Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,833 members, 7,824,469 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:52 AM

Would You Vote For IBB (Babangida) In 2007? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Would You Vote For IBB (Babangida) In 2007? (2484 Views)

Photo: General Murtala Mohammed Shakes Hand With Lt. Col. Babangida In 1975 / Abdulsalami Abubakar And Ibrahim Babangida In Their Youthful Days (photo) / Maryam Babangida Killed Dele Giwa & Left Bongos Ikwue (her Ex-hubby) For Ibb (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Vote For IBB (Babangida) In 2007? by ajolayo(m): 7:39am On Nov 09, 2006
Hi Guys,
I have made up my mind not to vote in the 2007 elections but if I ever change my mind, I think I might cast the vote for IBB come 2007.

I wanted to know what you guys feel about it and who is thinking in the same direction. smiley

Ciao
Re: Would You Vote For IBB (Babangida) In 2007? by Jaybaba(m): 10:20am On Nov 09, 2006
Ajolayo,
Pls register when the registration begins. That is your part in making things better. It is also a MUST for you to vote credible people who are clamoring for a cause you believe in.
Do not be indifferent for that has kept us like this.
On IBB, May God forbid!
Nigerians should know better. He had 8 years when he was absolute ruler and military dictator and he could not do anything right. Now he wants to rule us again.
Simple. God forbid o!

1 Like

Re: Would You Vote For IBB (Babangida) In 2007? by BigB11(m): 4:20pm On Nov 09, 2006
For now, IBB is the only candidate that has no reason to fail.
He's begging and craving to return to correct things.

For now, he's the only candidate that understands what is going on in Nigeria. He has the skill, experience and respect to reform Nigeria effectively and efficiently.

Don't waste your time folks, IBB has what it takes to move Nigeria forward faster.

Don't misunderstand me, IBB is not a saint just like the rest, but at this point there is nothing to lose.

I will give him a chance to redeem himself.
Re: Would You Vote For IBB (Babangida) In 2007? by Odeku(m): 4:28pm On Nov 09, 2006
Big B1:

He's begging and craving to return to correct things.

EXACTLY can't you see from the way he look yesterday with your brother behind him? tell him he can beg all he want we are saying No all the way. on a serious note . Hafsat Abiola is on her way to Abuja next week and we are taking this election to another level. stay tune

1 Like

Re: Would You Vote For IBB (Babangida) In 2007? by joshO: 5:18pm On Nov 09, 2006
Big BI,

I have to say your comments on IBB are quite interesting, , but I disagree with them nontheless.

IBB is a colossus of a man agreed, albeit an accomplished violator of our nation state.  Even if he were to be my father or grand father for that matter,  his babariga would not be big enough to blind me from the curruption and ineptitude he has entreched in our society.  

I'm not prepared, and neither should anyone in their rightful minds,  to take a chance on IBB, allowing him another clear run of our national conscience, There are many more qualified candidates - Duke, Akinluyi, Odili to name a few -  for anyone to be wasting their time with this wasteful skunk of a man!!

IBB's candidacy should be viewed extraneosly and put in it's proper context -  a non-issue.

1 Like

Re: Would You Vote For IBB (Babangida) In 2007? by twinstaiye(m): 5:26pm On Nov 09, 2006
Whoever campaining that IBB should be our next president should take a visit to the household of Dele Giwa, Mamman Vatsa, June 12 heroes (i.e those who lost families during the June 12 struggle) and of course families of those that were separated as a result of urgent movement of the nation capital to Abuja in his regime. There and then, you will know he is not fit to be our next leader. He has offer us what he can, and if as a military he cant do better than that when he doesnt need house of assembly to antagonize him, I dont see him performing as a civilian.
But the way he is carrying out his campaign, I am afraid that he will win, and we will end up biting our fingers. Having said this however, no one, and I insist that no one is above God. Those we cant deal with, we left them to God to fight for us.
Re: Would You Vote For IBB (Babangida) In 2007? by Odeku(m): 5:31pm On Nov 09, 2006
rememberjust a DECOY OBJ will be remeber after this election as the man who stop IBB and his greed ambition

My question is How does this man sleeps at night and kiss his children after driving down the streets and sees the magnitude of his corruption effects on Nigerians?  PEOPLE pay attention, look at the people that went to the PDP office yesterday with IBB

had in his entourage his former Chief of General Staff (CGS), Admiral Augustus Aikhomu, Governor Abdulkadir Kure of Niger State, Deputy Governor of Niger State, Mr. Shem Nuhu Zagbayi, Chief of Staff to Babangida, Col. Habibu Shuaibu (rtd.), former Internal Affairs Minister, General John Shagaya and former Aviation Minister and governorship aspirant in Bauchi State, Mallam Isa Yuguda.
Others included Babangida’s first son, Mohammed, former Sports as well as Special Duties Minister, Col. Musa Mohammed, Senator Idris Kuta, Senator Nuhu Aliyu, Ambassador Leo Okogwu, Professor Omo Omoruyi, Col. Halilu Akilu, Alhaji Umaru Ndanusa, AVM Hamza Abdullahi, Chief Ombo Isokrari, Chief (Mrs.) Josephine Anenih, Chief Rufus Ada-George, Mrs. Catherine Hoomkwap, as well as chieftains of The Nigeria Project (TNP) from the United States of America-Mr. E.J. Agbonayinma, Mr. Teddy Obaseki and Mr. Steve Olaye.
Leaders of the PDP at the occasion were National Secretary, Chief Ojo Maduekwe, Deputy National Chairman (South) Chief Olabode George, National Vice Chairman (North Central zone), Alhaji Abubakar Magaji, Chief Chukwu Ozichukwu, Chief Victor Odili and many others.

This are the same people that distroy our beloved country.   this is a clear indication they have no passion or sympathy for the common man

1 Like

Re: Would You Vote For IBB (Babangida) In 2007? by Odeku(m): 5:33pm On Nov 09, 2006
haba we can't leave this fight for God my friend we have to stand, rebel and God will assist us.
Re: Would You Vote For IBB (Babangida) In 2007? by ajolayo(m): 12:18am On Nov 10, 2006
Odeku,
I suggest that you lead the rebellion and let them use your blood to wash the streets of Lagos. I would pray for you. Then we can count you as one of the heroes of Democracy in Nigeria.

Some of us are still living in dreamland thinking that we really have a huge hand in the final outcome of these elections.

Now why would I vote for IBB at all? Its not that I do not despise him but these are facts that support his candidature:

1 He is experienced as per the Nigerian context. To rule Nigeria is not an easy job. Its not meant for the lily-hearted. Its not classroom exeprience you need. A professor would mess up badly. Its been proved that all statistics in Nigeria confound professionals. Our system of economy does not respect any known law of economics. Our situation is different.

2. He is respected within the military. There is little or no probabilty that he would be overthrown by a coup détat.

3. He seems to be a changed [erson and seems to now have the interest of the country at heart. He seems to want to want to come back to make amends.

4. He is blunt and not lily hearted. He would not be boxed into a corner by either other politicians or our corrupt National Assembly.

5. He seems intelligent. I can't explain it but he really seems intelligent. (Don't crucify me on this)

6. He probably would win no matter what I do in the first place, so what the heck

As I have maintained I am not voting but if I do, these points are good aren't they??
Re: Would You Vote For IBB (Babangida) In 2007? by Odeku(m): 12:49am On Nov 10, 2006
Nope they are not good point, they are points from a sell out citizen. How can you open your mouth and say he is respected leading by fear is not respect dude
can you repent if you don't even acknowledge and ask for forgiveness?

I SWEAR TO ALLAH SOME NIGERIANS NEED TO BE IN SLAVE LAND

do you think all the Nigerians oversears wont be glad coming home if the economy is good, man I'm done talking to all you sell outs.

I'm glad your parents will be proud of you for supporting a dictator. How many news paper did IBB closed while in office? how many people did he blindly jail, you can't teach an old dog new tricks
Re: Would You Vote For IBB (Babangida) In 2007? by imageman(m): 1:02am On Nov 10, 2006
Hellll noooo!!! to Ibb.
Re: Would You Vote For IBB (Babangida) In 2007? by BigB11(m): 3:16am On Nov 10, 2006
Ajolayo: May Allah bless you. I've tried everything to send this message and these folks seem not to be getting it.

Trust me, it will take Mr. Duke at least 6 years to truly understand what he's up against as the next president of Nigeria. He's a fine man, but he also needs some time to develop.

If we want improvement right away, IBB is the answer. He's strong, ready and very focused. He has what it takes. Even OBJ is not even close, IBB is a true leader and the only candidate to reform Nigeria effectively and faster.

I promise you, we are all going to jubilate, he's going to be the next president. And Nigeria will be back as the Giant of Africa; this time, for ever.

May God bless Nigeria.
Re: Would You Vote For IBB (Babangida) In 2007? by BigB11(m): 3:23am On Nov 10, 2006
ODEKU: come on over with your people. I give you only 3 days to realize the energy and you will quickly return back to your slave yard (Chicago).

It is inevitable, IBB is our next president.

You need to start communicating with your papa, he knows what up; infact he's already starting to dance for IBB and comes 2007, he will dance some more (if you know what I mean, my friend.)
Re: Would You Vote For IBB (Babangida) In 2007? by ajolayo(m): 8:18am On Nov 10, 2006
Odeku,
I aint no sell out citizen. I have read and reread his interviews in the recent times. I have sat down to consider it.
You might not agree but he is well respected in the military. Take that.
experience in leading Nigeria is not easy. Its also not negotiable.
I am not a politician and would never be one. I am not campaigning for him but he seems to have a good chance and I think Nigeria might do well under him.
My parents do not even support IBB. My admiration is personal.
Sometimes too, the devil you have recognised is a better friend than the angel you have not tested. (He could be a worse devil when tested).

Ciao
Re: Would You Vote For IBB (Babangida) In 2007? by zexyworm: 8:25am On Nov 10, 2006
IBB is the Devil.

His PDP ticket is one-way to hell.
Re: Would You Vote For IBB (Babangida) In 2007? by Bolarge(m): 10:04am On Nov 10, 2006
Every well-meaning Nigerian knows IBB is a curse.He is cursed and all pertaining to him is cursed.Any vote for him is tantamount to a curse on this nation.All the blood he has shed will speak from their graves and curse IBB and all the political prostitutes that encompass him with the view to mortgaging our destiny as a nation a second time.He thinks he's smart.He thinks he has everything all worked out.So did Abacha.
Re: Would You Vote For IBB (Babangida) In 2007? by otokx(m): 11:37am On Nov 10, 2006
I am looking for where to register with touch light but I cannot see.
Re: Would You Vote For IBB (Babangida) In 2007? by ajolayo(m): 3:31pm On Nov 10, 2006
Pls can any one of you give me 7 solid reasons why IBB should not be voted for and another 7 reasons why he thinks whoever he thinks should be president should be voted for.

Otoxx, look properly or at worst stay in your backyard
Re: Would You Vote For IBB (Babangida) In 2007? by Odeku(m): 4:08pm On Nov 10, 2006
1) The Sokoto caliphate by installing an unwanted Sultan to cause division within the hitherto strong Sokoto caliphate.
(2) The destruction of the peoples of Plateau State, especially the Lantang people, as a balancing force in the body politics of this country.
(3) The buying of the press by generous monetary favours and the usage of State Security Service, SSS, as a tool of terror.
(4) The intent to cow the students by the promulgation of the draconian decree Number 47.
(5) The cowing of the university teaching and non-teaching staff by an intended massive purge, using the 150 million dollar loan as the necessitating factor.
(6) Deliberately withholding funds to the armed forces to make them ineffective and also crowning his diabolical scheme through the intended retrenchment of more than half of the members of the armed forces.
(7) His appointment of himself as a minister of defence, his putting under his direct control the SSS, his deliberate manipulation of the transition programme, his introduction of inconceivable, unrealistic and impossible political options, his recent fraternisation with other African leaders that have installed themselves as life presidents and his dogged determination to create a secret force called the national guard, independent of the armed forces and the police which will be answerable to himself alone, both operationally and administratively.
(cool The shabby and dishonorable treatment meted on the longest serving Nigerian general in the person of General Domkat Bali, who in actual fact had given credibility to the Babangida administration.
(9) The disgraceful and inexplicable removal of Commodore Ebitu Ukiwe, Professor Tam David-West, Mr. Aret Adams and so on from office.
(10) The deliberate disruption of the educational culture and retarding its place to su
Re: Would You Vote For IBB (Babangida) In 2007? by Odeku(m): 4:28pm On Nov 10, 2006
im still compiling the list, so stay tune
Re: Would You Vote For IBB (Babangida) In 2007? by BUSHFELLOW(m): 6:29pm On Nov 10, 2006
Odeku this things are not new thesame thing are going on now. So the best thing for sure is to vote in a fresh person. Some one who has not been there before.

Every body gunnig for that post now from the PDP camp is a crook. I beat my chest to that
Re: Would You Vote For IBB (Babangida) In 2007? by Odeku(m): 7:07pm On Nov 10, 2006
I am positive and 100% sure Duke will do a fantastic job
Re: Would You Vote For IBB (Babangida) In 2007? by ajolayo(m): 5:01pm On Nov 11, 2006
Odeku,
What gives you such an assurance. 100% is too great for any man. Besides I think he would not do very well. I mean his intentions might be right and good and I think the expectation might just be too hig for him to meet up with.
Odeku your expectations are high, so are other Nigerians.
Are you sure Duke can meet that?

Give 7 reasons you think so.

I am not sure your reasons for the IBB issue are good enough. Let me listen to the rest of your compilation.
Re: Would You Vote For IBB (Babangida) In 2007? by BigB11(m): 6:39pm On Nov 11, 2006
We definitely have a problem here, because people have stopped thinking and started to draft toward the wrong direction; you need to pull all my post and you will quickly realize that I'm not opposing Mr Duke, infact he has my full support, but I need to see that fire in his face. I mean, who wants a president that will be pushed around?
I need to see that he can withstand the pressure when the heavy rain starts pouring.
I'm just not going to join the dead heads just because Cross Rivers happens to be a clean state; I need more than a clean southern state to make my election decision, period.

You guys just refuse to see the light, it is deadly when thousands of people sleep and face the same direction. I refuse to be part of this group.

You have to deeply think to truly see where I'm coming from.

Mr Duke is a fine docile man, a great future for Nigeria. But at the moment, he will not be successful as the Nigerian next president; he needs time to develop.

Most people in here are too blind to see the light, even though the light is shinning directly into their eyes, but they still can not see.
I also think that the big problem here is encircled with the fact that most people do not care about Nigeria, they only care about the delinquent and neglectful goal of their tribe. And Nigeria will never never move forward with this type of mentality.

It's not about igbo, yoruba or HAUSA. It's about moving Nigeria forward efectively and competently; we are not ready to be led by a boy scout. We need an experienced strong leader who is highly respected by majority.

There is no way anyone without a solid experience will survive as the next Nigeria president.
It will take at least 6 years for Duke to truly understand what he's up against as the president.

It is not fair to him, if you truly admire this individual, then you will advise him to return in 2011; 2007 is no longer vacant.

1. FYI: Not to take anything away from Mr Duke, but If you're smart and on top of your game, it doesn't take that much to become a great governor or clean up a state.

2. FYI: There is no clean governor in Nigeria, trust me.
Just wait and see, more info will come out when the time is right, the same way the Money laundering presidential jet came out. Be patient and you will be able to truly select among the good, the bad and the ugly.

3. FYI: Mr. Duke is a very smart man, he doesn't want to be the next Nigerian president. He's only doing this to prepare himself for the 2011 presidential election; but folks are too dull to realize it.

And finally, remember that majority carries the vote in my country, hence I'm not dismayed by couple of voices in side nairaland mansion.
I believe time will tell soon.

May God bless Nigeria
Re: Would You Vote For IBB (Babangida) In 2007? by Odeku(m): 10:49pm On Nov 11, 2006
Im Going to be the president come 2011
Duke is setting the stage for me, and me and Duke will send IBb to KIRIKIRI, how you like me now BIGB1
Re: Would You Vote For IBB (Babangida) In 2007? by BigB11(m): 11:10pm On Nov 11, 2006
Dude in your dream, you're not even qualified to manage a McDonald's Restaurant (managing couple tenagers flipping burgers).
You need to slow down and stop insulting Nigerians in general.
Re: Would You Vote For IBB (Babangida) In 2007? by Odeku(m): 2:23am On Nov 12, 2006
You GORDEM right I am over qualified to run a Mc'dee if your dumb ass know anything about the state you will know Mc dee managers is like last result for drop outs. You coming to Rckview Plaza dude to carry my luggage?
Re: Would You Vote For IBB (Babangida) In 2007? by lewa(m): 2:29am On Nov 12, 2006
IBB should rot in hell. Never again should we let the evil genius be allowed unfettered access to our treasury. The man should be brought to book to answer for his innumerable despicable criminal acts against humanity.
Re: Would You Vote For IBB (Babangida) In 2007? by Mariory(m): 4:55am On Nov 12, 2006
Big B1:

you need to pull all my post and you will quickly realize that I'm not opposing Mr Duke, infact he has my full support, but I need to see that fire in his face.

*Laughing my ass off.*

You mean the fire that assures you of money when he's in power. Is that what they call it in IBB's camp?
Re: Would You Vote For IBB (Babangida) In 2007? by BigB11(m): 6:39am On Nov 12, 2006
Mariory Blackness aka desperate house wife.

Why do you want to do this again with me?

You've tried this many times and you've been totally unsuccessful. I thought by now you should have known better who to pick on.

It is democracy in my country, which means we all have right to select who ever we desire to be our next president.

As you know my mind is wide open; I will not hesitate to change my selection if I discover a stronger candidate, but for now IBB is my man. He will take us there effectively and competently. Moreover he has absolutely no reason to fail, while the others have many reasons.

My friend Revolution is currently working with me and I'm learning a-lot. Who knows what tomorrow will bring?

But for you to show up today with your FAT round black/purple face to pick on me is unnecessary and uncivilized. You need to chill out and find yourself a new man, because Emeka's father isn't coming back home; and obviously you and I do not have chemistry.

So get off my back, I'm not your husband and will never be.

FYI People, MARIORY is a woman, even though her profile says male, trust me.
Re: Would You Vote For IBB (Babangida) In 2007? by ajolayo(m): 9:08am On Nov 12, 2006
I am screaming with laughter wih the differnt posts in this thread.

Odeku, come 2011 I would vote for your lousy a** but first demonstrate to me that you would not be killed within 24 hours.

I am not an IBB sycophant b ut I find myself agreeing with Big B1. BUt Big B1 don't think I am voting for IBB, I just think the points are more in his favour than anybody else.

Duke needs more than what he's got now. He needs maturity in the Nigerian Political landscape. Nigeria as I will always say is not the same thing as Cross river. They are 2 different things entirely and Nigeria is not the larger version of Cross River either. The experience in Cross-River would be essentiallybe crap compared to all he'll need to manage and take Nigeria out of the doldrums.

But Odeku, give me the reasons I asked for? (Why you think Duke is it)
Re: Would You Vote For IBB (Babangida) In 2007? by joshO: 10:21am On Nov 12, 2006
I will not hesitate to change my selection if I discover a stronger candidate, but for now IBB is my man

Please support IBB for whatever reason you see fit, but please don't insult our intelligence on this forum. Our memories are not that short. IBB is retrogressive, evil, virtueless, and selfish. Yes he is strong, strength that he applies in subdueing his adversaries and conning the nation at will, he belongs to the gallows,

Duke needs more than what he's got now. He needs maturity in the Nigerian Political landscape

In Nigeria, experience is overated. The leader we need now should be experienced, but should have vission above everything else. Let's focus on that now. We've had 'experienced' leaders in our history that have brought us no joy. Duke will certainly get my full support.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Otunba Mike Adeniyi Ishola Adenuga Has Been Cleared By The Senate. / Shame On Our Country: 10 Yr Old Chose Death Than Go Back To Nigeria. / The Deplorable State Of Education In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.