Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,730 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:11 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (1135) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1268392 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1132) (1133) (1134) (1135) (1136) (1137) (1138) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kinggSamuel(m): 12:24pm On Feb 18, 2022
My Dell laptop power pack suddenly stopped working. pls can it be repaired. its urgent thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 1:08pm On Feb 18, 2022
kinggSamuel:
My Dell laptop power pack suddenly stopped working. pls can it be repaired. its urgent thanks.

Get another one.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by TroubleDude: 9:15pm On Feb 19, 2022
thinksquad:
it says no Internet but it's connected to the Internet
Have you been able to fix this?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by thinksquad(m): 7:02am On Feb 20, 2022
TroubleDude:

Have you been able to fix this?
yes, my manual proxy setup was turned on with a wrong address and port number
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Faithti(m): 3:31pm On Feb 20, 2022
Happy Sunday guys.
Wanted to ask a question.
So am planning on buying a PlayStation two but due to my little siblings always controlling the TV(I don't watch my own programs for more than 15mins a day unless I want ww3) I was thinking of buying one of this low cost lcd monitors. The range of 6 to 15k and I was wondering,if I could use the monitor as a TV for playing videogames? Is it going to be complicated or it's just going to be a plug in the av wires and play......your advice are greatly appreciated.thanks once again.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 5:27pm On Feb 20, 2022
Faithti:
Happy Sunday guys.
Wanted to ask a question.
So am planning on buying a PlayStation two but due to my little siblings always controlling the TV(I don't watch my own programs for more than 15mins a day unless I want ww3) I was thinking of buying one of this low cost lcd monitors. The range of 6 to 15k and I was wondering,if I could use the monitor as a TV for playing videogames? Is it going to be complicated or it's just going to be a plug in the av wires and play......your advice are greatly appreciated.thanks once again.

You should get a 21inch LED monitor for that range

As long as your monitor and your playstation have HDMI port,it should work.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Quim2: 6:32am On Feb 21, 2022
Hi

Please i have a very strange problem.

Someone convinced me to buy a fairly used laptop, one of a batch from London, none tested. I'm now convinced this was a mistake because although this laptop is seemingly working perfectly there are issues

The biggest two are

1. The power indictor light comes on sometimes when the Charger is plugged but of recent it does not.
2. The PC, a Dell gaming laptop, freezes right on start up

The second issue is the most troubling because you'll have press the power button to turn it off and on over and over again before it picks up. I am so afraid that this oculd lead to a worse problem. Even corrupted operating system.

When i say Frezze I mean when you turn a Dell Laptop on it first show the big Dell logo.. mine freezes there most time. You will have to press the power button to turn it off and on again and hope it picks up. After that it seems ok

I have tried installing different OS on it... windows 10, 8 and 8.1.... same thing.
I'm currently on 8.1

Please what is the problem here and can it be fixed?
So far, i have not got a good answer and i have askedaround and even had it checked twice
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Angel196(f): 8:56am On Feb 21, 2022
Hello, my sister's laptop was attacked by a ransomware yesterday and all her files can't be accessed, is there a way to recover her important documents?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Adewale1603(m): 10:18am On Feb 21, 2022
Quim2:
Hi

Someone convinced me to buy a fairly used laptop, one of a batch from London, none tested. I'm now convinced this was a mistake because although this laptop is seemingly working perfectly there are issues

The biggest two are

1. The power indictor light comes on sometimes when the Charger is plugged but of recent it does not.

The second issue is the most troubling because you'll have press the power button to turn it off and on over and over again before it picks up. I am so afraid that this oculd lead to a worse problem. Even corrupted operating system.

When i say Frezze I mean when you turn a Dell Laptop on it first show the big Dell logo.. mine freezes there most time. You will have to press the power button to turn it off and on again and hope it picks up. After that it seems ok

I have tried installing different OS on it... windows 10, 8 and 8.1.... same thing.
I'm currently on 8.1

So far, i have not got a good answer and i have askedaround and even had it checked twice
is it uk used or second hand fairly used. there is a hardware issue on that system or it needs general servicing.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Files: 1:25pm On Feb 21, 2022
Angel196:
Hello, my sister's laptop was attacked by a ransomware yesterday and all her files can't be accessed, is there a way to recover her important documents?

She should worship me
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lovediehatelive(m): 2:44pm On Feb 24, 2022
Please my laptop won't show login page.
it comes on normally but stuck on the wallpaper page.
i tried safe mode, but it blinks and laptop shuts down automatically.
what shnuld i do please
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 3:53pm On Feb 24, 2022
wisest10:
please how much to replace motherboard of hp pavilion f010wm motherboard

85k sir
Call or what'sapp me to gave one
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ibnilyas(m): 9:16am On Feb 28, 2022
Please what is the name of this company/laptop?
And how can I download the sound driver?
Thanks sir.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 11:12am On Feb 28, 2022
ibnilyas:
Please what is the name of this company/laptop?
And how can I download the sound driver?
Thanks sir.

Check the back or enter the bios setup,get the model number and search for it online.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by danteenoni: 11:23am On Feb 28, 2022
Quim2:
Hi

The biggest two are

I'm currently on 8.1

The system has Bios problem.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Quim2: 11:37am On Feb 28, 2022
danteenoni:

The system has Bios problem.

Bro, are you sure because i one guy i took it to said he flashed the Bios file and it still did not work
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by oloyedprince1(m): 6:10pm On Feb 28, 2022
Since the time I update my system windows, I have been having issue of my system windows menu in searching the app not working, I can’t use Bluetooth, I can’t open my settings and also use some app, I don’t know if the windows I used that was not good, please advise me
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 7:04pm On Feb 28, 2022
oloyedprince1:
Since the time I update my system windows, I have been having issue of my system windows menu in searching the app not working, I can’t use Bluetooth, I can’t open my settings and also use some app, I don’t know if the windows I used that was not good, please advise me

Reinstall the operating system.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by oloyedprince1(m): 7:11pm On Feb 28, 2022
udemzyudex:

Reinstall the operating system.
I tried reinstalling the OS, it is giving me an error code, that something is missing on my system
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 7:15pm On Feb 28, 2022
oloyedprince1:

I tried reinstalling the OS, it is giving me an error code, that something is missing on my system

Are you using CD or bootable flash?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by oloyedprince1(m): 7:31pm On Feb 28, 2022
udemzyudex:

Are you using CD or bootable flash?
Am using CD
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 9:07pm On Feb 28, 2022
oloyedprince1:

Am using CD

Get another CD
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by oloyedprince1(m): 9:09pm On Feb 28, 2022
udemzyudex:

Get another CD
I have gotten another CD same issue
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 9:15pm On Feb 28, 2022
oloyedprince1:

I have gotten another CD same issue

Same type of CD from the same vendor?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by oloyedprince1(m): 9:29pm On Feb 28, 2022
No different type from different vendor
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Morris101686(m): 11:19pm On Feb 28, 2022
Hello fam, some days ago have been using my digital persona thumbprinting machine for capturing, I got some update from my driver after updating the said driver my digital persona Biometric stopped working. All effort try to reinstall proved abortive.

Here is the response I keep getting each time "Installation cannot continue due to the following problems. Hp simplepass identity cannot be installed on this computer.
udemzyudex:

Same type of CD from the same vendor?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 2:50am On Mar 01, 2022
Morris101686:
Hello fam, some days ago have been using my digital persona thumbprinting machine for capturing, I got some update from my driver after updating the said driver my digital persona Biometric stopped working. All effort try to reinstall proved abortive.

Here is the response I keep getting each time "Installation cannot continue due to the following problems. Hp simplepass identity cannot be installed on this computer.

Go to device manager, uninstall the new one and download from online again or search for it online download and install manually.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 2:51am On Mar 01, 2022
oloyedprince1:
No different type from different vendor

Probably you're not doing it correctly.

Do you want to backup your files?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Morris101686(m): 3:07pm On Mar 01, 2022
Thank you comrade I'll do ask you directed.
udemzyudex:

Go to device manager, uninstall the new one and download from online again or search for it online download and install manually.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by oloyedprince1(m): 5:27pm On Mar 01, 2022
udemzyudex:

Probably you're not doing it correctly.

Do you want to backup your files?
was not trying to backup

(1) (2) (3) ... (1132) (1133) (1134) (1135) (1136) (1137) (1138) ... (1222) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.