Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,619 members, 7,809,279 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:11 AM

Why Are You Not Married (28+ Men Only)? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are You Not Married (28+ Men Only)? (17530 Views)

Married Men Only-how Do You Cope Without Sex / For Experienced Married Men Only / Man at 38 Not Married, Wat Could B Wrong & Should I Continue wit D Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are You Not Married (28+ Men Only)? by Marxxx: 10:04pm On Mar 23, 2016
"Why are you not married"? That was the first question my colleague asked me when he came to pay a visit at the hotel in sydney. "I checked your profile I was surprised you are still single". I thought that was all but when I resumed next day the senior partner who was the team head asked same question. I thought it was only in Nigeria marriage was a big issue but these guys ain't smiling. It was like being a senior manager and yet single was a taboo. Whenever I retire to my desk I always see series of phone digits written in scrap papers placed on my desk. The first time I called one of the lines it was a white lady spewing thrash about romance someone I didn't even know. The attitude I got from the team was not too great because of my marital status. The females from the support department didn't help either. The compliments I got from them was lipsrsealed. When my team attended a pool party for networking I didn't get any attention at the party. Simply because everyone at the party came with his or her spouse and they did not find it convenient holding a conversation with a single black dude...I thank God the job is over and am back to my father land...

So apart from money or other financial hitches...If you are single and above 28 why are you not married. Honest/sincere opinions.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are You Not Married (28+ Men Only)? by ladyF(f): 10:09pm On Mar 23, 2016
This will be interesting grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are You Not Married (28+ Men Only)? by tripplephi: 10:15pm On Mar 23, 2016
Marriage is not JAMB or some general level in life. So many who are married now wish they could undo it all. So pls this is not an issue at all. Let's move on with our lives

6 Likes

Re: Why Are You Not Married (28+ Men Only)? by Slapsticker: 10:20pm On Mar 23, 2016
It's never been a f(age). it's always been a f(preparedness).

2 Likes

Re: Why Are You Not Married (28+ Men Only)? by Marxxx: 10:23pm On Mar 23, 2016
tripplephi:
Marriage is not JAMB or some general level in life. So many who are married now wish they could undo it all. So pls this is not an issue at all. Let's move on with our lives
Are you alright? You saw the topic didn't you? It is not necessary you comment on every topic especially when you have nothing meaningful to air.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are You Not Married (28+ Men Only)? by Nobody: 10:26pm On Mar 23, 2016
I only have 2 kids out of wedlock.. So no need; after all having kids is d reason 4 marriage

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are You Not Married (28+ Men Only)? by Marxxx: 10:27pm On Mar 23, 2016
Slapsticker:
It's never been a f(age). it's always been a f(preparedness).
Did you read the topic? All the topic requires of you is to state a honest opinion about the question asked simple. Please modify whatever you wrote up there....
Re: Why Are You Not Married (28+ Men Only)? by MRBrownJ: 10:28pm On Mar 23, 2016
Marxxx:
"Why are you not married"? That was the first question my colleague asked me when he came to pay a visit at the hotel in sydney. "I checked your profile I was surprised you are still single". I thought that was all but when I resumed next day the senior partner who was the team head asked same question. I thought it was only in Nigeria marriage was a big issue but these guys ain't smiling. It was like being a senior manager and yet single was a taboo. Whenever I retire to my desk I always see series of phone digits written in scrap papers placed on my desk. The first time I called one of the lines it was a white lady spewing thrash about romance someone I didn't even know. The attitude I got from the team was not too great because of my marital status. The females from the support department didn't help either. The compliments I got from them was lipsrsealed. When my team attended a pool party for networking I didn't get any attention at the party. Simply because everyone at the party came with his or her spouse and they did not find it convenient holding a conversation with a single black dude...I thank God the job is over and am back to my father land...

So apart from money or other financial hitches...If you are single and above 28 why are you not married. Honest/sincere opinions.

the simple answer would be: why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free
in today's society, living with someone that you aint married to is "normal", and therefore, there is no reason to be stressed if unmarried.
i think the issue with you was that you were SINGLE, and as much as there is nothing wrong with it, having a gf isnt "that" difficult.... especially as a black man in Sydney.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are You Not Married (28+ Men Only)? by Marxxx: 10:35pm On Mar 23, 2016
MRBrownJ:

the simple answer would be: why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free
in today's society, living with someone that you aint married to is "normal", and therefore, there is no reason to be stressed if unmarried.
i think the issue with you was that you were SINGLE, and as much as there is nothing wrong with it, having a gf isnt "that" difficult.... especially as a black man in Sydney.
lol...your are funny. The Law does not recognise your union with a girlfriend. I do not live in sydney. It was an off job. But seriously do you believe in having a girlfriend only? How many responsible Nigerian ladies will subscribe to that?....

5 Likes

Re: Why Are You Not Married (28+ Men Only)? by Marxxx: 10:40pm On Mar 23, 2016
Ighoga898:
I only have 2 kids out of wedlock.. So no need; after all having kids is d reason 4 marriage
wow this is amazing. But don't you feel the need for a partner? I mean your kids are quite young what if something happens to you tomorrow, on whose shoulder would they lean on? Who do you choose as your next of kin in any contract stuff? I believe you are still interested in having a wife...I will appreciate your response

2 Likes

Re: Why Are You Not Married (28+ Men Only)? by don4ye: 10:48pm On Mar 23, 2016
I can't feed myself yet. I need job

1 Like

Re: Why Are You Not Married (28+ Men Only)? by Nobody: 10:48pm On Mar 23, 2016
They are not done flirtingcheesy

3 Likes

Re: Why Are You Not Married (28+ Men Only)? by ojun50(m): 10:55pm On Mar 23, 2016
Job ni, bt if i could get some reasonable amount of money i should be doing that in few month

2 Likes

Re: Why Are You Not Married (28+ Men Only)? by LaurelP(m): 10:58pm On Mar 23, 2016
Oga, you don't just jump into marriage because you're above 28, its not an age determinant affair.
You have to be ready
Mentally
Financially
Physically
You don't expect a guy hustling to feed himself to go carry a woman. Some are also not mentally ready, they're yet to make up there minds to settle with a single woman.

Above all, many are yet to even find the potential suitable partner for themselves. I think this is why many are yet to get married.

11 Likes

Re: Why Are You Not Married (28+ Men Only)? by MRBrownJ: 11:04pm On Mar 23, 2016
Marxxx:
lol...your are funny. The Law does not recognise your union with a girlfriend. I do not live in sydney. It was an off job. But seriously do you believe in having a girlfriend only? How many responsible Nigerian ladies will subscribe to that?....

my aim is not to satisfy the "law", my aim is to satisfy ME. i will only do what is beneficial to me.
here is a clue: why should i need a piece of paper to confirm something that i feel in my heart?! if i love someone then my ACTIONS towards her will seal/confirm that, not a piece of paper. i will even go further and say that this piece of paper is detrimental to ANY r/ship, because it binds you to a person.... and many miserable people who dont love their partner anymore (and want out), still stick to that miserable union due to that damn piece of paper.

btw such woman is not only a gf, she turns into my wife, just like married people... just without the piece of paper

1 Like

Re: Why Are You Not Married (28+ Men Only)? by Marxxx: 11:04pm On Mar 23, 2016
LaurelP:
Oga, you don't just jump into marriage because you're above 28, its not an age determinant affair.
You have to be ready
Mentally
Financially
Physically
You don't expect a guy hustling to feed himself to go carry a woman. Some are also not mentally ready, they're yet to make up there minds to settle with a single woman.

Above all, many are yet to even find the potential suitable partner for themselves. I think this is why many are yet to get married.

I will appreciate if you speak for yourself and not others. "Apart from financial worries"...pls go through the trend again
Re: Why Are You Not Married (28+ Men Only)? by hanubarbie(f): 11:11pm On Mar 23, 2016
undecided
Re: Why Are You Not Married (28+ Men Only)? by Marxxx: 11:11pm On Mar 23, 2016
MRBrownJ:

my aim is not to satisfy the "law", my aim is to satisfy ME. i will only do what is beneficial to me.
here is a clue: why should i need a piece of paper to confirm something that i feel in my heart?! if i love someone then my ACTIONS towards her will seal/confirm that, not a piece of paper. i will even go further and say that this piece of paper is detrimental to ANY r/ship, because it binds you to a person.... and many miserable people who dont love their partner anymore (and want out), still stick to that miserable union due to that damn piece of paper.

btw such woman is not only a gf, she turns into my wife, just like married people... just without the piece of paper
But you know in a relationship sacrifices are being made. Let say the lady in context had to leave her job and settle with you. After some years you guys were no longer compatible how will she get her part of the fortune realised when both of you were still together. How can she get proper compensation. This can go the other way too so how will you make claims if you are not properly married....? How does she claim your property when something bad happens.......? have you done all the hidden calculations?

4 Likes

Re: Why Are You Not Married (28+ Men Only)? by Marxxx: 11:13pm On Mar 23, 2016
Angelberry:
They are not done flirtingcheesy
This is for men only...... tongue. You are not invited

2 Likes

Re: Why Are You Not Married (28+ Men Only)? by Marxxx: 11:13pm On Mar 23, 2016
hanubarbie:
undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Are You Not Married (28+ Men Only)? by Marxxx: 11:15pm On Mar 23, 2016
ladyF:
This will be interesting grin
Re: Why Are You Not Married (28+ Men Only)? by sisisioge: 11:15pm On Mar 23, 2016
Hmmmm

I'm cos I haven't met the man with whom there is an absolute mutual affinity. Our pages don't usually jive ni. The one I manage to be on same page with doesn't have the resources (all encompassing) to maintain such venture.

However, it will be a thrill to settle with someone I fit with like a couple peas in a pod. Until then, no rush, a window is always left opened wink

1 Like

Re: Why Are You Not Married (28+ Men Only)? by sisisioge: 11:16pm On Mar 23, 2016
Marxxx:

Sorry o tongue

2 Likes

Re: Why Are You Not Married (28+ Men Only)? by dangotesmummy: 11:18pm On Mar 23, 2016
Op this is the reason tongue

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are You Not Married (28+ Men Only)? by Marxxx: 11:23pm On Mar 23, 2016
sisisioge:
Hmmmm

I'm cos I haven't met the man with whom there is an absolute mutual affinity. Are pages don't usually jive ni. The one I manage to be on same page with doesn't have the resources (all encompassing) to maintain such venture.

However, it will be a thrill to settle with someone I fit with like a couple peas in a pod. Until then, no rush, a window is always left opened wink
wow...I hear people say marriage is all about accepting/tolerating the flaws in the other person? I guess you don't really love the first guy. When you talk about "Resources and Maintenance" definitely you are talking about finance. What happened to love? Both of you should have put in resources together. It is easier for two people to paddle a canoe than one person doing the paddling while carrying two.

I appreciate your opinion but This is trend is for men only......

3 Likes

Re: Why Are You Not Married (28+ Men Only)? by Marxxx: 11:27pm On Mar 23, 2016
dangotesmummy:
Op this is the reason tongue
lol...but I want you to speak for yourself
Re: Why Are You Not Married (28+ Men Only)? by dangotesmummy: 11:28pm On Mar 23, 2016
Marxxx:
lol...but I want you to speak for yourself
why tongue

My son is aliko dangote.you don't know him? cool

Thats why cool
Re: Why Are You Not Married (28+ Men Only)? by Marxxx: 11:29pm On Mar 23, 2016
dangotesmummy:
why tongue
I want your sincere opinion if you are not married

1 Like

Re: Why Are You Not Married (28+ Men Only)? by tripplephi: 11:29pm On Mar 23, 2016
Marxxx:
Are you alright? You saw the topic didn't you? It is not necessary you comment on every topic especially when you have nothing meaningful to air.

Lols see the speed of immaturity you used in replying me. Guy at 28 you should have seen life and learnt that marriage is not by age but by stage. Oya pls reply me let's make this thread a trend

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are You Not Married (28+ Men Only)? by dangotesmummy: 11:29pm On Mar 23, 2016
Marxxx:
I want your sincere opinion if you are not married
your question has been answered my dear marxwell cool
Re: Why Are You Not Married (28+ Men Only)? by Marxxx: 11:30pm On Mar 23, 2016
ojun50:
Job ni, bt if i could get some reasonable amount of money i should be doing that in few month
Truth be told if you get a million naira tonight will you get married with the amount?
Re: Why Are You Not Married (28+ Men Only)? by Marxxx: 11:32pm On Mar 23, 2016
tripplephi:

Lols see the speed of immaturity you used in replying me. Guy at 28 you should have seen life and learnt that marriage is not by age but by stage. Oya pls reply me let's make this thread a trend
alright I will appreciate if you don't comment further or quote me again...thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Married Folks What Kind Of Contraceptive Do You Use? / 14 Attributes Of Nigeria Mothers / How Do I Clear This Guilt Against My Dad?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.