective offices and let all of us give up on the Nigerian Project, after all, Nigeria has been IRREDEEMABLY damaged they said..
Nigerians became tired of the blame game and they moved to excuse giving. The oil price is going down, this one has happened and the other one has refused to happen. At this point we were growing impatient. We would not accept the excuses either and they started telling blatant lies. They lied to our faces and spat on our fore heads. They told the kind of lies that meant they took us completely for granted. We meant nothing to them. Can I ever forget when lying minister came out of the blue and said ‘Nigeria has started reaping the fruits of Buhari’s foreign trips?’. Till date I am still wondering what he meant.
The lies were not working too and in a desperate move, they attempted severing the connection between government and the people. They wanted to pass a social media bill that meant we would no longer be able to talk freely. Of course this approach too did not work and finally they did what I had been expecting all this while. What a typical lazy, unserious and clueless but proud person would do when found guilty- and that is to suddenly grow cold and nonchalant. They were in power and what would anybody do about that?
And now if I place demand on the government to perform I am seen as an enemy. In fact I just read now, a statement credited to Chris Ngige, ‘those complaining that things are hard in the country are members of PDP.’
Is it a crime to ask questions about my future? Are you not aware that very soon these very old folks will all die and bow out of the scene? Do you want them to mortgage my future? Do you want them to leave a messed up Nigeria behind? Can’t I ask these questions? I do not understand what is going on, nobody is coming out to say anything, and should I keep quiet? Are you an enemy of the Nigeria of my dreams?
This administration has taken wrong decision after wrong decision and it is clear they only know how to play party politics but have no idea whatsoever about governance. One after the other, several ministries are becoming dormant or just fizzling out of relevance. Whatever happened to our ministry of finance? In fact who is the minister of finance? What about ministry foreign affairs? And how about that of youth? The list is a long one.
I cannot change Nigeria alone. Neither can you. Our individual activities are too little to cause any significant effect. It is as we come together, pull down the walls that separate us, and agree to work together with an orientation that is tilted towards progress that we will begin to journey forward. But it cannot happen if you keep seeing me as an enemy. Neither will it happen if you continue to dwell in pride and refuse to accept that something went wrong somewhere along the way. If it is in the choice of leaders, you erred badly in the last elections. You must accept that simple fact. We erred very badly. I have realised that. If you haven’t, I am ready to wait for you. From now till 2019 this current government will not do much, nothing serious will happen because we erred in our choice of leaders. Don’t start an argument now. I said from now till 2019, and I am ready to wait that long for you to realise your faults. But I have a question. If the cock crows in 2019, will you weep bitterly?
Credit to David Yunana

Spotted @bolded

3 Likes

Re: We Have Made A Mistake Of A Lifetime by lecturerdabo(m): 2:44pm On Mar 20, 2016
Well said beloved patriot!!!

"Ministers are noise makers" - President Buhari

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Have Made A Mistake Of A Lifetime by iamblisz(m): 2:54pm On Mar 20, 2016
[quote author=rottennaija post=43943462]

Spotted @bolded[/quote
Online paid agents

2 Likes

Re: We Have Made A Mistake Of A Lifetime by amaechi1: 3:04pm On Mar 20, 2016
I am not surprise, you are one of those that are expecting miracles than process building. Please, suggest what you think Mr president should have done in this dwindling national income from one source. A nation that fail to plan, has planned to fail.

Keep wailing!

7 Likes

Re: We Have Made A Mistake Of A Lifetime by rottennaija(m): 3:12pm On Mar 20, 2016
[quote author=iamblisz post=43943911][/quote] paid k? I'm not paid, so you can turn your attack elsewhere
Re: We Have Made A Mistake Of A Lifetime by ibedun: 3:13pm On Mar 20, 2016
Fucking wailer!!!!!! Go and Die!!!!

2 Likes

Re: We Have Made A Mistake Of A Lifetime by iamblisz(m): 3:18pm On Mar 20, 2016
ibedun:
Fucking wailer!!!!!! Go and Die!!!!
Keep lying to urself

5 Likes

Re: We Have Made A Mistake Of A Lifetime by coolscott(m): 3:20pm On Mar 20, 2016
[size=13pt]
iamblisz:

The cock crowed, we cried but they stopped us. They called us wailing wailers. They forbad us from crying.
At first it was silence. Absolute silence. The entire governing system of Nigeria was completely quiet. We strained our necks, we stretched, just to peep into Aso Rock and read meanings into Baba’s body language. Nothing was going on. Nigerians waited and waited just to at least get an idea of where they were leading us to. Nothing. Just nothing. It took an awful long time and when we started raising eyebrows, they switched to shifting of blames. Goodluck Jonathan became responsible for all of Nigeria’s problems since the world was created. In El-rufai’s words, ‘…Nigeria has been irredeemably damaged’.

At this point I thought they would resign from their respective offices and let all of us give up on the Nigerian Project, after all, Nigeria has been IRREDEEMABLY damaged they said..

Credit to David Yunana
[/size]
Re: We Have Made A Mistake Of A Lifetime by OrIandoOwoh(m): 3:21pm On Mar 20, 2016
APC is really destroying this country!!

6 Likes

Re: We Have Made A Mistake Of A Lifetime by iamblisz(m): 3:27pm On Mar 20, 2016
amaechi1:
I am not surprise, you are one of those that are expecting miracles than process building. Please, suggest what you think Mr president should have done in this dwindling national income from one source. A nation that fail to plan, has planned to fail.

Keep wailing!
I suggest, he remove the strict policy on dollars, life will be better than the way it is right now if he did not impose it
Re: We Have Made A Mistake Of A Lifetime by ednut1(m): 3:39pm On Mar 20, 2016
2019 Nigerians would still fall for these scammers. Good for us.

1 Like

Re: We Have Made A Mistake Of A Lifetime by BiafraBushBoy(m): 4:16pm On Mar 20, 2016
You supported a Thug called Wike and called him your Hero,

You supported an Ineffectual Buffon called GEJ and tagged him your Hero!!

I supported a "Dullard" called Buhari... And tagged him my Messiah...

So why Wailing??

If you no get Job, come make I give you work!! Seems you are Jobless!!

@ OP

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Have Made A Mistake Of A Lifetime by obailala(m): 4:20pm On Mar 20, 2016
If the wailers dont wail, who will?

#BleedyWailers

2 Likes

Re: We Have Made A Mistake Of A Lifetime by nd07(m): 5:12pm On Mar 20, 2016
lecturerdabo:
Well said beloved patriot!!!

"Ministers are noise makers" - President Buhari

thats why he has decided to silence them by keeping them dormant lol.
Re: We Have Made A Mistake Of A Lifetime by nd07(m): 5:25pm On Mar 20, 2016
amaechi1:

Keep wailing!

did I hear u say process? waiting for process from a man that campaigned, won election, yet it took him 6 months to pik his " saints" ministers, process? d first quarter of d year is almost gone & yet d budget is not yet passed- an e.g of a progressive governance?, u said process? for almost a year in power, can u clearly explain to me what u understand in d economic direction of Mr President? process is using DSS to silence people's opinion? process is inclusion of our country into a world they don't belong to? process is disrespect to d rule of law. brother, myopia & self deceit is dangerous to oneself. believing that a year old baby that has refused to crawl is normal

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Have Made A Mistake Of A Lifetime by Richest85: 5:30pm On Mar 20, 2016
Wel spoken bt belf u me dat an hausa man wil stil b an hausa man til Jesus come coz dey wil neva acpt dat votin buhari in2 power was a mistak. Infact if an hausa man c a thread or a post dat potrait buhari inability 2 per4om as a president an hausa man wil insult d person or group of persons postin d thread

2 Likes

Re: We Have Made A Mistake Of A Lifetime by nd07(m): 5:31pm On Mar 20, 2016
BiafraBushBoy:
You supported a Thug called Wike and called him your Hero,

You supported an Ineffectual Buffon called GEJ and tagged him your Hero!!

I supported a "Dullard" called Buhari... And tagged him my Messiah...

So why Wailing??

If you no get Job, come make I give you work!! Seems you are Jobless!!

@ OP

how can a jobless sycophant like u provide job in a fallen system where giants employers of labor r moving their investments away? r u not d same product with Lai Muhammad & d promise of 5,000 stipend to d jobless youths. na wow Mr Job giver

2 Likes

Re: We Have Made A Mistake Of A Lifetime by DauraDullard0(m): 5:41pm On Mar 20, 2016
OrIandoOwoh:
APC is really destroying this country!!
Like seriously

NgeneUkwenu, Caseless, Adminisher, Obailala, Beremx, Abagworo/Abagoro.... Make una come see wetin dey happen for here
Re: We Have Made A Mistake Of A Lifetime by plaetton: 5:46pm On Mar 20, 2016
amaechi1:

Keep wailing!

Very very very simple, common sense, kindergarten thing to do is.

1. Cut down on the cost of governance.

But these clowns, or more like swarm of LOCUSTS, did the exact opposite by tripling, padding, and duplicating the cost of governance by even inventing new expenditures, like paying rent in ASO Rock. shocked

Have we answered your question ?
undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Have Made A Mistake Of A Lifetime by Nobody: 5:49pm On Mar 20, 2016
Buhari is bad news by himself.

When you add the likes of Lai Mohammed, Amechi and El Rufai to his side, then Nigeria is doomed.

1 Like

Re: We Have Made A Mistake Of A Lifetime by obaiIaIa(m): 5:50pm On Mar 20, 2016
DauraDullard0:
Like seriously

NgeneUkwenu, Caseless, Adminisher, Obailala, Beremx, Abagworo/Abagoro.... Make una come see wetin dey happen for here

Datz the truth bro... Datz the plain truth! We made the wrong party choice.
Re: We Have Made A Mistake Of A Lifetime by adconline(m): 5:56pm On Mar 20, 2016
amaechi1:

Keep wailing!
Keep blaming and calling names while they place their sons and daughters at various strategic positions.. They shared CBN jobs amongst themselves!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Have Made A Mistake Of A Lifetime by DauraDullard0(m): 6:27pm On Mar 20, 2016
obaiIaIa:
Datz the truth bro... Datz the plain truth! We made the wrong party choice.
Is it about the name of the party or the people that make up the party?
Re: We Have Made A Mistake Of A Lifetime by kettykin: 6:38pm On Mar 20, 2016
Let wailing wailers continue to wail uncontrollably and let lying liars continue in their hypocritical lies, at the end of 4 years if Nigeria is still existing (if ipob does not successful remove biafra ) then we can access who or what the government achieved, personally why detest the liars is their hypocrisy and determination to keep biafrans in the same country with them at all and any means possible, this to me is vulturisation of hypocrisy.
While my grouse with the wailers is that they are not street smart.
Re: We Have Made A Mistake Of A Lifetime by obaiIaIa(m): 6:41pm On Mar 20, 2016
DauraDullard0:
Is it about the name of the party or the people that make up the party?

The people and not necessarily the name
Re: We Have Made A Mistake Of A Lifetime by Pavarottii(m): 7:13pm On Mar 20, 2016
This is Epic(full of truth; no fiction) mehn. More grease to ur elbows. The OP and the poet.

Nice poetry.
Re: We Have Made A Mistake Of A Lifetime by NavierStokes(m): 7:17pm On Mar 20, 2016
I am confused at some of the comments on this thread.

Guys please speak in plain English so that some of us will understand, @orlandoowoh, @obailala
Re: We Have Made A Mistake Of A Lifetime by obailala(m): 7:31pm On Mar 20, 2016
DauraDullard0:
Like seriously

NavierStokes:
I am confused at some of the comments on this thread.
Guys please speak in plain English so that some of us will understand, @orlandoowoh, @obailala
Nothing to be confused about bro!

obaiIaIa and OrIandoOwoh are [size=18pt]IMPOSTORS[/size], they are not the same as obailala and OrlandoOwoh.

Some of these shameless wailers in their desperation, have resorted to creating impostor usernames to put through their worthless opinions and deceive people. I find it difficult to understand how a person could be so insecure to the extent of faking their own identity in a faceless forum.

@Mynd44, shouldn't there be a NL rule against impostors?

2 Likes

Re: We Have Made A Mistake Of A Lifetime by paschu: 8:19pm On Mar 20, 2016
plaetton:

Very very very simple, common sense, kindergarten thing to do is.

1. Cut down on the cost of governance.

But these clowns, or more like swarm of LOCUSTS, did the exact opposite by tripling, padding, and duplicating the cost of governance by even inventing new expenditures, like paying rent in ASO Rock. shocked

Have we answered your question ?
undecided

A trillion likes my bro. Tell the lunati...

1 Like

Re: We Have Made A Mistake Of A Lifetime by BushidoBlue(m): 8:25pm On Mar 20, 2016
Iyalaiya cluelessness of this APC led Administration is hit back to back of failure .
Re: We Have Made A Mistake Of A Lifetime by BiafraBushBoy(m): 8:35pm On Mar 20, 2016
nd07:

how can a jobless sycophant like u provide job in a fallen system where giants employers of labor r moving their investments away? r u not d same product with Lai Muhammad & d promise of 5,000 stipend to d jobless youths. na wow Mr Job giver

Ogbeni if your party wants the presidential seat, come and take it....

Leave trash for Lawma!!

You are a product of PDP's 16years of misrule!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Intelligent Igbo Guys Needed On This Forum / Video: Sheikh Ahmad Gumi Asks Buhari To Sit Up Or Resign / Photos Of New Look Of Kano Kawo Flyover Bridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.