Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,976 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:15 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (1176) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1269627 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1173) (1174) (1175) (1176) (1177) (1178) (1179) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Temmylee01(m): 9:04pm On Nov 11, 2022
udemzyudex:

Just make sure you copy out the important files and backup somewhere.

I just found out the health of my hard disk is 15% I am speechless like this.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by jidejado(m): 7:42am On Nov 12, 2022
Temmylee01:

How did you find out...make I go check my hard disk health too??
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Temmylee01(m): 12:25pm On Nov 12, 2022
jidejado:

How did you find out...make I go check my hard disk health too??
I install hdsk sentinel
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by leonard002(m): 7:06pm On Nov 12, 2022
Good evening guys. I just bought a used laptop and noticed that the display still shows a dim light after shutting down.

It originates from the bottom right hand corner of the display as shown below

Once I remove the battery, the screen goes completely dark as it should.

If I put back the battery, the light comes again even without putting the system on.

Apart from this, everything works fine except the caps lock light that doesn't work.

Pls is this a fault?

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Kaysalas(m): 7:45pm On Nov 12, 2022
Hello guys, so I had someone on here help me fix my Acer aspire 5332 keyboard issue. It's barely two months and the keyboard has started malfunctioning again. Please help?
Where the money to dey throway like dis for this era wey we dey?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 8:40pm On Nov 12, 2022
leonard002:
Good evening guys. I just bought a used laptop and noticed that the display still shows a dim light after shutting down.

If I put back the battery, the light comes again even without putting the system on.

Apart from this, everything works fine except the caps lock light that doesn't work.

Pls is this a fault?

Yes,since you just got it,I'll advise you tell the seller.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 8:44pm On Nov 12, 2022
Kaysalas:
Hello guys, so I had someone on here help me fix my Acer aspire 5332 keyboard issue. It's barely two months and the keyboard has started malfunctioning again. Please help?

Chai.. Omo nothing pass follow come ( from manufacturer) especially when it comes to keyboard.

You will only get replacement ( China) ,just make sure you always cover it from dust or liquid.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Kaysalas(m): 11:44pm On Nov 12, 2022
udemzyudex:

Chai.. Omo nothing pass follow come ( from manufacturer) especially when it comes to keyboard.

You will only get replacement ( China) ,just make sure you always cover it from dust or liquid.
Can you help me ask around for follow come?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by smartluvu(m): 8:04pm On Nov 13, 2022
Hi guys
Good evening to everyone… Pls take a look at the attached picture, could it be a flex problem or have to change the screen ?

Screen isn’t broken though
Hp 15-d000sia

1 Share

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Yomzyboy(m): 9:26pm On Nov 13, 2022
thanks alot ,it worked .
udemzyudex:

Go to battery icon, right click on it and select power option.

Check the what power button should do option and see if there's anything you can change there.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Og2drake: 9:49pm On Nov 13, 2022
smartluvu:
Hi guys
Good evening to everyone… Pls take a look at the attached picture, could it be a flex problem or have to change the screen ?

Hp 15-d000sia
It the screen
Hit me up if you are in Lagos
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ebab(m): 9:55pm On Nov 13, 2022
You need a screen replacement. if you are in lagos, i can fix it for you

smartluvu:
Hi guys

Hp 15-d000sia
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LienwaltAbel(m): 9:56pm On Nov 13, 2022
Abeg how much is a used Samsung s3511 screen. It's an 11 year old year.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ebab(m): 10:11pm On Nov 13, 2022
i have one and i can get it fixed for you if you are in Lagos

LienwaltAbel:
Abeg how much is a used Samsung s3511 screen. It's an 11 year old year.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LienwaltAbel(m): 10:15pm On Nov 13, 2022
ebab:
i have one and i can get it fixed for you if you are in Lagos

I am not in Lagos, but please how much do you charge for it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ebab(m): 10:19pm On Nov 13, 2022
i will give you for 20k

LienwaltAbel:

I am not in Lagos, but please how much do you charge for it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by EMIOMOADEOYE: 1:59pm On Nov 16, 2022
leonard002:

Pls is this a fault?

The last time I saw this sort of thing was after we worked on a motherboard. The laptop was too old to find a motherboard and just for the fun of it we performed a surgical procedure on the motherboard.

Although we revived the motherboard, we had to live with all sorts of anomalies including something similar to what you've just highlighted. In the end I turned it to a Linux box for my ethical hacking stuff. The old banger is still chugging along surprisingly

What happens is this

Those boards are very sensitive. If you mess around with the wrong tools without knowing what you're doing you could short-circuit small components on the board.

What I will guess is that there is an open loop somewhere on the board that's making the screen backlight malfunction.

Take it back to the seller and see what it says. Though I doubt there is anything he will do.

Problems of buying used laptops

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Emma2Seconds: 9:09am On Nov 17, 2022
kiss
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Jamescyray(m): 8:40am On Nov 18, 2022
My Dell XPS 13 microphone is not working. When I use earphone it worked, but without earphones it doesn't work. What can I do? Can it be driver issue?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by MEGASTAN76(m): 11:14am On Nov 18, 2022
Temmylee01:
What process did you use before you found out about it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by MEGASTAN76(m): 11:16am On Nov 18, 2022
EMIOMOADEOYE:

The last time I saw this sort of thing was after we worked on a motherboard. The laptop was too old to find a motherboard and just for the fun of it we performed a surgical procedure on the motherboard.

Although we revived the motherboard, we had to live with all sorts of anomalies including something similar to what you've just highlighted. In the end I turned it to a Linux box for my ethical hacking stuff. The old banger is still chugging along surprisingly

What happens is this

Those boards are very sensitive. If you mess around with the wrong tools without knowing what you're doing you could short-circuit small components on the board.

What I will guess is that there is an open loop somewhere on the board that's making the screen backlight malfunction.

Take it back to the seller and see what it says. Though I doubt there is anything he will do.

Problems of buying used laptops
Chat me up on 09132669202 lets help you sort it out.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by MEGASTAN76(m): 11:31am On Nov 18, 2022
Kaysalas:
Chat/call me up on 09132669202 lets fix it up
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by MEGASTAN76(m): 11:45am On Nov 18, 2022
taylormed2:
please, what is the price of hp 640 g1 backlit keyboard, and fhd screen if available. waybill price also, my location is uyo.
dm let me give hp G1 whole sale price and affordable waybill price. 09132669202.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by MEGASTAN76(m): 11:55am On Nov 18, 2022
frankobobby:
Please, can i know the price of lenovo ideapad 110-151BR screen, and is way bill possible?
19500 dm or call 09132669202
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by MEGASTAN76(m): 11:58am On Nov 18, 2022
seborrhic:
Please I can't access my laptop.
I set a password and seem to have forgotten it because telling me that the password I am almost sure I used is incorrect.
I am not a fan of password setting for PC but just wanted to give this a try and now found myself in this.
Samsung laptop, windows 8.
Please anyone with a solution?I need to access the system
you need to format it.or take it to a known professional around you or dm 09132669202.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Yomzyboy(m): 9:48am On Nov 19, 2022
I use an elitebook , at times when turning on my system, takes long to come on
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 11:01am On Nov 19, 2022
Yomzyboy:
I use an elitebook , at times when turning on my system, takes long to come on

I can fix it for you if your in lag.

Does it take up to 2mins before coming up?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nosaghae(m): 1:05pm On Nov 19, 2022
Pls help my Dell 6520 does not go beyond this point

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 1:51pm On Nov 19, 2022
Nosaghae:
Pls help my Dell 6520 does not go beyond this point

Reinstall the operating system,if problem persist, replace the HDD.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by smartluvu(m): 5:52pm On Nov 19, 2022
ebab:
You need a screen replacement. if you are in lagos, i can fix it for you

How much ? Drop digits
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Yomzyboy(m): 8:20pm On Nov 19, 2022
udemzyudex:

I can fix it for you if your in lag.

Does it take up to 2mins before coming up?

Omorr . I left lag for Kano, won’t be around till next year. Is it something simple i can do on my own ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1173) (1174) (1175) (1176) (1177) (1178) (1179) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.