Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,811 members, 7,806,279 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:56 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1262111 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 10:51am On Sep 05, 2009
Looks like I can now post on this thread. Thanks admin.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 4llerbe(m): 4:09pm On Sep 05, 2009
Pls wat culd be killing my desktop's cmos battery? All of a sudden av had 2 change d cmos twice in 2 month 2 weeks! Infact i rarely eva hear of cmos being changed much less yearly
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by blackweaver(m): 4:50pm On Sep 05, 2009
how do you know it's the cmos battery that's bad?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Simbobo(f): 7:43pm On Sep 05, 2009
@blackweaver. U were right,i didnt no idm was installed on my system but hv uninstalled it as u've advised. I tried fdm,it's loading was 100% completed but i couldnt get it on my desktop. If idm is d best,pls where can i buy it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:35pm On Sep 05, 2009
how do you know it's the cmos battery that's bad?

never heard Cmos being change every months, kind of weired isnt it ? well, I'm asking same question as above
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Simbobo(f): 11:15pm On Sep 05, 2009
@skydancer. ayobamydele@yahoo.com,kindly help with d download issue if u can.(yahoomessenger&moxillafirefox)
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by blackweaver(m): 11:24pm On Sep 05, 2009
@symbobo unfortunately i don't know to pay for Idm
that's why i use alternatives
besides i don;t think idm is particularly better than other download managers
the one i use seems to work well for me anyway
what do you mean by "it's loading was 100% completed but i couldnt get it on my desktop"
do (1)you mean you downloaded fdm and cannot find where you downloaded it to
or (2)you installed it and there is no link on your desktop or
(3) you are using it and you downloaded a program and you can't find that program?

if your answer is 1 then are you using internet explorer or firefox?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Simbobo(f): 11:37pm On Sep 05, 2009
I mean d shortcut. I tried downloading yahoomessenger & firefox after d fdm installation but couldnt get anything,so i concluded since it's not on d standby screen it's likely i didnt get it in d 1st place.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by blackweaver(m): 11:55pm On Sep 05, 2009
if you click on start -> programs you should see free download manager;
right click on the item on the menu and select send to desktop
that way you will see the icon on your desktop
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 4llerbe(m): 11:41am On Sep 06, 2009
Cos i get dis nice msg frm d bios POST saying cmos checksum failed, my time n date always reset, d pc always scans 4 ram n harddrive AND when i change d cmos everything starts working well!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Simbobo(f): 3:28pm On Sep 06, 2009
Weaver good work,i've gotten d fdm. I beg i still need assistance on how 2 get yahoomessenger&firefox.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by blackweaver(m): 8:00pm On Sep 06, 2009
firefox can be got from mozilla.com
as for messenger. unfortunately i don't use
it but you should be able to get it from the yahoo site
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Simbobo(f): 10:24pm On Sep 06, 2009
Got firefox but couldnt browse wit it. It's pop up is saying "proxy server is refusing connections". How do i set d server 2 work with it?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:32pm On Sep 06, 2009
@Simbobo if you just bear with me please. I'm on my IE on my xp just need to switch on my laptop which has firefox, stay tune
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:39pm On Sep 06, 2009
@simbobo, this will solve the problem proxy server is refusing connection https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/6709

try that and follow on screen instruction just incase that doesnt work it should do but never can tell then try doing it manually

Step 1Click the "Tools" tab in Firefox which will display a drop-down menu. Click "Options" from the menu.

Step 2 An Option Dialogue Box will appear. Select the "Advanced" tab.

Step 3 On the "Advanced" screen, click the "Network" tab, and then the "Settings" tab.

Step 4Select the option that says "No Proxy."

Step 5Click "OK," then click "OK" again on the next screen. You have now disabled the proxy settings. Good Luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by blackweaver(m): 10:53pm On Sep 06, 2009
but that's sort of strange; firefox doesn't enable proxy by default
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 11:13pm On Sep 06, 2009
but that's sort of strange; firefox doesn't enable proxy by default

is weired isnt it ? by default firefox is set to no proxy didnt know that myself just had a look on my vista which has firefox on
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by blackweaver(m): 11:26pm On Sep 06, 2009
Perhaps Simbob has used it to browse somewhere else where they configured proxy for her
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 11:48pm On Sep 06, 2009
Perhaps Simbob has used it to browse somewhere else where they configured proxy for her

maybe, I'm with you.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Simbobo(f): 12:42am On Sep 07, 2009
I used d manual method & it worked. TenQ very much,but i'm yet 2 get d yahoo messenger. It was installed but it didnt give out any menu options when i tried 2 open it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by PCbusayo(f): 1:04am On Sep 07, 2009
nice one Deji
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by PCbusayo(f): 1:06am On Sep 07, 2009
@Simbobo so, you"ve download the yahoo messenger ? when you double click on the messenger icon, what does it says ? as n any options
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Simbobo(f): 1:28am On Sep 07, 2009
embarassed Busayo i no how 2 open an icon,but d yahoo messenger's is not giving out anytin. I'm running on battery would hv re-intalled it now.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tmny: 4:21am On Sep 07, 2009
Can someone help me out with:

How can I share 3 of my systems together.

Pls, I need the steps involved.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 6:01pm On Sep 07, 2009
Can someone help me out with:

How can I share 3 of my systems together.

Pls, I need the steps involved.

Good questions but that isnt telling me anything. what make and operating system are they e.g. Hp, vista. what are you trying to do be specific e.g. networking so you can share files or wireless printing
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 6:17pm On Sep 07, 2009
@Embarrassed Busayo i no how 2 open an icon,but d yahoo messenger's is not giving out anytin. I'm running on battery would hv re-intalled it now.

not able to download a programme on firefox is quite common, this to do with the designs of firefox misleading some user's

have experienced this before and trust me i nearly burst into tears. firefox just wont give me an option to open the application, unlike internet explorer. to cut the long story short,try this.

download the programme and make note of where you"re saving it to e.g. desktop for easy retrieval. after you save it click ok if I'm correct if you look at the clock area you should have a pop up saying download complete

after that there should be a square box at top of your page with green bar running across indicating how is progressing. right click on it and click open and follow the instruction to install the messenger. should be fine, if not then try IE. sorry if wordings are too

long, this what i do at my work place when providing email support, I'm use to it. Good luck !
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 6:23pm On Sep 07, 2009
@simbobo just incase you have no joy from the previous diagnostics. take it you"re using yahoo messenger version 9

If you don't install the 9.0 messenger correctly, it will not work.

It has to beRun as the Administrator. I think if you Right click on the downloaded .exe after you download it, you will be able to Run as Administrator. If that is all too confusing you can

Do this

Click on Start Button/ Settings/ Control Panel/ Add or Remove Programs.

DUMP anything that says Yahoo Messenger (toolbar, address book etc etc etc) they will be listed at the bottom of that window if there are any), and go to this website

http://www.oldversion.com

Scroll down (at the bottom of the page on the Left is Yahoo Messenger). Versions 3-8 are there to choose from. I PERSONALLY SUGGEST 7.0.

you will NOT lose any Contacts from a previous version you ran, they are all saved on Yahoos Sever and will transfer to whatever version you install.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Kevdee4reel(m): 1:38pm On Sep 08, 2009
Hi, pls i av a problem wit a blackscreen on my system after booting.Instead of a desktop showing after d windows song, i get a blackscreen. Also I av lost almost all my application, programmes, i know it's a virus n it wudn't let me install any antivirusa or install anything at all.I currently don't av any antivirus.I know formatting might solve it but my dvd drive is bad it doesn't see any discs. Is there a way to get a new or fairly used dvd drive n ow much is it. I wish i can sell it but i wud like a solution.Pls help. Its a dell inspiron 6400
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 4:54pm On Sep 08, 2009
Simbobo probably had her laptop configured to use your-freedom. I have seen someone get frustrated on that.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 5:12pm On Sep 08, 2009
@Kevdee4ree, take it is a laptop yeah ? do the following please

turn it off disconnect pheripherals e.g. charger , printer , speaker and the battery which can be found underneath the laptop etc

I know this weired but does work. after the battery is out

hold your finger down on the laptop power button(30secs) this would discharge any static build up

connect just the charger back on again please[b] repeatedly[/b] dont wait for anything else

keep pressing f8 on the kb

prompted with advanced boot option

select start windows normally

should now see the microsoft logo

after that shutdown it down and pop the battery in and switch back on again, Good luck @Kevdee4ree
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 5:21pm On Sep 08, 2009
@Kevdee4ree, if no joy with above diagnostics. then,

turn it off as normal

repeatedly dont wait for anything

keep pressing F2 on the kb

should be prompted with a blue screen(Bios)

I[b]f not then try Delete instead [/b]if you cant get into the bios

then your laptop need repairing if does get to the bios then

you"re laughing aint you? look for[b] load default settings[/b]

F10 Save and Exit then test the system and see how stable it is

if you're suuccesful getting into windows then give us a shout and we can all help

regarding the cd/dvd drive issue, Good luck once again.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.