Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,319 members, 7,811,946 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:36 AM

Egypt Vs Nigeria AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 on 29th March 2016 - Sports (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Egypt Vs Nigeria AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 on 29th March 2016 (100038 Views)

Nigeria Vs Zambia: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier - 1 - 0 (Full Time) / Cameroon Vs Nigeria: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 1 - 1 (Full Time) / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 on 29th March 2016 by OROSUNBOLB(m): 10:01pm On Mar 29, 2016
Goke7:

We had a coach who won us the nations cup and got to the second round of the world cup, instead of renewing his contract to motivate him more, we started pulling him down by saying all sorts including NFF who frustrated him all the way cos the govt of the day won't allow them to sack him, then we had a silly amaju who from day one said the former winning coach could not read matches and brought in a coward as a coach who ran away when the heat was on.

We are the architect of our own problems, let's continue to change our coaches like underwears and pulling one another down as that is the only way we know how to move forward in Nigeria. Rubbish.

Siasia is just a victim of circumstance

I couldn't have said it better than this ! You captured my thought on this subject accurately. What exactly did NFF want from Keshi? Why was he sacked? I think Keshi's offence was that he did not win the world cup. Amaju Pinnick is just here to bury the already dead football in Nigeria ; he has no idea !

I knew the whole thing would get to this stage the day Pinnick introduced Oliseh to Nigerians as 'Gurdiola of Africa'! I laughed and nearly injured my ribs that day. It was the best comedy of the year.

8 Likes

Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 on 29th March 2016 by Litmus: 10:02pm On Mar 29, 2016
Psychologically, we've learned to loose and so loosing has become easier. In addition to other African teams improving and occasionally beating our defeat-accepting team, then becoming more emboldened by so doing, i fear we may steadily decline as a footballing force in Africa.

The solution should also include a dose of mental reorientation and some radical and courageous acts such as trusting our world cup winning youth teams. I've never understood why the entire members of our world cup wining youth team aren't promoted to senior team. Get rid of the old guys and replace them with the youth.

3 Likes

Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 on 29th March 2016 by hifaif1: 10:03pm On Mar 29, 2016
iamord:
be careful of Algeria. They can put up a fight

Yes, indeed, bro. I shouldn't have mentioned Algeria. They have a great team!!! But the Egyptians were not spectacular. If we had great finishers, we would have won them both in Kaduna and Alexandria.

2 Likes

Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 on 29th March 2016 by goodvision12(m): 10:06pm On Mar 29, 2016
hifaif1:

Yes, we are out!!!
This is bad news baret.So what next for nigerian football?
Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 on 29th March 2016 by Princedapace(m): 10:07pm On Mar 29, 2016
UNECboi:
ghana and algeria are the best teams in africa right now.

Mehn Algeria dey hot like fire....those guys can score goals eh...
Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 on 29th March 2016 by hifaif1: 10:09pm On Mar 29, 2016
goodvision12:
This is bad news baret.So what next for nigerian football?

Back to the drawing board as usual!!!
Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 on 29th March 2016 by Nobody: 10:09pm On Mar 29, 2016
kinzation:
Wanna try one.. Teach me abeg smiley
root your phone download Afonts
Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 on 29th March 2016 by Princedapace(m): 10:10pm On Mar 29, 2016
hifaif1:

The only hot team is Ghana. Nothing spectacular about Egypt, Cameroon and Algeria. You should mention South Africa even before Egypt, Cameroon and Algeria.

As for Nigeria, we need great finishers in our team. We need players who can score set pieces and who can take long range shots. We need players who can bury aerial balls. In short, we need goal scorers. How can we have terrible defenders and still have horrible strikers

Well, I don't think u know Algeria....guy Algeria is blazing now. As for Egypt, the team is very good tactically. Just needs to work on finishing. Defence line, communication and passes are very okay. Just that finishing and maturity, they are good to go. Those guys are young. Algeria is blazing bro.

2 Likes

Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 on 29th March 2016 by countsparrow: 10:12pm On Mar 29, 2016
afolayangs:
oloriburuku

Hope that wasnt for me?
Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 on 29th March 2016 by dckng16(m): 10:13pm On Mar 29, 2016
#Bringbackkeshiandsackamajupinnick
Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 on 29th March 2016 by Litmus: 10:14pm On Mar 29, 2016
Stop introducing the youth team members to the senior team, small-small! I don't believe that doing so is informed by fear of adversely damaging the young players and not fear of senior players political powers.
Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 on 29th March 2016 by bofoy(m): 10:15pm On Mar 29, 2016
NFF SHOULD SACK SIASIA PLEASE , he is not the best man for the job
for 2 consecutive time he fail to quality Nigeria to afcon that man should pack well abeg

foreign coach is better
Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 on 29th March 2016 by iamord(m): 10:20pm On Mar 29, 2016
hifaif1:

Yes, indeed, bro. I shouldn't have mentioned Algeria. They have a great team!!! But the Egyptians were not spectacular. If we had great finishers, we would have won them both in Kaduna and Alexandria.
well you are right tho. I think the war greatly affected Egypt dominance. Am looking at them preparing a stronger and formidable team for the word cup. Am also looking at Cape Verde. I think they are promising
Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 on 29th March 2016 by Nobody: 10:24pm On Mar 29, 2016
bofoy:
for 2 consecutive time he fail to quality Nigeria to afcon that man should pack well abeg

foreign coach is better

No sh*t... undecided

1 Like

Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 on 29th March 2016 by goodvision12(m): 10:26pm On Mar 29, 2016
hifaif1:

Back to the drawing board as usual!!!
That drawing board don suffer.Dem don write so tey no space again.

2 Likes

Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 on 29th March 2016 by goodvision12(m): 10:30pm On Mar 29, 2016
bofoy:

foreign coach is better
Why dont you tell them to employ a foreign president to overhaul our economy?

2 Likes

Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 on 29th March 2016 by Walelavender(m): 10:34pm On Mar 29, 2016
Nightmare! 3 times in 10 years.....This is crazy! Yet Giwa will be fighting Pinnick for the FA chairmanship seat coz of the money to loot . Forget the age-grade competition. We cheat! Yes we do! How come our successes aren't reflecting in our senior team?

The Egyptians weren't ruthless as they used to be. They only took their chances. It paid off. Shame on our NFF who prosecuted 4 games with 3 coaches.

Sia1 should be kept to prepare for 2018 world and 2019 AFCON.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 on 29th March 2016 by hifaif1: 10:47pm On Mar 29, 2016
goodvision12:
That drawing board don suffer.Dem don write so tey no space again.

Lol. Bro, if the drawing board comes back to this world and hears Nige...!!! na to pick race remain!!!

1 Like

Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 on 29th March 2016 by vigasimple(m): 11:25pm On Mar 29, 2016
Nigerian football team is like your 'foreign' President. UTTERLY DIRECTIONLESS. Even his spokesman Femi Adesina doesn't know what body language President is all about.

2 Likes

Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 on 29th March 2016 by Nobody: 11:29pm On Mar 29, 2016
Na so e go be. When players no sabi play, they are not expected to perform. Let's keep hoping that one day, we will get some sets of footballers wey sabi play jare.
Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 on 29th March 2016 by callJesu: 11:33pm On Mar 29, 2016
Finished
Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 on 29th March 2016 by Blessingnice(m): 11:54pm On Mar 29, 2016
http://isichelivibes.com/2016/03/shocking-woman-missing-since-1974/# pls share it and leave ur comments on the blog thank you friends.
Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 on 29th March 2016 by cally3D(m): 12:12am On Mar 30, 2016
Elzends:
Correct, my bet no go cast
Wen u start 2 dey play bet?
Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 on 29th March 2016 by Nobody: 12:50am On Mar 30, 2016
Almonda:
Buhari would be like "Fank God our Sufer Chickens didn't win" at least por austerity measures

But wait o, are will still playing qualifiers for the World cup?
Yes. The World Cup qualifiers (final round) begin in October. The draw for that round will be conducted in June.
Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 on 29th March 2016 by DrinkWater10: 1:27am On Mar 30, 2016
goodnews201668:

Don't mind them tomorrow they'll be making noise, home base are good this and that. They lack experience and are not sharp, play those with experience and exposure and get results. Musa was just a flop.
Don't be silly. Ademoore07 and yourself are just a bunch of ignoramuses.The only home based player in that team was Oghenekaro Etebor who got the goal and MOTM in the first leg.
The goal we conceded today came just after he was stretchered off.
Even the goal keeper is a foreign based player who plies hisvtrade for Chippa UTD in PSL SouthAfroca.
Stanley Amuzie isn't a hone based player.He plays for Sampdoria.
I hope i have cured ur igmorance?
Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 on 29th March 2016 by Caseless: 4:46am On Mar 30, 2016
phemmyutd:
Thank God Olishe was not replaced by an Hausa Man. The story would change gear
I swear.
Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 on 29th March 2016 by Goke7: 6:55am On Mar 30, 2016
OROSUNBOLB:

I couldn't have said it better than this ! You captured my thought on this subject accurately. What exactly did NFF want from Keshi? Why was he sacked? I think Keshi's offence was that he did not win the world cup. Amaju Pinnick is just here to bury the already dead football in Nigeria ; he has no idea !

I knew the whole thing would get to this stage the day Pinnick introduced Oliseh to Nigerians as 'Gurdiola of Africa'! I laughed and nearly injured my ribs that day. It was the best comedy of the year.

Exactly, going forward amaju and his gang should resign,, if they don't our football is doomed cos what they will be thinking now is to bring in a carpenter foreign coach that will take us no where as no serious foreign coach will want to work in Nigeria except when we qualify for the world cup.

2 Likes

Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 on 29th March 2016 by Xmen149(m): 7:28am On Mar 30, 2016
gawu1:

Ighalo isn't a finisher? So you said.
My write up was before the match and after the match u can now see 4ur self..i know these stuffs and play FM too..if he had insisted on playing ighalo who cant break through a wall then use a attacking midfielder who is more a striker,ighalo will be false striker then(run around at defence with them chasing him creating space for the att.mid to enter and then drop bk 4 rebound)
Then two strong men in the middle(will be a hold up guy and defensive,the second a speedsta that can move into opponents box and back to defence

The coach wntd to play a mind game by puting new guys a 4kd up..

Besides,who ever told him you can go through bus is packed by pumping in early cross is just stpd..
Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 on 29th March 2016 by Onyinye15(f): 8:06am On Mar 30, 2016
Is there any hope again? For d Eagles
Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 on 29th March 2016 by kinzation(m): 8:36am On Mar 30, 2016
silvermania:
root your phone download Afonts
it's done already.. But I mean how do i get the words typed to a frame to make it a picture
Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 on 29th March 2016 by aalangel(f): 9:37am On Mar 30, 2016
hifaif1:
aalangel!!! Good evening.
Hahahahahaaa!!! You lost again cos I missed my soap!!!
Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 on 29th March 2016 by hifaif1: 9:45am On Mar 30, 2016
aalangel:

Hahahahahaaa!!! You lost again cos I missed my soap!!!
Honestly, it was painful!!!
You will get to see a repeat of your soap.

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (Reply)

Brazil Vs Germany Funny Pictures / Ndidi Wilfred With His Bride, Dinma At Their Traditional Wedding (Pictures) / Meet Neymar's 11-man Gang Being Paid £10k-per-month Each To Follow Him Around

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.