Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,096 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:23 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1268010 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mx1(m): 8:28pm On Sep 23, 2009
hi everyone! few days a go water seep into my laptop from under, actually i did not know. on powering it it came on and hang somewhere. it was checked and it's working now but no battery is detected and indicator kept on blinking when unplugged from the mains. thanks for your help in advance
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:00pm On Sep 23, 2009
Please help.

i think my USB flash drive is broken, as no system is recognizing it. I have so many valuable files on it that I would like to retrieve.

Please advise

Take is XP or vista, tell me then I"ll see what i can do
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:05pm On Sep 23, 2009
hi everyone! few days a go water seep into my laptop from under, actually i did not know. on powering it it came on and hang somewhere. it was checked and it's working now but no battery is detected and indicator kept on blinking when unplugged from the mains. thanks for your help in advance

next time please ty to specify if it is XP or Vista. the blinking light is orange isnt it ? if that right then that means the battery is flat and need charging. does it blink if unplug ?Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:19pm On Sep 23, 2009
Please help.

i think my USB flash drive is broken, as no system is recognizing it. I have so many valuable files on it that I would like to retrieve.

Please advise

to make sure i get what you saying, you"ve tested this stick on different computers and no joy. what if you try other usb device on your pc and see if detect it.Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mx1(m): 10:59pm On Sep 23, 2009
@Deji2009, thanx bro. i'm sorry, it's a hp530 vista basic and yes the blinking light is orange. i tried a different battery, but is thesame thing. right now with me is another hp530 win XP which is working fine and both batteries seems to be ok.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by blackweaver(m): 11:08pm On Sep 23, 2009
that soumds bad, you may have to take ur laptop to be repaired, i hope u have a pc vendor that u trust; however wait for deji to give his two bits first
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 12:00am On Sep 24, 2009
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 12:03am On Sep 24, 2009
@blackweaver been ages bro. where have you been? hiding. lol wink
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lightwalk(m): 12:30am On Sep 24, 2009
@PC Busayo Thanks very much, it worked, it sure took some time though

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by PCbusayo(f): 12:21pm On Sep 24, 2009
@PC Busayo Thanks very much, it worked, it sure took some time though

thanxs
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 11:02pm On Sep 24, 2009
plz my task manager aint workn ny longer sayn disabled by admin n immediately restart d system,is my personal lappy xp PM fnks plz email it xule20@yahoo.com
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 11:25pm On Sep 24, 2009
@Xule20 a user's once had this problem and this was the diagnostics i provided

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-320513.0.html

Good luck.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 1:15am On Sep 25, 2009
That's surely a virus at your work on your system. You can type:

reg export HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies C:\pol.reg

and

reg delete HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies

in command prompt and run. Press yes to confirm anything

This will remove the rubbish restriction as well as other stupid changes that the viruses run on your system, or you can download simple file I uploaded here, rename the extension to .bat, and open it, click yes to confirm, and that's your task manager for you. You can come back for more details to help you remove the virus from your PC, goodluck

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by TheSeeker(m): 10:01am On Sep 25, 2009
Does anyone have an experience with McAfee anti-virus program? Lately I noticed it's been crashing my hard drive. Does anyone here have similar experience?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by netotse(m): 10:44am On Sep 25, 2009
TheSeeker:

Does anyone have an experience with McAfee anti-virus program? Lately I noticed it's been crashing my hard drive. Does anyone here have similar experience?

you're problem isnt specific enough
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by TheSeeker(m): 1:38pm On Sep 25, 2009
Sorry I wasn't specific earlier. I have been noticing for a while that all my laptops, after I have installed windows XP, will work after it's been rebooted. But upon installation of McAfee, the computer crashes and a subsequent blue-screen depicting 'dumping physical memory' is shown.

I figured it might have to do with the program, so I removed the anti-virus from one of the laptops and I found out it's taking a little longer before the error screen shows than how long it took before it was shown before. I went to the program files and removed all its folders but up till now, it hasn't shown the error screen. So I'm thinking if anyone has had similar experience.

However, which of these anti-virus programs would you recommend for windows xp: Kapersky, Avast, McAfee and Norton.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tunde300us(m): 1:51pm On Sep 25, 2009
hi all,
what do u think might be the problem with my yahoo messeneger,anytime my computer start up,i get an error message and the messenger never get to work.I have uninstall and reinstall,nd i have also changed version but all to no solution
thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lightwalk(m): 2:32pm On Sep 25, 2009
@the seeker, I once had that kinda problem. Had to use advanced windows care to remove it. i think you can also use an advanced uninstaller
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 3:19pm On Sep 25, 2009
@The seeker: I can't say any antivirus is the best. They all just depend on your zone and your pc. anyway, generally. avira is the best

@Tunde: try reinstalling your yahoo messenger, you can find an offline download at http://download.yimg.com/ycs/msg/dl/msgr9/us/ymsgr9us.exe
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by PCbusayo(f): 3:35pm On Sep 25, 2009
hi all,
what do u think might be the problem with my yahoo messeneger,anytime my computer start up,i get an error message and the messenger never get to work.I have uninstall and reinstall,nd i have also changed version but all to no solution
thanks

What was the error ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by BlackRevo: 7:55pm On Sep 25, 2009
@theseeker you can try kasperskey.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:13pm On Sep 25, 2009
@theseeker you can try kasperskey.

Nice one bro, I'm using Avast on dual boot PC which is very simple to use. it auto install update and let you know if there is any probem.I"ll rate it 8/10
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ritaNL: 8:35pm On Sep 25, 2009
My laptop is HP pavillion dv9000. Spilled water on it like 2 mths ago but recently it has bin excessively hot. what is happening and what can I do plz people .
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:55pm On Sep 25, 2009
My laptop is HP pavillion dv9000. Spilled water on it like 2 mths ago but recently it has bin excessively hot. what is happening and what can I do plz people .

are you using this notebook on your lap, bed or on any soft surface ?

When it get hot does it turn itself off ? The reason that being is because some laptop are designed to turn off when it get hot as to prevent further damages ? ok , here is a your diagnostics

Turn it off and back on please, dont wait for anything else repeatedly keep pressing f10 on the keybaord

should come to a blue screen called Bios setup utility. dont be alarm! simply use the arrow key to go down to diagnostics then primary hard disk long test please press enter and the hd test will now be in progress

Whilst doing this can you make sure laptop is running though the mains as this test can sometime take 1 hour or so

If the hd test failed then is a hard drive problem if the hd test pass then it a software reinstalling windows back to scratch should fix it. alternatively you can download a third party software to analyse all of the components temperature. Good luck, Deji sunday
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tunde300us(m): 8:56pm On Sep 25, 2009
@ pc busayo:
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:58pm On Sep 25, 2009
@ pc busayo:

That my girlfriend, she also into IT. how can i help ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tunde300us(m): 8:58pm On Sep 25, 2009
@pc busayo : the error read Yahoo messenger has encountered a problem and needs to close.we are sorry for the inconvenience
Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:07pm On Sep 25, 2009
@pc busayo : the error read Yahoo messenger has encountered a problem and needs to close.we are sorry for the inconvenience
Thanks

On your keyboard hold down Ctrl+Alt+delete a box should pop up, go to task manager and end all applications.

Hold down the windows logo+R a box should pop up type on there msconfig if vista you will be prompt to continue

look for start up uncheck all the programme you"re familiar with e.g. yahoo messenger+ other software you"ve

installed except anything that says microsoft and your security software. click apply and ok. for changes to take effect close any application currently open restart your system then test. Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by blackweaver(m): 9:08pm On Sep 25, 2009
@tunde have you  tried uninstalling and reinstalling?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:16pm On Sep 25, 2009
@tunde have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling?

yeah bro, I think he's using version 8 or 9
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by blackweaver(m): 9:33pm On Sep 25, 2009
i really wish i could think up better ideas but i don't use messenger myself, after all
yahoo has chat on its mail now that way no need for installations
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ritaNL: 9:37pm On Sep 25, 2009
@ Deji

Thx so much. I used it on my bed most of the time but I've stop cos whenever it gets so hot,it kept shutting down itself.
I gonna try what you recommend rite away.I will let you know when I'm done. Thx once again.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.