Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,638 members, 7,827,358 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:02 AM

Why Mr Ayodele Dada Shouldn't Be Given A National Honour - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Mr Ayodele Dada Shouldn't Be Given A National Honour (47877 Views)

Ayodele Dada Honoured By House Of Reps (Photos) / UNILAG's Daniel-Dada Ayodele Gets N500,000 / Dada-Ayodele UNILAG's First Graduate With 5.0 CGPA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Mr Ayodele Dada Shouldn't Be Given A National Honour by Bhella5(m): 7:16pm On Mar 24, 2016
JeffreyJamez:

even abroad....MONEY is EVRYTHING......sit down and really think about it.
And the lack same leads to you commiting crime such as pushing drugs, armed robbery, human ritual etc abi?
Re: Why Mr Ayodele Dada Shouldn't Be Given A National Honour by Nobody: 7:19pm On Mar 24, 2016
3rdlegxxx:

lol, dear u sure took ur time analysing the way he sounded then cos i read it just twice and moved on, easy ooo cool

I read it once but I could taste it
Re: Why Mr Ayodele Dada Shouldn't Be Given A National Honour by lantessy(m): 7:20pm On Mar 24, 2016
Carlmax:
Please dear nairalanders: has there been any other graduate that made a perfect G. P in or from Nigeria. I need replies. Thanks.

Yes, but in Russia.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/08/celebrating-nigerian-genius-in-russian-medical-university/

1 Like

Re: Why Mr Ayodele Dada Shouldn't Be Given A National Honour by layla129(f): 7:21pm On Mar 24, 2016
jostking:

Go and ask what Rowan Atkinson aka Mr bean did to humanity to deserve an OBE from the queen. Its abt contribution in whatever form in your field.
So what field is Dada in?
Re: Why Mr Ayodele Dada Shouldn't Be Given A National Honour by KingRex1(m): 7:22pm On Mar 24, 2016
layla129:

You just don't understand his point do you?
I see you've stressed so much on us behavin like developed countries..

What actions do u think a developed country would take if her student graduates with a 5.0cgpa? They would sponsor nd fully utilize his potential! Bt see u nd the writer.. Myopic nigerians

#no offense
Re: Why Mr Ayodele Dada Shouldn't Be Given A National Honour by Jimi23(m): 7:22pm On Mar 24, 2016
But Aki and Pawpaw deserve National Honours? Appreciate a genius when you see one. The guy deserves to be appreciated even if he doesn't get awarded a NAtional Honour 5.0 CGPA na beans? Appreciating him will encourage students to be more focused on their studies and Nigeria may be able to boast of world class graduates not the dullards we have as graduates in almost every strata who have nearly ruined the country's economy because they lack the required level of intelligence and competence to work efficiently but got the jobs via "back door" recruitment like the current CBN illegal recruitment. We need geniuses like Dada to help Nigeria grow. The House Of Reps already showed him he is appreciated and offered some words of encouragement which is a step in the right direction. Thanks to Hon. Gbajabiamila.

1 Like

Re: Why Mr Ayodele Dada Shouldn't Be Given A National Honour by 3rdlegxxx(m): 7:24pm On Mar 24, 2016
daretodiffer:

I read it once but I could taste it

wow, ur badass once and u could taste it.. cool cool i am beginning to fear and suspect u, that means if u were my close friend and i do something wrong u go turn commando on me be that... embarassed ah ah u could taste it.. cheesy smiley
Re: Why Mr Ayodele Dada Shouldn't Be Given A National Honour by Nobody: 7:24pm On Mar 24, 2016
emmanuelkant77:
..dnt mnd dat nigga,,,let him go n meet d likes of ifeanyi uba,,,den mst of dem wld realize dat skul is so so overhyped...sumtymz i wished i had stpped aftr ma ss3 n start hustlin fr dis m9ni,,by nw i wld ave bin a millionaire,,,n den go to any uni of ma choice,,erect one strng buildin lik dat n dey wil jus confer me wt any degree i want... though is nt stil late cux am stil simmering hot

..dnt mnd dat nigga,,,let him go n meet d likes of ifeanyi uba,,,den mst of dem wld realize dat skul is so so overhyped...sumtymz i wished i had stpped aftr ma ss3 n start hustlin fr dis m9ni,,by nw i wld ave bin a millionaire,,, though is nt stil late cux am stil simmering hot

if you must know. Many millionaires and billionaires are still enrolled in universities.... learning. It's a continous process. You don't even know what it takes to make money, if you do, you won't put up this trash. The dude is still young and btw, you do not know his ambitions or his plan for his life. Why the sordid conclusion?
Re: Why Mr Ayodele Dada Shouldn't Be Given A National Honour by layla129(f): 7:24pm On Mar 24, 2016
KingRex1:
I see you've stressed so much on us behavin like developed countries..

What actions do u think a developed country would take if her student graduates with a 5.0cgpa? They would sponsor nd fully utilize his potential! Bt see u nd the writer.. Myopic nigerians

#no offense
Did you read what you wrote? "Sponsor and utilize his potential " not give him a national honour
Re: Why Mr Ayodele Dada Shouldn't Be Given A National Honour by spalletti(m): 7:25pm On Mar 24, 2016
layla129:

I don't knw why Nigerians always attach sentiment to issues and argue blindly. What he achieved is for his personal benefit although, we rejoice with him. What benefit does his 5.0cgpa have on Nigeria's economy? Or u pple dnt knw the meaning of a National honour?
we are on the same side ma'am.
Re: Why Mr Ayodele Dada Shouldn't Be Given A National Honour by Rexnegro(m): 7:26pm On Mar 24, 2016
don4real18:

First, I wish to congratulate Mr Ayodele Dada for his academic milestone of which many have tried and many have fallen so he should keep his head held high even though he is not to first and certainly won't be the last.

I stumbled upon a writeup few days ago on how the writer says that Mr Dada deserves a national honour/award and his reason was obvious; The 5.0gpa.

And I became so confused because I thought the honour was given to those who have rendered service(s) to the benefit of the nation and after a research, I concluded that the writer alongside many others are ignorant of what the National Honour truly stands for............

Nigerian National Honours are a set of orders and decorations conferred upon Nigerians and friends of Nigeria every year. They were instituted by the National Honors Act No. 5 of 1964, during the First Nigerian Republic , to honour Nigerians who have rendered service to the benefit of the nation. The Nigerian National Honours, in descending order of importance, are:
*Grand Commander of the Order of the Federal
Republic (GCFR)
*Grand Commander of the Order of the Niger
(GCON)
*Commander of the Order of the Federal
Republic (CFR)
*Commander of the Order of the Niger (CON)
*Officer of the Order of the Federal Republic
(OFR)
*Officer of the Order of the Niger (OON)
*Member of the Order of the Federal Republic
(MFR)
*Member of the Order of the Niger (MON)

The GCFR and GCON are customarily respectively bestowed on former occupants of the office of President of Nigeria and Vice President of Nigeria including former military heads of state of Nigeria and Chiefs of General Staff. The GCON is also customarily bestowed on the Chief Justice of Nigeria and the President of the Nigerian Senate during their first year in office, while the CON is customarily bestowed on Justices of the Supreme Court of Nigeria (culled from Wikipedia)

Now, what does Mr Dada deserve?
Still the national honour or an applaud from the education lovers
His achievement is a benefit to himself and not the nation.
What did he do for his final year project?
Does it contribute to nation building?
Did he invent any mathematical theory?

There are many 2nd class, 3rd and many that didn't even attempt jamb but are contributing towards building the nation through the creation of job opportunities.

He should go out and prove himself and not become a burden on the nation just because of a degree that is not recognised in developed countries.

He has tried and I commend him but after school, life begins......... I wish him success
Bello Wahab O.
If there's no national honour for such achievement then I concur with the op.
Re: Why Mr Ayodele Dada Shouldn't Be Given A National Honour by Ekakamba: 7:27pm On Mar 24, 2016
Aigbofa:
Aki and Pawpaw got national awards but a fellow with a real achievement shouldn't?
read the post 1more time, do a 10mins research on National Honour, Aki & Pawpaw (Nollywood) and quote me is you still really think they don't deserve it.

1 Like

Re: Why Mr Ayodele Dada Shouldn't Be Given A National Honour by Cyberbaze(m): 7:28pm On Mar 24, 2016
Drchristian:
these bush people envy yoruba people no be small after all the success they've got frm d attache by force..

frm

Nolly wood
Afrobeat
Education
Religion
Culture
e.t.c

i wonder what igbo people will be today without the yorubas
then Igbo people want to stay alone and see what they can be but u refused to let them go. Too much hatred is boiling in ur heart. Yoruba. That's y dey call u cowards
Re: Why Mr Ayodele Dada Shouldn't Be Given A National Honour by Nobody: 7:28pm On Mar 24, 2016
3rdlegxxx:

wow, ur badass once and u could taste it.. cool cool i am beginning to fear and suspect u, that means if u were my close friend and i do something wrong u go turn commando on me be that... embarassed ah ah u could taste it.. cheesy smiley

smiley smiley smiley

I am good at detecting tones or the psyche of a writer when I read

I make mistakes though but more often than not, I am right.
Re: Why Mr Ayodele Dada Shouldn't Be Given A National Honour by demzylahot(m): 7:30pm On Mar 24, 2016
Certifiedboss:

Nigerians are too quick to see haters . They listed the national honors and the people that fall on every category . If you call him hater then tell us which national Dada should be given
u r on point my nigga
Re: Why Mr Ayodele Dada Shouldn't Be Given A National Honour by Ekakamba: 7:32pm On Mar 24, 2016
repogirl:
Na jealousy be this o.
reminder: the author isn't against giving Dada scholarship or automatic employment but just National Honour.
Re: Why Mr Ayodele Dada Shouldn't Be Given A National Honour by Sylvester70(m): 7:34pm On Mar 24, 2016
since a rich person can get into the university without writing ethier jamb or apptitude test and still graduate without writing any exam,how is it not possible 4 someone to buy him/herself 5.0 we are talking of people out there making the country proud and u are here blabbing at an education system that u should be ashamed of.
Re: Why Mr Ayodele Dada Shouldn't Be Given A National Honour by Sylvester70(m): 7:35pm On Mar 24, 2016
since a rich person can get into the university without writing ethier jamb or apptitude test and still graduate without writing any exam,how is it not possible 4 someone to buy him/herself 5.0 CGPA we are talking of people out there making the country proud and u are here blabbing at an education system that u should be ashamed of.
Re: Why Mr Ayodele Dada Shouldn't Be Given A National Honour by 3rdlegxxx(m): 7:39pm On Mar 24, 2016
daretodiffer:

smiley smiley smiley

I am good at detecting tones or the psyche of a writer when I read

I make mistakes though but more often than not, I am right.

interesting, u do know ur talking to a psych..... right? daretoffer hmmmm ok oo noted and seen smiley
Re: Why Mr Ayodele Dada Shouldn't Be Given A National Honour by demzylahot(m): 7:39pm On Mar 24, 2016
I agree with Op jare
Re: Why Mr Ayodele Dada Shouldn't Be Given A National Honour by Nobody: 7:40pm On Mar 24, 2016
3rdlegxxx:

interesting, u do know ur talking to a psych..... right? daretoffer hmmmm ok oo noted and seen smiley

I noticed

Evaluate me tongue
Re: Why Mr Ayodele Dada Shouldn't Be Given A National Honour by eminent007(m): 7:43pm On Mar 24, 2016
gbens2000:
ok

Stupidity is when you quote a post that long only to comment "ok" undecided
Re: Why Mr Ayodele Dada Shouldn't Be Given A National Honour by 3rdlegxxx(m): 7:44pm On Mar 24, 2016
daretodiffer:

I noticed

Evaluate me tongue

lols, not right now, right now am about to get to my yardi, shower things and relaxing things then maybe time to evaluate some female specie of the human race..
Re: Why Mr Ayodele Dada Shouldn't Be Given A National Honour by jostking: 7:52pm On Mar 24, 2016
layla129:

So what field is Dada in?

Is 5.0 cgpa now a contribution to his field of philosophy?
Re: Why Mr Ayodele Dada Shouldn't Be Given A National Honour by Oahray: 7:54pm On Mar 24, 2016
3rdlegxxx:

Anthony Adegbulugbe achieved similar feat at Ife in the 70s having scored 5.0/5.0 Elect Elect
Thank you for pointing this out. I checked up on him. So tell me, why did his school give an award instead of telling him that he isn't the first in the world and he wouldn't be the last? Why honour him with an award when they could have told him to go out and prove himself first?

The average Nigerian is bitter and envious of the achievements of the next Nigerian. So many comments aimed at belittling his achievements.

Adegbulugbe went on to become great, so why the antagonism towards Dada? We aren't going anywhere with this kind of mindset.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Mr Ayodele Dada Shouldn't Be Given A National Honour by EdoBoy90(m): 8:01pm On Mar 24, 2016
To graduate with 2:1 is not easily let alone with first class @ d dot. I tried 2 graduate with 2:1,it was not easy 4 me though. He would hv tried that in mechanical or chemical engineering.
Re: Why Mr Ayodele Dada Shouldn't Be Given A National Honour by integrity16(m): 8:01pm On Mar 24, 2016
I couldn't agree more with the OP. Nice one.
Re: Why Mr Ayodele Dada Shouldn't Be Given A National Honour by brownemmanuel43(m): 8:08pm On Mar 24, 2016
tank u for ur write up. U see dis is our major problem in dis country, we worship paper more than anyting, yes he really really tried but does his performance impact anyting to the society, capital NO, and sometimes we dont know how to differentiate between someone dat is intellectual and someone wit someting upstair, i dont see any reason of giving him National Award or Honour, after all what is nigerian university grade in the world or africa

1 Like

Re: Why Mr Ayodele Dada Shouldn't Be Given A National Honour by emmanuelkant77(m): 8:21pm On Mar 24, 2016
majekdom2:
if you must know. Many millionaires and billionaires are still enrolled in universities.... learning. It's a continous process. You don't even know what it takes to make money, if you do, you won't put up this trash. The dude is still young and btw, you do not know his ambitions or his plan for his life. Why the sordid conclusion?
..bf u educate me on de nid fr learnin,,try n understand d rationale behnd wat i said,,i neva condemned learnin,,as a mata of fact i read evryday jus to increas ma knowledge,, bt u guyz seein bsc or gettin gud grades in d university as an end s wat i can't understnd,,,talkin abt knwin wat it teks to mek moni.lols..bro i wnt talk abt dat,,i'd jus rest ma case hia...

1 Like

Re: Why Mr Ayodele Dada Shouldn't Be Given A National Honour by Jumpovame: 8:23pm On Mar 24, 2016
Haters - go and change his CGPA to what you got during your days or change the result sheet to your name to get what you have failed to achieve so far.
Re: Why Mr Ayodele Dada Shouldn't Be Given A National Honour by maasoap(m): 8:28pm On Mar 24, 2016
don4real18:

First, I wish to congratulate Mr Ayodele Dada for his academic milestone of which many have tried and many have fallen so he should keep his head held high even though he is not to first and certainly won't be the last.

I stumbled upon a writeup few days ago on how the writer says that Mr Dada deserves a national honour/award and his reason was obvious; The 5.0gpa.

And I became so confused because I thought the honour was given to those who have rendered service(s) to the benefit of the nation and after a research, I concluded that the writer alongside many others are ignorant of what the National Honour truly stands for............

Nigerian National Honours are a set of orders and decorations conferred upon Nigerians and friends of Nigeria every year. They were instituted by the National Honors Act No. 5 of 1964, during the First Nigerian Republic , to honour Nigerians who have rendered service to the benefit of the nation. The Nigerian National Honours, in descending order of importance, are:
*Grand Commander of the Order of the Federal
Republic (GCFR)
*Grand Commander of the Order of the Niger
(GCON)
*Commander of the Order of the Federal
Republic (CFR)
*Commander of the Order of the Niger (CON)
*Officer of the Order of the Federal Republic
(OFR)
*Officer of the Order of the Niger (OON)
*Member of the Order of the Federal Republic
(MFR)
*Member of the Order of the Niger (MON)

The GCFR and GCON are customarily respectively bestowed on former occupants of the office of President of Nigeria and Vice President of Nigeria including former military heads of state of Nigeria and Chiefs of General Staff. The GCON is also customarily bestowed on the Chief Justice of Nigeria and the President of the Nigerian Senate during their first year in office, while the CON is customarily bestowed on Justices of the Supreme Court of Nigeria (culled from Wikipedia)

Now, what does Mr Dada deserve?
Still the national honour or an applaud from the education lovers
His achievement is a benefit to himself and not the nation.
What did he do for his final year project?
Does it contribute to nation building?
Did he invent any mathematical theory?

There are many 2nd class, 3rd and many that didn't even attempt jamb but are contributing towards building the nation through the creation of job opportunities.

He should go out and prove himself and not become a burden on the nation just because of a degree that is not recognised in developed countries.

He has tried and I commend him but after school, life begins......... I wish him success
Bello Wahab O.
What brought developed countries into your wailing now? It is Nigeria certificate, it is Nigeria honour. As much as I would like to agree with you, that bolded part clearly gave you away as hater because you have play down his achievement.

1 Like

Re: Why Mr Ayodele Dada Shouldn't Be Given A National Honour by ElCapone(m): 8:31pm On Mar 24, 2016
Drchristian:

Ode leleyi o..how did u learn Yoruba? u live there abi and u cannot leave there again..u need flogging or Lagoon 4 dis comment.

for ur information, in mile 12 attack, hausa killed more igbos than yoruba but ur people are not courageous enough to talk about it.

Mile 12 has been dealth with...cuz is closed down and not even one hausa dey there now so go and face ur hausa/fulani threat in you red mud cursed region and stop invading Yoruba lands that u love so much.
are u sure yhu a lady? Da way u gave dis deluded hediot a bloody nose was just too clinical.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

15 Hilarious Tweets By Nigerian Students As ASUU Calls Off Strike / Nigerian Man Who Makes Drones For US Army Bags His 6th Master's Degree. Photos / FG Probes 10 Varsities Over Fraud, Sex Scandals(see List)-daily Trust

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.