Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,555 members, 7,819,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:05 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (1187) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1270549 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1184) (1185) (1186) (1187) (1188) (1189) (1190) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 9:05am On Mar 07, 2023
Craggybogg:

Must the Bootable USB have a Win7 installation setup?
Of course.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Craggybogg: 9:09am On Mar 07, 2023
LordReed:

Of course.

Na where problem dey be that oh!

Is there a link I can download from or a google drive link?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 11:48am On Mar 07, 2023
Craggybogg:

Na where problem dey be that oh!

Is there a link I can download from or a google drive link?

I almost exclusively use torrents:

https://1337x.to/torrent/337876/Windows-7-Ultimate-with-SP1-X64-Genuine-ISO-Untouched-Windows7-USB-DVD-Tool/
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by graphicicon(m): 2:07pm On Mar 08, 2023
LordReed:

Are you trying to install the app on the pos itself?
yes
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 2:20pm On Mar 08, 2023
graphicicon:
yes

I thought you install the app on your phone?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ofor1: 8:14pm On Mar 10, 2023
My Toshiba satellite c850 laptop trips off often when it's not connected to power source. I was told it's battery fault, I have changed the battery and the problem still persists. I await your response. Thank you.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ebab(m): 10:11pm On Mar 10, 2023
Check very well if the battery is compatible with the system

ofor1:
My Toshiba satellite c850 laptop trips off often when it's not connected to power source. I was told it's battery fault, I have changed the battery and the problem still persists. I await your response. Thank you.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Olamilekxy(m): 8:58pm On Mar 11, 2023
What could cause this ?

My laptop keep showing this whenever I turn it on.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by jaeyking(m): 12:30am On Mar 12, 2023
Good evening

Please is there any solution
Initially I took it for repairs because the system always shuts down from over heating( I guess so cuz the fan would increase rapidly and shutdown)

Since the repair
No after using for sometime My system would just blackout leaving only the backlight on the screen and nothing is showing.

I would have to press the power button for it to turn off
Any solution

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by fixitbyjal(m): 4:17am On Mar 12, 2023
jaeyking:
Good evening

Initially I took it for repairs because the system always shuts down from over heating( I guess so cuz the fan would increase rapidly and shutdown)

Since the repair
No after using for sometime My system would just blackout leaving only the backlight on the screen and nothing is showing.

Any solution

If you're in lagos
I'll need a physical assessment of the system
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 7:31am On Mar 12, 2023
ofor1:

It powers on with battery but when connected to power it trips off right?

It could be that charger voltage is getting to the battery terminal,you'll have to take it to a laptop technician for proper diagnosis.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 7:35am On Mar 12, 2023
jaeyking:
Good evening

Since the repair

Any solution
Do you still see the mouse when it blackout? It could be that the HDD is getting bad or the operating system is corrupt due to constantly shutting down by itself ,you can take it to a laptop technician for proper diagnosis.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 7:36am On Mar 12, 2023
Olamilekxy:
What could cause this ?

My laptop keep showing this whenever I turn it on.

There's an error code there, google it to get the real fault.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Damfostopper(m): 8:48am On Mar 12, 2023
Pls how can I get windows 10....was using 8.1....I want to upgrade
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by jaeyking(m): 10:14am On Mar 12, 2023
udemzyudex:

Do you still see the mouse when it blackout? It could be that the HDD is getting bad or the operating system is corrupt due to constantly shutting down by itself ,you can take it to a laptop technician for proper diagnosis.

Nop I don't see the mouse, and the system was formatted again
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Clicked: 11:01am On Mar 12, 2023
Can the computer/laptop experts help me out here?

I'm looking to enter UI/UX designing and I need a laptop. For some reasons I want to buy a brand new laptop not a used laptop, and my budget is ₦200k max. However, I don't know jack about laptops and their specs and I'm scared of buying one that won't be able to handle the work and would start lagging and freezing.

So please, I need suggestions from the gurus here
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 11:24am On Mar 12, 2023
jaeyking:

Nop I don't see the mouse, and the system was formatted again

HDD is going.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by jaeyking(m): 12:37pm On Mar 12, 2023
udemzyudex:

HDD is going.

But my HDD is still showing healthy
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 2:22pm On Mar 12, 2023
jaeyking:

But my HDD is still showing healthy

Well let me not conclude yet, what's the health percentage?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Vocals: 2:39pm On Mar 12, 2023
NewLife87:
Hello guys.

I have a Unilorin Tab 8 3G tablet ordered specifically by UNILORIN from canada. It was made by mysys epad. I would like anyone to brief me on where I could get the touch screen driver for this windows 10 tablet.

I had to format this tablet PC and after reinstalling the windows 10, I have not been able to get all it's drivers, as I cannot find the manufacturer's website. I have been quite unlucky in my search. Please anyone who can help me, should do with the link. Thanks in advance.

Find attached pictures of the tablet am talking about. Thanks again

Were you able to fix this?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by whatmoreng: 3:07pm On Mar 12, 2023
Hi friends.
I need help with my old hp notebook. Whenever I plug it into the main power supply it causes power surge in the house. What could be causing this?
I don't experience this with ac or refrigerator, I wonder why a laptop should cause a surge.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ebab(m): 3:14pm On Mar 12, 2023
Just go for at least 4gig ram, at least corei5 and also a system that comes with SSD.

Clicked:

I'm looking to enter UI/UX designing and I need a laptop. For some reasons I want to buy a brand new laptop not a used laptop, and my budget is ₦200k max. However, I don't know jack about laptops and their specs and I'm scared of buying one that won't be able to handle the work and would start lagging and freezing.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 7:30pm On Mar 12, 2023
whatmoreng:
Hi friends.
I need help with my old hp notebook. Whenever I plug it into the main power supply it causes power surge in the house. What could be causing this?
I don't experience this with ac or refrigerator, I wonder why a laptop should cause a surge.

Use another charger first.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kennias(m): 8:26pm On Mar 12, 2023
Hi guys,

My hp laptop fails to switch on then I plugged in the charger, the charging light indicator comes up yet if the laptop fails to come up.
What could be the problem.
Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Adewale1603(m): 8:45pm On Mar 12, 2023
Craggybogg:
Engineers in the house, how una dey?
My grandma talk make I help fix her system oh. I don use YouTube tire. I no still get am. You know old people now, she doesn't want to upgrade to another window. How do I fix this? System Restore no dey work. It is a Windows 7 OS. It displays this blue screen error immediately before start up and it restarts itself. What can I do?
is that a desktop system?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Olamilekxy(m): 11:43pm On Mar 12, 2023
udemzyudex:

There's an error code there, google it to get the real fault.

I'll do that and update you

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Craggybogg: 2:52pm On Mar 13, 2023
Adewale1603:
is that a desktop system?

Yeah!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by micxwell(m): 8:45pm On Mar 13, 2023
Clicked:

Lol, really! Why not go straight to jumia na, instead of coming here to ask. Like you said, you don't know much so let people guide you.

Now at that price point of 200k, you'll get a good USED pc that will surprise you. If you can add 30-50k you'll be surprised what you end up with.
I bought a laptop for a friend just this last thursday for 245k; Specs goes thus;

-HP ELITEBOOK X360 1030 G2 (2 in 1)
-Core i5-7300u
-256GB SSD Internal storage
-16 GB Ram (Speed 2133MHz)
-13.3 inches touch screen.

I believe the laptop could be cheaper if I had gotten it from someone like Rakiticbarca, Acekid109 etc.

In all, don't go for a pc with a score that is less than 3500 (the higher the better) on Cpu Benchmark, 8GB Ram, 256GB SSD Internal storage etc.
You can explore the AMD processors too. They are a killer pass right now. Happy laptop hunting.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Geek404: 9:01pm On Mar 13, 2023
My hp is making a buzzling noise, what is the issue? The noise is audible to the ear, it has been making the noise since I bought it second hand.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Vocals: 9:05pm On Mar 13, 2023
Geek404:
My hp is making a buzzling noise, what is the issue? The noise is audible to the ear, it has been making the noise since I bought it second hand.

Laptop model?
Where's the sound coming from? The speaker area while in use or not(via media player)
Or from the fan Area?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Geek404: 9:11pm On Mar 13, 2023
Vocals:

Laptop model?
Where's the sound coming from? The speaker area while in use or not(via media player)
Or from the fan Area?
hp 250 G6.. it's coming from the CD player side. That place you insert disk.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Vocals: 9:57pm On Mar 13, 2023
Geek404:
hp 250 G6.. it's coming from the CD player side. That place you insert disk.

Replace/ service your disk drive.
Servicing(should include cleaning of the entire pc) budget 3-4k
Replacement should be between 2k5-5k depends on your sourcing location
Pic attached below

(1) (2) (3) ... (1184) (1185) (1186) (1187) (1188) (1189) (1190) ... (1223) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.