Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,161 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:12 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (1073) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1263634 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1070) (1071) (1072) (1073) (1074) (1075) (1076) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Jamsal18(m): 7:55pm On Jan 14, 2021
Jamsal18:
I got a Dell latitude E7450, so I collected a pes 17 from a friend it did not play, saying some error, so i gave a guy to help me check it out, he did some formatting and install Window 10 enterprise, the game start working but i found that sometimes when playing game on watching video my PC restart, so I'm thinking if it is the graphic driver or something or should i get a new window install
please guys solution!!!!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tygar(m): 7:58pm On Jan 14, 2021
AIT1:
Good evening bosses.

Please, my Windows 10 PC goes off by itself. After I ON the laptop and it boots to windows, it will suddenly shutdown itself (Barely 5 minutes after coming ON).

Please, what could be the problem and how do I rectify it?

Thanks.
it might be overheating.
u can download speedfan to check the temperature of your system.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by AIT1(m): 8:36pm On Jan 14, 2021
tygar:

it might be overheating.
u can download speedfan to check the temperature of your system.

Thanks. But how do I download it? The system has refused to stay ON!

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tygar(m): 7:39pm On Jan 15, 2021
AIT1:

Thanks. But how do I download it? The system has refused to stay ON!
How hot is the underside or the air vent of your laptop immediately after it trips off. if it is very hot it is definitely overheating. You can check to see if the fan is "WORKING WELL", because the fan might be working but the rpm might not be able to dispel the heat from the laptop.
The other cause of overheating I can think of is dried thermal paste. If you are a DIY guy you can change the thermal paste yourself, else you will have to take it to a computer technician.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by AIT1(m): 8:11pm On Jan 15, 2021
tygar:

How hot is the underside or the air vent of your laptop immediately after it trips off. if it is very hot it is definitely overheating. You can check to see if the fan is "WORKING WELL", because the fan might be working but the rpm might not be able to dispel the heat from the laptop.
The other cause of overheating I can think of is dried thermal paste. If you are a DIY guy you can change the thermal paste yourself, else you will have to take it to a computer technician.

Okay, thanks. I will get thermal paste and do it myself.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ap4real: 8:57pm On Jan 15, 2021
How much can I get HP EliteBook 8470p Mother Board? It's urgent
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Ajineita: 10:39am On Jan 16, 2021
My PC cant find HDD for formatting and window installation... any possible diagnoses?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ebab(m): 10:16pm On Jan 16, 2021
Check your hdd...

Ajineita:
My PC cant find HDD for formatting and window installation... any possible diagnoses?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 7:43am On Jan 17, 2021
Ajineita:

1. check if your system have bios password

2. Depending on the model, change from UEFI to legacy boot or enable it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 7:45am On Jan 17, 2021
Jamsal18:
please guys solution!!!!

First of all check the game system requirement, then check the display adapter driver.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 7:46am On Jan 17, 2021
AIT1:
Good evening bosses.

Please, my Windows 10 PC goes off by itself. After I ON the laptop and it boots to windows, it will suddenly shutdown itself (Barely 5 minutes after coming ON).

Please, what could be the problem and how do I rectify it?

Thanks.

What's the model of your laptop?

a lot of things can cause this though, I'll suggest you see a laptop technician.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Ajineita: 8:20am On Jan 17, 2021
udemzyudex:

1. check if your system have bios password

2. Depending on the model, change from UEFI to legacy boot or enable it.
Can any good hardware engineer help me fix this? Do you know how much it might cost me at the point of repairing? Thanks for your time and care...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 8:33am On Jan 17, 2021
Ajineita:

Can any good hardware engineer help me fix this? Do you know how much it might cost me at the point of repairing? Thanks for your time and care...

Yes any hardware angr can fix it and as for the price I can't really say because there are no fix price for repair.

You can msg me on WhatsApp via the number on my signature, we can work it out.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by AIT1(m): 8:43am On Jan 17, 2021
udemzyudex:

What's the model of your laptop?

a lot of things can cause this though, I'll suggest you see a laptop technician.

My laptop is Elitebook 8540p.

My VGA card has been giving me problem before now. Iater took it to a technician and got another VGA card and its working well now.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by harkinlaby77(m): 10:38am On Jan 17, 2021
Pls house, is it possible for spoilt charging port to affect the board? My charging port got bad and I change it but the laptop is not coming on
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 11:03am On Jan 17, 2021
harkinlaby77:
Pls house, is it possible for spoilt charging port to affect the board? My charging port got bad and I change it but the laptop is not coming on

Probably there was a voltage spike when the port got bad, you will need a technician to check it out.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by harkinlaby77(m): 11:05am On Jan 17, 2021
Pls any idea of the price to get it fixed or can you recommend anyone to me in lagos
udemzyudex:

Probably there was a voltage spike when the port got bad, you will need a technician to check it out.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 12:19pm On Jan 17, 2021
harkinlaby77:
Pls any idea of the price to get it fixed or can you recommend anyone to me in lagos

I'm in lagos, I can fix it for you.
you can reach me with the number on my signature.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Jamsal18(m): 12:37pm On Jan 17, 2021
udemzyudex:

First of all check the game system requirement, then check the display adapter driver.
ok sir.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Victarion(m): 11:28pm On Jan 18, 2021
Pls what should I do??, my system keeps doing this

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Gboyeboy(m): 9:37am On Jan 19, 2021
Good morning guys. Please I need an engineer that can change an entire laptop case and the price.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ebab(m): 9:38am On Jan 19, 2021
Format it

Victarion:
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Olajydeey: 11:49am On Jan 19, 2021
Jamsal18:
please guys solution!!!!
Do u place the laptop on a bed or chair? When playing
Try putting it on a stool
Or put some books underneath your laptop it should stop
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Olajydeey: 11:53am On Jan 19, 2021
Victarion:
I am not a technician o
I
That's a Dell Laptop? Right
Go to a technician, they would resit the hardisk or Rom
One of the two
I dan forget

I experienced this issue last mlnth
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Olajydeey: 11:57am On Jan 19, 2021
horllamy:
too costly if you’re in Lagos I can do that for you for just small money

Way Too costly
Worst case scenario should be 10k at worst 15k
Depending on the hard disk you want to purchase
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jan 19, 2021
@skydancer, my system beeps during booting; what could be the cause?

I am really worried coz I just acquired the system.

Any way out??
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jan 19, 2021
In this video, you’ll learn more about laptop computers and how they differ from desktop computers.

Visit :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1agMxHFGY8A

for our lesson.

We hope you enjoy!

PLEASE DONT FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE FOR MORE EDUCATIONAL VIDEOS

Click the link or copy the link and paste in your browser or simply click the link in our signature to see the full tutorial video.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Victarion(m): 7:08pm On Jan 19, 2021
Olajydeey:

I am not a technician o
I
That's a Dell Laptop? Right
Go to a technician, they would resit the hardisk or Rom
One of the two
I dan forget

I experienced this issue last mlnth
how much did your technician charge to reset the hard disk
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 7:51pm On Jan 19, 2021
Oregbe17:

Any way out??
What system is that?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Onnasucs1(m): 11:10pm On Jan 19, 2021
Please help me. I have been suffering.

My Hp Elitebook 6930p automatically deletes words if I'm typing.

Or if I place the cursor on any folder, it deletes it.

The delete button doesn't work again.

Also if I touch the volume button, the deleting stops for a while before it continues.

Note: I've upgraded the software to windows 10. Still no improvement.

PS: it doesn't delete all the time. It can work perfectly for Maybe like 30 mins before it starts misbehaving
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 1:07am On Jan 20, 2021
Gboyeboy:
Good morning guys. Please I need an engineer that can change an entire laptop case and the price.

What's the model of your laptop and your location?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 1:10am On Jan 20, 2021
Oregbe17:

Any way out??

Probably keyboard issue.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1070) (1071) (1072) (1073) (1074) (1075) (1076) ... (1222) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.