Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,244 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:57 AM

Why Mr Ayodele Dada Shouldn't Be Given A National Honour - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Mr Ayodele Dada Shouldn't Be Given A National Honour (47792 Views)

Ayodele Dada Honoured By House Of Reps (Photos) / UNILAG's Daniel-Dada Ayodele Gets N500,000 / Dada-Ayodele UNILAG's First Graduate With 5.0 CGPA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Mr Ayodele Dada Shouldn't Be Given A National Honour by alt3r3g0: 6:23pm On Mar 24, 2016
bettercreature:
I still can't figure how this guy scored 100% for 5 straight years
Its not possible in my book

70% is enough to achieve this feat. Does not have to be 100%. Granted its still commendable.

For everyone else bashing the OP...i believe the links below are the type he is referring to. Achievements that affect lives. Not where someone designs a crude plane that cant even move let alone fly and it makes front page. There was a time when it was a big deal for people that scored highest in jamb...then we dont hear anything about them.

http://www.takepart.com/article/2015/09/25/ebola-test-teenager

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFGLXJJ6Rxg
Re: Why Mr Ayodele Dada Shouldn't Be Given A National Honour by omonuhabi(m): 6:23pm On Mar 24, 2016
Dat him 5. From UNILAG na 2.1 for UI oo!

1 Like

Re: Why Mr Ayodele Dada Shouldn't Be Given A National Honour by layla129(f): 6:25pm On Mar 24, 2016
opeyemi361:
Guy, all I see in you is Jealousy. Olajumoke who is an illiterate got more recognition than this guy. You think it's easy. We Nigerians don't appreciate. Why not use that time to write a book and stop been jealous. Am sure you graduated with PASS. Enemy of progress
U think a dullard can compose what this guy just did? The only person that graduated with a certificate of attendance here is you!
Let him solve a national problem then will he deserve a national honour

2 Likes

Re: Why Mr Ayodele Dada Shouldn't Be Given A National Honour by thunder74(m): 6:25pm On Mar 24, 2016
don4real18:

Sorry bro, Too late... I will rather make money
No wonder you failed to appreciate what it takes to score 5.0. This is Nigeria where bread hawker, nudity and entertainment are celebrated and given houses, cars and endorsement. If our country must be great, we must celebrate achievements in education no matter how little.
On a lighter mood, what was your grade in school? I tried hard to get first class but could not. It means a lot to me and to lovers of quality success.

1 Like

Re: Why Mr Ayodele Dada Shouldn't Be Given A National Honour by barbaricman: 6:25pm On Mar 24, 2016
don4real18:

First, I wish to congratulate Mr Ayodele Dada for his academic milestone of which many have tried and many have fallen so he should keep his head held high even though he is not to first and certainly won't be the last.

I stumbled upon a writeup few days ago on how the writer says that Mr Dada deserves a national honour/award and his reason was obvious; The 5.0gpa.

And I became so confused because I thought the honour was given to those who have rendered service(s) to the benefit of the nation and after a research, I concluded that the writer alongside many others are ignorant of what the National Honour truly stands for............

Nigerian National Honours are a set of orders and decorations conferred upon Nigerians and friends of Nigeria every year. They were instituted by the National Honors Act No. 5 of 1964, during the First Nigerian Republic , to honour Nigerians who have rendered service to the benefit of the nation. The Nigerian National Honours, in descending order of importance, are:
*Grand Commander of the Order of the Federal
Republic (GCFR)
*Grand Commander of the Order of the Niger
(GCON)
*Commander of the Order of the Federal
Republic (CFR)
*Commander of the Order of the Niger (CON)
*Officer of the Order of the Federal Republic
(OFR)
*Officer of the Order of the Niger (OON)
*Member of the Order of the Federal Republic
(MFR)
*Member of the Order of the Niger (MON)

The GCFR and GCON are customarily respectively bestowed on former occupants of the office of President of Nigeria and Vice President of Nigeria including former military heads of state of Nigeria and Chiefs of General Staff. The GCON is also customarily bestowed on the Chief Justice of Nigeria and the President of the Nigerian Senate during their first year in office, while the CON is customarily bestowed on Justices of the Supreme Court of Nigeria (culled from Wikipedia)

Now, what does Mr Dada deserve?
Still the national honour or an applaud from the education lovers
His achievement is a benefit to himself and not the nation.
What did he do for his final year project?
Does it contribute to nation building?
Did he invent any mathematical theory?

There are many 2nd class, 3rd and many that didn't even attempt jamb but are contributing towards building the nation through the creation of job opportunities.

He should go out and prove himself and not become a burden on the nation just because of a degree that is not recognised in developed countries.

He has tried and I commend him but after school, life begins......... I wish him success
Bello Wahab O.
this 5.0gpa is a scam and this just shows how our educational system is deteriorating very fast.

you don't deserve any honour! go and practice what you read in real life and you will find out that you are the dumbest of all.

says the babaricman

1 Like

Re: Why Mr Ayodele Dada Shouldn't Be Given A National Honour by Ratuk: 6:25pm On Mar 24, 2016
adwem2003:
Go to school first and have 5.0. Then come back and write this thrash.
As if you would choose his position if you are presented with the choice of his or Buhari's

2 Likes

Re: Why Mr Ayodele Dada Shouldn't Be Given A National Honour by emmanuelkant77(m): 6:26pm On Mar 24, 2016
adwem2003:
Go to school first and have 5.0. Then come back and write this thrash.
so mekn a 5.0cgp deServes a national honour..... baba nawa Fr u o...soon dose dat made 4.9 wil strt clamoring fr dia own....educational achievement s veri d/f frm wats obtainable in real life bro....kudos to him on his personal achievementz,,until he does sumfn de whle nation benefits frm,,conferin him wt a national honour is quite denigratin to d reason fr de award
Re: Why Mr Ayodele Dada Shouldn't Be Given A National Honour by olsmade(m): 6:30pm On Mar 24, 2016
This is very on point and the fact that he is even being considered for a national honour (which i hope is false) is evidence that we have not gotten our priorities right. So what happens when another guy graduates with 5.0 (abi is it 7.0) from UI next year? He also gets an award? For what exactly? Getting 5.0 at the undergraduate level means you have been able to very successfully regurgitate what was taught to you. He has almost definitely not added to the body of knowledge in any way, shape or form. People get 4.0 (out of 4) on a yearly basis in several schools in the US and nobody thinks of giving them useless national honors. Schools and/or companies compete to hire them or enroll them in their post-graduate programs.

4 Likes

Re: Why Mr Ayodele Dada Shouldn't Be Given A National Honour by DeRay98(m): 6:31pm On Mar 24, 2016
Aigbofa:
Aki and Pawpaw got national awards but a fellow with a real achievement shouldn't?
The movie industry in Nigeria is one the biggest non-govt employer and income generating, earn Nigeria global firm with billions of foreign earnings for Nigeria and Aki &Paw have contributed a lot there. Hence, they have contributed immensely to the national development.
The 5.0 GPA earner hasn't done anything for national development except to earn himself a huge reputation.
He needs to use his capacity to add value to Nigeria and then he would have earned national honours.

2 Likes

Re: Why Mr Ayodele Dada Shouldn't Be Given A National Honour by emmanuelkant77(m): 6:31pm On Mar 24, 2016
don4real18:

..dnt mnd dat nigga,,,let him go n meet d likes of ifeanyi uba,,,den mst of dem wld realize dat skul is so so overhyped...sumtymz i wished i had stpped aftr ma ss3 n start hustlin fr dis m9ni,,by nw i wld ave bin a millionaire,,,n den go to any uni of ma choice,,erect one strng buildin lik dat n dey wil jus confer me wt any degree i want... though is nt stil late cux am stil simmering hot

don4real18:

..dnt mnd dat nigga,,,let him go n meet d likes of ifeanyi uba,,,den mst of dem wld realize dat skul is so so overhyped...sumtymz i wished i had stpped aftr ma ss3 n start hustlin fr dis m9ni,,by nw i wld ave bin a millionaire,,, though is nt stil late cux am stil simmering hot

1 Like

Re: Why Mr Ayodele Dada Shouldn't Be Given A National Honour by Nobody: 6:32pm On Mar 24, 2016
What is philosophy?when he studies a "real " program ,like Medicine or Engineering. I will give him my respect t
Re: Why Mr Ayodele Dada Shouldn't Be Given A National Honour by jostking: 6:33pm On Mar 24, 2016
Aigbofa:
Aki and Pawpaw got national awards but a fellow with a real achievemient shouldn't?

Aki n paw paw have contributed far more than a 5.0 paper certificate. Their contribution to d entertainment industry in Nigeria is great and has brought so much joy to millions of Africans n beyond.
Re: Why Mr Ayodele Dada Shouldn't Be Given A National Honour by alt3r3g0: 6:34pm On Mar 24, 2016
Aigbofa:

You are absolutely right but explain to us what Aki and Pawpaw did for Nigeria and humanity.

Blame Gej
Re: Why Mr Ayodele Dada Shouldn't Be Given A National Honour by Nobody: 6:35pm On Mar 24, 2016
octopusfreaky:
before i comment and get banned againHe didn't go well with that statement.. he needs toCtrl +del it..so much hatred to his fellow man.
A slap is more like it angry

A degree that is not recognised in developed countries

That guy is a hater.
Re: Why Mr Ayodele Dada Shouldn't Be Given A National Honour by Nobody: 6:35pm On Mar 24, 2016
DeRay98:

The movie industry in Nigeria is one the biggest non-govt employer and income generating, earn Nigeria global firm with billions of foreign earnings for Nigeria and Aki &Paw have contributed a lot there. Hence, they have contributed immensely to the national development.
The 5.0 GPA earner hasn't done anything for national development except to earn himself a huge reputation.
He needs to use his capacity to add value to Nigeria and then he would have earned national honours.

People like Herbert Ogunde and Eddy Ugboma were making movies in Nigeria long before either Aki or Pawpaw was born.

1 Like

Oahray:
You do have a point, but you seem to be subtly arguing that it isn't worth the recognition. Maybe that's not what you meant but that's how it sounds.

I had to do a double take at "he is not the first and he won't be the last."

Pray tell... Who in your family, nuclear or extended, dead or alive, has ever gotten a 5.0 CGPA from a Federal University?

If there isn't, check your neighbour's family.

If there isn't, shut the hell up!
grin grin grin
Re: Why Mr Ayodele Dada Shouldn't Be Given A National Honour by Nobody: 6:37pm On Mar 24, 2016
emmanuelkant77:
..dnt mnd dat nigga,,,let him go n meet d likes of ifeanyi uba,,,den mst of dem wld realize dat skul is so so overhyped...sumtymz i wished i had stpped aftr ma ss3 n start hustlin fr dis m9ni,,by nw i wld ave bin a millionaire,,,n den go to any uni of ma choice,,erect one strng buildin lik dat n dey wil jus confer me wt any degree i want... though is nt stil late cux am stil simmering hot

..dnt mnd dat nigga,,,let him go n meet d likes of ifeanyi uba,,,den mst of dem wld realize dat skul is so so overhyped...sumtymz i wished i had stpped aftr ma ss3 n start hustlin fr dis m9ni,,by nw i wld ave bin a millionaire,,, though is nt stil late cux am stil simmering hot

Ifeanyi can never write like this

School is for everyone but dropping out of school isn't.
Re: Why Mr Ayodele Dada Shouldn't Be Given A National Honour by Nobody: 6:38pm On Mar 24, 2016
jostking:

Aki n paw paw have contributed far more than a 5.0 paper certificate. Their contribution to d entertainment industry in Nigeria is great and has brought so much joy to millions of Africans n beyond.

In a country where some people are raising hell and calling themselves education is haram, a gentleman with a 5.0 GPA should get a national award.
Re: Why Mr Ayodele Dada Shouldn't Be Given A National Honour by layla129(f): 6:39pm On Mar 24, 2016
Aigbofa:

You are absolutely right but explain to us what Aki and Pawpaw did for Nigeria and humanity.
You should go and ask the clueless Jona that gave them the award. We can't continue making mistakes...we should learn from these developed countries we always want to run to.

1 Like

Re: Why Mr Ayodele Dada Shouldn't Be Given A National Honour by Nobody: 6:40pm On Mar 24, 2016
layla129:

You should go and ask the clueless Jona that gave them the award. We can't continue making mistakes...we should learn from these developed countries we always want to run to.

Thank you jare.
Re: Why Mr Ayodele Dada Shouldn't Be Given A National Honour by octopusfreaky(f): 6:40pm On Mar 24, 2016
alt3r3g0:

Blame Gej
lolzzz,,i support u on ds one..
Re: Why Mr Ayodele Dada Shouldn't Be Given A National Honour by emmanuelkant77(m): 6:42pm On Mar 24, 2016
opeyemi361:
Guy, all I see in you is Jealousy. Olajumoke who is an illiterate got more recognition than this guy. You think it's easy. We Nigerians don't appreciate. Why not use that time to write a book and stop been jealous. Am sure you graduated with PASS. Enemy of progress
if actually spewed dis thrash,,,den am afraid cux ur definitely de one who graduated wt a pass,,,,hw on earth is it reasonable to confer national award on one simply becuz he made 5.0,,,i jus hop is nt kerosene u hav up dia in ya brain

1 Like

Re: Why Mr Ayodele Dada Shouldn't Be Given A National Honour by flakydee(f): 6:43pm On Mar 24, 2016
Mr. Dada has done well and am proud of him. If u do well in anything u lay ur hands u deserve recognition &honour. All this bad belle people go & sleep.

1 Like

Re: Why Mr Ayodele Dada Shouldn't Be Given A National Honour by 3rdlegxxx(m): 6:44pm On Mar 24, 2016
Oahray:
You do have a point, but you seem to be subtly arguing that it isn't worth the recognition. Maybe that's not what you meant but that's how it sounds.

I had to do a double take at "he is not the first and he won't be the last."

Pray tell... Who in your family, nuclear or extended, dead or alive, has ever gotten a 5.0 CGPA from a Federal University?

If there isn't, check your neighbour's family.

If there isn't, shut the hell up!

Anthony Adegbulugbe achieved similar feat at Ife in the 70s having scored 5.0/5.0 Elect Elect
Re: Why Mr Ayodele Dada Shouldn't Be Given A National Honour by layla129(f): 6:47pm On Mar 24, 2016
daretodiffer:
A slap is more like it angry

A degree that is not recognised in developed countries

That guy is a hater.
That's just the truth. He can't do anything with that certificate in developed countries if he doesn't earn their own certificate in addition.
Re: Why Mr Ayodele Dada Shouldn't Be Given A National Honour by Obiwiz(m): 6:47pm On Mar 24, 2016
Drchristian:
these bush people envy yoruba people no be small after all the success they've got frm d attache by force..

frm

Nolly wood
Afrobeat
Education
Religion
Culture
e.t.c

i wonder what igbo people will be today without the yorubas
LOL. You may be right o. But with all the claims, why are many of you so filled with vitriol and venom when you hear these people talk of self-determination? Seriously, I can't relate these things. I expect you people to come out and say "please, let this people cease to be part of our country". That's how to show dignity.
Re: Why Mr Ayodele Dada Shouldn't Be Given A National Honour by Nobody: 6:49pm On Mar 24, 2016
repogirl:
Na jealousy be this o.

Thank you dear. I was also thinking the same thing. Those asking who him result don help are just being jealous and unreasonable.
Re: Why Mr Ayodele Dada Shouldn't Be Given A National Honour by anigbajumo(m): 6:50pm On Mar 24, 2016
I don't dispute he deserve national honour bt their is no compensation from his state of origin and even FG,it is out of sense,Are they not aware of it??

Fayose will rather cutting ponmo in market than celebrating achievement or encouraging success in academics.

Is not Easy with that score in this country with plenty of sadist Lectuters' in our universities.MTH 308 result was released yesterday over 150 students had "F" out of 220 students that sat for the exam.Immediately I saw 40E I quickly give thanks to God,and someone had been writing exams from 100L to 400L their is no "B" in his results.He deserve compensation, Recognition and financial support in other to be useful for his fatherland.

2 Likes

Re: Why Mr Ayodele Dada Shouldn't Be Given A National Honour by Majoo: 6:50pm On Mar 24, 2016
xender:
u have ur point..

bhu if u want 5.0 u can go and read.
If miss Unilag can be given brand new car for sexuality behavours I as a person I don't see what Bad if they can Hounour Mr Ayodele Dada for his Excellence

1 Like

Re: Why Mr Ayodele Dada Shouldn't Be Given A National Honour by emmanuelkant77(m): 6:51pm On Mar 24, 2016
daretodiffer:

Ifeanyi can never write like this

School is for everyone but dropping out of school isn't.
...i suppose u misunderstood d msg am tryin to pass across,,,am a no1 fan of education,,bt d way people lay so much emphasis on certs n skul is wat baffles me....i ve bin opportuned to watch graduates gt interviewd,,,guyz wt gud grades frm rputable skulz,,bt at d end none met de requirements....acquire skills,,educate yaself nt dat typ we get frm universities wia we act lik robots,,,wia 1hr after an exam u've forgotten virtually all dat u read....hw is dat education??....
Re: Why Mr Ayodele Dada Shouldn't Be Given A National Honour by daveP(m): 6:51pm On Mar 24, 2016
JeffreyJamez:
who 5.0 don help?......it defintiely didnt help him in paying his house rent...lol

it's a sweet news and I like his story, but sincerely, I think overall, he made the right cgpa under the wrong atmosphere called Nigerian education system!!
Re: Why Mr Ayodele Dada Shouldn't Be Given A National Honour by 3rdlegxxx(m): 6:52pm On Mar 24, 2016
Mekurexx:
Lol so what do you categorize as someone deserving to bag a national honour? what he needs is national recognition not some honour or whatever. Why compare Olajumoke and the guy? thats very shallow if you ask me. The best govt can do to the guy is fund any further studies or employ him in a good firm. The guy that designed the national flag and anthem we both and even this 5.0 gpa guy use till tomorrow, will you give him a national honour or recognition? Which has impacted the country more? sad

Nice one man, u made sense, over and over again, most of the comments i am reading here shows the low level of thinking and intelligence of the Nigerian youth, someone comparing him with olajumoke that she has more recognition, daft comment, shooting themselves in the leg, the topic is does he deserve the honours? No, does he deserve national recognition? yes with financial support or a scholarship for further studies and more.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Picture Of Python Killed In Osustech / Esther Eyiuche Uchendu Wins 2018 Young Scientist Award / 2013 Neco Timetable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.