Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,651 members, 7,823,845 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:25 PM

NAF Jet Crashes At Yola Airport - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / NAF Jet Crashes At Yola Airport (18807 Views)

Swedish Fighter Jet Crashes After Colliding With Birds / Stranded Nigerians In Mali Transported In A NAF Aircraft Back Home (Photos) / Dangote Truck Crashes At IMSU Junction In Owerri. See Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NAF Jet Crashes At Yola Airport by megareal: 8:42am On Mar 25, 2016
Burst Tyres. Re they driving kabu kabu?
Re: NAF Jet Crashes At Yola Airport by macaranta(m): 8:47am On Mar 25, 2016
Hmmm NAF maintenance and training unit should up their game
Re: NAF Jet Crashes At Yola Airport by zikmano: 8:47am On Mar 25, 2016
No proper supervision.
Re: NAF Jet Crashes At Yola Airport by omenka(m): 8:48am On Mar 25, 2016
I'm sure some people must have ran to the thread hoping to read about a jet busting into flames, preferably shot down by Shekau's boys, with all on board dead- only to be disappointed it was busted tires and the pilots only sustained injuries. cheesycheesy

1 Like

Re: NAF Jet Crashes At Yola Airport by charleslifted(m): 8:48am On Mar 25, 2016
I'm actually living just behind the airport fence in yola.. Heard d blast, tot the jet fell somwhr outside my house cos it was so loud.. Tnk God for safety
Re: NAF Jet Crashes At Yola Airport by Nobody: 8:49am On Mar 25, 2016
Rucheen:
Oh Alex Badeh! see what you caused
i thought bh has been defeated and they surrender
Re: NAF Jet Crashes At Yola Airport by slimfit1(m): 8:55am On Mar 25, 2016
Innocent motor need to design brake pads properly oh
Re: NAF Jet Crashes At Yola Airport by UjSizzle(f): 8:56am On Mar 25, 2016
Principalities and powers and rulers in the high places are at it again shocked

Re: NAF Jet Crashes At Yola Airport by Ikenna17(m): 8:57am On Mar 25, 2016
Tyre blowouts are one of those rare events that happen in aviation, they were just unfortunate to have been part of that small statistic. Wishing them speedy recovery!
Re: NAF Jet Crashes At Yola Airport by Nomswag: 9:08am On Mar 25, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin grin..Mheeen our jet fighter b lyk toy....
abi na grenade dem dey use am dey throw
Re: NAF Jet Crashes At Yola Airport by Nobody: 9:08am On Mar 25, 2016
mohaMADbuari:
All the equipments Jonathan bequeathed on this dullard are now being loosed carelessly.

Buhari is like a prodigal son that always has the knack to squander his father's property

The bush-burning zombie soldiers should just admit they were fleeing the bokoharm onslaught before recklessly crashing Jonathan's jet
Person buy 30 textbooks no mean se he go pass exam....

1 Like

Re: NAF Jet Crashes At Yola Airport by murtalaa(m): 9:20am On Mar 25, 2016
Innoson tyres I guess.

1 Like

Re: NAF Jet Crashes At Yola Airport by tonychristopher: 9:24am On Mar 25, 2016
Giant of Africa indeed
Re: NAF Jet Crashes At Yola Airport by tottinova: 9:27am On Mar 25, 2016
Blackberrybabes:
A military fighter jet involved in the counter-insurgency operations in the North-East on Wednesday night crashed at the Yola International Airport.
Two pilots involved in the accident have been taken to an Air force military hospital for medical treatment.

One of our correspondents gathered that the crash was as a result of a burst tyre which occurred around 8pm on Wednesday when the fighter jet returning from a military operation tried to land at the runway of the Yola International Airport.

The two surviving pilots had succeeded in disembarking from the jet, but they however sustained injuries in the process.

It took the intervention of air safety officials to put out the fire which engulfed the aircraft immediately after it crash-landed.
Military authorities in Adamawa State, especially the 37 Air Force Base Strike Group responsible for the aircraft involved in the counter-insurgency operations refused to comment on the crash, claiming that they did not have the authority to speak on the accident.

When asked to comment on the incident, the base spokesperson, Squadron Leader K. Ali, neither denied nor confirmed the crash. He asked one of our correspondents to contact Abuja because “I do not have the authority to speak on such matter.”
In Abuja, the Acting Director Defence Information, Brig. Gen. Rabe Abubakar, confirmed the incident. He told one of our correspondents that the military had commenced investigation into the cause of the accident.

He also said that the incident had nothing to do with “enemy fire.”
He said, “The Air Force aircraft skidded off the runway and stopped at a ditch. All those on board are unhurt and investigation into the minor incident is ongoing.”
Meanwhile, investigations revealed that Wednesday’s crash was the second of such an incident within two weeks. No live was lost in the two occasions.
One of the airport security operatives who did not want his identity revealed said the frequency of air crashes at the airport involving fighter jets was becoming a thing of worry to the military.

http://www.punchng.com/naf-jet-fighting-bharam-crashes-in-yola/

That's what happens when you give OKADA RIDER YOUR VEHICLE TO HANDLE
Re: NAF Jet Crashes At Yola Airport by goodlifehyd(m): 9:37am On Mar 25, 2016
Read the news bro it happened in the airport, so how could they be ambushed by boko haram members there
Drabeey:

Are you seeing what im seeing guys? shocked

Abi na my eyes?

Why una go dey buy tyre for Ladipo sef.

This is a very bad news

Anyways...

DrabeeyWasHere

Minor injury, yet they landed in hospital. What if they were ambushed by the BH and killed durring the ladipo market tyre rupture. It is still a good news abi. Abeg think about it again. undecided
Re: NAF Jet Crashes At Yola Airport by PraiseGyps(f): 9:45am On Mar 25, 2016
Tokunbo tyre .....
Re: NAF Jet Crashes At Yola Airport by Charly68: 10:07am On Mar 25, 2016
I hope it is not one of the antiquities that Badeh bought & refurbished for Boko Haram campaign.. Very useless ,unfaithful master sacrificing the lives of his faithful servants on the altar of greed & avarice.

1 Like

Re: NAF Jet Crashes At Yola Airport by Nobody: 10:09am On Mar 25, 2016
temitemi1:
#IStandWithNigeriaNotWithBuhari
Who is the president of Nigeria?
Re: NAF Jet Crashes At Yola Airport by Nobody: 10:14am On Mar 25, 2016
murtalaa:
Innoson tyres I guess.
Where are the ipob, I cud remember NAF signing deal with innoson, to supply spear parts.
Ipob was happy, now one the jet are crashing they are blaming buhari.
Re: NAF Jet Crashes At Yola Airport by Nobody: 10:22am On Mar 25, 2016
goodlifehyd:
Read the news bro it happened in the airport, so how could they be ambushed by boko haram members there

Read what i wrote too. I knew it happened at a safer place, but y question is.... what if they are around the enemy zone?
Re: NAF Jet Crashes At Yola Airport by Bimpe29: 11:23am On Mar 25, 2016
Nigeria Air Force must be proactive, abi Sambo Dasuki and Alex Badeh will be blamed for the unfortunate incident?
Re: NAF Jet Crashes At Yola Airport by huntax(m): 11:40am On Mar 25, 2016
mohaMADbuari:
All the equipments Jonathan bequeathed on this dullard are now being loosed carelessly.

Buhari is like a prodigal son that always has the knack to squander his father's property

The bush-burning zombie soldiers should just admit they were fleeing the bokoharm onslaught before recklessly crashing Jonathan's jet
Chief wailer... I hail o. How market? I can see food is ready and u are feasting verociously. Small small o... Ndo.. .
Re: NAF Jet Crashes At Yola Airport by dammytosh: 11:56am On Mar 25, 2016
finofaya:
Strange camo on that jet. How is it supposed to blend?

Blend with sky when up there at night and blend with the grass when for any reason is on land.

It is ok.
Re: NAF Jet Crashes At Yola Airport by dammytosh: 11:56am On Mar 25, 2016
Bimpe29:
Nigeria Air Force must be proactive, abi Sambo Dasuki and Alex Badeh will be blamed for the unfortunate incident?

Yes they can be blamed if that is one of the product of the money they embezzled.

Instead of buying something better.
Re: NAF Jet Crashes At Yola Airport by Nobody: 12:12pm On Mar 25, 2016
All former CAS diverted n558m monthly!
Re: NAF Jet Crashes At Yola Airport by Nobody: 12:38pm On Mar 25, 2016
Who supply the Tyre.......

-------------na Inno supply am, if you like put "son", na you sabi, abi.......!!!! Na me dey for Nnewi, abi na me sign contract with NAF to dey supplying them material?
Re: NAF Jet Crashes At Yola Airport by bet9ja(m): 12:47pm On Mar 25, 2016
Lack of preventive maintenance.
Re: NAF Jet Crashes At Yola Airport by winj: 12:57pm On Mar 25, 2016
poor pilot, probably had no chance after airforce chief Amosu bought fake aircraft parts from Igbo people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NAF Jet Crashes At Yola Airport by shamecurls(m): 2:48pm On Mar 25, 2016
Chai!

What you get when you start sourcing spare-parts from the hub of counterfeit products!
Re: NAF Jet Crashes At Yola Airport by shamecurls(m): 2:48pm On Mar 25, 2016
winj:
poor pilot, probably had no chance after airforce chief Amosu bought fake aircraft parts from Igbo people.
Re: NAF Jet Crashes At Yola Airport by Imyourex(m): 4:55pm On Mar 25, 2016
Hope those are not Innoson made tyres o!
Re: NAF Jet Crashes At Yola Airport by najib632(m): 9:45am On Mar 26, 2016
mohaMADbuari:

Jonathan is the real dullard here why is Nigeria still using ww2 jet fighters

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Driver Loses Consciousness After Crashing Into A Construction Yard In Imo.Photos / COVID-19: Don't Come Home For Christmas - PTF Advises Nigerians Abroad / Diesel Tanker Catches Fire In Ojota (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.