Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:58 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (150) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1263793 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by v3: 2:41pm On Jul 11, 2011
HABRUZZY:

i mean i cat connect the bluetooth with the pc suite it says cannot add check that all the necesarry hardware,software adn drivers are installed successfully
I still don't get you. . CAN OR CAN'T? undecided
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dydroy: 3:13pm On Jul 11, 2011
Just popped in a WinXP cd and booted from CD (hoping to run CHKDSK /F)

got blue screen of death, with description shown below:

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.
If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check for viruses on your computer. Remove any new installed hard drives or hard drive controllers. Check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated.
Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dydroy: 3:23pm On Jul 11, 2011
The funny thing is i can boot into Windows 7 normally now, (at least for some time)
I guess i'll run CHKDSK from inside Windows (Safe mode with command prompt)

Could just be that i need another HD  sad
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Rollingbiz: 3:46pm On Jul 11, 2011
hi,
please my HP 620 inbuilt webcam is not showing image it was showing before it just went blank. i have uninstall and restart the system yet i have no solution , the webcam is with latest driver please help me out i am using window 7
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by v3: 3:54pm On Jul 11, 2011
Rollingbiz:

hi,
     please my HP 620 inbuilt webcam is not showing image it was showing before it just went blank. i have uninstall and restart the system yet i have no solution , the webcam is with latest driver please help me out i am using window 7
You un-installed the webcam software driver? If yes, download from www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=4158501&prodSeriesId=4158863&prodTypeId=321957&taskId=135&swLang=13">HERE but select your Operating System (Windows 7) version from the list.

Cheers

dy_droy:

The funny thing is i can boot into Windows 7 normally now, (at least for some time)

Could just be that i need another HD  sad
You need another hard disk but in the mean time, try and backup any valuable data you can. .if you get in
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 12:56am On Jul 12, 2011

Could just be that i need another HD   
  Have you tried new Windows installation?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dydroy: 10:44am On Jul 12, 2011
all4naija:

Have you tried new Windows installation?

FYI

dy_droy:

Just popped in a WinXP cd and booted from CD (hoping to run CHKDSK /F)

got blue screen of death, with description shown below:

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.
If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check for viruses on your computer. Remove any new installed hard drives or hard drive controllers. Check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated.
Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by steve20114ril(m): 11:19am On Jul 12, 2011
hello guys, i have really missed the house. i use hp probook 4510s and its runing on win7 home basic. i have dis issue with the bluetooth cos it can only send but unable to receive. plz help me
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jul 12, 2011
steve20114ril:

hello guys, i have really missed the house. i use hp probook 4510s and its runing on win7 home basic. i have dis issue with the bluetooth cos it can only send but unable to receive. plz help me
hello sir
you need to check your bluetooth settings and set your system to discoverable. and also tick
allow aother devices to send files to the computer

i cant get your the exact details but look carefully on all the settings options and you will see the options i mentioned above.

once you do that your pc will start receiving files from other pc's or bluetooth devices
thank you.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dydroy: 3:18pm On Jul 12, 2011
@V3 I found this from the link you posted.
There seems to be a consensus that the problems with the HP Series is actually the Nvidia chipset and not necessarily the HD

Problem:
This is a known issue that has recently happened to my hp laptop 6707us. The problem started out with monitor pixelation, then the black screen, then the "turning on and off" cycle that everyone has been experiencing. The only way to boot up the laptop was to remove he CMOS battery (I dont have a laptop battery) and the AC plug. I was able to use the laptop just like before, however, it was slighly slower and the audio was distorted. The laptop would be functional until it is either restarted/put to sleep/shut down then the process of removing and draining power would have to repeated to achieve a successful boot up once more.

Solution:
After some researching, I discovered that this was a gpu/video chipset related issue where the nvidia chip itself needed to be reflowed due to heat cycles that have disrupted its heat transfer/connection to the motherboard. I disassembled this laptop using this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOdmGuiq1l8&feature=youtube_gdata_player (but there are plenty others). After disassembling it I had access to the motherboard and took off the main heatsink for both the CPU and GPU. I cleaned off the old thermal paste on the CPU and cleaned the heatsink and fan as much as possible. For the GPU, I applied direct heat on the chip using a heat gun for about a minute or so using low-level heat for 45 secs and high-level heat for 15 secs. After it cooled down, I put the heatsink back on with new thermal paste on the CPU and a clean heat transfer pad for the GPU (I washed the heat transfer pad that was used on the nvidia chipset with water and let it airdry).

Connected the monitor, keyboard, mouse and I tested it; everything worked. I'm typing this message on my laptop now. This method worked for me, however, some others were able to achieve the same results by replacing the GPU's heat transfer pad with copper shims. In addition, the copper shims and GPU would also need the application of thermal paste. Hopefully these results help and I will try to keep you all posted.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jul 12, 2011
FYI
Were you not running Windows 7 on the system before it had the problem? The Windows Xp cd must have some problem.

Anyway, take the system to a qualified technician!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 11:49pm On Jul 12, 2011
Rollingbiz:

hi,

Click http://cyberlink-youcam.en.softonic.com/

Download free version or buy if you want more from your webcam
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ugobanks: 10:20am On Jul 13, 2011
Hi guys, i need technical assistance.I dropped my laptop couple of days ago and ever since, i hear a sound before it boots.I alo noticed that the keypad nine has stopped working.Besides this, I have not noticed any other issues.What do you guys advice?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by v3: 10:30am On Jul 13, 2011
ugobanks:

Hi guys, i need technical assistance.I dropped my laptop couple of days ago and ever since, i hear a sound before it boots.I alo noticed that the keypad nine has stopped working.Besides this, I have not noticed any other issues.What do you guys advice?
The noise you hear before it boots could be as a result of the P.O.S.T error (Do you see any when it boots). The stuck key could cause P.O.S.T (Power On self Test) to report an error with the keyboard (by beeping/displaying).

Does it stop your O.S from booting to the desktop?

Please get back to us.

Cheers
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ugobanks: 11:20am On Jul 13, 2011
No it does not.It works effectively afterwards
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by v3: 11:40am On Jul 13, 2011
ugobanks:

No it does not.It works effectively afterwards
Well, it seems there's little or no cause for worries then. smiley
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ugobanks: 12:04pm On Jul 13, 2011
@ V3

Pls what do i do to repair any issues that might have caused the noise i hear before it boots.I would appreciate your response
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by cogbuagu: 1:34pm On Jul 13, 2011
I bought a new laptop. Toshiba Intel corei5, 2.4Gbz 64bits.
d battery last like 1h45mins. Y i was expecting it to last nothing lest than 3 hours.
Again, it charges even when i'm not using it.
Like if charged and left over night. it will reduce 7% in its battery.
Pls this 2 Problems are they normal for my Brand New toshiba laptop.

Chuba
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 3:44pm On Jul 13, 2011
cogbuagu:

I bought a new laptop. Toshiba Intel corei5, 2.4Gbz 64bits.
d battery last like 1h45mins. Y i was expecting it to last nothing lest than 3 hours.
Again, it charges even when i'm not using it.
Like if charged and left over night. it will reduce 7% in its battery.
Pls this 2 Problems are they normal for my Brand New toshiba laptop.

Chuba

Voluntary Replacement Program (Program 2)

Thanks for enquiring and please to let you know that Toshiba have a

utility able to determine battery status.

http://uk.computers.toshiba-europe.com/innovation/generic/BATTERY_PROGRAM_2

Read it carefully and reply back to us. If your battery is good and not part of the recall

programme.

http://www.laptops-battery.co.uk/blog/calibrate-laptop-battery/

Please help me leave a comment on facebook by searching for

Deji Sunday as this helps me alots
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Valentinooo: 10:34am On Jul 15, 2011
Pls guys, each time I on my system and it boots to desktop stage, It usually show me "windows explorer has stopped working, windows explorer is restarting" for like 3 or more times and later will not show it again. Guys pls what's the meaning of this? It's not doing that before, I noticed this just a week ago.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Valentinooo: 10:49am On Jul 15, 2011
Pls guys, each time I on my system and it boots to desktop stage, It usually show me "windows explorer has stopped working, windows explorer is restarting" for like 3 or more times and later will not show it again. Guys pls what's the meaning of this? It's not doing that before, I noticed this just a week ago. (hp compaq nx7400 windows 7 ultimate x64)
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 2:31am On Jul 16, 2011
^^^
I would advice you to update your Internet Explorer!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by operalimi: 3:01am On Jul 16, 2011
please help, any time i right click on any icon on desktop it display rolling cursor and later say window explorer not responding what is the problem
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by octus2008(m): 8:55pm On Jul 16, 2011
I have a Dell Latittude which has been giving me problems for some time now,it just stopped working and now it has refused to come on earlier the problem was that i should press esc or d12 now its not coming on
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 9:16pm On Jul 16, 2011
Valentinooo:

Pls guys, each time I on my system and it boots to desktop stage, It usually show me "windows explorer has stopped working, windows explorer is restarting" for like 3 or more times and later will not show it again. Guys pls what's the meaning of this? It's not doing that before, I noticed this just a week ago.
Hey, it's likely your pc has a malware. Try scanning with RoboSAM anti-malware and see what you get,

http://ifile.it/h6au8bq/ROBOSAM.exe

operalimi:

please help, any time i right click on any icon on desktop it display rolling cursor and later say window explorer not responding what is the problem

You probably installed a software recently on your PC that causes errors when windows calls the shellcontextmenu property sheet page. Try using system restore or if you think you know the software that might have caused this, then re-install the software, let's see what you get,

octus2008:

I have a Dell Latittude which has been giving me problems for some time now,it just stopped working and now it has refused to come on earlier the problem was that i should press esc or d12 now its not coming on
Old dell pcs usually have power problems after some time and it's something about the circuits

Try this: take the battery out, disconnect the power supply, press the power button and wait for about a minute. Then connect just the power supply (not battery) and try to power up. If it works, shut down then power up with just the battery, then reconnect the power supply.

If however this does not work, it might mean that the power seat is broken, some say pressing f8, f9, f10, and f11 keys hard together while booting solves the problem, but the best bet in this case would be to take it to a technician.

ugobanks:

@ugobanks: You didn't specify your laptop model but it's advisable you take it to someone who can open it up and correct the key problem or any also check if any part has loosened up due to fall so it can be screwed back properly.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kandiikane(m): 11:29pm On Jul 16, 2011
Hiya, I just saw numbers on my screen and it froze for abit. .Just wondering if I have a virus or I have been hacked into. .It is quite odd since I did not press anything on click on anything. .

It was a rectangle shape small box and it had numbers like
22:34 24:32
- something like that. .
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by surveycash(m): 10:56pm On Jul 17, 2011
My keyboard does not respond when a green light below F10 turns on. I use onscreen. It responds occasionally. What should I do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by macyozo(m): 9:33am On Jul 19, 2011
Who Can Help Crack Linux Root Account?

Apparently we lost the password to an old server and it runs on linux,,,i ve tried cracking it by entering from the single user mode from the LILO prompt but that didnt work, i ve also tried using rescue cds(knoppix) but it seems thts not working too, smbdy help.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Valentinooo: 2:19pm On Jul 19, 2011
Pls guys help, each time I on my system and it boots to desktop stage, It usually show me "windows explorer has stopped working, windows explorer is restarting" for like 3 or more times and later will not show it again. Guys pls what's the meaning of this? It's not doing that before, I noticed this just a week ago. (hp compaq nx7400 windows 7 ultimate x64)
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Valentinooo: 2:34pm On Jul 19, 2011
skydancer:

Hey, it's likely your pc has a malware. Try scanning with RoboSAM anti-malware and see what you get,

http://ifile.it/h6au8bq/ROBOSAM.exe
after scanning, it said two malware found, I removed it and restart the system and it didn't show "windows explorer is restarting again" thank you very much

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.