Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,250 members, 7,818,866 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:55 AM

What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? - Family (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? (57874 Views)

Why Nigerian Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Woman / I Have Been Sleeping With Your Wife – Man Tells Neighbour (pics) / It's Stupidity To Divorce Your Wife Because She Cheats On You - Nigerian Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? by udumosam23(m): 9:29pm On Apr 05, 2016
lastpage:

"Mugun" raised to power 3! grin grin
The day you will realize your folly that "the act is still on-going", you'll probably have a heart attack! grin grin grin

Even God Himself (in his mercies) ...draws a "red line" which no one must cross ....else there is No Forgiveness!
That red line is "Blaspheming the Holy Spirit".
Go and read your Bible to find out.

How much more an ordinary humanbeing?

Look, l can only ask you to "keep it up"! undecided undecided

Lastpage!

Not sure you got me. I didn't say I never get offended or we don't fight.

I only said I took a vow to love and cherish till death do us part. I promise to love, that promise I'll keep.

it is I vow that I took in the presence of God and witnesses, it is a vow to cherish.

my understanding of marriage is that it reflects God's relationship with man. and we are admonished to love our wives as Christ loves the church.

Have you ever wondered how many times God has caught us pants down in sin? most time in arrogance we walked away from Him. but each we do, He still comes for us you know why?

Because He has promised. we've become part of the covenant of grace. did we merit it? did we work for it? are we qualify for it?
no, not at all, but He did all these to prove His love. "For even when we are yet sinners Christ died for us".

And I tell you, if you're a christian and your home doesn't reflect this love, beginning with the love you have for your wife and children, then you're not fit to proclaim the love of God.

For how will you convince others that God loves them when you can't even love your wife? its silly. without a love to deostrate, you can't even win your family to God.

3 Likes

Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? by udumosam23(m): 9:45pm On Apr 05, 2016
PureWays:
Really??
Your kind of man is so rare, I pray you don't get in the hands of a bad woman..

Amen. God doesn't offer a bad gift. He has given me a wife I'm contented with.

If you depend on Him for a spouse, He will give you too.

If you have already and you're not satisfied with what you have, He can still fix it. He is the author of life and love. Anything He touches changes from bad or worse to perfect.

When you find Him, you've found life and love.
Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? by McSteph: 10:45pm On Apr 05, 2016
missbronze:
I don't really agree with your last statement.

Situations can make people do something drastic.

Let's look at this scenario for eg,

A wife and her husband have a kid who is critically ill and hospital wouldn't commence treatment unless a deposit is made.

husband and wife runs around for money, yet. no help.
( let's say husband have no job and poor)

Wife now runs to a rich neighbor for assistance, and he asks to sleep with her before rendering assistance.

Believe me, it will take a strong woman not to give in to save her child.

But, if she gives in for her child, will you say she has been planning it?
And bliv me, d child will still die because it's expected of her to look up to God for help not man. She might not think abt it though
Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? by stpat1(m): 10:51pm On Apr 05, 2016
missbronze:
I don't really agree with your last statement.

Situations can make people do something drastic.

Let's look at this scenario for eg,

A wife and her husband have a kid who is critically ill and hospital wouldn't commence treatment unless a deposit is made.

husband and wife runs around for money, yet. no help.
( let's say husband have no job and poor)

Wife now runs to a rich neighbor for assistance, and he asks to sleep with her before rendering assistance.

Believe me, it will take a strong woman not to give in to save her child.

But, if she gives in for her child, will you say she has been planning it?

That's not cheating cos it's more or less under duress. That's not the situation op is talking about.
Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? by Nobody: 11:11pm On Apr 05, 2016
To be honest if I cheated, I would never expect to be forgiven. I would pack my load jejely and leave.

For me to cheat, it means I am totally done with the marriage. I can't see any reason that would ever make me cheat. I would rather just divorce and move on than going out to cheat.

I really think it's much worse for a woman to cheat than a man purely because women are the ones who give birth.the worst thing you can do is pass off another mans child to someone

4 Likes

Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? by lastpage: 2:08am On Apr 06, 2016
Arsenate:
I won't expect her to forgive me. She should just walk away undecided
I'm no hypocrite; I judge and treat people using the same standard I will love them to do me.

A lot of people expect to "eat their Cake,.... and still have it"!

Life is never like that.

Women especially, Married Women in particular, know what it means, to cheat on their Husband!
Those who do it know it is NEVER a MISTAKE..... and so does not even warrant a forgiveness!
But they just want to do it and still retain the ability to remain in marriage to their husband!

So, they are using the "equality treatment" as an EXCUSE to achieve their aim.
Its that simple!

Whether a Woman forgives her cheating husband, is in itself a matter of "her personal choice" and she should not be vilified for refusing to forgive him...........

but in the Nigerian setting, most women know that "not to forgive" him is not enough punishment....until that "Women's Bill" which can allow them to throw him out of the family Home (as done in Western Countries) is passed into Law.

So, the best option most decide to chose for now, is that they also should be forgiven and allowed to do it without consequence! grin grin

Lastpage!
Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? by lastpage: 2:14am On Apr 06, 2016
udumosam23:

Amen. God doesn't offer a bad gift. He has given me a wife I'm contented with.

If you depend on Him for a spouse, He will give you too.

If you have already and you're not satisfied with what you have, He can still fix it. He is the author of life and love. Anything He touches changes from bad or worse to perfect.

When you find Him, you've found life and love.

But you siad your wife has cheated on you before..... and you chose to forgive her! (in your previous post).

How do you consider a wife that cheats on her husband, "A good wife.... from God"?
Truly, God does not give a bad gift so, can l not conclude that your cheating wife is no where near a "gift from God"?

God does not give you a "bad wife/Gift" ........and then hope to "fix it" while you suffer the consequence!

I hope you are not just saying all these to appear as a "Ladies-man" ? grin grin

Abeg, stop using religion to becloud yourself! WAKE-UP Oooo grin grin

Lastpage!
Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? by charmingeyes(m): 7:32pm On Apr 18, 2016
missbronze:
why I made reference to that, is to show there is no sin that isn't worth forgiving. No matter how heavy it may seem.

Do you know the bible that preached about divorcing on the ground of cheating, also preached about forgiveness.

'Forgive us our sins, as we forgive those who sin against us'. That was the prayer our Lord himself taught us. So, in this context, don't you think all sin should be forgiven (even adultary), if we want God to forgive us too?

Anyway, you re right.
These things depend on the mood of the person involved.
Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? by Taryur3(m): 11:01pm On May 16, 2016
TheProphetess:

Why?
Why the double standards?
Why can men sleep with too many women and it's good?
The same way you're wishing you'll never come across a girl like her is the same way any self respecting woman won't want to come across you.
No one wants to be serviced by over used dick.
Lols....Dick ain't slack .78percent of men are still very active at 80.but the reverse is the case for the opposite gender.so it's not good for ladies to cheat.double standard is common in America not in Nigeria.we regards to them as slots...Ashawo.
Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? by PureWays(m): 11:32pm On May 16, 2016
Taryur3:

Lols....Dick ain't slack .78percent of men are still very active at 80.but the reverse is the case for the opposite gender.so it's not good for ladies to cheat.double standard is common in America not in Nigeria.we regards to them as slots...Ashawo.
As thought provoking as this may sound, it's the truth..
Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? by Taryur3(m): 3:50am On May 17, 2016
PureWays:
As thought provoking as this may sound, it's the truth..
yea...@Pureway...you know the truth always sounds bitter.
Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? by PureWays(m): 7:03am On May 17, 2016
Taryur3:

yea...@Pureway...you know the truth always sounds bitter.
Yeah
Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? by TheProphetess(f): 5:54pm On May 17, 2016
Taryur3:

I thought Nigerians keep claiming to be Christians. I thought your bible said not to commit sexual immorality and adultery?

Small time you'll go to church and shout gods name.

Also I'm not really understanding your point. Try explaining again.
Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? by Taryur3(m): 11:13pm On May 17, 2016
TheProphetess:
I thought Nigerians keep claiming to be Christians. I thought your bible said not to commit sexual immorality and adultery?

Small time you'll go to church and shout gods name.

Also I'm not really understanding your point. Try explaining again.
The prophetess...if you are a nigerian ,I see no reason for you to direct those questions to me.am only telling you that females suffered it more when it comes to cheating and feel rejected.thanks.
Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? by diva90: 5:07am On May 18, 2016
AccidentalGenius:
once she cheats, she Leaves!

it's something she carefully thought of before she did it

And once he cheats, what happens? You see the unfairness in that statement? It means that any woman that catches her husband cheating is also entitled to divorce him

1 Like

Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? by TheProphetess(f): 6:28am On May 18, 2016
Taryur3:

The prophetess...if you are a nigerian ,I see no reason for you to direct those questions to me.am only telling you that females suffered it more when it comes to cheating and feel rejected.thanks.

Okay. I see.

I posed those questions because it seems like the consensus in this country that if women cheat it's bad but if men cheat it's forgivable even though people claim to be religious and religious books warn not to commit adultery.
It's just hypocrisy.

1 Like

Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? by PureWays(m): 9:53am On May 18, 2016
TheProphetess:

Okay. I see.

I posed those questions because it seems like the consensus in this country that if women cheat it's bad but if men cheat it's forgivable even though people claim to be religious and religious books warn not to commit adultery.
It's just hypocrisy.
Yes it is hypocrisy.
Deal with it ma'am.
Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? by TheProphetess(f): 10:19am On May 18, 2016
PureWays:
Yes it is hypocrisy.
Deal with it ma'am.

No I refuse to.
The same way black people refused to 'deal with it' when they were treated badly by whites.
Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? by PureWays(m): 10:38am On May 18, 2016
TheProphetess:

No I refuse to.
The same way black people refused to 'deal with it' when they were treated badly by whites.
Obama is the President of the United state and he's black.
Everyone gets treated the way he/she deserves, even if you are being rejected or treated badly by a white person because you are black, you can prove otherwise to what they've stereotyped your kind to be with your actions and reactions.

All we are saying is that, people frown at cheating women often than men, women suffer mostly in this regard.
It is generally known that men have higher urge for sex than women, it's a fact we all need to deal with.
Anyways, I don't want to argue this much with you. I have proof of my assertions already.
Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? by AccidentalGenius: 12:18pm On May 18, 2016
diva90:

And once he cheats, what happens? You see the unfairness in that statement? It means that any woman that catches her husband cheating is also entitled to divorce him
of course she is. I never said she wasn't. Nigerians and conclusions sef. As for me, i'll send her packing. The ladies can leave their man if they want to. Thats not my problem

1 Like

Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? by Taryur3(m): 6:55pm On May 18, 2016
TheProphetess:

Okay. I see.

It's just hypocrisy.
It's not good for any of the party to cheat.I hope am free now.lol. but come are you really a prophetess?
Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? by Titilayooni(f): 6:16pm On May 20, 2016
firstEVA:
Men hardly forgive a cheating spouse, if for any reason she remains in his house as wife, she will not enjoy the marriage.
but they expect you as a woman to forgive when they cheat...MEN!!!
Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? by Nobody: 3:42pm On May 22, 2016
dare2differ:
look at them

Who are the husbands of those cheating married men?

Or Are they married to stones? tongue

Don't worry you will never know
That's why nobody 'liked' your comment. It's just like you. So wise.
Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? by Nobody: 3:50pm On May 22, 2016
SexyStrawberry:
Men will never ever forgive a cheating spouse, [b]so why should women forgive their men for cheating on them?[b] i don't get it, for me the equation has to balance, [b]as long as u as a man will never forgive me for cheating, i will never forgive u as well[b] coz I'm not Jesus' younger sister, and any man who claims he has forgiven his spouse, check very very well, she'll never enjoy that union ever again.
First of all, we don't need your forgiveness cos we bought you from your parents..

Secondly, So you don't know a 'BOSS' when you see one
Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? by Nobody: 4:37pm On May 22, 2016
We know your mother is a property. We also know that he is her owner

@Op, that is if you get to know smiley
Perfectdanny:

First of all, we don't need your forgiveness cos we bought you from your parents..

Secondly, So you don't know a 'BOSS' when you see one
Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? by Nobody: 6:00pm On May 22, 2016
daretodiffer:
We know your mother is a property. We also know that he is her owner

@Op, that is if you get to know smiley
Owk. But i swear i no undastnd u o. grin grin grin grin
Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jan 25, 2017
foyeks2001:

A sin that a man refuses to forgive his wife or sin a woman refuses to forgive her husband will hinder one from making heaven... Pastor W.F. Kumuyi....choose wisely

Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jan 25, 2017
streetzdreamz:
Weird,most of the comments says "i cant forgive,the memory lingers and keeps haunting" seems we all forgot the major culprit in this scenario is we men,its only in rare occasions you see a woman bring home another mans child, even if she will you will never get to know until things goes south,but on the other hand a man cheats,even brings his mistress home,delivers the child and either keep her as a second wife or take full responsibility for the child,and tells his wife it was a mistake,asking for forgiveness,subjecting his legit wife to a constant reminder of what led to the developments,why is it a one way thingy?it should be in for a penny in for a pound,cheating should be frowned at no matter what,women shouldn't be made to forgive a cheating spouse when a man wont ever forgive his cheating wife,guess its the way we were made though,i for one wont forgive a cheating wife cuz i wont ever cheat on her,the day i do is the day the relationship starts crumbling,cuz of guilt and a constant reminder of what happens if she does thesame, ofcourse only if your conscience ain't seared already.
Most women cheat on good guys...like they derive pleasure from it. Not too long ago in the university, met this pretty (like 8.5/10, natural, with extra polishing 9/10) homely girl in my 100l we were teenagers then. I'm not the emotional type but I swear I loved that girl like life itself.. Not just sex but I just enjoyed being with her, like her presence had a physical soothing effect on me. By the way I'm tall, good looking, intelligent the whole faculty knew that, my mind is another thing sha, acing the difficult subjects provided I didn't have beef with the lecturer and d subjects interested me and I'm definitely not proud just introverted, multiple scholarships ensured that I lived very comfortably as a student and could afford to be very generous to her and people in general. Wasn't gonna force d sex thingy even tho opportunities were there, I luvd her for her. Wen we agreed for the whole matters to start, Di's girl gave me an std..that she had been treating for over 6 months meaning she did it on purpose. Strain had become resistant to most drugs by then..took me over two full years of doctors visits, tests injections, prayers and d rest ( staph tinz), she also was preggy for someone else and i jx kept quiet to see what wud happen, lady tried to put it on me, even after i broke up, this girl did tinz which i wnt put out here.I jx shut down the matter in my mind..she never apologized in fact when I confronted her with the results she jx acted with indifference till I her reser with a slap, she got on her knees begging and all that. The most painful part is when i realized dat she did all these because she believed i wouldnt do anything abt it since i loved her, this is someone I showered with affection till her own sad face literally gives me heartburn. Academics suffered for 3 semesters had to put in effort to get my 2:1 on track tho I had an extra year in d end. I won't be a sissy about it, a man has to experience stuff to gain maturity, but me having a cheating wife? Im not divorcing her, not touching her, protecting my assets at all cost, separating from her, and then I'll probably have kids from multiple ladies outsyd, no love just sex and kids preferably under a contract in c Ronaldo fashion. I jx like being honest. As a man chase your dreams, let success and money be part of it, but not a woman to avoid stories that touch. And most importantly for the 4 years I was with her I never cheated, 2 ladies have lived with me but even then no. U get d drill

1 Like

Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? by streetzdreamz(m): 7:06pm On Jan 25, 2017
myking95:

Most women cheat on good guys...like they derive pleasure from it. Not too long ago in the university, met this pretty (like 8.5/10, natural, with extra polishing 9/10) homely girl in my 100l we were teenagers then. I'm not the emotional type but I swear I loved that girl like life itself.. Not just sex but I just enjoyed being with her, like her presence had a physical soothing effect on me. By the way I'm tall, good looking, intelligent the whole faculty knew that, my mind is another thing sha, acing the difficult subjects provided I didn't have beef with the lecturer and d subjects interested me and I'm definitely not proud just introverted, multiple scholarships ensured that I lived very comfortably as a student and could afford to be very generous to her and people in general. Wasn't gonna force d sex thingy even tho opportunities were there, I luvd her for her. Wen we agreed for the whole matters to start, Di's girl gave me an std..that she had been treating for over 6 months meaning she did it on purpose. Strain had become resistant to most drugs by then..took me over two full years of doctors visits, tests injections, prayers and d rest ( staph tinz), she also was preggy for someone else and i jx kept quiet to see what wud happen, lady tried to put it on me, even after i broke up, this girl did tinz which i wnt put out here.I jx shut down the matter in my mind..she never apologized in fact when I confronted her with the results she jx acted with indifference till I her reser with a slap, she got on her knees begging and all that. The most painful part is when i realized dat she did all these because she believed i wouldnt do anything abt it since i loved her, this is someone I showered with affection till her own sad face literally gives me heartburn. Academics suffered for 3 semesters had to put in effort to get my 2:1 on track tho I had an extra year in d end. I won't be a sissy about it, a man has to experience stuff to gain maturity, but me having a cheating wife? Im not divorcing her, not touching her, protecting my assets at all cost, separating from her, and then I'll probably have kids from multiple ladies outsyd, no love just sex and kids preferably under a contract in c Ronaldo fashion. I jx like being honest. As a man chase your dreams, let success and money be part of it, but not a woman to avoid stories that touch. And most importantly for the 4 years I was with her I never cheated, 2 ladies have lived with me but even then no. U get d drill
you went through a lot,believe me good guys like you are going into.extinction cuz of the treatments they get for being too good, I for one don't believe in that failed institution called marriage,I lack the tolerance and patience to deal with ladies, success in life is the priority man.

1 Like

Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? by Xmen149(m): 11:36am On Jan 26, 2017
if she did it to savoir a situation of intense and crucial financial or health need mostly involving our kid,.but should never happen again
Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? by peggycious(f): 1:55am On Jan 27, 2017
Guys don't you know karma is a bitch? Lol.most of u guys bleeped someone wife before and u expect someone not to do the same to your wife? Anything done in the past either good of bad, it ll surely hunt us.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Meeting Your In-law For Marriage: 6 Questions To Expect As A Guy / Lady Finds Out Her Sister Is Her Mother (Video) / Married Zimbabwean Woman Caught Cheating With 7 Men (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.