Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,620 members, 7,820,202 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:18 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (1188) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1270704 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1185) (1186) (1187) (1188) (1189) (1190) (1191) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Geek404: 6:02am On Mar 14, 2023
Vocals:

Replace/ service your disk drive.
Servicing(should include cleaning of the entire pc) budget 3-4k
Replacement should be between 2k5-5k depends on your sourcing location
Pic attached below
thanks

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Clicked: 11:28am On Mar 14, 2023
micxwell:

Lol, really! Why not go straight to jumia na, instead of coming here to ask. Like you said, you don't know much so let people guide you.

Now at that price point of 200k, you'll get a good USED pc that will surprise you. If you can add 30-50k you'll be surprised what you end up with.
I bought a laptop for a friend just this last thursday for 245k; Specs goes thus;

-HP ELITEBOOK X360 1030 G2 (2 in 1)
-Core i5-7300u
-256GB SSD Internal storage
-16 GB Ram (Speed 2133MHz)
-13.3 inches touch screen.

I believe the laptop could be cheaper if I had gotten it from someone like Rakiticbarca, Acekid109 etc.

In all, don't go for a pc with a score that is less than 3500 (the higher the better) on Cpu Benchmark, 8GB Ram, 256GB SSD Internal storage etc.
You can explore the AMD processors too. They are a killer pass right now. Happy laptop hunting.

Thanks, this was helpful

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by IFezki96: 1:50pm On Mar 14, 2023
my Hp laptop suddenly turned off while watching a movie yesterday.
I have tried turning it back on by pressing the power button but it won't respond.
the laptop battery light still indicates charging, apart from this the Laptop is unresponsive.
what is the cause of this ??
is it fixable ??
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 5:26pm On Mar 14, 2023
IFezki96:
I have tried turning it back on by pressing the power button but it won't respond.
the laptop battery light still indicates charging, apart from this the Laptop is unresponsive.
is it fixable ??

It is fixable,if you're in lag you can reach me on 08064724259
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by IFezki96: 7:15pm On Mar 14, 2023
I stay in the North. can you explain to me what might be the cause of this
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Vocals: 7:17pm On Mar 14, 2023
IFezki96:
I stay in the North.
can you explain to me what might be the cause of this

Visit a tech store in your area for diagnosis
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Geek404: 7:59pm On Mar 14, 2023
Sir I took it to a man that fixes laptops and he said the small grinding noise is normal and it shows that the hard drive is working, that it's from the hard drive.@vocal
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Vocals: 9:01pm On Mar 14, 2023
Geek404:
Sir I took it to a man that fixes laptops and he said the small grinding noise is normal and it shows that the hard drive is working, that it's from the hard drive.@vocal

Backup your data from the drive and get a replacement SSD if you are boxed up, else go for HDD, avoid slim seagate and WD, HITACHI OR HGST WOULD BE A BETTER DEAL
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Adiob200(m): 3:48pm On Mar 15, 2023
udemzyudex:

It is fixable,if you're in lag you can reach me on 08064724259
my hp laptop is not charging..I don’t know what’s wrong..the charger is okay and the battery also power on the system
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 7:49pm On Mar 15, 2023
Adiob200:
my hp laptop is not charging..I don’t know what’s wrong..the charger is okay and the battery also power on the system

It could be a motherboard issue,if you're around Lagos you can bring it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Damdamo4u(m): 5:47pm On Mar 16, 2023
ebab:
Just go for at least 4gig ram, at least corei5 and also a system that comes with SSD.

I have a pc for that price, Bought new but used for 3 months. It’s a Dell Latitude Precision 5530 core i7
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Yerincomm: 7:28pm On Mar 16, 2023
IFezki96:
is it fixable ??

Yes it's fixable do you base in lagos?? Cause if you do u can bring it over to computer village to have it looked at
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Jadesolami: 10:38am On Mar 17, 2023
I need a new hp laptop battery
Please send pictures and prices to me or call
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ominilongest(m): 1:01pm On Mar 18, 2023
[b]Pls helppppppppppppp[\b]

Something is wrong with my laptop won’t start up bought it few days ago
Dell latitude 7280

Pls what might have been d problem anyone out there ??

I press it before going to bed only for me to wake up and its dead the battery is around 79% before going to bed and I slept for bout 1hr30min till now like this the laptop won’t start up

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 1:13pm On Mar 18, 2023
ominilongest:
[b]Pls helppppppppppppp[\b]

Something is wrong with my laptop won’t start up bought it few days ago
Dell latitude 7280

Pls what might have been d problem anyone out there ??

I press it before going to bed only for me to wake up and its dead the battery is around 79% before going to bed and I slept for bout 1hr30min till now like this the laptop won’t start up

Looks like a bios issue, problem with windows 10 always updating anyhow even in background without you knowing.
It could also be a RAM issue or a general mobo issue.

Since you got it few days ago and probably warranty is still on it,you can take it back,but if you want to get it fix outside,I can fix it for you.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by yung7(m): 1:55pm On Mar 18, 2023
Please help, my Lenovo Thinkpad laptop is not reading my phone memory and I have used different new cords but my phone memory don't show up in my system and the window version is 8.1, and I have tried to install Jupiter notebook as well as it keeps telling me to install windows 10 or above please what could be the problem.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 3:45pm On Mar 18, 2023
yung7:
Please help, my Lenovo Thinkpad laptop is not reading my phone memory and I have used different new cords but my phone memory don't show up in my system and the window version is 8.1, and I have tried to install Jupiter notebook as well as it keeps telling me to install windows 10 or above please what could be the problem.

Get a flash and see if it will detect it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by yung7(m): 5:31pm On Mar 18, 2023
udemzyudex:

Get a flash and see if it will detect it.

Yes the system always reads my flash but not my phone or any smart phones, and again please what is this write-up "your window license will expire soon. You need to activate windows in PC settings"please explain thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 5:58pm On Mar 18, 2023
yung7:

Yes the system always reads my flash but not my phone or any smart phones, and again please what is this write-up "your window license will expire soon. You need to activate windows in PC settings"please explain thanks.

If it recognize your flash then try another phone and see.

As long as it recognize your flash it should recognize your phone.

For the second part,you'll have to activate your windows.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by yung7(m): 10:02pm On Mar 18, 2023
udemzyudex:

If it recognize your flash then try another phone and see.

As long as it recognize your flash it should recognize your phone.

For the second part,you'll have to activate your windows.
Please bro, the problem keep persisting and I have tried 4 smart phones and I know what to do next.
What about the installation that keeps telling me to install windows 10 or above?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by yung7(m): 10:03pm On Mar 18, 2023
yung7:

Please bro, the problem keep persisting and I have tried 4 smart phones and I don't know what to do next.
What about the installation that keeps telling me to install windows 10 or above?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ebab(m): 6:11am On Mar 19, 2023
If you are Lagos, bring it, I will fix it for you

[quote author=yung7 post=121859914][/quote]
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Adewale1603(m): 6:59am On Mar 19, 2023
[quote author=yung7 post=121859914][/quote] it's that windows 8.1 version . reinstall another windows or windows 10 and your USB cable will detect and connect with your phone
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 8:07am On Mar 19, 2023
[quote author=yung7 post=121859914][/quote]

First of all activate your windows and see,since it is recognizing your flash and you can access it then phone shouldn't be a problem.

Activate the operating system first.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by PJtech: 1:33pm On Mar 19, 2023
i have a laptop for sale

Device name DESKTOP-DC8B8DC
Processor Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU 2020M @ 2.40GHz 2.40 GHz
Installed RAM 4.00 GB (3.89 GB usable)
Device ID 49FFB66E-69C7-4CAD-A8D2-15E87EF28DC9
Product ID 00326-30000-00001-AA362
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

price 40k
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Yinksdavid(m): 10:31am On Mar 20, 2023
Guys. I have been off and away for sometime but back now. Thanks to my customers and everyone who has reached out to either buy products from me, engaged me for information or consultation on Cloud IT and Engineering. You can always reach out if you need update on such topics and will be glad to provide them.

Please find below the prices for the commonly used Microsoft products(Activation/Product keys) that I sell (Note that it's not ready made but buy to sell on request).

All prices are in Naira and it's a lifetime activation which means you will never have to get another activation key for any Microsoft product you already activated

Windows 10 Pro (10k)

Windows 11 Pro (16k)

Office 2016 (7.5k)

Office 2019 (10k)

Office 2021 (15k)

M365 (15k)

Office for MAC (18k).

I also have access to the activation keys for another MS product. Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by DoveofPeace(m): 12:11pm On Mar 20, 2023
IFezki96:
I stay in the North.
can you explain to me what might be the cause of this

Has it been resolved? I stays in the North central, Ilorin to be specific in case.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by IFezki96: 4:22pm On Mar 20, 2023
DoveofPeace:

Has it been resolved? I stays in the North central, Ilorin to be specific in case.

Yes... i took it to a technician within my locality... He told me it was a motherboard issue.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Jerry59: 4:58pm On Mar 20, 2023
Boss @udemzyudex

Seems I misplaced your WhatsApp number as I can't find it on my phone.

Kindly drop your WhatsApp number cos I'll be coming to CV this weekend so you can check my PC for me.

Regards,
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by DoveofPeace(m): 5:31pm On Mar 20, 2023
IFezki96:

Yes... i took it to a technician within my locality... He told me it was a motherboard issue.

All right
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 5:59pm On Mar 20, 2023
Jerry59:
Boss @udemzyudex

Seems I misplaced your WhatsApp number as I can't find it on my phone.

Kindly drop your WhatsApp number cos I'll be coming to CV this weekend so you can check my PC for me.

Regards,

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1185) (1186) (1187) (1188) (1189) (1190) (1191) ... (1223) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.