Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,738 members, 7,809,827 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:36 PM

For Couples And Those About To Get Married - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / For Couples And Those About To Get Married (2812 Views)

Couple Get Married Two Months After Meeting Each Other. See Photos / See What Happened To This Couples And Their Twins (photo) / For Couples And Those About To Get Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

For Couples And Those About To Get Married by ThuGnificenX: 3:43pm On Mar 23, 2016
FOR COUPLES AND THOSE ABOUT TO GET MARRIED

FOR OUR MEN:

Carry your wife to the bed when she sleeps off in the sitting room, make her feel like a baby at times. The truth is, every woman wants to be treated like a 2yrs old girl at times, that's why women behave childish or silly at times.
You may have an argument with your wife and the next thing is that you will see her putting her bags outside the house, it doesn't mean she is asking for a divorce, she is just being childish, she simply wants you to hold her, look her in the eyes and say "I am sorry for the argument".

That's women for you. Every brother needs to study in the university of women before getting married, read books about them, learn what the Bible says about them and you will hardly have a problem with them.
Though there may still be some challenges, because you're both from different background and your imperfections are bound to stand.
So, read books about marriage, an ideal home, child upbringing, importance of marriage and the likes. Don't just jump into marriage with an empty head about matrimony, you will have problems.

How many men can tolerate their wives nagging let alone shouting? It's said that, you should be quiet when your spouse is angry, when one person is fire, the other person should be water.
Brothers, when your wife steps on your feet intentionally or mistakenly, don't let your eyes turn red, just smile at her, if she did it intentionally, she is just playing with you, if she did it mistakenly, its not her fault. So why shout at her over every small mistake?

As a man learn to ignore some things, don't be petty. Some men are feminist; Do "hide and seek" with your wife, sing poems for your wife in the garden or inside the house, even if she is teasing you.
Assist her in the house chores, pound yam, fetch water, don't make her look like your maid. Bathe together, wake her up for prayers, swim with her if it's available, cook together, teach her how to cook if she doesn't know how to cook. Cooking is not the ticket to Paradise. It's not only a feminine duty.
Use blind folds to cover her eyes and tickle her, scare her at times, call her from work/ school, text her, write "I love you" in a small note and put it under her pillow or in her purse or in her bathroom or in her cosmetics box or inside her cupboard. Kiss her always, cuddle her, pamper her and play with her hair. Always tell her, she's beautiful and that you're happy to have her as your partner.

All these are part of being romantic...When a woman tells you that you are not romantic. It means you are not doing all these things, its not the romance in the bedroom she is talking about. That's why, you brothers have to study "women's language" it's a 10 year course.

FOR LADIES:

It is part of your duty to be romantic too. Your shyness shouldn't get to your marital life and that doesn't mean you should be shy to express your love to your husband.

Send sweet text messages to your husband at work, sometimes even if you are in the room discussing with your husband, still be chatting with him on social media (Facebook, Whatsapp, Viber, Imo, bbm etc) even though he is right in front of you, it's fun and romantic! Discuss how lovely he is on your facebook timeline, this will trip him a lot.
You should be chatting with your husband, not other men on social media networks.

Buy flowers for him. When eating, give him the biggest meat. At times, bake cake for him to surprise him. Ladies, use your soft voice to sing for him, be creative, a poem like (twinkle, twinkle lovely spouse, how I wonder what you are, up above my world so high, like a diamond in my heart).
Sing poems for him, no shyness is allowed. Don't just be welcoming your husband with an angry face because there is no money in the house, God is our provider. Don't welcome your husband with your body smelling maggi, don't only play with your husband when he receives his salary.

Welcome him with a warm hug always, and when he is going to work, pray to God to keep him safe and for him to be successful. Support him, advise him, wipe his tears, be grateful to him, it's not easy to be a man, when you see his faith waxing cold, encourage him, don't threaten him that you will seek for divorce, don't compare him with other men, buy him gifts, wash his clothes, sing for him, praise him in a way that he wouldn't think of an alternative, be the best cook, wash his car if u have the time, dress him up, pamper him when he is sick.

Wake him with a peck and don't complain about his snoring habit.
Let kiss be the messenger between you. Read books on intimacy, don't learn it from what you see in movies..
Most of what you see there are not real. Call your husband pet names. Though you can also call him by his name even if he is 30yrs older than you, as far as he is comfortable with it.

Remember that, God said, men are the protectors and maintainers of women. So respect him and honour him even if he is younger than you. Marriage isn't a bed of roses but a bed of sacrifice. It's said that, there is nothing better for two people who love each other than marriage.
To fall in love is a disease and its cure is to marry the person one is in love with. Love is when you take away the feeling, the passion and the romance and you find out you still care for that person.

Finally, married men, divide your nights into 3: one for yourself (sleeping), one for your wife and one for your Lord.. That's the best night one can ever have.
LOVE MAKING IS ONLY FOR MARRIED PEOPLE. IF U CAN'T HOLD BACK, PLZ GET MARRIED.
I WISH YOU LOVE.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: For Couples And Those About To Get Married by halfricanadian(f): 3:46pm On Mar 23, 2016
can never happen with nigeeian men

Their own is to stock account with money nd find love outside

Love ur wife sounds like german to nigerian men

Before u bash me

Check ur environment nd b tru to ursef
Re: For Couples And Those About To Get Married by cruzita(f): 3:47pm On Mar 23, 2016
grin which naija man go do am
Re: For Couples And Those About To Get Married by seunlayi(m): 3:47pm On Mar 23, 2016
hope they will find time to read this rather than chatting away their life's

2 Likes

Re: For Couples And Those About To Get Married by ThuGnificenX: 3:47pm On Mar 23, 2016
halfricanadian:

Before u bash me

You look who open this topic before u comment? Eh
Re: For Couples And Those About To Get Married by Nobody: 3:48pm On Mar 23, 2016
OK...I'll skip this..I'm far beyond this epic moves of a couple cool
Re: For Couples And Those About To Get Married by halfricanadian(f): 3:48pm On Mar 23, 2016
ThuGnificenX:
You look who open this topic before u comment? Eh

undecided wats my own with who write am
Re: For Couples And Those About To Get Married by Nobody: 3:52pm On Mar 23, 2016
Wow!
Re: For Couples And Those About To Get Married by ThuGnificenX: 3:53pm On Mar 23, 2016
halfricanadian:

undecided wats my own with who write am
No worry... I Don repent... Not a bad boy again.....
Re: For Couples And Those About To Get Married by Nobody: 4:04pm On Mar 23, 2016
God bless you for this Op..... Those 1st and 2nd posters stylishly avoided the women part for obvious reasons!

1 Like

Re: For Couples And Those About To Get Married by Tallesty1(m): 4:20pm On Mar 23, 2016
halfricanadian:

Before u bash me

How many states in Nigeria have you been to and how many responsible men did you met in each state?

Re: For Couples And Those About To Get Married by Tallesty1(m): 4:22pm On Mar 23, 2016
cruzita:
grin which naija man go do am
There's something there for Nigeria women, don't be a hypocrite.

Appreciate the op for balancing his post.

1 Like

Re: For Couples And Those About To Get Married by halfricanadian(f): 4:27pm On Mar 23, 2016
Tallesty1:
How many states in Nigeria have you been to and how many responsible men did you met in each state?

Wateva u kno its tru only 2% do all wat op said
Re: For Couples And Those About To Get Married by Nobody: 5:57pm On Mar 23, 2016
I am almost okay with this, it's 98% there. But in the advice to men, it sounds a little bit like only women's actions can be childish and as the man you have to put up with it to make the marriage work. A little bit about how the husband and the wife can be immature and how to handle it respectfully/know when you as the wife or husband need to acknowledge you're making a mountain out of a molehill would be good.
But this is nice advice. Usually things like this make my head boil because they only give advice to the woman, even when the guy is in the wrong they don't tell him to change his ways, they tell the woman to bear with it to make the marriage work. And most advise tie the masculinity of men to being able to sit in the living room and watch football but never enter the kitchen or do anything in the house because you're the head of the house.

1 Like

Re: For Couples And Those About To Get Married by Nobody: 6:05pm On Mar 23, 2016
no vex o Bt op are you a Nigerian?
Re: For Couples And Those About To Get Married by majorbravo: 2:57am On May 11, 2016
[s]
ThuGnificenX:
FOR COUPLES AND THOSE ABOUT TO GET MARRIED

FOR OUR MEN:

Carry your wife to the bed when she sleeps off in the sitting room, make her feel like a baby at times. The truth is, every woman wants to be treated like a 2yrs old girl at times, that's why women behave childish or silly at times.
You may have an argument with your wife and the next thing is that you will see her putting her bags outside the house, it doesn't mean she is asking for a divorce, she is just being childish, she simply wants you to hold her, look her in the eyes and say "I am sorry for the argument".

That's women for you. Every brother needs to study in the university of women before getting married, read books about them, learn what the Bible says about them and you will hardly have a problem with them.
Though there may still be some challenges, because you're both from different background and your imperfections are bound to stand.
So, read books about marriage, an ideal home, child upbringing, importance of marriage and the likes. Don't just jump into marriage with an empty head about matrimony, you will have problems.

How many men can tolerate their wives nagging let alone shouting? It's said that, you should be quiet when your spouse is angry, when one person is fire, the other person should be water.
Brothers, when your wife steps on your feet intentionally or mistakenly, don't let your eyes turn red, just smile at her, if she did it intentionally, she is just playing with you, if she did it mistakenly, its not her fault. So why shout at her over every small mistake?

As a man learn to ignore some things, don't be petty. Some men are feminist; Do "hide and seek" with your wife, sing poems for your wife in the garden or inside the house, even if she is teasing you.
Assist her in the house chores, pound yam, fetch water, don't make her look like your maid. Bathe together, wake her up for prayers, swim with her if it's available, cook together, teach her how to cook if she doesn't know how to cook. Cooking is not the ticket to Paradise. It's not only a feminine duty.
Use blind folds to cover her eyes and tickle her, scare her at times, call her from work/ school, text her, write "I love you" in a small note and put it under her pillow or in her purse or in her bathroom or in her cosmetics box or inside her cupboard. Kiss her always, cuddle her, pamper her and play with her hair. Always tell her, she's beautiful and that you're happy to have her as your partner.

All these are part of being romantic...When a woman tells you that you are not romantic. It means you are not doing all these things, its not the romance in the bedroom she is talking about. That's why, you brothers have to study "women's language" it's a 10 year course.

FOR LADIES:

It is part of your duty to be romantic too. Your shyness shouldn't get to your marital life and that doesn't mean you should be shy to express your love to your husband.

Send sweet text messages to your husband at work, sometimes even if you are in the room discussing with your husband, still be chatting with him on social media (Facebook, Whatsapp, Viber, Imo, bbm etc) even though he is right in front of you, it's fun and romantic! Discuss how lovely he is on your facebook timeline, this will trip him a lot.
You should be chatting with your husband, not other men on social media networks.

Buy flowers for him. When eating, give him the biggest meat. At times, bake cake for him to surprise him. Ladies, use your soft voice to sing for him, be creative, a poem like (twinkle, twinkle lovely spouse, how I wonder what you are, up above my world so high, like a diamond in my heart).
Sing poems for him, no shyness is allowed. Don't just be welcoming your husband with an angry face because there is no money in the house, God is our provider. Don't welcome your husband with your body smelling maggi, don't only play with your husband when he receives his salary.

Welcome him with a warm hug always, and when he is going to work, pray to God to keep him safe and for him to be successful. Support him, advise him, wipe his tears, be grateful to him, it's not easy to be a man, when you see his faith waxing cold, encourage him, don't threaten him that you will seek for divorce, don't compare him with other men, buy him gifts, wash his clothes, sing for him, praise him in a way that he wouldn't think of an alternative, be the best cook, wash his car if u have the time, dress him up, pamper him when he is sick.

Wake him with a peck and don't complain about his snoring habit.
Let kiss be the messenger between you. Read books on intimacy, don't learn it from what you see in movies..
Most of what you see there are not real. Call your husband pet names. Though you can also call him by his name even if he is 30yrs older than you, as far as he is comfortable with it.

Remember that, God said, men are the protectors and maintainers of women. So respect him and honour him even if he is younger than you. Marriage isn't a bed of roses but a bed of sacrifice. It's said that, there is nothing better for two people who love each other than marriage.
To fall in love is a disease and its cure is to marry the person one is in love with. Love is when you take away the feeling, the passion and the romance and you find out you still care for that person.

Finally, married men, divide your nights into 3: one for yourself (sleeping), one for your wife and one for your Lord.. That's the best night one can ever have.
LOVE MAKING IS ONLY FOR MARRIED PEOPLE. IF U CAN'T HOLD BACK, PLZ GET MARRIED.
I WISH YOU LOVE.
[/s]

I doubt anyone read the whole thing. I sure didn't.

1 Like

Re: For Couples And Those About To Get Married by sundoj08(m): 3:46am On May 11, 2016
halfricanadian:

Before u bash me

I'm a Nigerian man and op's musings are sure not alien to me. On behalf of Nigerian men, we blatantly reject your opinion cheesy
Re: For Couples And Those About To Get Married by Nobody: 3:55am On May 11, 2016
Are you narrating a movie? grin grin grin cheesy
Re: For Couples And Those About To Get Married by misspicy(f): 5:31am On May 11, 2016
rokiatu:
Are you narrating a movie? grin grin grin cheesy
My exact thought grin

Be expecting this from a naija man,you are on a long thing cheesy
Re: For Couples And Those About To Get Married by Owliver(m): 5:42am On May 11, 2016
misspicy:

My exact thought grin

Be expecting this from a naija man,you are on a long thing cheesy
you people dont understand whats happening in naija. in an unfriendly economy you expect a man to think of all these trash and at the same time concentrate of discharging his manly duties? you lots are always trying to do what the society demands even at the espense of the man. shabi oyibo wey dey do all these don chop belle full

1 Like

Re: For Couples And Those About To Get Married by misspicy(f): 7:00am On May 11, 2016
Owliver:
you people dont understand whats happening in naija. in an unfriendly economy you expect a man to think of all these trash and at the same time concentrate of discharging his manly duties? you lots are always trying to do what the society demands even at the espense of the man. shabi oyibo wey dey do all these don chop belle full
we are saying the same thing brother

Any woman who expects all these in marriage is on a long thing,if it happens good and fine, if it doesn't,its not a do or die affair.

though some men are trying their best to keep the love In relationship/marriage going, their women are surely lucky to have them smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: For Couples And Those About To Get Married by Nobody: 9:01am On May 11, 2016
Owliver:
Even African men abroad are just romantically challenged.
Re: For Couples And Those About To Get Married by Owliver(m): 9:37am On May 11, 2016
rokiatu:
you are a liar. but still funny buhahahaha
Re: For Couples And Those About To Get Married by Nobody: 9:40am On May 11, 2016
HA lol.. this is so on point but ehmmmm for this our obodo Naija grin grin grin grin
Highly doubt, our men are too egocentric in nature.
Re: For Couples And Those About To Get Married by majorbravo: 1:37pm On May 14, 2016
rokiatu:

Its rather financial challenge. Even the African girls abroad be gold digging like they life depend on it. They don't respect romantic dudes, they ignore him till he shows the money. If African b*tch-type ladies showed interest in romance instead of money, African guys would change. Or don't you notice African guys don't seem to be romantically challenged to white ladies? You just gotta see one Rick Ross video to understand how African ladies view Romantic.

1 Like

Re: For Couples And Those About To Get Married by Nobody: 2:26pm On May 14, 2016
majorbravo:

Its rather financial challenge. Even the African girls abroad be gold digging like they life depend on it. They don't respect romantic dudes, they ignore him till he shows the money. If African b*tch-type ladies showed interest in romance instead of money, African guys would change. Or don't you notice African guys don't seem to be romantically challenged to white ladies? You just gotta see one Rick Ross video to understand how African ladies view Romantic.
roll eyes same old nonsense. Some of us still appreciate romance.

1 Like

Re: For Couples And Those About To Get Married by Nobody: 7:45am On May 15, 2016
majorbravo:

°•You just made it racial.
....It's not the color of a woman's skin but her attitude/perception.
Re: For Couples And Those About To Get Married by Nobody: 7:52am On May 15, 2016
Owliver:
°•That's understandable.
I want ta be taken ta nice places,an given romantic gifts but I do understand that that's not always possible.
....even here.
Re: For Couples And Those About To Get Married by Owliver(m): 8:04am On May 15, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
°•That's understandable.
I want ta be taken ta nice places,an given romantic gifts but I do understand that that's not always possible.
....even here.
what stops you from taking yourself to nice places or buy good stuffs for your self? angry

1 Like

Re: For Couples And Those About To Get Married by majorbravo: 8:05am On May 15, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
°•You just made it racial.
....It's not the color of a woman's skin but her attitude/perception.

Did you see what I was responding to?
Re: For Couples And Those About To Get Married by Nobody: 8:09am On May 15, 2016
Owliver:
what stops you from taking yourself to nice places or buy good stuffs for your self? angry
°•I want lots! grin
...Seriously, let's not pretend that this doesn't happen in relationships
...if you don't agree with, don't do it.

But why would you say it was the economy to the woman above if you don't wanna do it at all
Re: For Couples And Those About To Get Married by Nobody: 8:11am On May 15, 2016
majorbravo:

Did you see what I was responding to?
°•An you think that justifies it? grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Day The Fowl's Nyash Was Literally Opened (with Pics) / How Was Your First Sexual Experience / Manhood Not Working.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.