Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:31 AM

What’s So Good About Good Friday? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What’s So Good About Good Friday? (8902 Views)

Good Friday: 7 Catholic Devotees Nailed To Cross In Philippines (photos) / 15 Amazing Things To Know About Good Friday / Today Is Good Friday: How To Celebrate Good Friday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What’s So Good About Good Friday? by Scatterscatter(m): 1:22pm On Mar 25, 2016
ayodele234:
Black man leave Jesus alone. No man called Jesus died for your sin, it is all bullshit. Why must your god be from Nazareth? It is stupid!
What do you believe in?

1 Like

Re: What’s So Good About Good Friday? by flyca: 1:48pm On Mar 25, 2016
Xslaze3xd:
If Jesus died today Friday, and he resurrected 3 days later, then the day he resurrected should be monday not Sunday.
Cc: orator2383
clear my doubt
On the third day, not after three days. That doctrine is erroneous

1 Like

Re: What’s So Good About Good Friday? by samazagudu(m): 2:16pm On Mar 25, 2016
Scatterscatter:

3days not 3days and night.
Now do the maths
but Jesus said in the book of Jonah ' as the Jonah was three days and three nights in the stomach of the whale so shall the son of a man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

1 Like

Re: What’s So Good About Good Friday? by samazagudu(m): 2:17pm On Mar 25, 2016
Scatterscatter:

3days not 3days and night.
Now do the maths
but Jesus said in the book of Jonah ' as the Jonah was three days and three nights in the stomach of the whale so shall the son of a man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.
sorry bro

1 Like

Re: What’s So Good About Good Friday? by sukkot: 3:42pm On Mar 25, 2016
it was changed to good friday when the devil took over. its like the absence of Jesus means the empire of the devil will thrive so the death of Jesus is celebrated by the devil hence why it was changed to good friday cuz it was a good day for the devil. but in actuality the real name is BLACK FRIDAY

1 Like

Re: What’s So Good About Good Friday? by BigVeinyDick: 3:53pm On Mar 25, 2016
sanandreas:
Jesus died for our sins. He paid the debt we owe.
who send am? shocked
Re: What’s So Good About Good Friday? by Strawman: 4:08pm On Mar 25, 2016
ayodele234:
Black man leave Jesus alone. No man called Jesus died for your sin, it is all bullshit. Why must your god be from Nazareth? It is stupid!

LOL! You probably thought your post was so sensible and enlightening and that you'll get likes for it! lol oh what a fail cheesy grin
Re: What’s So Good About Good Friday? by sagacious2016: 4:50pm On Mar 25, 2016
Xslaze3xd:
If Jesus died today Friday, and he resurrected 3 days later, then the day he resurrected should be monday not Sunday.
Cc: orator2383
clear my doubt

He was resurrected on the third day and not after three days.

1 Like

Re: What’s So Good About Good Friday? by Ohaneche(m): 4:56pm On Mar 25, 2016
What relevance do those points have to the phrase 'Good Friday'?? the simple reason it's called Good Friday is because it is believed to be the Friday that Jesus died for our Good, not Bad.
Your write-up is grammatically correct but with invalid points.
Re: What’s So Good About Good Friday? by Nobody: 5:08pm On Mar 25, 2016
sukkot:
it was changed to good friday when the devil took over. its like the absence of Jesus means the empire of the devil will thrive so the death of Jesus is celebrated by the devil hence why it was changed to good friday cuz it was a good day for the devil. but in actuality the real name is BLACK FRIDAY
My Brother Sukkot. I troway salute. We remain loyal grin

When did the devil take power? I thought the devil was within us??

How for ya side?
Re: What’s So Good About Good Friday? by charisma640: 5:11pm On Mar 25, 2016
hallelujah hallelujah hallelujah, d lord is good, d lord is good Amen Amen Amen thank u lord Jesus for dieing for my me to save me
Re: What’s So Good About Good Friday? by fast2015: 5:14pm On Mar 25, 2016
is called Good Friday because, is the day that Christ paid our debt in full on mountain Calvary

Re: What’s So Good About Good Friday? by Sunofgod(m): 5:16pm On Mar 25, 2016
Its a day of work...that's whats good about it.
Re: What’s So Good About Good Friday? by sukkot: 5:24pm On Mar 25, 2016
LoJ:

My Brother Sukkot. I troway salute. We remain loyal grin

When did the devil take power? I thought the devil was within us??

How for ya side?
[b] Brother Loj, I remain ever loyal. There is satan within everyone one of us but as well there are strong satanic forces controlling the world. the satanic forces controlling the world capitalize on the satan within you and me and makes us do his bidding. there were two major lights created in the book of genesis chapter 1. the light created on the first day was the satanic light. the greater light created on the fourth day is the righteous light ( i create both good and evil, I the lord do all these things ISAIAH 45 VS 7 ). so the point here is, there are strong satanic presences in this world who will stimulate the satanic presence in every individual to do evil. like how some people watch a violent film and it influences them to do violence. and the satanic presence has been prevalent in the world since the fall of the garden of eden aka the atlantean era of the elohims. ' I have said ye are gods but will fall like the children of men ' <<< so when the elohims fell is when the satanic forces took control cuz in the absence of light is darkness[/b] wink
Re: What’s So Good About Good Friday? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Mar 25, 2016
sukkot:
so when the elohims fell is when the satanic forces took control cuz in the absence of light is darkness wink
Thank you bredrin.

Now, did God create both light? That means God created the devil? Then the devil and people who allow themselves to be influenced by the devil, should not be blamed, since God is author of the devil... Or do I understand you wrong?

Again another question -please don't be bothered. Is God according to you limited to the Bible? Whithout the Bible can anyone have access to God and know his will?
Re: What’s So Good About Good Friday? by sukkot: 5:39pm On Mar 25, 2016
LoJ:

Thank you bredrin.

Now, did God create both light? That means God created the devil? Then the devil and people who allow themselves to be influenced by the devil, should not be blamed, since God is author of the devil... Or do I understand you wrong?

Again another question -please don't be bothered. Is God according to you limited to the Bible? Whithout the Bible can anyone have access to God and know his will?
isaiah 45 vs 7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil:

proverbs 16 vs 4 The Lord hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.

you have freewill to do good or evil. if you allow yourself to be influenced to kill another person you are saying we should let you go scot free because God created both good and evil ? . you do have freewill to choose. we are born to choose. thats what life is about, the choices you make will either sink you or make you float.

Is God limited to the bible ? no he is not but the entry level point is the bible. from conquering the bible he will let you soar to his other wisdom called the hidden manna hence the verse that says he who overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna. hidden manna is hidden esoteric wisdom
wink wink
Re: What’s So Good About Good Friday? by Nobody: 6:33pm On Mar 25, 2016
sukkot:

you have freewill to do good or evil. if you allow yourself to be influenced to kill another person you are saying we should let you go scot free because God created both good and evil ? . you do have freewill to choose. we are born to choose. thats what life is about, the choices you make will either sink you or make you float.

Is God limited to the bible ? no he is not but the entry level point is the bible. from conquering the bible he will let you soar to his other wisdom called the hidden manna hence the verse that says he who overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna. hidden manna is hidden esoteric wisdom
wink wink
But how can you tempt people by creating darkness, then blame them? Shoud Buhari give money to Saraki, then blame him of kwaruption? grin

Heu... What about those who have no access to the bible. Are they doomed just because they could not get any bible?

Thank you. Leave that bottle of red wine alone... I see you from afar grin
Re: What’s So Good About Good Friday? by sukkot: 6:40pm On Mar 25, 2016
LoJ:

But how can you tempt people by creating darkness, then blame them? Shoud Buhari give money to Saraki, then blame him of kwaruption? grin

Heu... What about those who have no access to the bible. Are they doomed just because they could not get any bible?

Thank you. Leave that bottle of red wine alone... I see you from afar grin
it is what it is, unless you are saying he should make us as programmed robots with no choices. everybody has access to the bible. its the internet age lol. EVERYBODY HAS ACCESS. wink cheesy
Re: What’s So Good About Good Friday? by Nobody: 6:50pm On Mar 25, 2016
sukkot:
it is what it is, unless you are saying he should make us as programmed robots with no choices. everybody has access to the bible. its the internet age lol. EVERYBODY HAS ACCESS. wink cheesy
No. There are countries where it is almost impossible. North Korea for instance.

Again, what of those who are simply ignorant about the Bible, or born in a context where it is despised. Or people of the bast, before the Bible was written.

Heu.. I am saying nothing. I was just asking questions, to understand your point. I do not say God created anyone programmed or not, just trying to see the depth and coherence of your teaching. I personally believe, for anything to be divine, it should first and foremost be coherent and be rooted in love and justice.

Greetings.
Re: What’s So Good About Good Friday? by sukkot: 7:02pm On Mar 25, 2016
LoJ:

No. There are countries where it is almost impossible. North Korea for instance.

Again, what of those who are simply ignorant about the Bible, or born in a context where it is despised. Or people of the bast, before the Bible was written.

Heu.. I am saying nothing. I was just asking questions, to understand your point. I do not say God created anyone programmed or not, just trying to see the depth and coherence of your teaching. I personally believe, for anything to be divine, it should first and foremost be coherent and be rooted in love and justice.

Greetings.
[b]its almost impossible to sin in korea because they have a righteous and strict government. that tells you the people in korea are righteous and strict somewhat because out of the populace comes the leaders. africans mostly have corrupt leaders because africans are corrupt ( out of the corrupt people comes the corrupt leaders ) and with a corrupt leader, corruption thrives all over, point being you have no point when you say its impossible to sin in korea because of the strict government lol.

and if you are born despising the bible then that means you have been rejected by God due to actions of past life. you owe a karmic debt that you have not paid and a block has being put in your spirit to where you can never gravitate to God or to the bible and even if you gravitate to the bible you will never understand it. so point being there is a good reason for everything you see. every soul will be introduced to the word of God once in his / her reincarnated lives. maybe if not in this life - in past life you were introduced to it. so you need to understand we dont live once. we live forever. the spirit never dies.[/b] wink
Re: What’s So Good About Good Friday? by Nobody: 7:11pm On Mar 25, 2016
sukkot:
its almost impossible to sin in korea because they have a righteous and strict government. wink
You mean they don't need the bible, because government already does the job? mmkay. By the way, would you like to live in North Korea and be worshipping the King with no freedom whatsoever? Again, is constrained and forced obedience tantamount to true sincere obedience?

There are countries with great democracy where people are also righteous. Or am I wrong?

If the spirit never dies, what according to you becomes of the "wicked" after judgment day?
Re: What’s So Good About Good Friday? by sukkot: 7:26pm On Mar 25, 2016
LoJ:

You mean they don't need the bible, because government already does the job? mmkay. By the way, would you like to live in North Korea and be worshipping the King with no freedom whatsoever? Again, is constrained and forced obedience tantamount to true sincere obedience?

There are countries with great democracy where people are also righteous. Or am I wrong?

If the spirit never dies, what according to you becomes of the "wicked" after judgment day?
there are many christians in korea. however there christian path will be easier because not too many distractions cuz everybody is somewhat on a righteous path. and everyday is judgement day. there is no one day called judgement day. its written like that in the bible but everyday is judgement day. when you see a man get in an accident and dies ? thats judgement. when you see a man shot by armed robbers and he dies ? thats judgement. when someone loses their house and becomes homeless ? thats judgement etc etc. judgement happens everyday. the judgement day spoken about in the bible is power transfer from satan back to the elohims

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What’s So Good About Good Friday? by Nobody: 7:33pm On Mar 25, 2016
sukkot:
the judgement day spoken about in the bible is power transfer from satan back to the elohims
That's the one I was referring to. What becomes of the wicked?

Heu... In case you might have doubts, I do not believe in the (inerrancy) Bible, nor any "holy" book. I'm just asking questions, to understand your opinion, and see if I can learn something from there.
Re: What’s So Good About Good Friday? by Nobody: 8:12pm On Mar 25, 2016
Strawman:

LOL! You probably thought your post was so sensible and enlightening and that you'll get likes for it! lol oh what a fail cheesy grin

Guy don't be a slave. Jesus is a dog! How long are you guys going to continue living in darkness? Who gives a Bleep about likes? Even white people wey get Jesus don dey leave am, African man won die for another man thing
Re: What’s So Good About Good Friday? by Strawman: 8:51pm On Mar 25, 2016
ayodele234:

Guy don't be a slave. Jesus is a dog! How long are you guys going to continue living in darkness? Who gives a Bleep about likes? Even white people wey get Jesus don dey leave am, African man won die for another man thing

E pain am cheesy
Re: What’s So Good About Good Friday? by omoelu1(m): 9:54pm On Mar 25, 2016
the same thing that is black about Black Friday
Re: What’s So Good About Good Friday? by SporaD8: 10:34pm On Mar 25, 2016
LoJ:

Greetings.
Let me add a little contribution.
The Reason why the second coming of Christ is being belayed is to ensure the good news is being preached throughout the four corners of the earth.
Concerning those in the past, the righteous ones will be resurrected(Abraham, David, Samuel etc) all these men are like a prophet unto themselves. while the memory of the rest will be forgotten in hade(translated hell).
But now with Christ sacrifice, that veil of priesthood had been broken.
Instead of going to God through ram blood and priest, you go in the name of Jesus(a living sacrifice who abide forever in God's presence). Anyone who refuse to go through Jesus has rejected God's greatest gift to mankind.
God has already made it clear he is no longer interested in burnt offering or sacrifice offering.(Isaiah 1:11)
Re: What’s So Good About Good Friday? by awoluyi(m): 3:16am On Mar 26, 2016
samazagudu:

. Going by the above scripture, it's clear that Jesus Christ was killed on Wednesday and burried in the evening of same day and resurrected on Sunday morning. I as a christian, "good wednesday" or "good friday" is not an issue to me. What it is of great importance to me is the redemptive work Jesus did on my behalf. He came, died and resurrected on my behalf. Resurrection points to the fact that after life here, there will be reward for every work done on earth either good or bad. Glory be to God.
Re: What’s So Good About Good Friday? by Nobody: 8:31am On Mar 26, 2016
Well, it's simple, really. As you may have already noticed, "Good Friday" is a redundancy, 'cuz it's, well, a Friday, and obviously ALL Fridays are GOOD. It's an honorary pleonasm, you see. Kinda like the phrase "basic fundamentals". Frankly speaking, you may as well be calling it "Friday Friday", or "Good Good".

Don't quote me. You know I'm right and you agree tongue

2 Likes

Re: What’s So Good About Good Friday? by candidbabe(f): 10:22am On Mar 26, 2016
BigVeinyDick:
who send am? shocked
The almighty GOD
Re: What’s So Good About Good Friday? by candidbabe(f): 11:06am On Mar 26, 2016
ayodele234:

For typing this, ask God for forgiveness if not you are doomed forever.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mention Few Common Practices Between Islam And Christianity. / Bible Study: A New Look into the Word of God / Prophetic Warfare Prayers For Destroying Witchcraft Spiritual Feedings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.