Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,407 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:41 PM

Official Statement From Queens College Management + The Protest Ongoing*Photos* - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Official Statement From Queens College Management + The Protest Ongoing*Photos* (32206 Views)

The Situation In Queens College Is A Public Health Emergency -chidi Odinkalu / Another Protest Ongoing At FUTO In Owerri (Photos) / Parent Reporting Queens College Management For Coverup Of Child Molestation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Statement From Queens College Management + The Protest Ongoing*Photos* by Nobody: 4:35pm On Mar 21, 2016
"My daughter is in JSS2, second term at Queen’s College. During their visiting day in first term she complained to me that there is an Integrated Science teacher, Mr Oshifala who has been harrassing her and some other students. I asked her if the man had touched her and she said no, he only tells them that they are looking beautiful and he wants to marry them. I dismissed her complaints as typical compliments from a teacher."

I said it at the time what sort of parent disnisses such if indeed he said it as typical comments from a teacher. We must understand not all accusations are true and some parents (and indeed families )have issues.

From everything I have heard I'm inclined to side with the teacher

1 Like

Re: Official Statement From Queens College Management + The Protest Ongoing*Photos* by keni: 4:36pm On Mar 21, 2016
holyfather:

grin Wait a minute,this is KENI defending SENI. cheesy
Is somebody else seeing what I'm seeing here? undecided
I didnt defend him, I only agreed with him. Explain what you are seeing and lets see if it makes sense
Re: Official Statement From Queens College Management + The Protest Ongoing*Photos* by Nobody: 4:37pm On Mar 21, 2016

1 Like

Re: Official Statement From Queens College Management + The Protest Ongoing*Photos* by Donpressman(m): 4:39pm On Mar 21, 2016
daretodiffer:
I was the student he molested
shocked

1 Like

Re: Official Statement From Queens College Management + The Protest Ongoing*Photos* by lantres000(m): 4:39pm On Mar 21, 2016
bigrich911:
I HAVE KNOWN SENI ( MY GODDAM TEACHER, MY FUCKING TEACHER) SINCE MY LESSON DAYS, HE IS JOVIAL AND PLAYFUL, EVEN BACK THEN OVER 20 YEARS AGO, THERE WAS NEVER A CASE AGAINST HIM. I DOUBT HE IS GUILTY

People do change

2 Likes

Re: Official Statement From Queens College Management + The Protest Ongoing*Photos* by ferhyntorlah(f): 4:40pm On Mar 21, 2016
martyns303:

For laugh:: why are all the students wearing an exact type of sandal?
You noticed that too?

1 Like

Re: Official Statement From Queens College Management + The Protest Ongoing*Photos* by Nobody: 4:40pm On Mar 21, 2016
Donpressman:
shocked

tongue

I don't have your time today

Go meet your mama
Re: Official Statement From Queens College Management + The Protest Ongoing*Photos* by doncheks: 4:41pm On Mar 21, 2016
daretodiffer:

He doesn't need to molest to be a pervert.

Many people here have recounted their experiences. Did you miss any of those?

He is not fit to be a teacher.

If you have a personal experience,kindly come forward and stop hiding behind social media.
This story is trending and yet not one parent has approached the school on the issue.
The Principally and her predecessors have given the man a clean bill of health.He was even voted the best teacher in the school with numerous awards to his name.

From your statement, I can deduce that he doesn't have to molest a student to be a pervert,he only has to teach biology, which we understand is a very sensitive subject.

1 Like

Re: Official Statement From Queens College Management + The Protest Ongoing*Photos* by lantres000(m): 4:42pm On Mar 21, 2016
My Only Take on this is Why is the Teacher the chosen one to be Blackmailed. No smoke without fire

5 Likes

Re: Official Statement From Queens College Management + The Protest Ongoing*Photos* by ojuolu(m): 4:43pm On Mar 21, 2016
dustydee:

She complained to the school and when she didn't get a satisfactory answer resorted to social media
hmmm, did you read the official release from the school? The principal, the vice principal, the chairperson PTA all said there was no official complaint or report from any parent or student. They all confirmed the sources to be the rumour mill. If the constituted claimed no report received, who did the mother report to?can she come out and make her case official with proof? Or she can as well report to the police for proper investigation.
Re: Official Statement From Queens College Management + The Protest Ongoing*Photos* by Nobody: 4:44pm On Mar 21, 2016
doncheks:

If you have a personal experience,kindly come forward and stop hiding behind social media.
This story is trending and yet not one parent has approached the school on the issue.
The Principally and her predecessors have given the man a clean bill of health.He was even voted the best teacher in the school with numerous awards to his name.

From your statement, I can deduce that he doesn't have to molest a student to be a pervert,he only has to teach biology, which we understand is a very sensitive subject.

Did you read my whole post?

Quote me again when you have read and understood [b] all [/b]what I have written.
Re: Official Statement From Queens College Management + The Protest Ongoing*Photos* by mbhs139(m): 4:45pm On Mar 21, 2016
martyns303:
After seeing this I have no regrets whatsoever on my initial stand, I am not a jury but I believe in a fair hearing.

Of all the placards, one in particular is worth noticing. The one that says "no mother, no daughter, no case". Now lets assume you are a mother and someone molest your daughter, what would you do? Go write an anonymous letter on a blog?

From the previous thread it was obvious that the man is an exceptional teacher, one student with a placard says if he goes, so do the A's which is why the school management wouldn't want to let go of him, he's an asset.

Nonetheless I hope this matter is properly investigated, if I were a father I wouldn't want my daughter to be in such a situation. So let the authorities look into this, and I hope the school management did not put the students up for this.

Lalasticlala

It was a rainy day in Lagos today, that's what we wear whenever it rains in Lagos... It is called 'treckers'. You can as well use it to replicate Moses as you look for the promise land, especially when those girls don use their transport fare buy 'ofio' for Sabo.

1 Like

Re: Official Statement From Queens College Management + The Protest Ongoing*Photos* by holyfather(m): 4:45pm On Mar 21, 2016
keni:

I didnt defend him, I only agreed with him. Explain what you are seeing and lets see if it makes sense
Okay,you did agree with him and not defend.
And what's with the "eni" rhyme in both names? wink

grin grin
I put it to you that you are either the same or you have something in common.
grin grin
Re: Official Statement From Queens College Management + The Protest Ongoing*Photos* by Latua(m): 4:48pm On Mar 21, 2016
There is need for a thorough investigation to be carried out by external bodies.because I assumed the protest was stage to confused the masses.And there is no smoke without fire and according to what was written such complaints have been going through all the era of successful principals.

1 Like

Re: Official Statement From Queens College Management + The Protest Ongoing*Photos* by doncheks: 4:48pm On Mar 21, 2016
I quoted you in full and you are asking if I read your post.
Re: Official Statement From Queens College Management + The Protest Ongoing*Photos* by professore(m): 4:51pm On Mar 21, 2016
neocortex:

Another MR SENI spotted
I don't understand why u can't understand my post.
Re: Official Statement From Queens College Management + The Protest Ongoing*Photos* by amtaken(f): 4:53pm On Mar 21, 2016
No. Some other things.

neocortex:

Accused of abusing underage kids ?
Re: Official Statement From Queens College Management + The Protest Ongoing*Photos* by blackboy(m): 4:54pm On Mar 21, 2016
The management of this school needs overhauling. A big shame.
1. Notice the cards seem to have been written by the same person.
2. The students are not passionatly protesting but with their hands in front of them clamped (some od them ). Tellls its organized by the teachers.

If there was a mother and a daughter, so you think the daughter will nt have been expelled.

The accused teacher should be redeployed or suspended till a complete inveatigation takes place instead of organizing fake kangaroo protests!!

Shame , Shame using these girls for such.

6 Likes

Re: Official Statement From Queens College Management + The Protest Ongoing*Photos* by Richard2010(m): 5:06pm On Mar 21, 2016
kay29000:

How do you know he is a pervert? Has he molested you or anyone you know before?
Good question
Re: Official Statement From Queens College Management + The Protest Ongoing*Photos* by darkhorizon: 5:07pm On Mar 21, 2016
I know Mr. Seni. He taught me chemistry and biology at Unihall academy,akoka. He is the only one to have taught me chemistry to my understanding,he is a good teacher,a good man. To the molestation part,its all about maturity,and beign real and straight,he doesnt molest,although he plays a lot in class and all,he is a religious married man. And contrary to the belief that he stays in Q.C,he lives around Ikeja axis. He is my close teacher. Nobody does it like Olaseni. #IstandwithMr.Seni

1 Like

Re: Official Statement From Queens College Management + The Protest Ongoing*Photos* by uruego(f): 5:07pm On Mar 21, 2016
is he the only biology teacher in town? the students has been dragged into this, if he is good at what he does as he claims, does that give him the audacity to molest these children?
Re: Official Statement From Queens College Management + The Protest Ongoing*Photos* by uruego(f): 5:10pm On Mar 21, 2016
suspend him till investigation is concluded. I fear for my daughter who is a student in Qc

1 Like

Re: Official Statement From Queens College Management + The Protest Ongoing*Photos* by Charly68: 5:11pm On Mar 21, 2016
The management is wrong to involve the students on this matter..Possibly the man is brilliant and hard working but the proffesional assault allegation against his person is another..it must be investigated not withstanding the students protest..o believed he is not the only teacher in the school so why would a parent singled him out for accusation ?
Re: Official Statement From Queens College Management + The Protest Ongoing*Photos* by baser02(m): 5:22pm On Mar 21, 2016
let us keep our fingers crossed and wait for the result of the school investigation.if he is guilty he should face the music mehn
Re: Official Statement From Queens College Management + The Protest Ongoing*Photos* by EDIPO(m): 5:36pm On Mar 21, 2016
How come the handwriting on all the placards is the same?

There's a need for the mother to come up and put a face to this story flying around.

I have a daughter in queens college and I can bet on my life, if she comes up with such allegation, I'll be the first person in school the next morning to talk to my daughter right in front of the school heads.
I won't resort to blogs and faceless letters.

Let's think as parents and not be carried away with the things are so bad vibes.

This, on the other hand could've happened, but there are basic elements needed to verify the correctness of the story. One, is a face. Who is the mum and the daughter. She doesn't even have a name? What class, hostel?

There must be common sense well ahead of emotions.

My thoughts..
Re: Official Statement From Queens College Management + The Protest Ongoing*Photos* by muzzol: 5:39pm On Mar 21, 2016
The problem with Nigeria is that we give judgement before investigation........why is the school averse to proper investigation and if i may ask, why is the so called press release not on the school website as claimed.

Meanwhile, why are the students hiding their faces? The PTA Chairman made a great error trying to use reverse psychology to prove her defence, what implication of her being a Benin woman to saying the truth? is truth based on your background/ethnic base? please....

1 Like

Re: Official Statement From Queens College Management + The Protest Ongoing*Photos* by Irore: 5:42pm On Mar 21, 2016
martyns303:
After seeing this I have no regrets whatsoever on my initial stand, I am not a jury but I believe in a fair hearing.

Of all the placards, one in particular is worth noticing. The one that says "no mother, no daughter, no case". Now lets assume you are a mother and someone molest your daughter, what would you do? Go write an anonymous letter on a blog?

From the previous thread it was obvious that the man is an exceptional teacher, one student with a placard says if he goes, so do the A's which is why the school management wouldn't want to let go of him, he's an asset.

Nonetheless I hope this matter is properly investigated, if I were a father I wouldn't want my daughter to be in such a situation. So let the authorities look into this, and I hope the school management did not put the students up for this.

Lalasticlala

Envy or is Jealousy the most appropriate word? for a man who has being winning awards due to his dedication to duty. The school authority I believe know the foe within more so when this is not the first time. Damn the consequence and expose the person that wants to pull Osifala down.
Re: Official Statement From Queens College Management + The Protest Ongoing*Photos* by lordmans(m): 5:46pm On Mar 21, 2016
From my own angle I think both party should be given fair hearing before jumping to conclusions based on assumptions.

It is possible for young girls to have a dangerous crush on men out of their league. I once had an experience as ss3 student staying with a cousin. There was this pretty girl barely a teenager but with rapid growth, who also happened to be my cousin's landlord granddaughter. She had serious crush on me. Sometimes she would barge into my apartment indecently dressed. When i had rebuffed all her moves the whole thing turned to hatred. She would always hissed whenever I passed and she didnt hide her burning hatred for me. I quickly went into a relationship with an older cousin of hers who was also an ss3 student from another school in festac. Had she been bold enough to frame me even in one of those her attempts at catching my attentions only God could have known my innocence.

There had been cases of girls raising false allegation against innocent guys in the past. Dont let us be so quick to forget the girl whose picture was syndicate on whatsapp by a guy and she claimed she was raped before investigations proved otherwise.

Girls know if they lay allegation the world always believe their words against the man's, and thats why many of them exploit this. Let us be careful the way we go about this. If the school had actually arranged a cover up it will not take long before the truth will come to limelight.

And regarding the handwriting, in most demonstrations and protests the guy or girl with the good handwriting or better ideas on what to express does most of the write-up and I dont think that is criminal. If any of u guys was a student and partook in aluta u wil understand what i'm talking about. Look back at those days.

2 Likes

Re: Official Statement From Queens College Management + The Protest Ongoing*Photos* by highbeeola(m): 5:51pm On Mar 21, 2016
rita25:
SEE WHAT MY PRESTIGIOUS ALMA MATA HAS TURNED INTO? QC USED TO BE A SCH WITH CLASS NW WE HAVE STUDENTS TAKING TO THE STREET WITH PLACARDS............................ITS ALL GOOD
It Change my sister.
Re: Official Statement From Queens College Management + The Protest Ongoing*Photos* by Nobody: 5:53pm On Mar 21, 2016
there seems to be a cover up,the management felt that exposing the teacher will create a negative image for the school but they forget that one day this same event will occur and there wont be any opportunity to hide it again.Every reasonable parent should understand that such dastard act exists in that college,the students are already murmuring,he is not the only good teacher if he is good he should be lecturing in the university there are other good teachers,Mrs principal call a spade a spade we know your antics.we all are blaming politicians but look at what you are doing,accept the blame

1 Like

Re: Official Statement From Queens College Management + The Protest Ongoing*Photos* by IYANGBALI: 5:54pm On Mar 21, 2016
him pleek don sweet dem,dey all gbadun am pass honey grin grin grin grin grin

lalasticlala wetin happen you never ban me for almost a week now?na psalm 91 wey i read dey work o grin

1 Like

Re: Official Statement From Queens College Management + The Protest Ongoing*Photos* by IYANGBALI: 5:58pm On Mar 21, 2016
lantres000:

People do change
it is true. I used to be a virgin before but now i have changed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU / Which Is The Most Used English Word On Nairaland For 2017? / Parents To Withdraw Children From Madonna University Over Students’ Detention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.