Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,623 members, 7,820,209 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

The Right Order Of Speaking In Tongues - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Right Order Of Speaking In Tongues (882 Views)

Daddy Freeze: "Speaking In Tongues In Nigerian Churches Is Fake” / 10 Hard Questions About Speaking In Tongues With Answers / Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Right Order Of Speaking In Tongues by Babprosper20(m): 1:58pm On Mar 24, 2016
THE MISERY BEHIND SPEAKING IN TONGUES
Hello dear readers, I’m not a bible scholar or any sort, just a Christian and as you all know, we are all working towards perfection to be like Christ, and that raise my mind to some things in this Christianity race, of which speaking in tongues is, and is what I’m going to be discussing on.
When I walk past some churches I hear the man of God shouting on top of his voice, some words that look some or more like incantations, like those I usually hear from Nollywood movies in an herbalist scene. I don’t know if I’m the only one who have discovered this anyway, but some churches, sorry to say, during a prayer session will have both the man of God and members all shouting on top of their voices speaking in tongues, I hear things like “so ko bo to r aka bi ra ra bran de ge de” and some kind of funny slangs. Is this the true speaking in tongues the bible meant? Is this? I.e. speaking what seems like is not a language in the whole of planet earth and probably others. My BIBLE actually tells me that speaking in tongues is, should or would be an actual language, maybe a language of some people in some place. Reading from Acts 2:4 “ALL OF THEM WERE FILLED WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT AND BEGAN TO SPEAK IN OTHER TONGUES (LANGUAGES) AS THE SPIRIT ENABLED THEM. From the passage we can specifically deduce the fact that speaking in tongues is an actual language and to back it up, reading further from Acts 2:6 “ WHEN THE HEARD THIS SOUND, A CROWD CAME TOGETHER IN BEWILDERMENT BECAUSE EACH ONE HEARD THEIR OWN LANGUAGE BEING SPOKEN” the lather passage hits the nail on the head. I haven’t heard of or seen a pastor or a believer speaks in tongues and it was an actual language that he/she couldn’t have spoken by his own will.
That is point one.
Sometime last year (2015) during Sunday school classes in church, I learnt from the Bible also that “WHEN SOMEONE IS SPEAKING IN TONGUES, THERE SHOULD BE AN INTERPRETER” this can be clearly seen as stated in the account of ink
1corinthians 14:5 “…b UNLESS SOMEONE INTERPRETS, SO THAT THE CHURCH MAY BE EDIFIED.”
1corinthians 14:13 “FOR THIS REASON THE ONE WHO SPEAKS IN A TONGUE SHOULD PRAY THAT THEY MAY INTERPRETE WHAT THEY SAY”
1corinthians 14:23 “SO IF THE WHOLE CHURCH COMES TOGETHER AND EVERYONE SPEAKS IN TONGUES, AND ENQUIRERS OR UNBELEIVERS COME IN, WILL THEY NOT SAY THAT YOU ARE OUT OF YOUR MIND?’’
From these passages it is clearly understood that a whole church speaking in tongues is more like madness and that there should be an interpreter. What I see today is a ‘man of God’ speaking in tongues, member’s speaking in tongues, and not even a single interpreter. I haven’t heard of or seen someone interpreting what another is speaking in tongues, what is wrong with the church?
1 Corinthians 14:27 “IF ANYONE SPEAKS IN A TONGUES, TWO –OR ATMOST THREE- SHOULD SPEAK, ONE AT A TIME, AND SOMEONE MUST INTERPRETE”
VERSE 28: ‘’IF THERE IS NO INTERPRETER, THE SPEKAER SHOULD KEEP QUIET IN THE CHURCH AND SPEAK TO HIMSELF AND GOD.’’
This very last passage has posed a very strong notice, “THE SPEAKER SHOULD KEEP QUIET IN THE CHURCH…” I HAVENT SEEN OR HEARD OF ANYONE SPEAKING IN TONGUES THAT ACTUALLY CORRESPONDS WITH THE BIBLE, what points am I trying to draw out here? The summary of this whole article is that
1. A whole church shouldn’t be speaking in tongues at the same time, as directed in 1corinthians 14:23,27
2. Pastors, members, Christians; if we must speak in tongues, we must follow the directives of 1corinthians 14:5,13
3. If there is no interpreter, kindly keep quiet as stated in 1corinthians14:28
I’m not in any way trying to criticize pastors, but I’m only trying to bring out some points to the church and Christians regarding this topic. I’m not a bible scholar, but just a Christian: I really do hope that this article goes a long way. And hello, if ylou do find anything not corresponding you could always point it out
Writter:Iwhiwhu Don Prosper
Email:iwhiwhuprosper@gmail.com

Re: The Right Order Of Speaking In Tongues by excellencyabia1: 2:20pm On Mar 24, 2016
Unless being done to make a show, the holy spirit decides. And some do interpret

1 Like

Re: The Right Order Of Speaking In Tongues by Babprosper20(m): 2:29pm On Mar 24, 2016
excellencyabia1:
Unless being done to make a show, the holy spirit decides. And some do interpret
Never seen anybody interpreting... They could also fake that
Re: The Right Order Of Speaking In Tongues by excellencyabia1: 11:06pm On Mar 24, 2016
Babprosper20:
Never seen anybody interpreting... They could also fake that
i do

(1) (Reply)

Revival Of African Civilization / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 11/06/16 / We Wish You Eid Mubarak From Africa's Foremost Aviation Institute (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.