Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,790 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:38 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (1136) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1269484 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1133) (1134) (1135) (1136) (1137) (1138) (1139) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nwaotu10(m): 7:27pm On Mar 02, 2022
Virus is destroying my system. I consistently format, and sometimes, lost important data I forgot to backup.
Who knows the best antivirus that could wholly get rid of viruses combating my system? Someone recommend Eset, but I can't afford it. $50 annually.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Alwizkidi(m): 11:16pm On Mar 02, 2022
Good evening everyone, I hope you enjoy your day
I am now in big soup now, and I wish I can find the solution here.
I tried to download Adobe InDesign on Google as a graphics designer, I have been craving to have the software on my pc, but I can't download the software and at the end, all my files are no longer open, they are all converted to VYIA FILE.

Plz how can I change my files to original file

Note: Before I posted this I have tried several ways but all is in vain
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lizzypro: 10:48pm On Mar 03, 2022
I need a replacement keyboard for Elite x2 1012 g1

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Jersuiyjoe(m): 4:51pm On Mar 04, 2022
Hello nairalander computer wizards.
I'm recently having a problem with my Lenovo laptop, Corei3. Windows 7.
I updated the VGA graphics driver of recently
Which I saw the effect.
Just today I installed blender and tried to run the software but it won't work instead it shows a message that said;
A GRAPHIC CARD AND DRIVER WITH SUPPORT FOR Open GL 3.3 OR HIGHER IS REQUIRED.
INSTALLING THE LATEST DRIVER FOR YOUR GRAPHICS CARD MAY RESOLVE THE ISSUE.
THE PROGRAM WILL NOW CLOSE.

Yes I know installing the lastest driver for my graphic card may solve the issue.
I updated the driver software online on driverindentifier. com with my IDs Number of the VGA graphic card but it's still not working.
I even tried to download another graphic driver software, but it keeps showing me the same message as before.

Please guys I really need your help here as I will be using my laptop to start some work on Monday.
Please help.
Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 8:25pm On Mar 04, 2022
Jersuiyjoe:
Which I saw the effect.
Just today I installed blender and tried to run the software but it won't work instead it shows a message that said;

Yes I know installing the lastest driver for my graphic card may solve the issue.
I updated the driver software online on driverindentifier. com with my IDs Number of the VGA graphic card but it's still not working.
I even tried to download another graphic driver software, but it keeps showing me the same message as before.

Please guys I really need your help here as I will be using my laptop to start some work on Monday.
Please help.
Thanks

Update from Lenovo
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Jersuiyjoe(m): 10:32pm On Mar 04, 2022
udemzyudex:

Update from Lenovo

Please, what do you mean?
Please explain it to me?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Adewale1603(m): 12:50am On Mar 05, 2022
Jersuiyjoe:
Which I saw the effect.

Please help.
Thanks
download the driver from Lenovo support website, let it scan or identify the correct driver for it, not from third-party sites. and are you sure if your graphics card really support open GL 3.3 and high up, your graphics level might be open GL 2.2 IF doesn't, you cant run that specific software or program

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ePrive(m): 12:54am On Mar 05, 2022
Nwaotu10:
Virus is destroying my system. I consistently format, and sometimes, lost important data I forgot to backup.
Who knows the best antivirus that could wholly get rid of viruses combating my system? Someone recommend Eset, but I can't afford it. $50 annually.

What version of Windows are you on?
Update your proprietary Windows antivirus. It's probably the best antivirus on the market.
Also update your PC to the latest version it can carry.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 1:07am On Mar 05, 2022
Jersuiyjoe:

Please, what do you mean?
Please explain it to me?

I mean update it from Lenovo website.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Kjlionz: 1:26am On Mar 05, 2022
Greetings guys, please I have an issue with my alienware 15r2 pc, I left it open and charging on my desk, only to return after some minutes to see it like this, could it be a screen issue or flex cable?
NB: The pc never fell down neither was it hit.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 8:54am On Mar 05, 2022
Kjlionz:
Greetings guys, please I have an issue with my alienware 15r2 pc, I left it open and charging on my desk, only to return after some minutes to see it like this, could it be a screen issue or flex cable?
NB: The pc never fell down neither was it hit.

Have you change the screen before?

Did you recently update the driver?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Kjlionz: 9:01am On Mar 05, 2022
udemzyudex:

Have you change the screen before?

Did you recently update the driver?

I've not changed the screen before, also, when I plug to an external screen via hdmi, it displays fine on the external screen.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 9:43am On Mar 05, 2022
Kjlionz:

I've not changed the screen before, also, when I plug to an external screen via hdmi, it displays fine on the external screen.

Of course it will display fine, fault is definitely from the screen.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Kjlionz: 11:33am On Mar 05, 2022
udemzyudex:

Of course it will display fine, fault is definitely from the screen.

Okay, someone suggested the problem could be the flex, was wondering if I'd need to change the Lcd screen, or the problem is from the flex cable.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Adewale1603(m): 12:48pm On Mar 05, 2022
Kjlionz:

the flex or the screen is the issue here. that is system for you. systems can develop fault at anytime, without it falling down or any physical damages.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by stingermania(m): 10:13pm On Mar 05, 2022
I have this Lenovo G50-30 laptop that's been sitting in my home office for a while.

It stopped working after a small lightning enter my power outlet. So I gave it to a local engineer to check for me, and he stole the RAM and Hard-Drive. Not sure the laptop is going to work again, because of the lightning.

I don't know if I can sell it like that. Maybe the 15.6 inch screen and other vital organs of the PC.

Can someone advice me, please?

Thanks!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Jersuiyjoe(m): 11:11pm On Mar 05, 2022
Adewale1603:
download the driver from Lenovo support website, let it scan or identify the correct driver for it, not from third-party sites. and are you sure if your graphics card really support open GL 3.3 and high up, your graphics level might be open GL 2.2 IF doesn't, you cant run that specific software or program

Ok ... Thanks for this tip
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 9:25am On Mar 06, 2022
stingermania:
I have this Lenovo G50-30 laptop that's been sitting in my home office for a while.

It stopped working after a small lightning enter my power outlet. So I gave it to a local engineer to check for me, and he stole the RAM and Hard-Drive. Not sure the laptop is going to work again, because of the lightning.

I don't know if I can sell it like that. Maybe the 15.6 inch screen and other vital organs of the PC.

Can someone advice me, please?

Thanks!

Lol..how are you sure he didn't steal the screen and replace it with another one since you can't confirm if it is working or not with a dead board?

For him to steal the HDD and RAM,I'm 70% he must have replaced the screen.

As it is, even if the screen is working, that's the only value there,if you consider the casing,well it takes weeks or even months before you can sell carcass that's why most buyers don't even value it, it's just an added benefit to the buyer.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by stingermania(m): 6:58pm On Mar 06, 2022
udemzyudex:

Lol..how are you sure he didn't steal the screen and replace it with another one since you can't confirm if it is working or not with a dead board?

For him to steal the HDD and RAM,I'm 70% he must have replaced the screen.

As it is, even if the screen is working, that's the only value there,if you consider the casing,well it takes weeks or even months before you can sell carcass that's why most buyers don't even value it, it's just an added benefit to the buyer.

The thing shocked me too. Some people are just wild.

Unbeknownst to him, I took pictures of the Laptop, RAMs & HDD the day I gave it to him.
I sent them to a friend, hoping the ram caused the issue until he told me lightning & electronics don't role.

This guy actually replaced the RAM & HDD with dead ones, that's how I found out.

Good thing I have the smaller version of the laptop (Lenovo G40-70) they use the same battery and charger.

I'm sure the screen still works. It's the same one; I can easily identify it.

I guess that's the only thing sellable there.

Thanks, I appreciate your feedback.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by clydecarson(m): 9:28am On Mar 07, 2022
Goodmorning y’all,my hp laptop trips off when I disconnect the charger even with the battery being stucked at 83..please what do you think is the problem and the solution??thanks

I feel it’s the fan I may be wrong
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Adewale1603(m): 2:30pm On Mar 07, 2022
clydecarson:
Goodmorning y’all,my hp laptop trips off when I disconnect the charger even with the battery being stucked at 83..please what do you think is the problem and the solution??thanks

I feel it’s the fan I may be wrong
is the battery good
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by clydecarson(m): 2:46pm On Mar 07, 2022
Adewale1603:
is the battery good

Not really sure if it is,hoping there’s a reliable computer engineer on this platform that could look into this isssue
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Adewale1603(m): 2:55pm On Mar 07, 2022
clydecarson:

Not really sure if it is,hoping there’s a reliable computer engineer on this platform that could look into this isssue
the battery is bad. you have to replace it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ojun50(m): 11:36pm On Mar 07, 2022
Helpy laptop is not dis playing
On only showing the screen but the items are not displaying. Help please

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ojun50(m): 9:45am On Mar 08, 2022
Help me out
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 2pep(m): 6:59pm On Mar 09, 2022
Please my HSPA Modem isn't recognised on my hp620 pc. I've tried all I could yet no positive outcome, any help would be much appreciated. Also code 43 was returned when I tried troubleshoot, what does it mean?. One more thing, what is lexmark X422?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Adewale1603(m): 9:42pm On Mar 09, 2022
2pep:
Please my HSPA Modem isn't recognised on my hp620 pc. I've tried all I could yet no positive outcome, any help would be much appreciated. Also code 43 was returned when I tried troubleshoot, what does it mean?. One more thing, what is lexmark X422?
lexmark x422 is a webcam driver in pc. Are you sure that hsdpa usb modem is not faulty, is the modem driver installed in your hp ? have you tested the modem on another laptop to confirm, if the issue is with ur laptop or the modem itself
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ebenezer880(m): 11:34pm On Mar 09, 2022
I need Lenovo e10-30 sceeen
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 2pep(m): 12:48am On Mar 10, 2022
Adewale1603:
lexmark x422 is a webcam driver in pc. Are you sure that hsdpa usb modem is not faulty, is the modem driver installed in your hp ? have you tested the modem on another laptop to confirm, if the issue is with ur laptop or the modem itself

Well I don't know about the modem being faulty but I know that the driver is installed.
I will test it with different system to confirm whether it's faulty or not.
I appreciate your response though.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by UbahTheBuilder(m): 7:00am On Mar 10, 2022
Hi everyone,

I am looking for a good USB microphone that will be quality enough to record YouTube videos with.

I want quality audio sound.

Any suggestions?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1133) (1134) (1135) (1136) (1137) (1138) (1139) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.