Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,032 members, 7,818,047 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:57 AM

Bill Gates Ear-marks $6m For Cassava And Rice In Nigeria - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Bill Gates Ear-marks $6m For Cassava And Rice In Nigeria (20088 Views)

Weeding Machines For Cassava Farms For Sale!! / Pictures Of Harvested Local Rice In Kaduna / Say No To Bill Gates Cassava And Rice Farming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bill Gates Ear-marks $6m For Cassava And Rice In Nigeria by hakeem02: 3:06pm On Mar 26, 2016
Noted
Re: Bill Gates Ear-marks $6m For Cassava And Rice In Nigeria by seguno2: 3:07pm On Mar 26, 2016
Meanwhile those with a little wealth here are doing money rain.
Surely, we black people shall remain SLAVES eternally to the whites. No be curse. Abi, the hand of a person/group that gives will always be on top of the one that always only receives?

FlirtyKaren:
Fuji musician, King Wasiu Ayinde Marshall 1 had an exclusive birthday party last Thursday night at Quilox club owned by Shina Peller. Check out the money rain that happened at the event, courtesy, Kcee's younger brother E-money. Tuface and wife, Annie Idibia were also in attendance.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3534109_1_jpeg83b5009e040969ee7b60362ad7426573

http://www.lailasblog.com/2016/03/check-out-money-rain-that-happened-at.html

1 Like

Re: Bill Gates Ear-marks $6m For Cassava And Rice In Nigeria by macaranta(m): 3:07pm On Mar 26, 2016
cool
Re: Bill Gates Ear-marks $6m For Cassava And Rice In Nigeria by mbhs139(m): 3:08pm On Mar 26, 2016
I have always said it that there are too many kid in this land called nairaland. How can you all just be jumping up and down like yoyo simply because you read in the news that Oyinbo wants to help us with $6m to produce food.

Do you think these people are crazy or what?! $6, just like that with nothing in return? Because na we dey buy computer pass for this world abi? I hear you!

By the way, what is $6m compare to what our thieving politicians have starched away in foreign lands? Alex Badex alone will give us double of that.

It's like one rejoicing over one's mum's concubine for promising to pay one's school since daddy is so irresponsible to be alive to his duties. I'll rather be ashamed and decline such offer.

Why won't we rejoice, when we don suffer so tay we no even care from where the next meal come from- even na from devil, we no care. $6m, just $6m and you are here singing hosanna. Mtchewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bill Gates Ear-marks $6m For Cassava And Rice In Nigeria by Lilchilz(m): 3:09pm On Mar 26, 2016
uh
Re: Bill Gates Ear-marks $6m For Cassava And Rice In Nigeria by IYANGBALI: 3:09pm On Mar 26, 2016
Thank God o,now akpu go dey very cheap for market
Re: Bill Gates Ear-marks $6m For Cassava And Rice In Nigeria by demzey(m): 3:09pm On Mar 26, 2016
sankky:
Not personally impressed till I know the terms and conditions.
Africans though hopelessly hungry should beware of GMOs which Bill Gates represents. We all know what that means for our collective health and fertility.
Enough said.
pls wats GMO?
Re: Bill Gates Ear-marks $6m For Cassava And Rice In Nigeria by yang(m): 3:10pm On Mar 26, 2016
As usual, the black man in the zoo has no knowledge of Genetically modified species, the work of Monsanto and Bill gates who are devils

2 Likes

Re: Bill Gates Ear-marks $6m For Cassava And Rice In Nigeria by Sprintson(m): 3:10pm On Mar 26, 2016
Am not comfortable with this report cause in the next 15 years the effect of the G.M.O's will start surfacing.....such grants cause diseases and death for the country...only true scientists will understand this

1 Like

Re: Bill Gates Ear-marks $6m For Cassava And Rice In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:15pm On Mar 26, 2016
Thank you Mr and Mrs Gates.
this is a lesson to wealthy citizens.
decades ago vested interest invested in Gates lofty ideas and from that idea,
microsoft was created, a new world order was created, today he is inturn investing
in the agric sector.

If we want to make meaningful progress, we must be ready to make decision to invest in talent, ideas and in the future, individually or collectively as a nation.
Re: Bill Gates Ear-marks $6m For Cassava And Rice In Nigeria by dazzlingd(m): 3:16pm On Mar 26, 2016
hope this is not some conspiracies that might resurface some years to come...I dnt fully trust these guys
Re: Bill Gates Ear-marks $6m For Cassava And Rice In Nigeria by wiseoneking: 3:17pm On Mar 26, 2016
sephryneyo:
good news! but why only northern states were picked? bring it come my state Osun i beg our governor dey make hunger wire us.
Ipob youth.
Re: Bill Gates Ear-marks $6m For Cassava And Rice In Nigeria by emi14: 3:20pm On Mar 26, 2016
[quote author=godoluwa post=44128723]hmmm, why only northern part & middlebelt?[/quote

Let's leave tribal sentiments out of these divine gifts. Bill Gate is not from Yoruba land or Africa. Dasuki might be richer than Bill. There are large empty fertile lands for agriculture between Benue state and kaduna. Let start from somewhere. God bless the initiatives. God bless Nigeria.
Re: Bill Gates Ear-marks $6m For Cassava And Rice In Nigeria by wiseoneking: 3:20pm On Mar 26, 2016
kirchofff:
Bill abeg na, even tho na $50.....hunger wan finish me 4 here
This was exact change you were killing your self for. Wait in next 3yrs before the hunger will end biko.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Bill Gates Ear-marks $6m For Cassava And Rice In Nigeria by gretblue: 3:20pm On Mar 26, 2016
abumeinben:

I'm not at peace with this!

Pls let's stay away from GMOs.

We can do this on our own. What's $6m? It's an insult.
Is Bill Gate under any obligation to give or dash or invest in Nigeria?
Re: Bill Gates Ear-marks $6m For Cassava And Rice In Nigeria by PHfinest(m): 3:21pm On Mar 26, 2016
Dahveydson:
Ah ahn

I thought the wailers economic council said until we devalue our naira, we won't get investors or foreign investment?

Can someone tell bill Gates that we haven't devalued our naira o grin grin

Foreign Aid not investment.

I pray the herdsmen and their Brazilian grass eating cattle will spare them
Re: Bill Gates Ear-marks $6m For Cassava And Rice In Nigeria by Dahveydson(m): 3:23pm On Mar 26, 2016
PHfinest:

Foreign Aid not investment.

I pray the herdsmen and their Brazilian grass eating cattle will spare them

The kind of "Foreign Aid" that help us eradicate polio, no?
Re: Bill Gates Ear-marks $6m For Cassava And Rice In Nigeria by HugeMac: 3:24pm On Mar 26, 2016
Why Africa ! Why we don't want to have sense! The Americans are protesting against GMO and we are taking funds from one of the leading funders of GMOs
Re: Bill Gates Ear-marks $6m For Cassava And Rice In Nigeria by Krayzeejhay(m): 3:25pm On Mar 26, 2016
grin
realmindz:
Here's from a man who don't pay tithe....

bill gates don't pay tithe and the devourer is yet to devour him like our pastors will threaten..

but jesus said, u saw me wen I was hungry and u gave me food...I believe, this man has done greater than those who will give their 10% to church hoping to be blessed by God...how selfish....

but gullible church goers won't listen that tithe is religious scam, they will say they are being blessed, blessing only them can see and feel.
grin[quote author=realmindz post=44128895]Here's from a man who don't pay tithe....

I will rebuke d devourer 4 thy sake
Re: Bill Gates Ear-marks $6m For Cassava And Rice In Nigeria by wiseoneking: 3:25pm On Mar 26, 2016
Dahveydson:
Ah ahn

I thought the wailers economic council said until we devalue our naira, we won't get investors or foreign investment?

Can someone tell bill Gates that we haven't devalued our naira o grin grin
Are you not ashamed? so you are enjoying the state of the nation now. Smiling Under CURSE? Your own no get remedy.
Re: Bill Gates Ear-marks $6m For Cassava And Rice In Nigeria by AdemolaA2: 3:26pm On Mar 26, 2016
abumeinben:

I'm not at peace with this!

Pls let's stay away from GMOs.

We can do this on our own. What's $6m? It's an insult.
If everyone reasons like you , there won't be contribution of philanthropists to growth and development of our nation. Show some appreciation to little things so you can get bigger ones in turn.

1 Like

Re: Bill Gates Ear-marks $6m For Cassava And Rice In Nigeria by ayopo10(m): 3:27pm On Mar 26, 2016
This is commendable
Re: Bill Gates Ear-marks $6m For Cassava And Rice In Nigeria by Dahveydson(m): 3:29pm On Mar 26, 2016
wiseoneking:
Are you not ashamed? so you are enjoying the state of the nation now. Smiling Under CURSE? Your own no get remedy.

Oh wailer! When shall I see wailer, when shall I see the wailing wailers, I will never forget to smile grin grin
Re: Bill Gates Ear-marks $6m For Cassava And Rice In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:29pm On Mar 26, 2016
mbhs139:
I have always said it that there are too many kid in this land called nairaland. How can you all just be jumping up and down like yoyo simply because you read in the news that Oyinbo wants to help us with $6m to produce food.

Do you think these people are crazy or what?! $6, just like that with nothing in return? Because na we dey buy computer pass for this world abi? I hear you!

By the way, what is $6m compare to what our thieving politicians have starched away in foreign lands? Alex Badex alone will give us double of that.

It's like one rejoicing over one's mum's concubine for promising to pay one's school since daddy is so irresponsible to be alive to his duties. I'll rather be ashamed and decline such offer.

Why won't we rejoice, when we don suffer so tay we no even care from where the next meal come from- even na from devil, we no care. $6m, just $6m and you are here singing hosanna. Mtchewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
valid points though and well said......
before we proceed how much have been invested by the "elites" ? who would rather specialize in looting the common wealth and dumping them in "safe havens" were they lay idle.
Re: Bill Gates Ear-marks $6m For Cassava And Rice In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:29pm On Mar 26, 2016
THIS is very Bad.This will be disastrous.They are gonna use Genetically-altered seeds. Google it and enlighten yourself.That was why he came to Nigeria(Kano).The problem is that those Gullible Northerners see it as a welcome development.Need i say more? Google right away and educate yourself.''Bill gates Genetically-altered seeds''...........the Aim is to DEPOPULATE Nigeria.........
Re: Bill Gates Ear-marks $6m For Cassava And Rice In Nigeria by TheProphetess(f): 3:31pm On Mar 26, 2016
Sprintson:
Am not comfortable with this report cause in the next 15 years the effect of the G.M.O's will start surfacing.....such grants cause diseases and death for the country...only true scientists will understand this

People abroad have been eating GMOs since 1994 and most GMOs are FDA approved. 80% of food in the US is genetically modified. People that say GMOs are evil are just fear mongering and you shouldn't believe them.

It makes the work of farmers very easy and is the only real solution to world hunger we have at the moment.

This is an interesting article: http://www.precisionnutrition.com/are-gmos-bad-for-your-health
Re: Bill Gates Ear-marks $6m For Cassava And Rice In Nigeria by wiseoneking: 3:32pm On Mar 26, 2016
realmindz:
Here's from a man who don't pay tithe....

bill gates don't pay tithe and the devourer is yet to devour him like our pastors will threaten..

but jesus said, u saw me wen I was hungry and u gave me food...I believe, this man has done greater than those who will give their 10% to church hoping to be blessed by God...how selfish....

but gullible church goers won't listen that tithe is religious scam, they will say they are being blessed, blessing only them can see and feel.
Who told you he doesnt pay tithe. The wife and two adult daughters are still strong catholics. He pays more than tithe. Do you know who sponsors a lot of american worldwide crusades esp Benny Hinns which runs in hundreds of millions of dollars? I am not just trying only to justified that he pay tithes but you got a lot of things thou knowest not.
Re: Bill Gates Ear-marks $6m For Cassava And Rice In Nigeria by PHfinest(m): 3:34pm On Mar 26, 2016
Dahveydson:

The kind of "Foreign Aid" that help us eradicate polio, no?

Sure...has absolutely nothing to do with devaluation
Re: Bill Gates Ear-marks $6m For Cassava And Rice In Nigeria by TheProphetess(f): 3:37pm On Mar 26, 2016
Emmagenius:
THIS is very Bad.This will be disastrous.They are gonna use Genetically-altered seeds. Google it and enlighten yourself.That was why he came to Nigeria(Kano).The problem is that those Gullible Northerners see it as a welcome development.Need i say more? Google right away and educate yourself.''Bill gates Genetically-altered seeds''...........the Aim is to DEPOPULATE Nigeria.........

This is just a conspiracy.
That's not true at all. Saying this means you don't understand the science behind it. A quick Google search will also prove that you are overreacting.

Besides what will he gain from depopulating Nigeria? We buy his products if anything he would try to multiply us.

God Nigerians are so cynical.
Re: Bill Gates Ear-marks $6m For Cassava And Rice In Nigeria by xtervaganza(m): 3:40pm On Mar 26, 2016
We don't want oooo

That was the evil way he brought Zika Virus to Brazil
Re: Bill Gates Ear-marks $6m For Cassava And Rice In Nigeria by Jenny89: 3:52pm On Mar 26, 2016
The truth is GMO foods are everywhere. Nigerians often find it hard to look beyond today. Sadly we pollute our environment, destroy the land and utterly destroy our ecosystem. People are happy to blow up pipelines to get back at the government but don't realise the land is being rendered barren, some of which may not regain fertility. By the time we are done chopping down the trees and building at every nook and cranny people would be hungry. These balances of nature do not happen overnight. The world is agitated about the climate changes but in Nigeria, we say we are blessed, these things don't happen to us. Have we taken time to really observe what we eat, the foods are changing shortage is looming and prices going up. What Nigeria needs is sustainable development and a rebranded think pattern

1 Like

Re: Bill Gates Ear-marks $6m For Cassava And Rice In Nigeria by Udofire(m): 3:54pm On Mar 26, 2016
RichYoungNigga:
This guy is the true definition of a philanthropist.
You know how much he's given to charity ??

Donald Trump is busy displaying his stupidity

Don't mind that Donald Trump guy. Hin mouth too sweet jare. Na Africa fit am.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

LSETF: My Farm Was Vandalized During EndSARS, But Now I can Rebuild / List Of Profitable Foodstuff To Buy In The North And Sell In South. / Forget Banking, Become A Farmer! -jim Rogers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.