Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,168 members, 7,821,962 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (1005) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1271685 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1002) (1003) (1004) (1005) (1006) (1007) (1008) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Esji80(m): 4:40pm On Apr 16, 2019
etech:
if your power pack is fine, then your mother board needs to be checked.

Ok, thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Jayboltz(m): 10:44am On Apr 18, 2019
pls due to non usage of my laptop
I found out the keyboard doesn't function properly
do I need to replace the keyboard ??
sometimes the cursor seizes n stops moving n I have to restart the system for it to start working
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by etech: 11:43am On Apr 18, 2019
First remove and clean the keyboard the presence of dust will make it malfunction.

Jayboltz:
pls due to non usage of my laptop
I found out the keyboard doesn't function properly
do I need to replace the keyboard ??
sometimes the cursor seizes n stops moving n I have to restart the system for it to start working
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Ifyclaire: 1:02pm On Apr 18, 2019
I have a new Acer Aspire Laptop with inbuilt battery. It does not charge but only works when it is connected to power source.

What could be the problem? Please somebody should help me.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by etech: 1:24pm On Apr 18, 2019
do you see the battery icon marked x when powered up?

Ifyclaire:
I have a new Acer Aspire Laptop with inbuilt battery. It does not charge but only works when it is connected to power source.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Ifyclaire: 11:08pm On Apr 18, 2019
etech:
do you see the battery icon marked x when powered up?

The battery icon is not marked x rather it's just normal icon but does not show any sign of charging. The battery indicator light is blinking Amber color.

Sorry for the late reply.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by etech: 1:52am On Apr 19, 2019
the battery and the charging port needs to be checked.

quote author=Ifyclaire post=77663095]

The battery icon is not marked x rather it's just normal icon but does not show any sign of charging. The battery indicator light is blinking Amber color.

Sorry for the late reply.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by JeremyGO: 9:43am On Apr 19, 2019
I have a Lenovo ideapad Laptop with inbuilt battery. It shows no battery detected but only works when it is connected to power source and the battery was working before.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by etech: 10:58am On Apr 19, 2019
any warning mesage from the bios during boot up?

JeremyGO:
I have a Lenovo ideapad Laptop with inbuilt battery. It shows no battery detected but only works when it is connected to power source and the battery was working before.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by JeremyGO: 11:22am On Apr 19, 2019
No
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by JeremyGO: 11:24am On Apr 19, 2019
Last week when I plug it , it shows plugged in charging and the battery percent don't move from Zero percent, then the next morning no battery detected
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by etech: 11:26am On Apr 19, 2019
consider getting your battery n charging port checked.

quote author=JeremyGO post=77673777]No[/quote]
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by JeremyGO: 11:57am On Apr 19, 2019
Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 3:18pm On Apr 19, 2019
Ifyclaire:

This issue can be battery or motherboard

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 3:19pm On Apr 19, 2019
JeremyGO:

Try another battery on it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by obizzy(m): 6:47pm On Apr 19, 2019
Performance and Specifications

Condition ------ Used for 8 months

Type --------- Laptop

Brand -------- HP

Processor --------- Intel Pentium

Number of Cores ------- Quad core

RAM --------- 4GB

Storage Capacity ------ 500GB

storage type ------- HDD

Display size -------- 15"/15.6"

Graphics card -------- Intel

Operating System -------- windows 7 upgraded to Windows 10

Battery life -------- Lasts over 7 hours with 1hr 30 minutes charging time.

Faults -------- NONE except the battery is bad so you'll need to get a new battery after purchase.

ASKING PRICE - 45,000 Awoof price

WhatsApp - 08131326348

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chuckwizzy(m): 7:22pm On Apr 19, 2019
The problems I'm facing are numerous.

First of all my uncle sent me his laptop from Germany,only for me to find out that it's completely in German not English.

After trying my best to change it to English I couldn't.

My battery was also bad so I had to buy a new one, My guy who studied computer engineering told me that I have to buy a new battery and upgrade my OS then he'll make it English for me.

I did that exactly, my laptop was 32bit windows 7 but my guy was able to change it to a 64bit windows 10.

The next day problems arose....
*My laptop trips off on its on. Even when the battery is full
* It hangs so much and it's too slow
*If I watch a video I have to reduce the screen size very small or it'll crack. Sometimes it still cracks regardless of the screen size I set it to
* The system will completely FREEEZE until I force off it
And so many other problems.... Its not like they happen once in a while. They happen whenever I switch on my laptop

I NEED HELP!!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 7:23pm On Apr 19, 2019
JeremyGO:
Last week when I plug it , it shows plugged in charging and the battery percent don't move from Zero percent, then the next morning no battery detected

Your battery is bad and need to be replaced.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 7:30pm On Apr 19, 2019
chuckwizzy:
The problems I'm facing are numerous.

First of all my uncle sent me his laptop from Germany,only for me to find out that it's completely in German not English.

After trying my best to change it to English I couldn't.

My battery was also bad so I had to buy a new one, My guy who studied computer engineering told me that I have to buy a new battery and upgrade my OS then he'll make it English for me.

I did that exactly, my laptop was 32bit windows 7 but my guy was able to change it to a 64bit windows 10.

The next day problems arose....
*My laptop trips off on its on. Even when the battery is full
* It hangs so much and it's too slow
*If I watch a video I have to reduce the screen size very small or it'll crack. Sometimes it still cracks regardless of the screen size I set it to
* The system will completely FREEEZE until I force off it
And so many other problems.... Its not like they happen once in a while. They happen whenever I switch on my laptop

I NEED HELP!!

Concerning the language, all you could have done is change it to English in bios setup.

Concerning the freezing and video cracking,I'll advise you to replace or increase your RAM.

Your laptop trips off on it own even when the battery is full?
Pls explain this well, is always constant?
Like every 20mins or so?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 7:32pm On Apr 19, 2019
Ifyclaire:

Fault might be ba3 issue or motherboard issue.

Which I believe it doesn't power on with battery but with charger.
I'll advise you take it to a laptop technician, he will be able to check it properly for you.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by JeremyGO: 10:13pm On Apr 19, 2019
Thanks a lot guys .......pls who knows where I can buy pc inbuilt battery
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Ifyclaire: 12:22pm On Apr 20, 2019
udemzyudex:

Fault might be ba3 issue or motherboard issue.

Which I believe it doesn't power on with battery but with charger.
I'll advise you take it to a laptop technician, he will be able to check it properly for you.

Thank you so much. I have made up my mind to take it to technician.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by donphosphate(m): 2:48pm On Apr 20, 2019
Good evening..... pls I need an urgent assistance. I wanted to install Solidworks 2017 on my phone but it was window 8 that was installed on it. and cant install Solidworks 2017 on window 8. now am planning to upgrade it to 8.1. pls if I upgrade will I need to install drivers for everything again.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 3:27pm On Apr 20, 2019
donphosphate:
Good evening..... pls I need an urgent assistance. I wanted to install Solidworks 2017 on my phone but it was window 8 that was installed on it. and cant install Solidworks 2017 on window 8. now am planning to upgrade it to 8.1. pls if I upgrade will I need to install drivers for everything again.

Yes
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by donphosphate(m): 4:21pm On Apr 20, 2019
donphosphate:
system i mean not phone
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by etech: 5:16pm On Apr 20, 2019
if you are upgrading from win 8 to 8.1 there are possibilities that all your drivers will be installed as far as you are upgrading during your installing not formatting before installion.

however in event where some of your drivers are not installed like grahics, network controller etc just download the required driver and install.

donphosphate:
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by CharlesJok3r: 5:47pm On Apr 20, 2019
USB controller and network controller driver is missing on windows 7. And I can't seem to find it in all of the driver disc I've bought so far. What should I do now
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by CharlesJok3r: 5:51pm On Apr 20, 2019
etech:
if you are upgrading from win 8 to 8.1 there are possibilities that all your drivers will be installed as far as you are upgrading during your installing not formatting before installion.

however in event where some of your drivers are not installed like grahics, network controller etc just download the required driver and install.

What if both USB controller and network controller are missing. How will one be able to install them?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by footprint17(m): 5:57pm On Apr 20, 2019
skydancer:
Just post any problems you are having with your pc here. The more software related, the better. smiley

If you're having virus, worms or any other malware problems. Try scanning your PC with RoboSAM first.

Edit:
Sometimes, I may reply to your post but the spam bot will hide it, if it happens that others here cannot solve your problem, you can contact me by mail at relaxtuners at gmail dot com.

Good Luck

Mac users, go here: https://www.nairaland.com/830548/post-imac-macbook-macbook-pro
Ubuntu Linux users: https://www.nairaland.com/11508/ubuntu-linux
Please I really need your help. My HP pavilion dv6 3rd generation is faulty (bad screen) and I have a dell inspiring 15. Both screen are of same size. Can I swap it?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by etech: 6:24pm On Apr 20, 2019
both lan and wirless driver are missing?

what is the config of your system.

CharlesJok3r:
USB controller and network controller driver is missing on windows 7. And I can't seem to find it in all of the driver disc I've bought so far. What should I do now
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by CharlesJok3r: 7:15pm On Apr 20, 2019
etech:
both lan and wirless driver are missing?

what is the config of your system.

Lan isn't missing. I don't know about wireles but WiFi is no where to be found.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 8:49pm On Apr 20, 2019
CharlesJok3r:

Unless you want to drive the USB 3.0 port, the USB 2.0 is supposed to work automatically..

Which driver pack did you buy?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1002) (1003) (1004) (1005) (1006) (1007) (1008) ... (1223) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.