Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,308 members, 7,819,048 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:31 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (1122) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1269666 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1119) (1120) (1121) (1122) (1123) (1124) (1125) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Smartlight(m): 8:32pm On Oct 22, 2021
How can I upgrade my windows 7 laptop to windows 10 .
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Lipso: 9:16pm On Oct 22, 2021
When I use vlc, the video played but no sound. What do I do to correct the sound problem. Thanks in advance.
udemzyudex:

Use vlc
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Amicable24: 9:28pm On Oct 22, 2021
udemzyudex:

Well a lot of things can cause screen flickering, either software or hardware and from the way you analyse it, it looks like a hardware issue.

Display adapter driver can cause it, which is the software part and if your laptop own is a hardware fault, it will definitely come back.

For the second part of your post, your cmos battery is low, you need to replace it.

Okay, thank you for the response
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Yinksdavid(m): 11:50pm On Oct 22, 2021
Smartlight:
How can I upgrade my windows 7 laptop to windows 10 .

Below are the steps required

1. Back up all of your important documents, apps, and data
2. Head over to Microsoft’s Windows 10 download site
3. In the Create Windows 10 installation media section, select “Download tool now,” and run the app
4. When prompted, choose “Upgrade this PC now.”
5. You’ll then be asked whether you want to keep your personal files or start fresh. Remember: starting fresh or keeping your files still means that all apps and settings will be deleted for the Windows 10 upgrade.
6. Once the upgrade is complete, you should receive a digital license for Windows 10, which can be found under Settings > Update & Security > Activation.

2 Likes

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Adiob200(m): 11:55pm On Oct 22, 2021
Just got this issue with my laptop. ...when it get 35%...it will shut down
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Lipso: 12:40am On Oct 23, 2021
How can I rectify this problem; I tried to play downloaded videos using vlc, the video played with sound for a short period about two minutes and went silent. I tried it over and over to see if I could get the sound back but not successful. The videos play but with no sound. I need help to regain the sound in the video. Please help.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by seankafor(m): 6:42am On Oct 23, 2021
Adiob200:
Just got this issue with my laptop. ...when it get 35%...it will shut down
battery
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 8:06am On Oct 23, 2021
Lipso:
How can I rectify this problem; I tried to play downloaded videos using vlc, the video played with sound for a short period about two minutes and went silent. I tried it over and over to see if I could get the sound back but not successful. The videos play but with no sound. I need help to regain the sound in the video. Please help.

Check vlc audio settings first.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Adekaka12345: 10:49am On Oct 25, 2021
albacete:

It's done.

bro, how did you activate your windows for free?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by avalon7(m): 10:45am On Oct 26, 2021
I'm really conflicted on which laptop to purchase: An Hp pavilion 15 (intel core i5 1035G1 12gb ram, 512SSD 1.0GHz base speed) or Hp Envy 13(intel core i5 1135G7 8gb ram 256SSD 2.5GHz) . The hp envy cost about 50k more than the pavilion. Is there a noticeable difference in performance between the two processes or should i save 50k and get the pavilion? �
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by femarse: 12:33pm On Oct 26, 2021
kindly assist me, my laptop has been misbehaving recently, sometimes it will charge, other times it will refuse to charge,

i later notice that it only refuse to charge when i exhaust the battery , so i usually use the laptop plugged in....recently no light , so i use the battery again, and for 2 days now, the laptop has refused to charge, the charging indicator only comes up for one minute then switched off....

i took it to an engineer who said its the power IC thats burn, but i dont trust the guy cos provided there is power on the laptop battery , it will work fine, only problem is charging the battery, plus the laptop will not work without battery since its not seeing the charger, sometimes, i will have to tilt the charger to an angle before it will start charging....but for 2 days now, it has refuse to charge, and the technician is saying its the power IC and not the charging port that the charging port is working....and the guy is billing me 15k to fix it

laptop is HP 15 , got it brand new, never do anytype of repair on it whatsoever since i bought it in 2014, everything on it is it follow come, until now that the charging is failing

is this ohk?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 1:53pm On Oct 26, 2021
femarse:
kindly assist me, my laptop has been misbehaving recently, sometimes it will charge, other times it will refuse to charge,

i later notice that it only refuse to charge when i exhaust the battery , so i usually use the laptop plugged in....recently no light , so i use the battery again, and for 2 days now, the laptop has refused to charge, the charging indicator only comes up for one minute then switched off....

i took it to an engineer who said its the power IC thats burn, but i dont trust the guy cos provided there is power on the laptop battery , it will work fine, only problem is charging the battery, plus the laptop will not work without battery since its not seeing the charger, sometimes, i will have to tilt the charger to an angle before it will start charging....but for 2 days now, it has refuse to charge, and the technician is saying its the power IC and not the charging port that the charging port is working....and the guy is billing me 15k to fix it

laptop is HP 15 , got it brand new, never do anytype of repair on it whatsoever since i bought it in 2014, everything on it is it follow come, until now that the charging is failing

is this ohk?

As long as the mobo is powering on, then nothing is wrong with your laptop power ic.

I don't understand the part you said the laptop will not work without battery,does it mean it doesn't power on with charger but only the battery.

When you connect the charger, do you notice the white notification light on the charger port? Is the charging port OK, no broken pieces around the hole?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 2:00pm On Oct 26, 2021
avalon7:
I'm really conflicted on which laptop to purchase: An Hp pavilion 15 (intel core i5 1035G1 12gb ram, 512SSD 1.0GHz base speed) or Hp Envy 13(intel core i5 1135G7 8gb ram 256SSD 2.5GHz) . The hp envy cost about 50k more than the pavilion. Is there a noticeable difference in performance between the two processes or should i save 50k and get the pavilion? �

Envy is premium range of HP, the 11th gen processor and speed is cool.

Both laptops are cool but I'll go for the envy
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by femarse: 5:00pm On Oct 26, 2021
udemzyudex:

As long as the mobo is powering on, then nothing is wrong with your laptop power ic.

I don't understand the part you said the laptop will not work without battery,does it mean it doesn't power on with charger but only the battery.

When you connect the charger, do you notice the white notification light on the charger port? Is the charging port OK, no broken pieces around the hole?

what i am saying is since there is dificulty in charging , the laptop will not work without battery, if the battery is empty charging is one hell of a problem, if the battery is full, then it easily charge, the charging indicator light comes up, not always thou, i have to tilt the charger somehow before the charging light comes up, yet this guy said the charging port is not the issue but power ic....but laptop comes up as long as i can get the charger to connect or if there is battery
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Ajibade123(m): 5:07pm On Oct 26, 2021
please guys is there anyway I can upgrade my 32 bits laptop to 64bits
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Lipso: 7:33pm On Oct 26, 2021
Thanks brother. The sound is now back. Everything is now perfect.
udemzyudex:

Check vlc audio settings first.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 7:57pm On Oct 26, 2021
femarse:

what i am saying is since there is dificulty in charging , the laptop will not work without battery, if the battery is empty charging is one hell of a problem, if the battery is full, then it easily charge, the charging indicator light comes up, not always thou, i have to tilt the charger somehow before the charging light comes up, yet this guy said the charging port is not the issue but power ic....but laptop comes up as long as i can get the charger to connect or if there is battery

OK, I'll advise you check the charging port first because if it is not making the right contact with your charger it won't power on or charge.

If the charging port is broken, I'll advise you stop using it till you fix it because there is 19v line and 1.2v ad_id line going to the sio.

If it bridge together, it will affect the motherboard, so I'll advise you stop twisting etc.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by richie10k: 10:32am On Oct 27, 2021
Adewale1603:
google search on how to calibrate laptop batteries
thanks a lot boss, this worked flawlessly
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by The5DME(m): 11:00am On Oct 27, 2021
udemzyudex:

OK, I'll advise you check the charging port first because if it is not making the right contact with your charger it won't power on or charge.

If the charging port is broken, I'll advise you stop using it till you fix it because there is 19v line and 1.2v ad_id line going to the sio.

If it bridge together, it will affect the motherboard, so I'll advise you stop twisting etc.
good morning bro.
Please, is it normal for a used HP elitebook 8440p battery to not last for up to an hour? Because the one I use at work, the battery drains so fast, that it can move from 100-70 in 10 minutes. What could be the problem? Although it's not a brand new Laptop though, but at least, the battery should be able to last for sometime. Will changing the battery or the charger solve the problem? Please, I need a reply.
Nb: it charges very fast also. It can to 100% under 30mins,but discharges very fast.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 11:17am On Oct 27, 2021
The5DME:
good morning bro.
Please, is it normal for a used HP elitebook 8440p battery to not last for up to an hour? Because the one I use at work, the battery drains so fast, that it can move from 100-70 in 10 minutes. What could be the problem? Although it's not a brand new Laptop though, but at least, the battery should be able to last for sometime. Will changing the battery or the charger solve the problem? Please, I need a reply.
Nb: it charges very fast also. It can to 100% under 30mins,but discharges very fast.
The battery is bad, even if you buy a replacement battery is should last you at least 1:30mins
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by The5DME(m): 11:22am On Oct 27, 2021
udemzyudex:

The battery is bad, even if you buy a replacement battery is should last you at least 1:30mins
How much will the battery cost?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 11:31am On Oct 27, 2021
The5DME:
How much will the battery cost?

Budget #6-7k
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adibo(m): 3:35pm On Oct 27, 2021
Good afternoon all. I used my system yesterday without any issue and then I tried using it today, it refuses to boot, it is showing "the boot configuration data for your pc is missing or contains errors", what can I do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by The5DME(m): 4:16pm On Oct 27, 2021
udemzyudex:

Budget #6-7k
My boss is willing to change the battery. But sorry to ask, but are you sure it's really battery problem, and not something else? And can you help us get the battery since you're a technician?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Yinksdavid(m): 4:26pm On Oct 27, 2021
adibo:
Good afternoon all. I used my system yesterday without any issue and then I tried using it today, it refuses to boot, it is showing "the boot configuration data for your pc is missing or contains errors", what can I do?

What Windows OS are you using. Below is the link to resolve the issue for windows 10

https://www.laptopmag.com/uk/articles/fix-0xc0000034-error-windows-10
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by uchenageme(m): 12:20am On Oct 28, 2021
I need someone to help me install software to my new laptop.

AutoCAD
3Dmax
Vray
Office
Corel draw
FIFA and
Need for speed.

I will pay for the service
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Fyngal1(f): 3:39am On Oct 28, 2021
Please is there anyone who repairs laptop in Benin here?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adibo(m): 5:51am On Oct 28, 2021
Yinksdavid:

What Windows OS are you using. Below is the link to resolve the issue for windows 10

https://www.laptopmag.com/uk/articles/fix-0xc0000034-error-windows-10
I am using Windows 10 and Windows 11
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 7:10am On Oct 28, 2021
uchenageme:
I need someone to help me install software to my new laptop.

AutoCAD
3Dmax
Vray
Office
Corel draw
FIFA and
Need for speed.

I will pay for the service

Hello, Kindly reach out here: hrazak50@gmail.com or dial the number below this post
by the way, what's the specification of the laptop?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 10:13am On Oct 28, 2021
Fyngal1:
Please is there anyone who repairs laptop in Benin here?

I can recommend you to a friend.
Engr Osai
+2348156719877
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Fyngal1(f): 10:23pm On Oct 28, 2021
udemzyudex:

I can recommend you to a friend.
Engr Osai
+2348156719877

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (1119) (1120) (1121) (1122) (1123) (1124) (1125) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.