Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,988 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

Igwuruta-Road In Port-Harcourt Blocked During Funeral (pics) - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Igwuruta-Road In Port-Harcourt Blocked During Funeral (pics) (51610 Views)

Petrol Tanker Collapsed Along Igwuruta Roundabout Portharcourt Airport Road / I Got Blocked For Not Writing Letter Of Happiness On MMM Nigeria / Joy Akabuike (Ada) Is Dead, See Photos Of Preparation For Her Funeral (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igwuruta-Road In Port-Harcourt Blocked During Funeral (pics) by Nobody: 2:10pm On Mar 26, 2016
DifferentBoy1:

Na that omuwei/etche road?
. Yes
Re: Igwuruta-Road In Port-Harcourt Blocked During Funeral (pics) by bayinq25(m): 2:12pm On Mar 26, 2016
refreshrate:

Says the one with a "functioning brain" who believes Buhari doesn't travel too much & should be left alone

Hypocrite
you easily showed you're pained by buhari...the truth is APC and PDP will ruin Nigeria in no time,support no party and fold ur arms and watch,you're being used,both parties are frauds,the same people would change parties and we'll still vote for them and expect change...the definition of insanity is doing the same thing simultaneously and expecting a different result,say no to both parties and get yourself popcorn and juice while watching SAW on election days instead of wasting precious time and stressing your thumb nails to cast a worthless vote...Thanks

1 Like

Re: Igwuruta-Road In Port-Harcourt Blocked During Funeral (pics) by Nobody: 2:18pm On Mar 26, 2016
misscall247:
Govtmnt still own d blame for bad master plan
. My brother, you see the issue of blacks is way beyond the government , everybody wants to look beyond themselves.... We are our own worse enemies I tell you... An average Nigerian given a portfolio to put things in order, will rather seek means to fill his pocket at the expense of the state .,... The role government plays is carried out by people... And we are not willing to make the difference. Nobody has the state at heart.... That is our major problem. The leaders are only a reflection of the people....
Re: Igwuruta-Road In Port-Harcourt Blocked During Funeral (pics) by Bollinger(m): 2:19pm On Mar 26, 2016
Buhari said Nigerians are corrupt and the citizens crucified him for it. Corruption is not only when you steal funds or take bribe. One can also be mentally corrupt. Nigeria is the weirdest, strangest, most phucked up country on planet earth.

1 Like

Re: Igwuruta-Road In Port-Harcourt Blocked During Funeral (pics) by macaranta(m): 2:19pm On Mar 26, 2016
They've sold all their lands,it's a normal thing everywhere in Port Harcourt
Re: Igwuruta-Road In Port-Harcourt Blocked During Funeral (pics) by ruggedtimi(m): 2:23pm On Mar 26, 2016
Raymondenyi:
See What Happened Yesterday at my area (pics)

As I have always written the problem with the black race is beyond leadership, but rather it is a problem of the culture and ideals of the people, an average black man wants to look beyond himself as the problem , even though he happens to be a director at the board, collecting 30% before contracts are awarded..... Anyway that isba discussion for another day...

So this happened at igwuruta, a border settlement of port Harcourt in Rivers state....
They happened to be observing a funeral, and left the whole area that should be used.... Now the place they saw fit was the main road, a whole lane was barricaded and they allowed only one lane of a dualised road for commuters...... This caused untold hardship for motorist and other individuals as seen in the pics below.... Should you know, that road is the only road into a part of that town..... And to think we had the police? Even the police vans struggled to pass through the lane that was left....

I wonder where, and how this can be tolerated in a sane clime, becausr of the dead that is supposed to be laid to rest, life is made unbearable for the living...... I just had to take some pics for the world to see...
is a normal thing in ikwerre land.
Re: Igwuruta-Road In Port-Harcourt Blocked During Funeral (pics) by ruggedtimi(m): 2:23pm On Mar 26, 2016
Raymondenyi:

As I have always written the problem with the black race is beyond leadership, but rather it is a problem of the culture and ideals of the people, an average black man wants to look beyond himself as the problem , even though he happens to be a director at the board, collecting 30% before contracts are awarded..... Anyway that isba discussion for another day...

So this happened at igwuruta, a border settlement of port Harcourt in Rivers state....
They happened to be observing a funeral, and left the whole area that should be used.... Now the place they saw fit was the main road, a whole lane was barricaded and they allowed only one lane of a dualised road for commuters...... This caused untold hardship for motorist and other individuals as seen in the pics below.... Should you know, that road is the only road into a part of that town..... And to think we had the police? Even the police vans struggled to pass through the lane that was left....

I wonder where, and how this can be tolerated in a sane clime, becausr of the dead that is supposed to be laid to rest, life is made unbearable for the living...... I just had to take some pics for the world to see...
is a normal thing in ikwerre land. bt is wrong cos is a federal governmnt road
bayinq25:
you easily showed you're pained by buhari...the truth is APC and PDP will ruin Nigeria in no time,support no party and fold ur arms and watch,you're being used,both parties are frauds,the same people would change parties and we'll still vote for them and expect change...the definition of insanity is doing the same thing simultaneously and expecting a different result,say no to both parties and get yourself popcorn and juice while watching SAW on election days instead of wasting precious time and stressing your thumb nails to cast a worthless vote...Thanks
wetin concern politics with dis topic abeg
Re: Igwuruta-Road In Port-Harcourt Blocked During Funeral (pics) by kellybently(m): 2:24pm On Mar 26, 2016
Raymondenyi:

yesterday night I trek from station to sweet tomato b4 I can see cab going to Eneka. The situation was horrible that yesterday. ikwere people belive they can do and over do on their land.
Re: Igwuruta-Road In Port-Harcourt Blocked During Funeral (pics) by Nobody: 2:25pm On Mar 26, 2016
Alezy:
This is very normal in ph. They sold all their lands already so when there is a little party or function, it has to be the main road and u dare not stop them. even the state government knows this.
not true sire, they can be stopped, what you need is put the law in place, they will be initial groaning, but everybody will finally adapt
Re: Igwuruta-Road In Port-Harcourt Blocked During Funeral (pics) by icewarmer(m): 2:26pm On Mar 26, 2016
Raymondenyi:
More, you needed to see where this traffic stretched to...... It stretched blocks after blocks... For those that know the axis.... It stretched from igwuruta main round about, down to the market round about... Down into Eneka road, then on the other side, down into etche road (omuma road) for commuters from airport road heading towards the igwututali axis, they weren't also spared one bit.... Please all this hardship meyyed on fellow compatriots because of a funeral for someone that was is DEAD .... Without an iota of remorse.....

More

Guy take am easy b4 we go bury english next...which one be "that was is dead"

1 Like

Re: Igwuruta-Road In Port-Harcourt Blocked During Funeral (pics) by bayinq25(m): 2:27pm On Mar 26, 2016
ruggedtimi:
wetin concern politics with dis topic abeg
you're asking me?keep asking i'll join you when you're sensible enough to decipher this
Re: Igwuruta-Road In Port-Harcourt Blocked During Funeral (pics) by Nobody: 2:29pm On Mar 26, 2016
Raymondenyi:
More, you needed to see where this traffic stretched to...... It stretched blocks after blocks... For those that know the axis.... It stretched from igwuruta main round about, down to the market round about... Down into Eneka road, then on the other side, down into etche road (omuma road) for commuters from airport road heading towards the igwututali axis, they weren't also spared one bit.... Please all this hardship meyyed on fellow compatriots because of a funeral for someone that was is DEAD.... Without an iota of remorse.....

More
r they stil calling igwuruta main round about station? Its been long since i left
Re: Igwuruta-Road In Port-Harcourt Blocked During Funeral (pics) by reverendfather: 2:31pm On Mar 26, 2016
refreshrate:

what's selective justice here? tinubu was tried during the era of stealing is not corruption and the outcome is expected. now we are in the era of stealing is corruption, so what do you expect to happen during the era of stealing is corruption?

besides what do you guys really want? you are the same guys mocking buhari that he is yet to jail a single person. abi guys are just doing this for the fun

https://www.nairaland.com/3010911/sarakis-trial-splits-apc-senior/3#44116740

The above is what he's saying "Mr me too I will claim I have common sense" or it wasn't you who said this?
Does it sound like common sense?
. Bro you need to calm down and ask yourself why they choose to single out your comment.
Re: Igwuruta-Road In Port-Harcourt Blocked During Funeral (pics) by Nobody: 2:33pm On Mar 26, 2016
It is wrong but it is not new.. Nigerians (excluding Pastors and Politicians) have resigned to their fate.. no one can be bothered since it is evident that nothing is done to right wrongs in this sinfil cesspit of a nation.
Re: Igwuruta-Road In Port-Harcourt Blocked During Funeral (pics) by felix281(m): 2:34pm On Mar 26, 2016
collinsoft:
Ikwerre nmeka ooooh diale
That's what u get from uncivilized and uncultured people always feeling fly about nothing. They have sold land, building and other asset in pursuit of worthless liability like car and fanfare.

An Ikwerre man would sell land to bury murano jeep but would sell the Jeep after some months due to lack of fund to maintain the car and thereafter come back and beg u for crumbs to survive. Although not all of them are these myopic but a good number of them are.

OP I know where u are talking about, I drove past there yesterday on my way from the airport going towards rumukrushi
you have just define a typical Ikwere man,...senseless people.
Re: Igwuruta-Road In Port-Harcourt Blocked During Funeral (pics) by ATERI(m): 2:36pm On Mar 26, 2016
So in sane clime, no traffic jams and no diversions, right? Some people are funny!!
Re: Igwuruta-Road In Port-Harcourt Blocked During Funeral (pics) by kellystech(m): 2:37pm On Mar 26, 2016
Dats my community men last night was something else cos I experienced first hand wen I was goin for a burial at isiokpo I was on hold up for more than one hour cry
Re: Igwuruta-Road In Port-Harcourt Blocked During Funeral (pics) by Alezy(m): 2:37pm On Mar 26, 2016
Raymondenyi:
not true sire, they can be stopped, what you need is put the law in place, they will be initial groaning, but everybody will finally adapt
sure they can be stopped, but why did odili, Amechi not stop dem? ? and now wike, he won't even think of it, not after the support obiakpo/phalga gave to him.

There re just some people the state government can't argue with. There is a place called ogbum na-abali in garrison area ph. Amechi wanted to expand the road but the chiefs didn't agree cos they didn't want their shops destroyed so he left it for dem undone.

It was wike who did it for them late last year but didn't expand it. So
Re: Igwuruta-Road In Port-Harcourt Blocked During Funeral (pics) by ogmaskman: 2:39pm On Mar 26, 2016
Same at rumuokuta/NTA road yesterday. Coming from rumuokuta going to location junction, just befor the Catholic church was completely blocked. I think it was a funeral or so. Guess what? There is a big secondary school field on the other side of the road with enough space for canopies and car park.
#Totalmadness
Re: Igwuruta-Road In Port-Harcourt Blocked During Funeral (pics) by Nobody: 2:40pm On Mar 26, 2016
My brother, I feel your pains...remember, a great thief once said that the reason he steals is that he has never been stoned for stealing.
That stuff you saw is very common in PH and a few other parts of Nigeria especially when the deceased is very elderly.
So my brother, the reason it happens is that those who have done it in the past were 'never stoned'. Remember too, that the law gives land owners a lot of right over whatever that is in their community (road inclusive) and I bet you that even if Gov. Wike is passing through that road, he has no option than to follow others.
Like I said earlier, I feel your pains. But instead of coming to wail on NL try to make an impact so that there'll be a law restraining such act. Thank you
Re: Igwuruta-Road In Port-Harcourt Blocked During Funeral (pics) by Nobody: 2:42pm On Mar 26, 2016
icewarmer:

Guy take am easy b4 we go bury english next...which one be "that was is dead"
. Thanks, that was only a typo, I guess you should have seen others alike like " meyyed". It was supposed to be meted .... Thanks all the same...
Re: Igwuruta-Road In Port-Harcourt Blocked During Funeral (pics) by DifferentBoy1(m): 2:44pm On Mar 26, 2016
Raymondenyi:
. Yes

Na so Ikwerre people deh do
Re: Igwuruta-Road In Port-Harcourt Blocked During Funeral (pics) by tottinova: 2:49pm On Mar 26, 2016
Raymondenyi:

Now, these is the kind of person i'll vote for tomorrow if he steps forward.

Op, you are a humanbeing. I know some people will still support the dead person.
Re: Igwuruta-Road In Port-Harcourt Blocked During Funeral (pics) by Nobody: 2:49pm On Mar 26, 2016
D black race is disgusting....God shod just wipe dem out of d world
Re: Igwuruta-Road In Port-Harcourt Blocked During Funeral (pics) by Nobody: 2:49pm On Mar 26, 2016
DifferentBoy1:

Na so Ikwerre people deh do
I do not want to believe that..... Many of them are somehow, no doubt.....

BTW , I'm Ikwerre as well, my side of Ikwerre donnot act like this...
Re: Igwuruta-Road In Port-Harcourt Blocked During Funeral (pics) by Mrford(m): 2:50pm On Mar 26, 2016
The see it as normal thing here in rivers. It happened around February in Mgbuoba along Rumuokwuta NTA road. The said the woman that died was Wike's relation. The completely blocked one side of a major road in the name of burial. The holdup that day was heart breaking. May God help us in this lawless nation.
Re: Igwuruta-Road In Port-Harcourt Blocked During Funeral (pics) by Nobody: 2:51pm On Mar 26, 2016
timokoko:
I have prayed like this countlessly my sister ..... But it will not happen.... Instead suffering shall only abide for us...
Re: Igwuruta-Road In Port-Harcourt Blocked During Funeral (pics) by Mrford(m): 2:52pm On Mar 26, 2016
timokoko:

Tell him to start with you.

1 Like

Re: Igwuruta-Road In Port-Harcourt Blocked During Funeral (pics) by onyiianthony(f): 2:54pm On Mar 26, 2016
that's Ikwerre funerals for u.....you should be used to it if you're a resident of Igwuruta......
Re: Igwuruta-Road In Port-Harcourt Blocked During Funeral (pics) by Nobody: 2:55pm On Mar 26, 2016
tottinova:

Now, these is the kind of person i'll vote for tomorrow if he steps forward.

Op, you are a humanbeing. I know some people will still support the dead person.
. My brother , you see, if my type comes out for a political position, with the burning drive to save an ailing nation, I'll fail woefully, because the black mind, will never support anybody that won't give them a lot of money,to eat at that time and allow them share the cash, the problem is us... Black mind is devastating.... No reprieve insight...
Re: Igwuruta-Road In Port-Harcourt Blocked During Funeral (pics) by chichriso: 2:58pm On Mar 26, 2016
If you are a blogger, click my SIGNATURES and add your blog

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Snakes In My Compound / Man Carries Stone With His Teeth In Ojota, Lagos / Big, Long Python Killed In My Vicinity (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.