Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,099 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:28 AM

Can Spainish Student Visa Enable Me To Move Freely To Other Eu Countries? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Can Spainish Student Visa Enable Me To Move Freely To Other Eu Countries? (1972 Views)

Relocation Tips And Requirements For EU Countries! UK, Netherlands, Austria Etc. / Legal Hustling Immigrants In Italy And Othe EU Countries / Can The Holder Of Uk Visa Travel To Other Eu Countries? Like Schengen? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Spainish Student Visa Enable Me To Move Freely To Other Eu Countries? by surveyProf(m): 7:19am On Jul 24, 2009
Hello Fellow nairalanders, especially those in Spain and other EU countries, pls can my Spanish student Visa enable me to move to other parts of Europe? Pls i need your answers as i dont want to stay in Spain.
Re: Can Spainish Student Visa Enable Me To Move Freely To Other Eu Countries? by Davedavy: 1:07pm On Jul 24, 2009
Move as in long stay legally as a resident??or just  short stay from time to time?these are two different things.If you dont plan to stay in Spain,you will have to look for a way of legalizing your stay in any country you plan to move to as a resident  within the EU,moreover,you are allowed with your Spanish student visa to move freely within the shengen zone and stay in any shengen country for a period of 3 months legally.Which country are you looking at?cause not all the countries in EU are in shengen.
Re: Can Spainish Student Visa Enable Me To Move Freely To Other Eu Countries? by justwise(m): 2:12pm On Jul 24, 2009
Davedavy:

Move as in long stay legally as a resident??or just  short stay from time to time?these are two different things.If you dont plan to stay in Spain,you will have to look for a way of legalizing your stay in any country you plan to move to as a resident  within the EU,moreover,you are allowed with your Spanish student visa to move freely within the shengen zone and stay in any shengen country for a period of 3 months legally.Which country are you looking at?cause not all the countries in EU are in shengen.

U said it all, let me also add that, going with student visa and planing to move to another schengen zone is a big gamble, cos u can't work or stay more than 3months as Davedvy pointed out, UK is not part of schengen zone, Just think long and hard b4 doing that
Re: Can Spainish Student Visa Enable Me To Move Freely To Other Eu Countries? by surveyProf(m): 3:57pm On Jul 24, 2009
@ Davedavy, @ Justwise, thanks for ur contribution, i intend to finish the course and then move over to the Ireland or Norway, to legalise my stay, a friend was telling me that i can't travel outside Spain with student visa, that is while i'm asking, once again thanks for ur contribution, and hope to seek more advice soonest.
Re: Can Spainish Student Visa Enable Me To Move Freely To Other Eu Countries? by surveyProf(m): 3:58pm On Jul 24, 2009
@ Davedavy, @ Justwise, thanks for ur contribution, i intend to finish the course and then move over to the Ireland or Norway, to legalise my stay, a friend was telling me that i can't travel outside Spain with student visa, that is while i'm asking, once again thanks for ur contribution, and hope to seek more advice soonest.
Re: Can Spainish Student Visa Enable Me To Move Freely To Other Eu Countries? by danieljimoh(m): 4:48pm On Jul 24, 2009
Republic of Ireland is not a schengen country but norway is one of the schengen countries so am sure you need an irish visa to visit republic of ireland
Re: Can Spainish Student Visa Enable Me To Move Freely To Other Eu Countries? by Thor(m): 4:50pm On Jul 24, 2009
No angry

if you are going to study, why would you want to do that other than if your story is just a ploy to stay in Europe illegally?
Re: Can Spainish Student Visa Enable Me To Move Freely To Other Eu Countries? by surveyProf(m): 5:21pm On Jul 24, 2009
@ Daniel.Jimoh, i think Ireland is a schengen country, now they were formally under the British govt but break away to join the EU member states, now they're part of the schengen countries and they uses Euro. 2 of my brothers stays there then @ Thor, i have'nt said i want to go and live in europe illegally, i was only planning a visit to my brothers living in Dublin. Once again thanks for ur contributions.
Re: Can Spainish Student Visa Enable Me To Move Freely To Other Eu Countries? by Thor(m): 5:25pm On Jul 24, 2009
Since when has Ireland been formally under the British Government?

Normally if you travel by car and ferry to Ireland (Eire) they do not ask for a passport (If you are travelling from the UK mainland)

At the airport they always ask.
Re: Can Spainish Student Visa Enable Me To Move Freely To Other Eu Countries? by Davedavy: 5:47pm On Jul 24, 2009
Ireland is not a shengen state,therefore you need a visa to visit your brother in Dublin.Ireland and The UK have a common Travel area and the existence of this along with the UK's unwillingness to sign the Schengen Agreement, resulted in Ireland deciding not to join the Schengen Area too.Ireland will not join the shengen,except they are ready to abolish the common Travel area agreement.
Re: Can Spainish Student Visa Enable Me To Move Freely To Other Eu Countries? by surveyProf(m): 6:34pm On Jul 24, 2009
@ Thor and Davedavy, maybe i have to do my research very well, but my question is why is the Ireland using EURO as a medium of exchange, when they're not part of schengen states? Because i can confirm this: Thanks
Re: Can Spainish Student Visa Enable Me To Move Freely To Other Eu Countries? by surveyProf(m): 6:37pm On Jul 24, 2009
@ Thor and Davedavy, maybe i have to do my research very well, but my question is why is the Ireland using EURO as a medium of exchange, when they're not part of schengen states? Because i can confirm this: Thanks
Re: Can Spainish Student Visa Enable Me To Move Freely To Other Eu Countries? by surveyProf(m): 6:37pm On Jul 24, 2009
Re: Can Spainish Student Visa Enable Me To Move Freely To Other Eu Countries? by surveyProf(m): 6:38pm On Jul 24, 2009
Re: Can Spainish Student Visa Enable Me To Move Freely To Other Eu Countries? by GEW: 6:41pm On Jul 24, 2009
surveyProf:

their membership of the EU permits them to use the currency. being part of the schengen states has nothing to do with currency it only allows freee travels
Re: Can Spainish Student Visa Enable Me To Move Freely To Other Eu Countries? by surveyProf(m): 5:14pm On Jul 25, 2009
Thanks all for ur wonderful contributions and which all well too[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Can Spainish Student Visa Enable Me To Move Freely To Other Eu Countries? by iwefactria: 2:00pm On Jul 26, 2009
surveyProf:

yes they spend EURO but Ireland is not a shengen state so you need visa while going there.
Re: Can Spainish Student Visa Enable Me To Move Freely To Other Eu Countries? by surveyProf(m): 2:37pm On Jul 26, 2009
@ Iwefactria thanks for your contribution
Re: Can Spainish Student Visa Enable Me To Move Freely To Other Eu Countries? by surveyProf(m): 2:41pm On Jul 26, 2009
@ Iwefactria, thanks for your comtribution
Re: Can Spainish Student Visa Enable Me To Move Freely To Other Eu Countries? by NOSCAM: 8:02pm On Jul 23, 2010

(1) (Reply)

Travel To Belgium The Easy Way? / Warning To Nigerians Living In Ghana / Holiday Spots In Africa That Do Not Require A Visa From Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.