Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,529 members, 7,826,982 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

Egypt Vs Nigeria AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 on 29th March 2016 - Sports (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Egypt Vs Nigeria AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 on 29th March 2016 (100198 Views)

Nigeria Vs Zambia: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier - 1 - 0 (Full Time) / Cameroon Vs Nigeria: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 1 - 1 (Full Time) / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 on 29th March 2016 by safarigirl(f): 8:22pm On Mar 29, 2016
banio:
How can U make an uninspiring player your captain, and expect to win games. Captainship is not by the oldest player. 9ja coaches why?
my friend stop being daft. Mikel was one of the best players on that pitch today

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 on 29th March 2016 by forgiveness: 8:22pm On Mar 29, 2016
safarigirl:
I had no expectation after seeing such a useless line-up

We discussed this line-up on a previous thread and there was a general consensus against the Aminu fellow, evn my kid brother knew not to start that fellow.

Second time in a row that Siasia ensures we don't qualify for AFCON, well done to him and NFF. I hope we can all see how inefficient the man is as a Senior team coach

grin Chai! You don see as he pepe when a coach brings an half baked players into the team. I told you i don't want die of heart attack watching mediocre players loosing matches left and right but you know understand. See as the foreign lad came in and changed the game. You know what I mean.

1 Like

Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 on 29th March 2016 by Nobody: 8:23pm On Mar 29, 2016
Kwameant:

Ghana
Ivory Coast
Cameroon
Algeria
Egypt

Which team are you going to kick out.
Egypt cheesy

1 Like

Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 on 29th March 2016 by onyxo76(m): 8:23pm On Mar 29, 2016
How I wish we could have those eagles of the 90's again.. those were players not all these boys we have in the national team today. I knew we were not going to make it..,,Nigeria has lost its place as an African football super power no doubt about it.

2 Likes

Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 on 29th March 2016 by petkoffDrake(m): 8:23pm On Mar 29, 2016
But Y Siasia no use iheanacho nd Iweobi start??
Immediately Iwobi enter things changed.... No ihenacho that almost scored in first leg... Siasia felt less concern... Even Mikel was not serious, Egypt made almost 7 substitutes but Nigeria only 4 ... nd they needed to win...

In fact!d problem is from D Zoo country! angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 on 29th March 2016 by Nobody: 8:23pm On Mar 29, 2016
Goke7:

We had a coach who won us the nations cup and got to the second round of the world cup, instead of renewing his contract to motivate him more, we started pulling him down by saying all sorts including NFF who frustrated him all the way cos the govt of the day won't allow them to sack him, then we had a silly amaju who from day one said the former winning coach could not read matches and brought in a coward as a coach who ran away when the heat was on.

We are the architect of our own problems, let's continue to change our coaches like underwears and pulling one another down as that is the only way we know how to move forward in Nigeria. Rubbish.

Siasia is just a victim of circumstance
.......And now He's trying to raise anoda team.......When he'll almost get to d peak,NFF will come up with sack

1 Like

Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 on 29th March 2016 by JaaizTech: 8:24pm On Mar 29, 2016
prinsam30:
the guys tried but siasia fvcked up, he should have known that Ighalo is a slow puncher from the first game, he shouldn't have gone for 4.3.3, in this case 4.4.2 could have worked better, Ighalo and kelechi up front, I'm so pissed off
That is not why we failed. Overall the quality of players we have do not complement each other, we have no good creative midfilder, our wingers are poor at delivering good crosses, and not so good on taking defenders on either. Nigeria needs to realise that the problem is that we are no longer producing very good players, that is where the problem lies and not the coaches. However, we need to allow our coaches stay on the job long enough to remedy the situation

13 Likes

Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 on 29th March 2016 by Nobody: 8:24pm On Mar 29, 2016
kinzation:
guy abeg how you take they do this writing in pictures.. Enlighten me biko
na fonts
Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 on 29th March 2016 by Walelavender(m): 8:25pm On Mar 29, 2016
End of the road.... pathetic. ....always using fire brigade method. NFF board should resign ASAP. Ordinary AFCON we can't qualify. Back to back.... Egypt ti take over!

2 Likes

Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 on 29th March 2016 by kudoxs(m): 8:25pm On Mar 29, 2016
safarigirl:
I had no expectation after seeing such a useless line-up

We discussed this line-up on a previous thread and there was a general consensus against the Aminu fellow, evn my kid brother knew not to start that fellow.

Second time in a row that Siasia ensures we don't qualify for AFCON, well done to him and NFF. I hope we can all see how inefficient the man is as a Senior team coach
so it's siasia's fault that oliseh jumped wagon some weeks before the matches, siasia took a job nobody wanted, kudos to him.

3 Likes

Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 on 29th March 2016 by safarigirl(f): 8:25pm On Mar 29, 2016
forgiveness:

grin Chai! You don see as he pepe when a coach brings an half baked players into the team. I told you i don't want die of heart attack watching mediocre players loosing matches left and right but you know understand. See as the foreign lad came in and changed the game. You know what I mean.
bros phuck that foreign lad BS, the line-up was wrong. Foreign lad did nothing Iheanacho no for do.
Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 on 29th March 2016 by hifaif1: 8:25pm On Mar 29, 2016
UNECboi:
you say nothing special about Algeria? you joking,right?

Actually, I didn't think much about it before submitting the post. Algeria has a great team but Cameroon and Egypt are not spectacular. Not with what I saw both in Kaduna and Alexandria. If it had been against Ghana, the Egyptians would have been soundly blown away.
Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 on 29th March 2016 by phemmyutd(m): 8:25pm On Mar 29, 2016
Thank God Olishe was not replaced by an Hausa Man. The story would change gear

1 Like

Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 on 29th March 2016 by banio: 8:26pm On Mar 29, 2016
safarigirl:
my friend stop being daft. Mikel was one of the best players on that pitch today

I would have replied you, but I just realised U are a product of a brooken kondom
Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 on 29th March 2016 by Babalakin(m): 8:27pm On Mar 29, 2016
Bahahaha grin grin grin
Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 on 29th March 2016 by justino57(m): 8:28pm On Mar 29, 2016
The pharoahs deserved yo go through with a deserved win. Ahmed Musa should b banished out of the team. Congratulations to the pharoahs.

2 Likes

Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 on 29th March 2016 by forgiveness: 8:29pm On Mar 29, 2016
safarigirl:
bros phuck that foreign lad BS, the line-up was wrong. Foreign lad did nothing Iheanacho no for do.

You are right, the line up was wrong. I agree with you 100% on this.
Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 on 29th March 2016 by kinzation(m): 8:29pm On Mar 29, 2016
Wanna try one.. Teach me abeg smiley
silvermania:
na fonts
Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 on 29th March 2016 by Geofavor(m): 8:29pm On Mar 29, 2016
Chiwude:
Shut up Oga! You watching the match with sentiments. Mikel even though wasn't the playmaker in that game was a torn to the defense /counter tactics of the Egyptians. The suppose playmaker (Ogenekaro Etebo) was busy doing nothing till he scored that goal. He made no assist, never bothered to help the defence whenever Mikel goes foward, and always anonymous in the number 10 role. If not for Mikel's resilience the Egyptians would have killed us from the first half.
keypad warrior, I hope you watched the match today.

Look at him. There he was, running his fingers.

So, what did your best player and your play maker do today? The same thing they did on saturday -- sluggish football!

Mtchewww.
Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 on 29th March 2016 by lightdotcom: 8:30pm On Mar 29, 2016
Imagine my egyptian friend I watched the match with kept asking me what is wrong with nigeria.towards the end of 2nd half when our boys up their game a little he asked me if they have woken up now. was ashamed

1 Like

Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 on 29th March 2016 by qossey: 8:30pm On Mar 29, 2016
i no watch d match..
missed
Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 on 29th March 2016 by goodnews201668: 8:30pm On Mar 29, 2016
Ademoore07:
cryThat Nigerian number 6 should not had been selected for the starting XI. Very poor boy. mtchew cryThat Nigerian number 6 should not had been selected for the starting XI. Very poor boy. mtchew

Don't mind them tomorrow they'll be making noise, home base are good this and that. They lack experience and are not sharp, play those with experience and exposure and get results. Musa was just a flop.

1 Like

Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 on 29th March 2016 by safarigirl(f): 8:30pm On Mar 29, 2016
kudoxs:
so it's siasia's fault that oliseh jumped wagon some weeks before the matches, siasia took a job nobody wanted, kudos to him.
siasia is to blame for a weak line-up. It was a make or mar game, no time to trade blames here.

Trying to absolve Siasia is like trying to absolve Buhari of our economic woes and blame it on GEJ. Was it Oliseh's team that Siasia took to KD and Egypt?

Siasia selected a team and barely used them. What was Adi doing on the bench? Why didn't he start with Ighalo? Why play Ighalo as a lone-striker? Is that Oliseh's fault too?

You easily forget that Oliseh played just 2 games with the team as well, when there was tension at that.

Siasia cannot be absolved of error her. I will blame him

1 Like

Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 on 29th March 2016 by Sctests: 8:30pm On Mar 29, 2016
The zoo lost. Very good
Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 on 29th March 2016 by slimpoet11(m): 8:31pm On Mar 29, 2016
I think Reasons Nigeria didn't qualify for AFCON: NFF Keshi oliseh Siasia Amaju Mikel Bad pitch Musa Efe Heat Dollars Fuel scarcity Me You Everyone grin

1 Like

Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 on 29th March 2016 by Nobody: 8:31pm On Mar 29, 2016
So we are out, eh?

Am glad I did not watch the match.

Thank you DISCO for sparing my eyes from this disaster by taking light...and making me go and exercise.
Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 on 29th March 2016 by justino57(m): 8:33pm On Mar 29, 2016
I j's t wast mb watch d stupid match for my phone robbish

2 Likes

Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 on 29th March 2016 by Juicysam(m): 8:35pm On Mar 29, 2016
Afcon gone..if they don't qualify for russia 2018 ..unpardonable
Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 on 29th March 2016 by justicejay(m): 8:35pm On Mar 29, 2016
hifaif1:

The only hot team is Ghana. Nothing spectacular about Egypt, Cameroon and Algeria. You should mention South Africa even before Egypt, Cameroon and Algeria.

As for Nigeria, we need great finishers in our team. We need players who can score set pieces and who can take long range shots. We need players who can bury aerial balls. In short, we need goal scorers. How can we have terrible defenders and still have horrible strikers?

Player who can score set pieces- iwobi
Player who can take long range shots - kelechi
But where are they on bench....#notrust
Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 on 29th March 2016 by kechywillz(m): 8:35pm On Mar 29, 2016
U guy should stop blamin Siasia. D blame goes to Nff for not doing d right thing on time and partially to Sunday Oliseh
Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 on 29th March 2016 by Kog45(m): 8:36pm On Mar 29, 2016
safarigirl:
thank u my sister,bcs I remembered okocha as a captain w couldn't qualify for 2006 world cup.Don't mind some of them they hate Mikel for no reason as if mikel dey bleep their girls.

1 Like

Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 on 29th March 2016 by Freksy(m): 8:37pm On Mar 29, 2016
Surfboard:

Apart from hitting the upright, Iheanacho did nothing in Kaduna, his general play was off. If you were making a case for a wide playmaker like Iwobi, that would have been plausible. We lacked a player who could create in the final third over the two legs.

It's much like saying: apart from Egypt scoring Nigeria one goal, Egypt did nothing in Alexandria.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (33) (Reply)

Ndidi Wilfred With His Bride, Dinma At Their Traditional Wedding (Pictures) / Brazil Vs Germany Funny Pictures / Meet Neymar's 11-man Gang Being Paid £10k-per-month Each To Follow Him Around

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.