Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,225 members, 7,829,380 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:46 AM

Breast Ironing- What Is This Horrid, Spreading Culture All About? - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Breast Ironing- What Is This Horrid, Spreading Culture All About? (45160 Views)

Breast Ironing! Woman’s Inhumanity To Woman In The Name Of Culture / Warning !!! Desist From Spreading Your Clothes Outside in the Night. / Breast Ironing – Girls Face Mutilation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breast Ironing- What Is This Horrid, Spreading Culture All About? by Nobody: 9:58am On Mar 27, 2016
fellis:

Women would unfortunately rather attack each other than attack men when problems come up due to men's randy natures.
Bear in mind that mothers are the ones doing the ironing.
Yup, I actually hold women who endorse such things and/or victim blame more accountable since you'd expect them to be more empathetic
Re: Breast Ironing- What Is This Horrid, Spreading Culture All About? by Nobody: 10:00am On Mar 27, 2016
fellis:

Women would unfortunately rather attack each other than attack men when problems come up due to men's randy natures.
Bear in mind that mothers are the ones doing the ironing.

you can't entirely blame them. its ignorance and the society they live in.

I have watched the documentary. they are all village women with no running tap water or basic education.
a world were men are god.

they need exposure and education not shaming.

1 Like

Re: Breast Ironing- What Is This Horrid, Spreading Culture All About? by sirviktor(m): 10:03am On Mar 27, 2016
And when you think of things that could happen such as breast infections, the formation of abscesses, malformed breasts and the eradication of one or both breasts.

You can't help but feel for these children who would later grow up traumatized.
Re: Breast Ironing- What Is This Horrid, Spreading Culture All About? by jmichlins(m): 10:04am On Mar 27, 2016
majamajic:

And Nigeria needs to be colonized again by France this time grin grin
wow maybe you need to visit the history books to know that nigeria is never a colony of france
Re: Breast Ironing- What Is This Horrid, Spreading Culture All About? by Eeroh95(m): 10:04am On Mar 27, 2016
See this mofos oo......lwkmd..breast or no breast..man must chop.....hole sha dey
Re: Breast Ironing- What Is This Horrid, Spreading Culture All About? by chinonso653(m): 10:23am On Mar 27, 2016
It's still the northerners that will perpesuate such acts
Re: Breast Ironing- What Is This Horrid, Spreading Culture All About? by blank(f): 10:24am On Mar 27, 2016
Let us look at this scenario. You live in boko haram territory. They usually kidnap girls that have reached puberty to live as sex slaves. Puberty for them is when a girl starts developing breasts. Your daughter has started developing breasts at age 8. As her mum, what would you do?

I think the way forward is for govt to tackle the underlying cause of the practice which has to do with underage rape and kidnap.

1 Like

Re: Breast Ironing- What Is This Horrid, Spreading Culture All About? by xendra: 10:31am On Mar 27, 2016
its stupidity, if they really wanted to stop rape, not the women, its the men they'd tame cheesy
Re: Breast Ironing- What Is This Horrid, Spreading Culture All About? by ezelos(m): 11:06am On Mar 27, 2016
kelvee:
Chei..ladies like 'cossy orjiakor' are living testimonies!... grin grin
. Lol... Oh my daze!
Re: Breast Ironing- What Is This Horrid, Spreading Culture All About? by Nobody: 11:10am On Mar 27, 2016
1bkaye:

Yup, I actually hold women who endorse such things and/or victim blame more accountable since you'd expect them to be more empathetic
Well they've being raised to believe that men are demi gods who the women should always respect and humble themselves with.
So they see men causing problems of sexual perversions and the thought of holding them accountable cannot even cross their minds.
They would rather maim and disfigure their fellow women to make them unattrative.

This unfortunate way of thinking is even wide spread in Nigeria that's why women fight each other when men cheat on them and stay put with cheating married men believing that if they change themselves, their clothes, their weight, become humbler, etc, the men will change.
Only few women actually acknowledge that the fault lies with the unfaithful man.

2 Likes

Re: Breast Ironing- What Is This Horrid, Spreading Culture All About? by Nobody: 11:32am On Mar 27, 2016
repogirl:
Girls don suffer for this world sha.
i swear!

we don suffer, wel wel
Re: Breast Ironing- What Is This Horrid, Spreading Culture All About? by LEXYCOM: 11:33am On Mar 27, 2016
It should have been done for cossy
Re: Breast Ironing- What Is This Horrid, Spreading Culture All About? by abiolag(m): 11:43am On Mar 27, 2016
If this is true, then all countries involved should be re-colonize
Re: Breast Ironing- What Is This Horrid, Spreading Culture All About? by millyajay(f): 11:44am On Mar 27, 2016
This is serious
Re: Breast Ironing- What Is This Horrid, Spreading Culture All About? by Tinyemeka(m): 11:54am On Mar 27, 2016
I'll only air my opinion on this, once I hear what Sis Cossy Orjiakor has to say about the issue. undecided
Re: Breast Ironing- What Is This Horrid, Spreading Culture All About? by skondo09(m): 12:02pm On Mar 27, 2016
Africa.. What can I say that has not been said...
Re: Breast Ironing- What Is This Horrid, Spreading Culture All About? by SexyCrixus25(m): 12:02pm On Mar 27, 2016
Now I understand why the whites would have the guts to refer to the black race as they do(just like the lousy Trump).
Re: Breast Ironing- What Is This Horrid, Spreading Culture All About? by Tobium1(m): 12:22pm On Mar 27, 2016
De protruding nyansh nko?
Re: Breast Ironing- What Is This Horrid, Spreading Culture All About? by aremz(m): 12:31pm On Mar 27, 2016
dafuq?.?
Re: Breast Ironing- What Is This Horrid, Spreading Culture All About? by rapthugx(m): 12:55pm On Mar 27, 2016
I have watched a video on this, in d video, a poor widow who indulges in the act said her young daughter developing booby is attracting men both young and old and being a poor woman, she can't carter for another mouth.

The problem is that in this part of the world, we take such things for granted. You will see a grown man rape a 13yr old, we blame her mother for allowing her wear revealing clothes.

Just recently, English footballer and former Sunderland winger Adam Johnson was sent to jail for having illicit affair with a 16 yr old girl. In France, former IMF boss Dominique Strauss-Kahn literally lost everything for assaulting a 'mere' hotel maid.

Just wondering what d case would have been if both scenarios had played out in Africa. You will hear ppl saying a lot of trash against the victims.
Re: Breast Ironing- What Is This Horrid, Spreading Culture All About? by SPDAZZY(f): 1:42pm On Mar 27, 2016
Well I know it is done to a tender baby. While bathing new born babies, their whole body is pressed with hot water. The breast is pressed in so it doesn't become ara nwanyi asaba. The hips are also shaped, the buttocks is massaged. BTW it is not done with crude methods as that of the op's description., just hot water.

The end point is an African shape. (well rounded hips and buttocks with a not too big breast when the girl blossoms)
Re: Breast Ironing- What Is This Horrid, Spreading Culture All About? by DrTims(m): 3:00pm On Mar 27, 2016
This is why Africa can never move forward. This is undispecable. Wickedness in the land is quite enormous. Smh
Re: Breast Ironing- What Is This Horrid, Spreading Culture All About? by majamajic(m): 3:13pm On Mar 27, 2016
jmichlins:
wow maybe you need to visit the history books to know that nigeria is never a colony of france

I know, take it easy

I said this time
Re: Breast Ironing- What Is This Horrid, Spreading Culture All About? by BOLAUWA: 4:10pm On Mar 27, 2016
If this can happen in 21st century AFRICA, then just imagine wat would have happened in the 14th century. Smh.
Re: Breast Ironing- What Is This Horrid, Spreading Culture All About? by Kyllahmc(m): 4:13pm On Mar 27, 2016
Very dumb mentality... Africa still have a long way to go.
Re: Breast Ironing- What Is This Horrid, Spreading Culture All About? by lielbree: 4:17pm On Mar 27, 2016
Allina:
pains? how?

When I was developing breasts it was quite painful.
My breasts were as hard as a rock
Re: Breast Ironing- What Is This Horrid, Spreading Culture All About? by bikefab(m): 4:20pm On Mar 27, 2016
This is for real, I've read it somewhere on the internet.
Re: Breast Ironing- What Is This Horrid, Spreading Culture All About? by lielbree: 4:20pm On Mar 27, 2016
Allina:
No,it's the reverse.
people do it to make it smaller

Really? My sisters friends who are yoruba have fantastic looking full breasts.
They accredit it to breast ironing...
Re: Breast Ironing- What Is This Horrid, Spreading Culture All About? by lielbree: 4:23pm On Mar 27, 2016
BOLAUWA:
If this can happen in 21st century AFRICA, then just imagine wat would have happened in the 14th century. Smh.

Hmm one can only wonder o
I heard that in those days ijaw people used pepper on a woman's private part who just gave birth shocked shocked shocked
Re: Breast Ironing- What Is This Horrid, Spreading Culture All About? by Allina: 4:28pm On Mar 27, 2016
lielbree:

Really? My sisters friends who are yoruba have fantastic looking full breasts.
They accredit it to breast ironing...
From what the ladies at the saloon said,they carry out such act on girls who start developing breast at an early age so they won't appear sexually attractive to men and also to prevent them from being too bursty
Re: Breast Ironing- What Is This Horrid, Spreading Culture All About? by VajanahDischaj(f): 7:56pm On Mar 27, 2016
fulani girls do it
Re: Breast Ironing- What Is This Horrid, Spreading Culture All About? by zynzyn(m): 9:27pm On Mar 27, 2016

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

4 Things Igbo People Like. / Great Yoruba Gospel Music / Memunat Omowunmi Badirat Olaitan And Their Twins In Saudi Arabia (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.