Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,818 members, 7,831,664 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! (49754 Views)

Police Storm Celestial Church Of Christ In New York As Members Fight (Pics, Vide / Ghanaian Man Chases Jehovah's Witnesses Out Of His House By Stripping Unclad / What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by whitebone(m): 4:47pm On Mar 25, 2016
oglalasioux:

Brilliant question.

You told us how you enjoyed Jehovah's Witnesses' teachings. I pointed out to you that the things you learnt will leave you more confused.

My point. Religion (Judaism, Christianity and Islam) is a Jewish scam. The bible doesn't answer any of mankind's questions;

1. Why are we here?
2. How did we get here?
3. Why are we in different races and languages?
4. Why are they disasters and wars?
5. What is consciousness?
6. Why are some poor and some rich and some in between?
7. Why is religion proliferating by the day?
8. What happens after death?
9. Is there a devil and hell?
10. Is there a heaven and God as the religions want us to believe?

Dare to tell me religion has given you a satisfactory answer to any of the above questions except quoting from a bible that is decadent and divided and leaving you more confused.

If the bible has a satisfactory answer why does different denominations give different answers to these questions?

These are questions that I asked myself, when I analyze the world when em by maself, I think some bugged down sh*t when I'm by maself drinking weed smokin henessy all by maself

1 Like

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by veraiyke(m): 4:48pm On Mar 25, 2016
Diff religions gv diff ans cox some of dem r devil oriented. The bible is a complete book. It has ans to all human qs my dear. Churches are growing rapidly as a result of satan interference who is using some churches to confuse the mind of ppl and to feed them with lies so that they will lose the blessings of God and salvation which the Almighty God has promised the faithful.
oglalasioux:

Brilliant question.

You told us how you enjoyed Jehovah's Witnesses' teachings. I pointed out to you that the things you learnt will leave you more confused.

My point. Religion (Judaism, Christianity and Islam) is a Jewish scam. The bible doesn't answer any of mankind's questions;

1. Why are we here?
2. How did we get here?

Dare to tell me religion has given you a satisfactory answer to any of the above questions except quoting from a bible that is decadent and divided and leaving you more confused.

If the bible has a satisfactory answer why does different denominations give different answers to these questions?

1 Like

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by oglalasioux(m): 4:53pm On Mar 25, 2016
themall:

grin Ok now you have just spoken the first lie. you fell into a ditch. You don't have to lie to win the argument. I'll call up one of my classmates at NTA abuja and reconfirm. He has always used the Catholic D. Version when we are arguing with an islamic cleric in kaduna.
Then you must retrace your assertion as a mark of honour!

You don't know Jehovah's Witnesses. Attend their meetings and once they get you a bag let's see if they will allow another translation into that bag. They will allow you come with Koran until they get you. Cheers.
Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by oglalasioux(m): 4:54pm On Mar 25, 2016
veraiyke:
Diff religions gv diff ans cox some of dem r devil oriented. The bible is a complete book. It has ans to all human qs my dear. Churches are growing rapidly as a result of satan interference who is using some churches to confuse the mind of ppl and to feed them with lies so that they will lose the blessings of God and salvation which the Almighty God has promised the faithful.

How long does the Devil has?

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by TeddyPendergrass(m): 4:55pm On Mar 25, 2016
okitz4:
why bother Urself,? this man is an apostate
Lool give him the benefit of the doubt
Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by oglalasioux(m): 4:57pm On Mar 25, 2016
[quote author=adten2 post=44101632][/quote]

You quoted Ecclesiastes saying when man dies he perishes then you double speak and say death is not the end. Aren't you confused?
Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by rottennaija(m): 4:59pm On Mar 25, 2016
TeddyPendergrass:

nice copy of paste. you should copy and paste a book. I am confident it will sell well, or maybe get many likes.

jehovah witnesses do not claim to know everything in the bible. some of the believes they use to have in the past are no longer held so because their understanding of the bible continues to improve and so they have to let go of believes they previously [/b]held that are contrary to what the bible says. this is why some of their old believes no longer hold.

yes I am one of jehovahs witnesses

Yet, these were part of the believes that they held as Truth from God, claiming to be spirit directed and used to condemn other religious groups for lies?

But the major question[b] really is, if this "truth" (you now call it understanding) was spirit directed and came from God, why do they change
? At least you have seen the Bible and it's message hasn't changed.

Then what will happen when the present "truth" understanding need to change? Shaa, I dont really blame most of us following. It's just what we receive that we believe and when they change, we follow too. But that is where the truth lies, we don't really read the Bible to know what it says and what it doesn't.

I guess that's what happens when you go beyond the things that are written.
Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by Nobody: 5:00pm On Mar 25, 2016
oglalasioux:

You don't know Jehovah's Witnesses. Attend their meetings and once they get you a bag let's see if they will allow another translation into that bag. They will allow you come with Koran until they get you. Cheers.
Are you prophecying now?! You mean they buy bag for those who join them?! You mean they force parishioners not to use any other bible?! You mean they'll first deceive you to use a translation and then later force you not to use it?!
can you please explain to me in more detail

1 Like

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by Fr33born(m): 5:01pm On Mar 25, 2016
No. You lie bro.

Why did you not tell us the part where they said christ was crucified on a pole and not cross?

Why did you not tell us the part they said heaven (paradise) is on earth?

And where they said there is nothing like Trinity?

Please tell us more
Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by oglalasioux(m): 5:01pm On Mar 25, 2016
okitz4:

must u lie to win an argument?, I am one of dem, am proud because I learn and speak the truth,

And everyone else is lying, right? That's the stock in trade of religion including yours. So don't blame the Muslim fundamentalist bombing the hell out of people who don't believe his own beliefs are the best. You all are in the same bandwagon.
Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by unitysheart(m): 5:02pm On Mar 25, 2016
themall:

In general many religious organizations do not offer any spiritual assistance to the sheep. My aunts were members of the baptist church before they and their families abandoned the church for a Pentecostal church in kaduna, because the church could not explain why their pastor preferred to attend the governor's inauguration, instead of officiating at their first son's burial. Also, I don't pay attention to internet hate groups either for muslims or any group of christianity

That's what the world has turned to. The pastor decided to ignore the bible verse that says better it is to go to the house of mourning than where they are rejoicing.
Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by Nascimento(m): 5:02pm On Mar 25, 2016
By
oglalasioux:

I believe you are using good and substandard products to depict my argument for religion.

Please fix as appropriate;

Catholic
Methodist
Anglican
Church of Christ
Seventh Day Adventist
Church of Christ of Latter Day Saints
Olumba Olumba
Celestial Church of Christ
Redeemed Christian Mission
Believers Love World
Jehovah's Witnesses
The Lord's Chosen

Help me categorize the above according to good and substandard (I'll come up with more).

Then you check bible translations;

Good News Version
King James Version
New world Translation
Revised Standard Version
New Jerusalem Bible
The Living Bible etc

Please explain why they should be different versions of a holy book. The only obvious answer is that it's a forgery. But let me wait for your answers.

There are no forgery my Bro. All translations are from the Greek septuagint. The only problem is that, when translating from the original source {septuagint}, falsehood was introduced my lawless men.

1 Like

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by Nobody: 5:02pm On Mar 25, 2016
TeddyPendergrass:

Hahahahahahahaha wow!!

so you left jehovahs organisation because you were disfellowshiped and the other's were reproved?

pretty obvious why you were disfellowshiped

nothing in JW. try christ embassy and experience life changing miracles. i am a living witness that the God of Oyakilohme lives smiley
Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by ableguy(m): 5:05pm On Mar 25, 2016
oglalasioux:

And everyone else is lying, right? That's the stock in trade of religion including yours. So don't blame the Muslim fundamentalist bombing the hell out of people who don't believe his own beliefs are the best. You all are in the same bandwagon.

That's one of the common misconceptions about the witnesses!

1 Like

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by oglalasioux(m): 5:06pm On Mar 25, 2016
themall:

Are you prophecying now?! You mean they buy bag for those who join them?! You mean they force parishioners not to use any other bible?! You mean they'll first deceive you to use a translation and then later force you not to use it?!
can you please explain to me in more detail

In the beginning it's come as you are (just like other churches). You can come with anything you want. Once they get you a bag you follow the rules. You are then told the errors in other bible translations and other christians.
Jehovah's witnesses are okay. But they are not special in any way.
Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by ableguy(m): 5:07pm On Mar 25, 2016
irunooboo:

nothing in JW. try christ embassy and experience life changing miracles. i am a living witness that the God of Oyakilohme lives smiley

Because they allow you to live your immoral lifestyle, you just confirmed it they condone fornication.

2 Likes

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by Nascimento(m): 5:07pm On Mar 25, 2016
Fr33born:
No. You lie bro.

Why did you not tell us the part where they said christ was crucified on a pole and not cross?

Why did you not tell us the part they said heaven (paradise) is on earth?

And where they said there is nothing like Trinity?

Please tell us more

If u really wanna know about these, why not meet one of them in your locality to explain, using d scripture. One can't answer those questions u posed here n'a, we can't read it all.

1 Like

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by rottennaija(m): 5:08pm On Mar 25, 2016
okitz4:

explain ur assertion about the paganism related to 1914, others? Oga check ur records, are Christmas and Easter celebrations scriptural?,

We live in an information age . Google can help you a lot, just Google the word pyramidology and Russel.

I know about Christmas and easter. I'm a jw! So I do.
Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by paulGrundy(m): 5:09pm On Mar 25, 2016
Nascimento:
By

There are no forgery my Bro. All translations are from the Greek septuagint. The only problem is that, when translating from the original source {septuagint}, falsehood was introduced my lawless men.

Am glad you are aware that falsehoods were contained in some translations. I just only wish that you could also tag adding to the scriptures as falsehoods also.
Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by okitz4(m): 5:11pm On Mar 25, 2016
rottennaija:

We live in an information age . Google can help you a lot, just Google the word pyramidology and Russel.

I know about Christmas and easter. I'm a jw! So I do.

baba, u are not a JW ooo abeg

4 Likes

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by TeddyPendergrass(m): 5:11pm On Mar 25, 2016
rottennaija:

Yet, these were part of the believes that they held as Truth from God, claiming to be spirit directed and used to condemn other religious groups for lies?

But the major question[b] really is, if this "truth" (you now call it understanding) was spirit directed and came from God, why do they change[/b]? At least you have seen the Bible and it's message hasn't changed.

Then what will happen when the present "truth" understanding need to change?

only a handful of teachings have changed over the years. and jehovah witnesses DO NOT condemn any other religious entity in anyway for the record, do take not.

the basic teachings of jehovahs witnesses have always been the same, there was never a time when witnesses taught that it was okay to lie, steal, kill, fornicate or indulge in any other wrong doing. these things are basic. love God, love jesus, love your neighbors blah blah blah.

the only things that have changed are really complex bible prophecies that have deeper meaning than what they actually say.

for example the dream that king nebuchadnezzar had is way more than just a dream and it's fulfilment is two. this is something am pretty sure you have never heard of.

even the bible itself mentions that as we get closer to the end of this wicked system the "light will get brighter" meaning that for those who truly appreciate the message in the bible their understanding of it will only improve.

Q.E.D

3 Likes

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by okitz4(m): 5:15pm On Mar 25, 2016
TeddyPendergrass:

only a handful of teachings have changed over the years. and jehovah witnesses DO NOT condemn any other religious entity in anyway for the record, do take not.

the basic teachings of jehovahs witnesses have always been the same, there was never a time when witnesses taught that it was okay to lie, steal, kill, fornicate or indulge in any other wrong doing. these things are basic. love God, love jesus, love your neighbors blah blah blah.

the only things that have changed are really complex bible prophecies that have deeper meaning than what they actually say.

for example the dream that king nebuchadnezzar had is way more than just a dream and it's fulfilment is two. this is something am pretty sure you have never heard of.

even the bible itself mentions that as we get closer to the end of this wicked system the "light will get brighter" meaning that for those who truly appreciate the message in the bible their understanding of it will only improve.

Q.E.D
GBAM!!!....u nailed it, only if he will hear and understand

2 Likes

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by rottennaija(m): 5:16pm On Mar 25, 2016
TeddyPendergrass:

Q.E.D

Yet! Other religious groups teach their members to lie, cheat, fornicate, hate jesus? Right?

I know all that. Well, if they do not apply the dream of nebuchadnezzar to two fulfilment, how will it lead them to have a seven times that will lead them to calculate till 1914?

But the truth is, the dream had no relationship with the calculation neither does the seven times in have 2 fulfilment. You can as well apply the dreams of that immersed image to have two fulfilment as well. Well. It's religion and they have to reach something spectacular.

But food for thought, if I really God wanted 1914 to be calculated as claimed, why does the this generation doctrine keeps failing?

The answer is in deut 18:20-22. Jehovah never sent them. They did so presumptiously. At least they have done away with some of the doctrines, but the GB would rather die than let go of 1914 doctrine since they know it will shake their very foundation.
Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by Nobody: 5:23pm On Mar 25, 2016
oglalasioux:

In the beginning it's come as you are (just like other churches). You can come with anything you want. Once they get you a bag you follow the rules. You are then told the errors in other bible translations and other christians.
Jehovah's witnesses are okay. But they are not special in any way.
Ok, now that is clearer. But that is how any evangelizing would take place. To understand them fully, you must come close to them, so you can learn the basics or elementary things. We do the same in sunday schools, and in Islam when you go to the "wakaranta". You initially made your post as if what that group is doing is wrong! You are a JW for some time so you know better. There's no church where individuals will be allowed to follow his own rules. Further, there's nothing bad in pointing out the errors in other bible translation. Many bible schools do the same. I also will never accept any church teaching HOMOSEXUALITY as a church not to be condemned by GOD and MAN and christians must be bold to say it. Reverend Adetiloye said so.
As for if they are not special, why don't you leave that for God Almighty...
You have an apology, my friend just confirmed that they even use it in their magazines, if it presents a better or alternative understanding to their own bible
Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by TeddyPendergrass(m): 5:25pm On Mar 25, 2016
rottennaija:

Yet! Other religious groups teach their members to lie, cheat, fornicate, hate jesus? Right?

listen this is not an argument, however you still need to be constructive no?

I never mentioned that other religious teach their followers to lie cheat or whatever.

they only teach them the basic things.

who other than jehovah's Witnesses teach that jesus christ started ruling in heaven as king in 1914? or who else is teaching that the bible foretold many years ago that the US will be the world power and will remain the world power God's kingdom comes to destroy wicked ones and take over rulership.

who else is teaching that only 144,000 will be going to heaven according to what the bible says?

Answer: NOBODY!!!!

as jehovah's Witnesses understanding of the bible continues to improve, they adjust their believes to fit what their new understanding is.

FYI I am done going back and forth on this subject.

have a nice life mister smiley

2 Likes

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by suteco16: 5:29pm On Mar 25, 2016
ableguy:

Thanks and welcome, I like your way

I LOVE YOU GUYS for your matured arguments
You really showed that you are both brilliant!!

3 Likes

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by okitz4(m): 5:30pm On Mar 25, 2016
rottennaija:

I know all that. Well, if they do not apply the dream of nebuchadnezzar to two fulfilment, how will it lead them to have a seven times that will lead them to calculate till 1914?

But the truth is, the dream had no relationship with the calculation neither does the seven times in have 2 fulfilment. You can as well apply the dreams of that immersed image to have two fulfilment as well. Well. It's religion and they have to reach something spectacular.

But food for thought, if I really God wanted 1914 to be calculated as claimed, why does the generation doctrine keeps failing?

Oga shey u say u b JW? hmmm

1 Like

Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by haftob(m): 5:36pm On Mar 25, 2016
oglalasioux:

Brilliant question.

1. Why are we here?
2. How did we get here?

Honestly I love ur questions. And I want to tell u dat the answers to ur questions are in the Quran. Tho I'm NT so vast in d knowledge of Al-Islam and the Quran, I wud av loved to answer the questions but I won't be able to quote the Quran directly. But if u want the answers, I av the numbers of some scholars I can give to u, I'M sure ull get near perfect answers from them.
Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by shitshappen(m): 5:38pm On Mar 25, 2016
Interesting!
Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by Nobody: 5:44pm On Mar 25, 2016
U loss u senses d moment u tink u gained ur freedom. at John 8:32 there Jesus says dat the truth sets u free nt independence. Nw tel me wat are u free from? Leaving d truth to be soaked in religious lies nd misconceptions? U ar nw free by being wit people who al believe dey we b in heaven if they live a good life wen their way of life does nt even qualify dem to be people who will inherit d earth as the bible teach? Ar free by bein wit dose who tke delight in displeasing God's standards and principles wich dey view as burdensome? Ar u free by being wit dose who do nt provide real satisfying answers to life's big qtns, nd who do nt use d bible to provide real satisfying hope 4 humans, wit dose who do nt knw God's purpose 4 mankind? Is dis d freedom u really want? Mat 7:13,14 prove dat dere is only one correct way to worship God today dat way leads to life few ar finding it majority run away frm it, why is dat? because dey ar been blinded jst as recorded at 2 Cor 4:3,4 states. Think my brother, think
Re: Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! by rottennaija(m): 5:56pm On Mar 25, 2016
okitz4:

Oga shey u say u b JW? hmmm

Yes and I only accept what the Bible teaches, not what I know have been failing and will continue to fail. That's why I'm making more research in the Bible and other sources, I'm not limiting myself to what the Watchtower teaches anymore, I'm being more like the boreans, I thoroughly search out the scriptures before I accept anything.

Well! Unfortunately with this mindset, I'll never be an elder. But I'll rather not be an elder than be carried away by every wind of teaches and teach people what I do not believe in. I don't want anyone to break my heart tomorrow when they will come out and say, "well jesus evidently referred to this generation as having 3 overlapping generation" or perhaps now refer them to worldly people.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

What Christians Did For Muslims In Kaduna State / Bishop Gwajima Sex Tape Leaks / Monarch University Built By Bishop Tom Samson Where School Fees Is N500k (Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.