Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,083 members, 7,821,732 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:24 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (152) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1271595 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 1:47pm On Jul 27, 2011
denzel2009:

Deji, I think you you should put your facebook link on your signature.

tell me how to as am not good with all facebook features

Thank you
[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 1:49pm On Jul 27, 2011
deji2009:

tell me how to as am not good with all facebook features

Just go to your facebook page and copy the link on the browser and paste it, where you put Deji & Moyo.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zickyo(m): 2:13pm On Jul 27, 2011
deji2009:

The above diagnostics provided by denzel should resolve the problem. The troubleshooting wizards isn't that accurate

and would not rely on it. If the adaptor is having problems it will not detect available wireless networks ,

What model is the Compaq for example, Compaq presario CQ60/61. Have you installed any update

Do you have norton security installed ? when was the last it works ok. switch off your router modem for 5 minutes

click start and type in network and sharing centre where is the green line coming from.

on the left click manage wireless networks and remove all the networks on the list nothing left

Click start type in devmgmt.msc click continue click network adaptors and right click on your wireless adaptor

then uninstall restart your laptop and router modem then try connecting to your network have your network password ready if any

Alternatively  We can provide remote assistance as our connection is more faster.

If you have yahoo messenger and online now through the cable connection

we can make a start as free now

Let us know then we provide you with one where I will see your screen and attempt to fix the problems

We provide a local laptop repairs and would like a comment on your experience today

If have been of any help in one way or the other please comment on facebook by

searching for dejisunday

I gave the diagnostics provided by Denzel a shot and still nothing. Would'nt mind trying your remote assisstance. I have yahoo messanger and I can come online. My laptop model is Compaq 610.
n Thnx Denzel
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jul 27, 2011
zickyo:

I gave the diagnostics provided by Denzel a shot and still nothing. Would'nt mind trying your remote assisstance. I have yahoo messanger and I can come online. My laptop model is Compaq 610.
n Thnx Denzel
Do Windows Update!It is like your Windows is not updated.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 4:14pm On Jul 27, 2011
zickyo:

n Thnx Denzel

Here's the remote fix follow the instructions and am waiting here for you.

http://www.teamviewer.com/en/index.aspx

If I didn't hear from you 30 minutes would assume all is fine.

At the end of the session I would feedback my colleagues my diagnostics and

finding. Waiting here for you
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 5:32pm On Jul 27, 2011
deji2009:

Here's the remote fix follow the instructions and am waiting here for you.

http://www.teamviewer.com/en/index.aspx

If I didn't hear from you 30 minutes would assume all is fine.

At the end of the session I would feedback my colleagues my diagnostics and

finding. Waiting here for you

Yahoo request sent and am online, follow the instructions to download the remote assist

Doesn't seems you have done so
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by faragai24: 2:23pm On Jul 28, 2011
All antiviruses cant delete a virus called 'shortcut' or 'recycler' in my PC which i accidentally download from youtube pls help me out.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Caporegime(m): 3:29pm On Jul 28, 2011
Hi guyz i use a presario cq60-110ei win7 ultimate,and i just downgraded to xp i was able to install all drivers except audio/sound please i need all the help i can get, i've tried all i can. Thanx very urgent,
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by steve20114ril(m): 5:06pm On Jul 28, 2011
hello guys and how u all doin? once i complained that my lappy could not connect wirelessly and the problem was so stressful and must commend the house for their efforts. the problem was with the router it wasn't any other thing. once again, thankyou all for the efforts and concern. NAIRA LAND FOR LIFE
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 5:19pm On Jul 28, 2011
I don't really know why, but each time I try to reply to posts here I get banned, whether they contain links or not. I have attached a text file of the solution I pasted a day ago to this post. If anyone has issues and it doesn't get resolved by others here, the person can contact me by email.

relaxtuners at gmail dot com

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by v3: 8:02pm On Jul 28, 2011
@skydancer @zimdrill @deji

I'm having some problems with my current laptop

1 - Doesn't install service pack, it doesn't update.
2 - Error code CNF7047 - When i do a driver update, i get an error saying Windows found the driver but has problems installing it sad

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Attached a screenshot

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jul 28, 2011
faragai24:

All antiviruses cant delete a virus called 'shortcut' or 'recycler' in my PC which i accidentally download from youtube pls help me out.
There is no a single solution for recycler warm yet as I can remember( the least you can do is to quarantine it). The best solution has been to save all your important files to a CD( cos the virus can not be transfer through that process) and do a new installation.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jul 28, 2011
v3:

2 - Error code CNF7047 - When i do a driver update, i get an error saying Windows found the driver but has problems installing it sad

Attached a screenshot
You didn't specify your System make and OS - Simple reason I don't like to help with appropriate solutions.

I think you are running OS other than the one specified for your system. Look for the drivers compatible with your system make by going to their website. Anyway, make sure you run the Chipset first before installing appropriate drivers.

I hope this help!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 6:47am On Jul 29, 2011
v3:

Attached a screenshot

first of all whats your reason for drivers update ? is it not working fine with the old version ?

which service pack and which OS most of the time it gives you error and that error code is the one you use to find a solution at microsoft website
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 7:00am On Jul 29, 2011
Caporegime:

Hi guyz i use a presario cq60-110ei win7 ultimate,and i just downgraded to xp i was able to install all drivers except audio/sound please i need all the help i can get, i've tried all i can. Thanx very urgent,

tell us what you claim you tried all

always first download the drivers you want before doing a clean installation

or either the LAN OR WIRELESS DRIVER with that you will be able to go on the internet and download the rest

go to manufacturer website you will find all drivers for your model mostly likely all drivers for xp, vista and 7
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by v3: 9:51am On Jul 29, 2011
@ZIM
It came with Vista, upgraded it to 7 a couple years back and everything was fine till it crashed. I used a recovery CD to reinstall the OS and got the drivers from Compaq website.

A while back i noticed the webcam had stopped functioning and the error code i posted is related to the webcam, i've checked the compaq website but there's nothing related to it.

As for the service pack, it's SP1. .it installs succesfully. .after updating, reboots the laptop. .then when it starts configuring the SP, it says it can't be configured, i'll try to find a screenshot online since its impossible to get one as it boots.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 6:31pm On Jul 29, 2011
v3:

@ZIM
It came with Vista, upgraded it to 7 a couple years back and everything was fine till it crashed. I used a recovery CD to reinstall the OS and got the drivers from Compaq website.

A while back i noticed the webcam had stopped functioning and the error code i posted is related to the webcam, i've checked the compaq website but there's nothing related to it.

As for the service pack, it's SP1. .it installs succesfully. .after updating, reboots the laptop. .then when it starts configuring the SP, it says it can't be configured, i'll try to find a screenshot online since its impossible to get one as it boots.
The drivers you probably got from Compaq didn't work out? Go to the compaq website again, and see if you can see the version for Xp or windows 7. Then you do a manual update of the driver from the folder where you extract the driver files to. If this does not work, then you will need to find another camera device that the drivers is compatible with yours.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 6:33pm On Jul 29, 2011
all4naija:

There is no a single solution for recycler warm yet as I can remember( the least you can do is to quarantine it). The best solution has been to save all your important files to a CD( cos the virus can not be transfer through that process) and do a new installation.
Eh, have you tried RoboSAM yet? I should be able to remove it comfortably under admin permissions.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by fixit4me: 9:26pm On Jul 29, 2011
sad sad sad. Hello, just stumbled on this thread after 3 weeks of sleepless night researching on the internet on how to reinstall my Win xp with a faulty cd rom. What i have done so far, i read about usb booting, my toshiba m45 does not support usb booting, so i read about plop boot manager to make it become usb bootable. Thank God plop boot manager supports installation via floppy apart from cd rom, so i ordered a toshiba usb floppy disk drive on ebay, downloaded plop boot manager on floppy diskette and use it to fire up my system, but first setting my bios to boot from FDD, plop boot manager works magic as my toshiba was able to recognize usb bootable flash drive, unfortunately Win xp professional set up keeps getting stuck when copying files from my usb, i have inter-changed the RAMs and still cant successfully copy all files without getting stuck in 16%, 24%, 54% (i need expert advice on this first as usb booting woud be great and time saving and can serve my PC in the future without stress, i found a method explained on google of taking out laptop HDD to another desktop, although that seems equipment demanding and special computer skills) If i have to fly with the second option, can i use usb 2.0 sata ide adapter to mount my laptop HDD on the desktop or do i really need to make a physical connection. I tried maybe not so wise way before, by using the usb sata ide adapter to mount the laptop SATA HDD on the desktop, the desktop recognizes the laptop HDD like a flash drive would work when put in a system for the first time, i was able to get into the HDD and see the content. I rebooted the desktop with win xp in the cd rom, it showed my laptop HDD and when i try to install xp directly into it, it get stuck with a message of desktop motherboard compatibility and i need a motherboard manufacturer software or something, to cut my story short, help me deal with first option of usb booting and make clearer the second option of any possibility of using usb 2.0 sata ide adapter, if thats gonna work. I make an SOS call on this adorable toshiba laptop before i make a decision to garbage it in 1 week. FYI: i am usling a demo version of flashboot to make my Ufb flash drive become bootable by copying win xp iso image on the pen drive usling flashboot. I urgently need this PC to work. any help guys
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Researchguru: 6:16am On Jul 30, 2011
Timothy Iyke Kola
Research Guru
Hello My Wonderful 9ja Peeps, I'm Here To Tell U About A Wonderful And Latest Pc Tunneler Which I Discovered 3days Ago, It's As Fast As The Speed Of Light. I Would Like To Share It With U Including The Software To Be Used. Thats Not All, The Package Also Contain A Symbian Tunneler Which Makes U Browse Free As If U're Using A Computer And Freedom, Whereas It's Just A Symbian Fone. N.B It Works 4 All Applications, And Also U Dont Need Free Browsing Tweak Again 4 Ur Opera Becos The Tunneler Is Just Enough. I Will Be Giving This Package 4 Just #1000. If U're Interested Or Have Any Questions To Ask Kall Me On 08069348618. GOD BLESS 9JA
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 11:28am On Jul 30, 2011
fixit4me:

sad sad sad. Hello, just stumbled on this thread after 3 weeks of sleepless night researching on the internet on how to reinstall my Win xp with a faulty cd rom. What i have done so far, i read about usb booting, my toshiba m45 does not support usb booting, so i read about plop boot manager to make it become usb bootable. Thank God plop boot manager supports installation via floppy apart from cd rom, so i ordered a toshiba usb floppy disk drive on ebay, downloaded plop boot manager on floppy diskette and use it to fire up my system, but first setting my bios to boot from FDD, plop boot manager works magic as my toshiba was able to recognize usb bootable flash drive, unfortunately Win xp professional set up keeps getting stuck when copying files from my usb, i have inter-changed the RAMs and still cant successfully copy all files without getting stuck in 16%, 24%, 54% (i need expert advice on this first as usb booting woud be great and time saving and can serve my PC in the future without stress, i found a method explained on google of taking out laptop HDD to another desktop, although that seems equipment demanding and special computer skills) If i have to fly with the second option, can i use usb 2.0 sata ide adapter to mount my laptop HDD on the desktop or do i really need to make a physical connection. I tried maybe not so wise way before, by using the usb sata ide adapter to mount the laptop SATA HDD on the desktop, the desktop recognizes the laptop HDD like a flash drive would work when put in a system for the first time, i was able to get into the HDD and see the content. I rebooted the desktop with win xp in the cd rom, it showed my laptop HDD and when i try to install xp directly into it, it get stuck with a message of desktop motherboard compatibility and i need a motherboard manufacturer software or something, to cut my story short, help me deal with first option of usb booting and make clearer the second option of any possibility of using usb 2.0 sata ide adapter, if thats gonna work. I make an SOS call on this adorable toshiba laptop before i make a decision to garbage it in 1 week. FYI: i am usling a demo version of flashboot to make my Ufb flash drive become bootable by copying win xp iso image on the pen drive usling flashboot. I urgently need this PC to work. any help guys

What RAMS did you interchange and are you certain the RAM works? Have you tried other XP iso images with the flashboot? Next time please go straight to the point as many don't have the patience to read so much in a world splattered with information everywhere
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by fixit4me: 11:43am On Jul 30, 2011
I only wanted to portray my thought on my question. I was able to do a fresh install of win xp using bootable cruzer usb flash with win set up from usb software, i had to force the stuff down the throat of my PC as set up and installation get stuck at times. My concern is i can't find any audio after installing XP SP3 and also sound driver for my toshiba laptop, any help will be appreciated
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by fixit4me: 11:58am On Jul 30, 2011
i must have been stressed up, nothing wrong with audio, i forgot to turn up the volume button at the front, its crazy how much have wasted looking for solutions. Many thanks guys
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 12:16pm On Jul 30, 2011
fixit4me:

i must have been stressed up, nothing wrong with audio, i forgot to turn up the volume button at the front, its crazy how much have wasted looking for solutions. Many thanks guys
Good, it's advisable you download a fresh copy of Windows XP iso, mount it and update your PC with it. If you skipped files during your installation you may still have to face certain problems in the future.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Ishilove: 4:10pm On Jul 30, 2011
Hi guys. Today i plugged in my laptop,an hp mini to charge. Later i wanted do some work on it so i transferred the system to another location,plugged it to charge,switched it on and started work. Shortly after i noticed that the charging indicator was blinking,i thot it wasnt properly connected so i unplugged the charger. The laptop switched off immediately. I tried to turn it on but it didnt turn on. It only switched on when i replugged it to the charger. The same thing keeps happening each time i unplug the charger. The battery icon on the system is sayin "plugged" but not charging". I have removed the battery and put it back,to no avail. Its still blinking and i cant switch it on unless its plugged.
I don't know what the problem is becos the laptop is relatively new {i bought it in April},i never let the battery to run down completly,it was charging normally b4 i changed its location to work on it and there was no power/NEPA fluctuation . . . HELP!!! *sob*
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by cuthbert5: 6:03pm On Jul 30, 2011
pls I am a newbie here I need help on how to use my BB as a modem to browse on my acer laptop, thanx
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:30pm On Jul 30, 2011
Ishilove:

Hi guys. Today i plugged in my laptop,an hp mini to charge. Later i wanted do some work on it so i transferred the system to another location,plugged it to charge,switched it on and started work. Shortly after i noticed that the charging indicator was blinking,i thot it wasnt properly connected so i unplugged the charger. The laptop switched off immediately. I tried to turn it on but it didnt turn on. It only switched on when i replugged it to the charger. The same thing keeps happening each time i unplug the charger. The battery icon on the system is sayin "plugged" but not charging". I have removed the battery and put it back,to no avail. Its still blinking and i cant switch it on unless its plugged.
I don't know what the problem is becos the laptop is relatively new {i bought it in April},i never let the battery to run down completly,it was charging normally b4 i changed its location to work on it and there was no power/NEPA fluctuation . . . HELP!!! *sob*

Test your battery using HP Battery Check

Running HP Battery Check with HP Support Assistant installed:

1.Click Start
2.Click HP Support Assistan
3.Click Troubleshoot
4.Click the Power, Thermal and Mechanical button
5.From the Power tab, click HP Battery Check
Running HP Battery Check without HP Support Assistant installed:
1.Click Start
2.Click All Programs
3.Click on the HP Folder
4.Then click HP Battery Check

The results of the Battery test will be presented immediately. Detailed instructions are provided with the results.

If the option is not available click www2.hp.com/techcenter/battery/battery_ts.htm">http://h20239.www2.hp.com/techcenter/battery/battery_ts.htm

Please help leave a facebook comments on how your laptop/PC problem was dealth with

Please search for dejisunday on facebook. This helps me alots

Thank you
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:47pm On Jul 30, 2011
Caporegime:

Could not find the media device or you're doing something wrong

Verify you're downloading the right drivers by visiting Manufacturer web
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Ishilove: 2:49am On Jul 31, 2011
@deji2009. I did as u suggested and i got the response "status: uknown. Primary battery: an error was encountered trying to access the battery. Please re-insert the battery and the AC-Adadptor to retest the battery." then at the bottom of the dialog box there is "current state: charging (100%)". I clicked on the "refresh" button and the "current state" changed from "charging {100%}" to "Uknown"
Deji i'v re-inserted the battery and adaptor but i'm still facing the same problem. What next now? cry

(1) (2) (3) ... (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) ... (1223) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.