Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,332 members, 7,811,971 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:21 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (1065) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1264704 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1062) (1063) (1064) (1065) (1066) (1067) (1068) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Lamzee(m): 4:09am On Nov 29, 2020
AIT1:

Please, do you have an idea for the price of VGA card for Hp Elitebook 8540p

Thanks.

Guess that should be around 15k
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Lamzee(m): 4:14am On Nov 29, 2020
Tekrify:
I have formatted the system before .not up to a month ago..and am running autoCAD 2017..
In short it been running fine until now adays..
Secondly I said the system freezes some times after booting up... remember it core 15.. sometimes it hang just by exploring files on file explorer..
Try to increase the RAM, buh I’d want you to know that not all COREI5 system can do tedious graphics work. Some will take time when rendering, reason is because it doesn’t come with Dedicated Graphics

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by AIT1(m): 5:41am On Nov 29, 2020
Lamzee:

Guess that should be around 15k

Thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 8:12am On Nov 29, 2020
oneitalia:
My Elitebook 850 can only switch on when it’s being plugged, if I take off the charger it will shutdown and wouldn’t come up without charging it. What could be the problem please? Thank you.

Your battery is bad consider replacing the battery
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by petux(m): 9:30am On Nov 29, 2020
skydancer:

Sounds like a problem that matured. You may have developed a hardware issue. Have you run the diagnostic? Are you able to boot into safe mode?

Okay. Thank you. I took it to a computer workshop and they said it's an hardware issue. They said the drive is corrupt. They said I needed to buy another hard drive. (8k). I got home and powered it on expecting to see the same issue only for my system to boot normally. I was so happy.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Malawian(m): 1:47pm On Nov 29, 2020
Tekrify:
I have formatted the system before .not up to a month ago..and am running autoCAD 2017..
In short it been running fine until now adays..
Secondly I said the system freezes some times after booting up... remember it core 15.. sometimes it hang just by exploring files on file explorer..
Pls, its been long I used AutoCAD and seemed to have forgotten many things I used yo know. Pls, how to you create blocks I.e the Corel draw equivalent of Control+G (Group)? I want to merge and move a group of elements together as a block.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by AyobamiIsaac12: 3:23pm On Nov 29, 2020
I sell windows 10 pro and home keys. Send a dm if interested.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Marvis1010(m): 9:49pm On Nov 29, 2020
Pls my pc won't boot normally again.

It always stock in a blue background telling me the "system registry file is missing or corrupt"

help pls on wat to do
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Lamzee(m): 10:06pm On Nov 29, 2020
Marvis1010:

It always stock in a blue background telling me the "system registry file is missing or corrupt"

help pls on wat to do
Reload the system with your preferred operating system
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Marvis1010(m): 1:23am On Nov 30, 2020
Lamzee:

Reload the system with your preferred operating system

how?

I mean i can't do anything on it just useless since it starts displaying dat nonsense blue background
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 8:24am On Nov 30, 2020
oneitalia:
My Elitebook 850 can only switch on when it’s being plugged, if I take off the charger it will shutdown and wouldn’t come up without charging it. What could be the problem please? Thank you.

It doesn't retain charge?

Is your battery still working?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 8:26am On Nov 30, 2020
Tekrify:
Please am using an HP 8440p Laptop..core 15 4gb ram about 230gb HDD windows 10 64bit... But it lags most times after booting..I mostly use it for autoCAD.and sometimes when I run autoCAD it freezes until recently when it just totally freezer Although I could till go to the start menu..when I opened the task manager it showed that autoCAD isnot responsive... sometimes I boot my system and it begins to lag when I haven't run any software at all..

Increase your RAM to 8gb.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 8:27am On Nov 30, 2020
kecee99:
It worked, Thanks!!!

Pls, how can I increase VideoRAM on windows 10

Increase the RAM size
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 8:33am On Nov 30, 2020
skydancer:

If you know how to change it yourself you can order from here: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001186024190.html
Shouldn't cost more than 15k

Cost more? You should also consider the size if it is 1gb,2gb etc and the make whether nvidia or radeon, it can be more than #15k
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 8:35am On Nov 30, 2020
petux:

Okay. Thank you. I took it to a computer workshop and they said it's an hardware issue. They said the drive is corrupt. They said I needed to buy another hard drive. (8k). I got home and powered it on expecting to see the same issue only for my system to boot normally. I was so happy.

Lol... Good, but I'll advise you start saving money for it.

To know the current health of your hdd, download hard drive sentinel online and run the application, it will show you the health and the days/remaining.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 8:37am On Nov 30, 2020
Marvis1010:

help pls on wat to do

Reinstall the operating system
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 9:00am On Nov 30, 2020
udemzyudex:

Cost more? You should also consider the size if it is 1gb,2gb etc and the make whether nvidia or radeon, it can be more than #15k
Very true
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Lamzee(m): 9:47am On Nov 30, 2020
Marvis1010:

how?

I mean i can't do anything on it just useless since it starts displaying dat nonsense blue background
You can look for a Nearby Laptop Technician to do that, buh if you’re in Lagos , you can drop a WhatsApp message or call 08187223838
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Horlardorjah(m): 10:54am On Nov 30, 2020
Hello great people, pls is it possible for me to retrieve my documents from my harddisk that was formatted and also, any hp probook goes off if I am rendering 3d on it once it gets to 40%. Is the problem with the board or harddisk. Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tekrify(m): 1:09pm On Nov 30, 2020
You will have to group the object first and then convert that entire object into a block..
Click on insert on ur tool bar..u will see an icon called creat block.. click on it and select the entire grouped objects to convert it to a block and name it den save
Malawian:

Pls, its been long I used AutoCAD and seemed to have forgotten many things I used yo know. Pls, how to you create blocks I.e the Corel draw equivalent of Control+G (Group)? I want to merge and move a group of elements together as a block.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Malawian(m): 3:07pm On Nov 30, 2020
Tekrify:
You will have to group the object first and then convert that entire object into a block..
Click on insert on ur tool bar..u will see an icon called creat block.. click on it and select the entire grouped objects to convert it to a block and name it den save
Thanks a lot.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Malawian(m): 3:12pm On Nov 30, 2020
Horlardorjah:
Hello great people, pls is it possible for me to retrieve my documents from my harddisk that was formatted and also, any hp probook goes off if I am rendering 3d on it once it gets to 40%. Is the problem with the board or harddisk. Thanks
Probably RAM. Increase paging file, but better still add extra RAM stick. (If available RAM is up to 4GB, then the RAM is faulty. How you know if your RAM is faulty is to open resource monitor via task manager, click on RAM and see if it gives hundreds of "Hard Faults" frequently)
Also, retrieving your document from formatted drives is not even an issue. There are numerous software's that does it. Eg. Recuva for one.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Horlardorjah(m): 4:27pm On Nov 30, 2020
Malawian:

Probably RAM. Increase paging file, but better still add extra RAM stick. (If available RAM is up to 4GB, then the RAM is faulty. How you know if your RAM is faulty is to open resource monitor via task manager, click on RAM and see if it gives hundreds of "Hard Faults" frequently)
Also, retrieving your document from formatted drives is not even an issue. There are numerous software's that does it. Eg. Recuva for one.

Thanks for this Sir, God bless you
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Samuell2019(m): 6:54pm On Nov 30, 2020
Good evening everyone. The last week has been a terrible one as my pc suddenly lags, slows down drastically and won't respond to commands. Even turning it off is a struggle. I've had to force shut down.

Any solution will be live saving at this point. Thank you

System spec is 8GB Ram
8th generation HP
1TB SSD
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Arthurity1(m): 12:34pm On Dec 01, 2020
Good day all... My hard drive just became corrupted, and there are important files on it that I need... Please help a brother out, how do I fix it?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chekz169: 7:47am On Dec 02, 2020
Please.. anybody with a link to download window 7 32bit Operating system.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 6:58pm On Dec 02, 2020
Please do anybody know the price of hp 15 notebook screen... My screen broke
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ashawoKGB: 7:06pm On Dec 02, 2020
Hello guys .
Pls my laptop has been rejecting disk for sometimes . if I put a DVD disk, it won't display at all. I have tried rectifying it with Device Manager but to no avail. I think it has to do with Windows update. Has anyone experienced such b4 and how did you go about it ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 6:41am On Dec 03, 2020
ashawoKGB:
Hello guys .
Pls my laptop has been rejecting disk for sometimes . if I put a DVD disk, it won't display at all. I have tried rectifying it with Device Manager but to no avail. I think it has to do with Windows update. Has anyone experienced such b4 and how did you go about it ?

I think you need to replace your dvd rom
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 6:42am On Dec 03, 2020
samplay9:
Please do anybody know the price of hp 15 notebook screen... My screen broke

Screen is very expensive now is probably around 20k
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ashawoKGB: 9:14am On Dec 03, 2020
horllamy:

I think you need to replace your dvd rom
Wow thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ambitiouschap17: 5:51pm On Dec 03, 2020
Please guys, how can I solve this problem.

The application was unable to start correctly (0Xc000005) and (0Xc000007b).

Please I don watch Indian tutorial tire for YouTube, I have even download Windows update up to 2gb.

Please help me ooo

(1) (2) (3) ... (1062) (1063) (1064) (1065) (1066) (1067) (1068) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.