Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,466 members, 7,830,344 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:00 PM

Breast Ironing- What Is This Horrid, Spreading Culture All About? - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Breast Ironing- What Is This Horrid, Spreading Culture All About? (45163 Views)

Breast Ironing! Woman’s Inhumanity To Woman In The Name Of Culture / Warning !!! Desist From Spreading Your Clothes Outside in the Night. / Breast Ironing – Girls Face Mutilation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breast Ironing- What Is This Horrid, Spreading Culture All About? by Allina: 8:16am On Mar 27, 2016
This is so true.Some ladies were talking about it at the saloon I went to make my hair last weekend.Surprisingly,some were in support of it
Re: Breast Ironing- What Is This Horrid, Spreading Culture All About? by Rajosh(m): 8:19am On Mar 27, 2016
Allina:
This is so true.Some ladies were talking about it at the saloon I went to make my hair last weekend.Surprisingly,some were in support of it
like seriously? You should have offered to iron their breasts with Hot pressing iron.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breast Ironing- What Is This Horrid, Spreading Culture All About? by RobinHez(m): 8:21am On Mar 27, 2016
Oluwa! shocked
Re: Breast Ironing- What Is This Horrid, Spreading Culture All About? by lielbree: 8:22am On Mar 27, 2016
realmindz:
Why AFRICA, why? why have u chosen a barbaric way of life...then they will say we have beautiful cultures....

That is eh , Africa is so dark...
Re: Breast Ironing- What Is This Horrid, Spreading Culture All About? by lielbree: 8:24am On Mar 27, 2016
I remember being unable to sleep because of the pain associated with developing breasts

Not to talk of this

This is real wickedness
Re: Breast Ironing- What Is This Horrid, Spreading Culture All About? by lielbree: 8:26am On Mar 27, 2016
Allina:

I heard a lot of yorubas do it..

The reason is to make their breasts bigger in future.
I don't know if it actually works that way
Re: Breast Ironing- What Is This Horrid, Spreading Culture All About? by igwegeorgiano(m): 8:31am On Mar 27, 2016
like seriously? never heard of it before but if this is actually true, then the congregations of world human right organizations should stand against this wicked, inhuman and barbaric practice.
Re: Breast Ironing- What Is This Horrid, Spreading Culture All About? by Allina: 8:32am On Mar 27, 2016
lielbree:

I heard a lot of yorubas do it..
The reason is to make their breasts bigger in future. I don't know if it actually works that way
No,it's the reverse. people do it to make it smaller
Re: Breast Ironing- What Is This Horrid, Spreading Culture All About? by repogirl(f): 8:36am On Mar 27, 2016
Girls don suffer for this world sha.
Re: Breast Ironing- What Is This Horrid, Spreading Culture All About? by martineinstein(m): 8:36am On Mar 27, 2016
Please, Respect people's culture
Re: Breast Ironing- What Is This Horrid, Spreading Culture All About? by nuelzy: 8:37am On Mar 27, 2016
i slapped one woman in one village i visited..

her girl was nine...and just developed her first breast tissue...d ignorant fool of a mother didn't even knw dat after a while d breast will disappear....
....instead she chorce to forcefully eliminate d breast with a very hot semi-fried garri..

u needed to have seen d excruciating pain d lil girl was been put thru...

i acted on impulse...and left immediately
Re: Breast Ironing- What Is This Horrid, Spreading Culture All About? by Allina: 8:38am On Mar 27, 2016
lielbree:
I remember being unable to sleep because of the pain associated with developing breasts

Not to talk of this

This is real wickedness
pains? how?
Re: Breast Ironing- What Is This Horrid, Spreading Culture All About? by Greenback: 8:39am On Mar 27, 2016
Women dòn suffer...though some women abuse laws that accords them some undue privileges and shields them from abuse and harrassment ,but imagine what it would be without those laws!
Re: Breast Ironing- What Is This Horrid, Spreading Culture All About? by onunwa21(m): 8:40am On Mar 27, 2016
Wahala dey oooooo
Re: Breast Ironing- What Is This Horrid, Spreading Culture All About? by Nobody: 8:41am On Mar 27, 2016
Lmao, girls suffering for the transgressions of MEN, again

Trying to prevent 'rape and other forms of sexual abuse?'

Why not iron the sexual abuser's pen1s instead though? HE'S the cause of the rape, not HER

2 Likes

Re: Breast Ironing- What Is This Horrid, Spreading Culture All About? by Lexzycane(m): 8:46am On Mar 27, 2016
Chai! When men hope it gets bigger, some are looking to make it disappear. Weird world
Re: Breast Ironing- What Is This Horrid, Spreading Culture All About? by Nobody: 8:46am On Mar 27, 2016
onnybee:
From what I could gather, this is a practice carried out mainly here in Africa that involves the use of instruments such as pestles, hot grinding stones, bananas, coconut shells, spatulas and coal-heated hammers to press, massage and crush the developing breast tissues of many young girls at the early stage of puberty. shocked

This is done to prevent them from being attractive to males and hence prevent rape and other forms of sexual abuse.

This ‘culture’ is widespread in Cameroon and other African countries including Kenya, Benin and Ivory coast, and affects around 3.8 million teenagers overall according to the United Nations.

Breast ironing is usually performed by the victim’s mother on the basis that she is trying to protect the girl from sexual harassment and rape, to avert early pregnancy that would smear the family name, or to let the girl go after education instead of being forced into early marriage.

This practice is extremely painful and the girls are put at risk of tissue damage and cysts, malformed breasts, and in extreme cases it can cause one or both breasts to disappear. cry

There are worries that breast ironing has spread to the diaspora with an increase in the number of cases in Britain though charities, NGOs and human right groups are working to raise awareness concerning the problem.

You should also add premarital sex
Re: Breast Ironing- What Is This Horrid, Spreading Culture All About? by M4gunners: 8:51am On Mar 27, 2016
Wicked.
Re: Breast Ironing- What Is This Horrid, Spreading Culture All About? by mayoroflag(m): 8:55am On Mar 27, 2016
Obviously those mothers have no confidence in their governments to protect their daughters from sexual molestation...
Re: Breast Ironing- What Is This Horrid, Spreading Culture All About? by TeddyPendergrass(m): 8:59am On Mar 27, 2016
my people suffer for lack of knowledge.
wow!
Re: Breast Ironing- What Is This Horrid, Spreading Culture All About? by Sealeddeal(m): 9:02am On Mar 27, 2016
The most terrorized groups of humans are females.
Re: Breast Ironing- What Is This Horrid, Spreading Culture All About? by Raydos: 9:08am On Mar 27, 2016
Wagbayi O.P
Jẹ Ki n Sare Wa Lọ Ṣe Fun Ọmọ Aunty-Mary Jharee
Ọyọn Ọmọ Wọn Ti Tobi Ju Ọjọ-Ori ẹ Lọ grin
Re: Breast Ironing- What Is This Horrid, Spreading Culture All About? by EWANE(m): 9:10am On Mar 27, 2016
who made you God to conclude that itz widespread across the african continent? if you don't have money to pay for your flights and travel across africa to do research on the issue then don't pour your lies out here. I have never seen a single lady who has gone through breast ironing and you itz widespread
Re: Breast Ironing- What Is This Horrid, Spreading Culture All About? by xest(m): 9:11am On Mar 27, 2016
airmirthd1:
Never heard of this until now........
Unbelievable!!
go to YouTube and search for it, it's mainly done in cameroun.
Re: Breast Ironing- What Is This Horrid, Spreading Culture All About? by Hero10001: 9:11am On Mar 27, 2016
DickDastardly:
I recommend this for all them Nigerian runs girls!

Wheither this go make them Sugar Daddies prick stay one place angry
I'm a bigass fan, fck boobs.
Re: Breast Ironing- What Is This Horrid, Spreading Culture All About? by lepasharon(f): 9:12am On Mar 27, 2016
Did you say spread to england? Not my england

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Breast Ironing- What Is This Horrid, Spreading Culture All About? by lepasharon(f): 9:12am On Mar 27, 2016
EWANE:
who made you God to conclude that itz widespread across the african continent? if you don't have money to pay for your flights and travel across africa to do research on the issue then don't pour your lies out here. I have never seen a single lady who has gone through breast ironing and you itz widespread

its done in cameroon...
Re: Breast Ironing- What Is This Horrid, Spreading Culture All About? by EWANE(m): 9:15am On Mar 27, 2016
lepasharon:

its done in cameroon...
lepasharon:

its done in cameroon...
lepasharon:

its done in cameroon...
BUT IT IS NOT WIDESPREAD! THAT'S MY PROBLEM! I AM STILL TO MEET A LADY WHO HAS HAD HER BREASTS IRONED or are you one?
Re: Breast Ironing- What Is This Horrid, Spreading Culture All About? by lepasharon(f): 9:21am On Mar 27, 2016
onnybee:

A lot of people are living in the 21st century but their mentalities are stuck way back.

Where is your source for this article ?
Re: Breast Ironing- What Is This Horrid, Spreading Culture All About? by Nobody: 9:33am On Mar 27, 2016
This thing has been around for ages naaa. . . .
Re: Breast Ironing- What Is This Horrid, Spreading Culture All About? by Nobody: 9:36am On Mar 27, 2016
1bkaye:
Lmao, girls suffering for the transgressions of MEN, again

Trying to prevent 'rape and other forms of sexual abuse?'

Why not iron the sexual abuser's pen1s instead though? HE'S the cause of the rape, not HER
Women would unfortunately rather attack each other than attack men when problems come up due to men's randy natures.
Bear in mind that mothers are the ones doing the ironing.
Re: Breast Ironing- What Is This Horrid, Spreading Culture All About? by Nobody: 9:58am On Mar 27, 2016
I saw the documentary sometime ago. doesn't happen in naija though. I think Gambia and some other African Countries.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

4 Things Igbo People Like. / Great Yoruba Gospel Music / Memunat Omowunmi Badirat Olaitan And Their Twins In Saudi Arabia (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.