Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,929 members, 7,835,104 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:23 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (1134) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1276915 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1131) (1132) (1133) (1134) (1135) (1136) (1137) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Remified(m): 9:43pm On Feb 04, 2022
I urgently need the palm rest/casing of the Asus x540y.
It should look similar to the image below. It's really urgent

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by EverestMajur: 12:12pm On Feb 05, 2022
Hi guys, I uninstalled a theme and went back to the Windows 10 background picture that originally came with the Windows 10 and ever since then, the start menu comes on and disappears, if I booth the system the start menu will come on and immediately the system is fully on, the start menu disappears again, I had to go to the task manager and click on Windows explorer to restart and the start menu appears again and disappears after some seconds but if I keep clicking repeatedly once it appears, it tend to stay but if i shut down the system, I have to start all over again to bring it out following the method I mentioned above. what should I do and how can I get it back there the way it was before, someone told me to install a new Windows that it has been corrupted by the theme I used and uninstalled but i cannot afford to lose my documents, files and softwares and start afresh. please is there any way out to bring back the start menu to original position without me going through the task manager in which it still disappears after some seconds (Modify) (Quote ) (Report ) (Share)
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by petertega9(m): 4:36pm On Feb 06, 2022
what is the cause of boot sector not found, install an operating system to your hard disk.
and my system cannot boot to Windows.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Voyear: 7:15pm On Feb 06, 2022
Please help, my laptop charges and disconnect itself.. I can't remember when last it got fully charged cry
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by thinksquad(m): 8:38pm On Feb 06, 2022
My laptops ethernet and Wi-Fi connection is not working, please help me I can't go on the Internet with my laptop
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Efeticollins(m): 8:51pm On Feb 06, 2022
Voyear:
Please help, my laptop charges and disconnect itself.. I can't remember when last it got fully charged cry
Your charger might be faulty
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Efeticollins(m): 8:53pm On Feb 06, 2022
thinksquad:
My laptops ethernet and Wi-Fi connection is not working, please help me I can't go on the Internet with my laptop
What happens when you try to connect to the internet
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by thinksquad(m): 11:26pm On Feb 06, 2022
Efeticollins:

What happens when you try to connect to the internet
it says no Internet but it's connected to the Internet
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Adewale1603(m): 11:27am On Feb 07, 2022
thinksquad:
it says no Internet but it's connected to the Internet
either there is no good network reception in that area. or the windows version you installed.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by MizterAccurate(m): 2:04pm On Feb 07, 2022
Hello bosses,please around how much should I budget to replace motherboard for dell E6410.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Efeticollins(m): 6:22pm On Feb 07, 2022
MizterAccurate:
Hello bosses,please around how much should I budget to replace motherboard for dell E6410.
25 to 30k
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mcseun1(m): 7:45pm On Feb 07, 2022
A couple of weeks ago I turned on my friend's system, not knowing moisture has gotten into it.. It came beeped a couple of times so I took out the battery and tried turning it on.... It didn't come on. A supposed engineer is telling me that I need to change the motherboard. How much will it cost to replace motherboard if need be. The system is a Dell inspiron n5040.. Kindly assist with useful information
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 9:40pm On Feb 07, 2022
mcseun1:
A couple of weeks ago I turned on my friend's system, not knowing moisture has gotten into it.. It came beeped a couple of times so I took out the battery and tried turning it on.... It didn't come on. A supposed engineer is telling me that I need to change the motherboard. How much will it cost to replace motherboard if need be. The system is a Dell inspiron n5040.. Kindly assist with useful information
I'd like to know that number of beep sounds you're getting.

Mobo should be around#25-30k
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by MizterAccurate(m): 6:46pm On Feb 08, 2022
Efeticollins:

25 to 30k

Thanks senior man. One more question bros;before the laptop went dead and i was advised to change the board,it had charging issues(it charges only once in a while) will the problem go away with changing the board?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Efeticollins(m): 7:43pm On Feb 08, 2022
MizterAccurate:

Thanks senior man. One more question bros;before the laptop went dead and i was advised to change the board,it had charging issues(it charges only once in a while) will the problem go away with changing the board?
It will charge perfectly. All charging circuit is on the motherboard .
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by emaminaj(m): 10:26am On Feb 09, 2022
How much to fix this MacBook pro keyboard
MacBook pro 13inch
Model No: A1706

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 12:10pm On Feb 09, 2022
[quote author=emaminaj post=110084015]How much to fix this MacBook pro keyboard
MacBook pro 13inch
Model No: A1706

Available bro
Call or what's app me on 09014566031
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Adewale1603(m): 3:43pm On Feb 09, 2022
Efeticollins:

It will charge perfectly. All charging circuit is on the motherboard .
some charging circuits are attached cable with connector, same as some usb ports, not all are on the motherboard directly
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Efeticollins(m): 10:15pm On Feb 09, 2022
Adewale1603:
some charging circuits are attached cable with connector, same as some usb ports, not all are on the motherboard directly
Kindly name one system (brand and model) that has it charging circuit outside the motherboard
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 10:51pm On Feb 09, 2022
Both of you are right,I believe adewale was talking about charging port.

The charging section is one of the most complicated section on the laptop motherboard.

You can get charging related issue from the charging port, VIN section, charging circuit, sio and battery.

On hp motherboards there is AD_ID (adapter identification) this voltage comes from the charging port to the sio chip,if this line is faulty,you might get fault of no power or laptop charge when it off but doesn't charge when it is on.

For Dell you have the ps_id , this volt comes the SIO chip to the charging port,now if the charging port is faulty,it won't communicate well with the charger.
If the port is faulty or the ps_id line is faulty you will get fault like adapter type UNKNOWN on the Dell BIOS setup instead of the stating if it is 45w, 65w etc, of course you will get plugin charging on desktop,this is charging issue too.

If there is MOSFET leakage in the VIN section it can also result to charging issue, if battery is bad it will definitely cause charging issue,if smclk,smdata and temperature line is faulty, you can get battery not detected fault, plugin not charging, battery icon not showing etc , sometimes rewriting the BIOS chip can solve charging issue especially if the duty circle is not normal, sometimes replacing the SIO chip .

Charging circuit starts from charging port or battery connector depending on where you're getting your input voltage and in some motherboard, they are detachable.

Now if your charging port is detachable and it is bad, there by giving you charging issue,if you connect it to another same board,you will get the same issue.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Efeticollins(m): 1:08am On Feb 10, 2022
udemzyudex:
Both of you are right,I believe adewale was talking about charging port.

The charging section is one of the most complicated section on the laptop motherboard.

You can get charging related issue from the charging port, VIN section, charging circuit, sio and battery.

On hp motherboards there is AD_ID (adapter identification) this voltage comes from the charging port to the sio chip,if this line is faulty,you might get fault of no power or laptop charge when it off but doesn't charge when it is on.

For Dell you have the ps_id , this volt comes the SIO chip to the charging port,now if the charging port is faulty,it won't communicate well with the charger.
If the port is faulty or the ps_id line is faulty you will get fault like adapter type UNKNOWN on the Dell BIOS setup instead of the stating if it is 45w, 65w etc, of course you will get plugin charging on desktop,this is charging issue too.

If there is MOSFET leakage in the VIN section it can also result to charging issue, if battery is bad it will definitely cause charging issue,if smclk,smdata and temperature line is faulty, you can get battery not detected fault, plugin not charging, battery icon not showing etc , sometimes rewriting the BIOS chip can solve charging issue especially if the duty circle is not normal, sometimes replacing the SIO chip .

Charging circuit starts from charging port or battery connector depending on where you're getting your input voltage and in some motherboard, they are detachable.

Now if your charging port is detachable and it is bad, there by giving you charging issue,if you connect it to another same board,you will get the same issue.
You have said well brother. We can even extend charging to the charger it self. May be he meant charging port sha. Because there is no way u will ever find the chips that makes up a laptop charging circuit on a sub board. They are always on the main motherboard. When i say charging chips, i mean the first two MOSFETs, the third MOSFET for battery, the ic that switches the MOSFETs, the super IO ic etc. You will never find them on a sub board.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 5:10am On Feb 10, 2022
Efeticollins:

You have said well brother. We can even extend charging to the charger it self. May be he meant charging port sha. Because there is no way u will ever find the chips that makes up a laptop charging circuit on a sub board. They are always on the main motherboard. When i say charging chips, i mean the first two MOSFETs, the third MOSFET for battery, the ic that switches the MOSFETs, the super IO ic etc. You will never find them on a sub board.

Exactly
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by leetech93: 7:43am On Feb 10, 2022
Please brothers and sisters in the house... I have one HP elite book 6930p laptop that has the following problems.
I want to upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7, but the DVD plate is bad
Some parts is the keyboard aren't working, and I wish to get a small external keyboard
I also need to get a battery for the system

Please I need ideas on how I can upgrade to windows 10 with flash drive, and how much can I get a small external keyboard.. I want to know the price because I have little cash.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Efeticollins(m): 8:37am On Feb 10, 2022
leetech93:
Please brothers and sisters in the house... I have one HP elite book 6930p laptop that has the following problems.
Some parts is the keyboard aren't working, and I wish to get a small external keyboard

Please I need ideas on how I can upgrade to windows 10 with flash drive, and how much can I get a small external keyboard.. I want to know the price because I have little cash.
Like 13k
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 10:00am On Feb 10, 2022
leetech93:

Hey bro I got you covered

Call or WhatsApp me on 09014566031 to get your problems solved
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by leetech93: 6:59am On Feb 11, 2022
Please I need directions on how to update my HP elite book 6930p from windows 7 to windows 10 using flash drive... Urgent replies please
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 9:52am On Feb 11, 2022
leetech93:
Please I need directions on how to update my HP elite book 6930p from windows 7 to windows 10 using flash drive... Urgent replies please

First you need a bootable USB flash with windows 10 in it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Adewale1603(m): 5:55pm On Feb 11, 2022
leetech93:

you are better off with the windows 7 for that system, or go for 8 for best experience. windows 10 is a no no. get those portable wired external keyboard #1,200 and the battery, should not be more than #6,000 to 7, 000
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wisest10: 2:02pm On Feb 12, 2022
please how much to replace motherboard of hp pavilion f010wm motherboard
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by VicThory(m): 9:10pm On Feb 12, 2022
Greetings. How good is a Intel (R) core (tm) I 5-5300u CPU @ 2. 30Hz laptop. Is it good for gaming and programming
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Adewale1603(m): 9:47pm On Feb 12, 2022
VicThory:
Greetings. How good is a Intel (R) core (tm) I 5-5300u CPU @ 2. 30Hz laptop. Is it good for gaming and programming
its for programming. not good for gaming, the processor is under clocked one, its a ultra low voltage processor suited for smaller notebooks laptops to save power instead of performance, see that 'u' at the end of the processor number core i5-5300u.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 5:34pm On Feb 17, 2022
Having problem with some stupid hackers ... I stop using phones because of them, because I would just wake up one morning and realize my sim isn't working on it's own , forget the noise of the metal plate been scratch , it aren't true... so now I decided to improve the security on my system only to notice my Dongle that i am managing as a phone is telling me the sim is invalid, I check the security an noticed one yeye driver seated somewhere filtering only God knows what and it refuse to delete despite uninstalling the Huawei app that comes with it. So I need to know how to delete the drivers and how to stop third parties from accessing my sim remotely , I know the bolded is beyond the scope of this forum but who knows. Anyway if you are receiving calls from my number regularly, it is definitely not me, because I only call once in a blue moon. Anyway I available on Skype for a video call only, if this yeye people would let me have peace.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1131) (1132) (1133) (1134) (1135) (1136) (1137) ... (1223) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.