Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,246 members, 7,860,562 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 12:40 PM

INEC Declares Rivers Re-Run INCONCLUSIVE - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Declares Rivers Re-Run INCONCLUSIVE (35092 Views)

Breaking Wike Declares Rivers State 100% Christian State / Rivers Re-run Elections: Live Monitoring And Updates / Campaign Posters Of Candidates For Rivers Re-run Elections (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: INEC Declares Rivers Re-Run INCONCLUSIVE by Mistermamus(m): 8:52am On Mar 21, 2016
The simple truth is mr integrity wants rivers coz of the oil remember he is d min.of petroleum. He sent ameachi to do d dirty work which is to rig d election in dere favour den impeach wike. If u dnt knw b4 knw nw pmb is d sole importer of fuel . He is just a dictator mata of tym nigerians eyes go clear

1 Like

Re: INEC Declares Rivers Re-Run INCONCLUSIVE by HEIR: 8:55am On Mar 21, 2016
So you mean we should wait 18 good months. I weep for you honestly
modath:

Ask that question when this administration is about 18mths, not 10months in at a time when the country's balance of trade is at a negative!!

You people act like the only mainstay of the economy hasn't been besieged by rock bottom low prices!! Money answereth all things, no matter how lofty & admirable the plans you have are, without funds to execute ,how do you get ahead?

Post Bush America, it took Obama two years to get a semblance of order but 10 months in with little income, the naysayers are asking for blood!!!

Wike & Amaechi are flexing muscles, how does that translate to this admin' fault exactly? undecided

I suggest you have have seat beside me as it's obvious you have agreed Hero's 5yrs wasn't what it should have been & you are expecting miracle in less than a year! cool

1 Like

Re: INEC Declares Rivers Re-Run INCONCLUSIVE by adanny01(m): 8:55am On Mar 21, 2016
MichaelDee:

U are very far from the truth. SS and NE are alike, cos they will never take any shit if someone wants to deny them of their right. Considering if there is also someone like rotimi amaechi that want to proof his legendary in Akwa ibom, delta, cross river and the northeast states, same thing that happened here in rivers will also happen there. Bayelsa is the state of former president and APC knew they can't win there but just want to get it by all means in order to present GEJ to the world as a waste. Let me ask u this question, didn't Buhari' zombies killed people in the NE in 2011 because he wanted to proof his political stand in those state not owned by his party(CPC)? Is there no casualties in that time? Please be a human right activist and stop talking like a partisan.

Kaduna, Adamawa and even Ekiti governors defeated incumbent governors. Was there violence? Sokoto, Plateau, Benue and and even Rivers governor defeated candidates of incumbent governors. Only in Rivers, political violence became new order. What are you saying, are you supporting the violence in Rivers?

About the bolded, if APC knew that they could not win election in Rivers, INEC should have know better than waste money on the elections and declare PDP permanent leaders of Bayelsa and do same in Rivers and Akwa Ibom.

2011 violence in the north is post election violence where aggrieved losers decided to attack Christians bringing a religious tune. The violence inthe north is usually religious intolerance but in Rivers, a father disowning his son for politics says everything. Its no this type preelection and election violence you have there. Northerners dont fight during elections. Only aggrieved people whose candidate lost resort to violence. SS dont even allow free and fair elections.

You see, its you who is far from the truth.
Re: INEC Declares Rivers Re-Run INCONCLUSIVE by modath(f): 8:56am On Mar 21, 2016
kenchylala:

If you know what to do 5months too much to make a difference. This government lacks everything

So you know & didn't you "sell" the idea to una beloved Hero in his 5yrs of many errors?

Seems y'all just like the sound of your own voices... smiley

No be only 5months, na 5 minutes!
Re: INEC Declares Rivers Re-Run INCONCLUSIVE by patpaul: 8:57am On Mar 21, 2016
PDP, are you learning? APC is teaching you people how to rule:Any election they loose, they declare it inconclusive, when they are winning, they immediately declare the result.
Re: INEC Declares Rivers Re-Run INCONCLUSIVE by SycophanticGoat: 8:59am On Mar 21, 2016
modath:

You are insincere (as it's obtainable within people of your mind set) so it will be foolhardy to ask you to to present just one great impact that the administration of the IB had on the lives of Nigerians..

Making a few billionaires, giving even fewer a couple of millions under youwin to pursue their own personal dreams(loss to nigerians) are not dividends of democracy.... & for the love of God, oil was selling at give or take $100 + - but everytime we ask, Anonimi will assault with pic & claim Amaechi held his hands!!

All you people wail about propaganda, like other people don't have a choice of choosing who they want as leaders, must everyone vote for your preferred candidate? Hero lost cos he was ineffectual, let matters be!!!...

You people always find a way to attribute any wrong in your lives to the man, when supreme court gave judgment the way they saw fit, you people claimed he was "powerless", Wike & Amaechi kept making incinedary comments that have prompted a violent election, now it's PMB's fault? Abeg swerve

No ne is asking you people to stop lamenting, pls kontinu, na una go taya last last!!!!

Please enough of all these oil price excuse cuz it's already stale. This is because even without oil money pouring in, we can see the brazen corruption perpetrated by this backward administration in their budget and some of the abandoned projects. Now imagine the kind of looting that mumuhammado mumuhary would have done if oil sold at above $100..

Apart from the violent election, even the peaceful ones, how many were conclusive? Even JAMB is now inconclusive in this useless, visionless and directionless administration headed by a certificateless, headless and brainless dullard.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: INEC Declares Rivers Re-Run INCONCLUSIVE by Nobody: 9:04am On Mar 21, 2016
uridadole:

Why then is use of thuggs and violence?
Let Wike explain
shei ur dakuku is soon Goin to be convicted of murder
Re: INEC Declares Rivers Re-Run INCONCLUSIVE by SycophanticGoat: 9:05am On Mar 21, 2016
adanny01:

Kaduna, Adamawa and even Ekiti governors defeated incumbent governors. Was there violence? Sokoto, Plateau, Benue and and even Rivers governor defeated candidates of incumbent governors. Only in Rivers, political violence became new order. What are you saying, are you supporting the violence in Rivers?

About the bolded, if APC knew that they could not win election in Rivers, INEC should have know better than waste money on the elections and declare PDP permanent leaders of Bayelsa and do same in Rivers and Akwa Ibom.

2011 violence in the north is post election violence where aggrieved losers decided to attack Christians bringing a religious tune. Its no this type preelection and election violence you have there. Northerners dont fight during elections. Only aggrieved people whose candidate lost resort to violence. SS dont even allow free and fair elections.

Trying hard, tooth and nail, to differentiate one violence from another. As if all violence doesn't lead to murder and bloodshed. If the north's was different from Rivers' violence, then you should have gone to any place highly populated by Muslims and declared your support for PDP before that 2015 election, let's see if your head will remain on your neck.. Rubbish!
Re: INEC Declares Rivers Re-Run INCONCLUSIVE by eLcastro(m): 9:07am On Mar 21, 2016
nwakibie3:

Na u get time to reply the zombie.
lol...nah.,sometimes we nid 2 skool pipo so dey knw..1st am frm rivz.,born breed rivz.,stay in port Harcourt nd i be guy man..so i knw rivers wel.,frm ph d capital city of rivers 2 all d lga surroundin it on d upland none is up to 2hrs drive...onli d riverine area datz more..with that been said.,i don't c any reason for inec to arrive pollin units late nd start hurry voters sayin in few hrs dey closin..also inec knw d card reader tin is stl in process go we gettin it right,so i don't knw why dey left their offices without incident form or juz 2/3 forms to pollin unit thereby causin violent act..pipo strugglin s incident forms...nw prior to d satday there were violence buh i told pipo on satday it wil b peaceful.,who luvz lyf dan a rivs man!! election in phlaga.,obio-akpor nd ma lga onelga were all peaceful..i brot onli dis 3 cuz dey d flash points..about d ogoni lga's datz anoda talk..d election were peaceful.,countin peaceful..pollin units results signed nd pasted at d pollin units...violence onli started durin collation.,nw wahz collation "addin up d results frm d pollin units o"...why wil dat bring problem wen all d parties agent r there,jus add d results u hav nd announce is dat too hard...inec officials started causin problem..ph was peaceful til dat incident at mile one.,den later in d evenin dakuku allegin dey tried assinatin him.,wah dey didn't do wen he we to vote.,its on his way to dss dey came 4 him..so dat guy askin if inec is d cause of violence..again i put it to u nd inec dat yes...inec created d scenes 4 violence..dis r juz few reasons..am tired of typin already

1 Like

Re: INEC Declares Rivers Re-Run INCONCLUSIVE by BekeeBuAgbara: 9:08am On Mar 21, 2016
sweetgala:

I repeat this is not the failure of INEC but of the citizens of Rivers who preferred violence than to vote peacefully.

With all the military and police presence people still wanted to main and kill
Are the people of Rivers state also responsible for Kogi and Bayelsa inconclusive elections?
Re: INEC Declares Rivers Re-Run INCONCLUSIVE by tonquendo4u(m): 9:08am On Mar 21, 2016
This govt brought in d era of inconclusive elections.D Inec is incompetent.since Apc took over office,they've not conducted a conclusive elections in any state.Can we trust these people with 2019 Gen elections?
Re: INEC Declares Rivers Re-Run INCONCLUSIVE by Abee79(m): 9:11am On Mar 21, 2016
I N C O N C L U S I V E
*What the hell does that word mean? Irritates me.
Re: INEC Declares Rivers Re-Run INCONCLUSIVE by Ojeilevbare(m): 9:16am On Mar 21, 2016
I keep saying it Nigeria wasn't ripe enough to be independent.
Re: INEC Declares Rivers Re-Run INCONCLUSIVE by zik4ever: 9:16am On Mar 21, 2016
There is nothing inconclusive about the elections! The results are well known. In Ikwerre LGA, all efforts to later the results failed and the IENC official, who was conveying the results to Port Harcourt may have been killed yesterday (yet to confirm his fate). Agents of the defeated party rammed into his vehicle and opened fire on it. My brothers and sisters, if you only know the ungodliness of many politicians, you will be ashamed of ever staking your neck for some of them on Nairaland.
Re: INEC Declares Rivers Re-Run INCONCLUSIVE by baralatie(m): 9:17am On Mar 21, 2016
patpaul:
PDP, are you learning? APC is teaching you people how to rule:Any election they loose, they declare it inconclusive, when they are winning, they immediately declare the result.
This is a serious allegation against the inec and the presidency
Re: INEC Declares Rivers Re-Run INCONCLUSIVE by modath(f): 9:18am On Mar 21, 2016
HEIR:
So you mean we should wait 18 good months. I weep for you honestly

Or you are weeping for your electoral loss? cheesy

Stop being selfish & self centered, You gave Hero 5yrs, we managed him, but we Bubu's support base are not allowed to give him 18months (especially when oil price is lowy to the numerous gaffes of Don Fortunato?

Even in your bias,does that seem fair to you? You took your shot, didn't hit the bull's eye but you are not willing to allow your opponent a chance? Does it make for an even contest?

Anyway, una gree oo, una nor gree, na market place noise, doesn't deter the transaction of both buyer & seller...
Re: INEC Declares Rivers Re-Run INCONCLUSIVE by adanny01(m): 9:21am On Mar 21, 2016
SycophanticGoat:

Trying hard, tooth and nail, to differentiate one violence from another. As if all violence doesn't lead to murder and bloodshed. If the north's was different from Rivers' violence, then you should have gone to any place highly populated by Muslims and declared your support for PDP before that 2015 election, let's see if your head will remain on your neck.. Rubbish!

Muslims fighting Christians - Religious
Fulani fighting farmers - property
Ikwere fighting Ikwere - ?
Itsekiri fighting Itsekiri - ?
Father fighting son - ?

Which ones look senseless to you.

Just because you are ignorant of the north doesnot mean you should just say anything. My friends have vote in mainly muslim areas and came out. Northerners allow voting and get aggrieved only when they thought they had it but lost. That was even one time and it was for religious reasons. The point is that northerners will not fight over politics as it is a less trivial issue. In SS, its different.
Re: INEC Declares Rivers Re-Run INCONCLUSIVE by cckris: 9:22am On Mar 21, 2016
Abee79:
I N C O N C L U S I V E
*What the hell does that word mean? Irritates me.
Means that:
1. PDP will win all the seats if INEC concludes the election.
2. PDP has SUFFICIENT SUPPORTERS in Ogoni to stop the election when INEC started gaming the electoral process to favour APC.
3. Rivers people will NEVER follow Amaechi into APC.
4. Amaechi BETRAYED Pres Jonathan, & Rivers people use their BALLOTS to make a statement

2 Likes

Re: INEC Declares Rivers Re-Run INCONCLUSIVE by SycophanticGoat: 9:26am On Mar 21, 2016
adanny01:

Muslims fighting Christians - Religious
Fulani fighting farmers - property
Ikwere fighting Ikwere - ?
Itsekiri fighting Itsekiri - ?
Father fighting son - ?

Which ones look senseless to you.

Just because you are ignorant of the north doesnot mean you should just say anything. My friends have vote in mainly muslim areas and came out. Northerners allow voting and get aggrieved only when they thought they had it but lost. That was even one time and it was for religious reasons. The point is that northerners will not fight over politics as it is a less trivial issue. In SS, its different.

Trash talk! Talking to someone that spent five years in the north and narrowly missed death in 2011. You're not even making sense in anyway. So Buhari whom cuz of him, over a thousand was killed is not all politics? What differentiates religious bloodshed from political bloodshed anyway? Or do you believe one of them will give you 77 virgins while the other won't?

BTW, anybody can vote anywhere, even in Rivers as long as you don't allow people know who you voted for. Your friends should have made it open so that people knew they voted for GEJ let's know if their blood wouldn't have flown especially if they voted in Muslim populated areas.

Black man and backwardness sha... SmH!

1 Like

Re: INEC Declares Rivers Re-Run INCONCLUSIVE by Sirtford: 9:34am On Mar 21, 2016
divinecode101:

NO Sir, they voted him because the clueless and ineffectual buffoon was incapable of moving Nigeria forward

Is that why u voted to move Nigeria backward

1 Like

Re: INEC Declares Rivers Re-Run INCONCLUSIVE by jpphilips(m): 9:43am On Mar 21, 2016
MRSALT:
Sometimes I ask myself Are Nigerians different species of human race? A group that refuse to learn from history. This is the same episode that took place in Western Nigeria region during the first republic like half a century ago; one the crisis that culminated in civil war. Its happening in this modern time after much education, development and wider travels and technological advances. Who can proffer an acceptable pragmatic solutions to this perennial problem? Time will tell

How exactly did you connect the western region electoral violence with the pogrom that led to the civil war?
Re: INEC Declares Rivers Re-Run INCONCLUSIVE by Nobody: 9:48am On Mar 21, 2016
sweetgala:

I repeat this is not the failure of INEC but of the citizens of Rivers who preferred violence than to vote peacefully.

With all the military and police presence people still wanted to main and kill
Everyone has a share in the blame. How does one explain the result sheets provided by INEC without the name of the PDP? The violence was just unfortunate. There was little the people could have done to stop it.
Re: INEC Declares Rivers Re-Run INCONCLUSIVE by sweetgala(m): 9:52am On Mar 21, 2016
BekeeBuAgbara:
Are the people of Rivers state also responsible for Kogi and Bayelsa inconclusive elections?

Bayelsa and rivers people are both animals who preferred to use violence during an election. Kogi election was not marked by violence, both of us know the Kogi dabacle is one of political confusion rather than electoral fraud
Re: INEC Declares Rivers Re-Run INCONCLUSIVE by sweetgala(m): 9:53am On Mar 21, 2016
tinsel:

Mistake in the report. Only 9 state declared.

Okay that may be more accurate. Still not far off
Re: INEC Declares Rivers Re-Run INCONCLUSIVE by Nobody: 9:54am On Mar 21, 2016
ifyan:

That is why we are not ready to move forward.

Believe me most people that voted him, vote based on sentiment or emotion or tribe etc.

And if they had used their brains, they would have voted for who and on what indices?
Re: INEC Declares Rivers Re-Run INCONCLUSIVE by wilcox(m): 9:55am On Mar 21, 2016
poseidon12:

I would not blame INEC but the incompetent federal government that cannot provide security for INEC to do its job.
INEC, is heavily compromised. Are they supposed to do the bid of anybody or discharge their constitutional duty? But in this case, it is the security that tells them (INEC officials) where to go and where not to go after collation of results. Is too bad that an election will take place and the results will be diverted into personal hotel rooms and private homes of a particular individual. Is a shame and all party involved must be blamed and cautioned.

1 Like

Re: INEC Declares Rivers Re-Run INCONCLUSIVE by Jilo83(m): 9:55am On Mar 21, 2016
Thank God its now inconclusive election not like Rigging n declaration of fake/false result.........
Re: INEC Declares Rivers Re-Run INCONCLUSIVE by ajebuter(f): 9:57am On Mar 21, 2016
Under GEJ

INEC conducted elections with police and even Civil Defence Corps

And it was moderately peaceful with minimal bloodshed

But now? No one is even talking about police, much less Civil Defence

Even with eight thousand armed soldiers

Elections are massively rigged, declared inconclusive,causality running into scores and dead bodies littering everywhere..

Who did we offend in this country for goodness sake?

1 Like

Re: INEC Declares Rivers Re-Run INCONCLUSIVE by wilcox(m): 9:59am On Mar 21, 2016
sweetgala:

INEC did not fail , the people of Rivers who should be the ultimate defenders of their right to vote did.

INEC with all purpose put together all their resources but when the governor, his opponents and every single citizen sees the election as a chance to physically express their opinion though violence that is a problem.

How come the people in Lagos vote in peace , in Kogi with more citizens they voted in relative peace less than 4 months ago but the fish brains in rivers turn election into a bloodbath.

It's now I agree with Ameachi that their are too many criminals in that state and the provision of Amnesty has only monetised the franchise of violence and terrorism.
NEC, is heavily compromised. Are they supposed to do the bid of anybody or discharge their constitutional duty? But in this case, it is the security that tells them (INEC officials) where to go and where not to go after collation of results. Is too bad that an election will take place and the results will be diverted into personal hotel rooms and private homes of a particular individual. Is a shame and all party involved must be blamed and cautioned. as for Amaechi, let's not talk about him, he's entitled to his opinion as regard the amnesty, we all know the rule everyone is playing in this violence that has taken over Rivers state and we shall all voice out at the appropriate time.
Re: INEC Declares Rivers Re-Run INCONCLUSIVE by Reference(m): 10:02am On Mar 21, 2016
Can we now see why it was important that Jonathan acted a statesman and let the system work. It is when there is war you appreciate peace. He remains the best president to date simply because he put Nigeria ahead of himself knowing that what will follow could land him in jail for his wrongs but considered it was not 'worth the....'
Re: INEC Declares Rivers Re-Run INCONCLUSIVE by Johnrake69: 10:02am On Mar 21, 2016
modath:

You are insincere (as it's obtainable within people of your mind set) so it will be foolhardy to ask you to to present just one great impact that the administration of the IB had on the lives of Nigerians..

Making a few billionaires, giving even fewer a couple of millions under youwin to pursue their own personal dreams(loss to nigerians) are not dividends of democracy.... & for the love of God, oil was selling at give or take $100 + - but everytime we ask, Anonimi will assault with pic & claim Amaechi held his hands!!

All you people wail about propaganda, like other people don't have a choice of choosing who they want as leaders, must everyone vote for your preferred candidate? Hero lost cos he was ineffectual, let matters be!!!...

You people always find a way to attribute any wrong in your lives to the man, when supreme court gave judgment the way they saw fit, you people claimed he was "powerless", Wike & Amaechi kept making incinedary comments that have prompted a violent election, now it's PMB's fault? Abeg swerve

No ne is asking you people to stop lamenting, pls kontinu, na una go taya last last!!!!

I believe the GEJ administration should have done better than they did but, that can't take away the fact that he made notable contribution to our development. The propaganda against his government by the opposition did us more harm than good cos right now we don't even know the true state of things. Buhari came in and said he met empty treasury buh from the empty treasury he saw billions to bail out the same state governors that stood against GEJ's sovereign wealth fund initiatives, and demanded that the excess crude fund should be shared to the last cent. Mind you the same GEJ built more roads than any other administration according to Fashola. Increased minimum wage from #9,000 to #18,000. Increased Nysc allawe from #9800 to #19800. Built 12 new federal universities and several pre tertiary schools unlike OBJ that ruled us for 8years and built Bell University for himself. Created various opportunities for the Nigerian youths from the presidential scholarship to youwin and surep. Brought down the price of fertilizer which led to increased food output in the nation.The name calling shouldn't be. Till date no court of competent jurisdiction has found GEJ guilty of anything.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I’m Discouraged After Last Week’s Visit To Buhari­ – Bakare / Nigerians Can Now Spot The Difference Between APC And PDP — Mark / Why We Postponed Declaration Of Niger Delta As A Territory – Niger Delta Militan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.