Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,369 members, 7,836,491 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:46 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (217) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1277773 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by samolina1(m): 8:19am On Sep 09, 2012
KingMEXX: Please I have a problem with my Dell Pc. I installed Pes 2011 on it last yr, and when i wantd to run the game, it told me that my Pc Video Card was 32mb while the game required a 120mb video card. Pls how do i increase d video card or graphic card (i think its also called dat)?

Yes
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 9:12am On Sep 09, 2012
samolina1:

Yes
ehe, so how do increase it then??
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wonlasewonimi: 9:25am On Sep 09, 2012
please guys I want to upgrade a vista os to windows 7 but the upgrade advisor said i should update the bios. I tried to update it but the computer wants me to plug in battery and power adapter which are already plugged. Thought the battery is dead, is there anyway to go around this thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by samolina1(m): 10:40am On Sep 09, 2012
KingMEXX: ehe, so how do increase it then??

You get new one!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by samolina1(m): 10:49am On Sep 09, 2012
wonlasewonimi: please guys I want to upgrade a vista os to windows 7 but the upgrade advisor said i should update the bios. I tried to update it but the computer wants me to plug in battery and power adapter which are already plugged. Thought the battery is dead, is there anyway to go around this thanks.

How did you attempted upgrading the bios? Which method did you used to start your upgrading, Window or DOS? You can try using the DOS method, i mean the "Press any key to boot from CD...." method. State your PC specification. For the updated bios, you can visit the PC manufacturer website to download the updated bios version.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wonlasewonimi: 11:08am On Sep 09, 2012
samolina1:

How did you attempted upgrading the bios? Which method did you used to start your upgrading, Window or DOS? You can try using the DOS method, i mean the "Press any key to boot from CD...." method. State your PC specification. For the updated bios, you can visit the PC manufacturer website to download the updated bios version.

I used in-place upgrade with a windows 7 cd. It couldn't upgrade and prompted a message to upgrade the bios before proceeding. I went into dell's website to download the bios upgrade but couldn't do it cos it said I should plug the ac adapter and the battery. I don't think it would work without a good battery based on my research.

The laptop is dell xps m1330 vista OS
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 12:47pm On Sep 09, 2012
samolina1:

You get new one!
*sad face* pls around how much would it cost?? And is it possible to upgrade it online??
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horlerlayk: 3:46pm On Sep 09, 2012
i ussaully get an error message when ever i tried to play pes2012,fifa 2012 and others high graphics games SAYING (UR VIDEO CARD DOES NOT MEET THE REQUIRED SPECIFICATION VCARD 128MB).Pls can i get a solution to this .
my computer spec is TOSHIBA L755 WITH WINDOW 7 OS,500GB Hardisc,4gb RAM, and 64MB video card.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horlerlayk: 3:50pm On Sep 09, 2012
HOW CAN I INCREASE MY SYSTEM VCARD FROM 64MB TO 128MB ..PLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:29pm On Sep 09, 2012
horlerlayk: i ussaully get an error message when ever i tried to play pes2012,fifa 2012 and others high graphics games SAYING (UR VIDEO CARD DOES NOT MEET THE REQUIRED SPECIFICATION VCARD 128MB).Pls can i get a solution to this .
my computer spec is TOSHIBA L755 WITH WINDOW 7 OS,500GB Hardisc,4gb RAM, and 64MB video card.

http://systemreq.info/2011/09/pes-2012/

click the above link and read
the spec for this game.

go to toshiba website to
locate your laptop make and model
and download up to date video driver

Also click start all programmes,
accessories and look for run and
type in dxdiag at the top
click display. can you see
direct x features
all enabled

Warning :Your computer does not meet the Minimum System Requirements to run this software.
As a result, you may experience errors during operation.Your Video Card does
not meet the required specifications.(GPU:VRAM 128MB)
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:33pm On Sep 09, 2012
wonlasewonimi: please guys I want to upgrade a vista os to windows 7 but the upgrade advisor said i should update the bios. I tried to update it but the computer wants me to plug in battery and power adapter which are already plugged. Thought the battery is dead, is there anyway to go around this thanks.

This is what you do

go to dell website

locate your laptop make
and model number

click drivers and
windows 7 if avialble

check to make sure dell have
drivers for your laptop
then you're in business
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dkaz(m): 11:45am On Sep 10, 2012
What makes a pc slow during work?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by samolina1(m): 5:05pm On Sep 10, 2012
horlerlayk: i ussaully get an error message when ever i tried to play pes2012,fifa 2012 and others high graphics games SAYING (UR VIDEO CARD DOES NOT MEET THE REQUIRED SPECIFICATION VCARD 128MB).Pls can i get a solution to this .

Of course. You can change the video card to 128MB's or above
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by samolina1(m): 5:08pm On Sep 10, 2012
Dkaz: What makes a pc slow during work?

A lot of things. It's hard to say if i haven't seen the PC in operation. It may be due to some Worms or Zombies, it may be your RAM, it may be your Hard Drive, e.t.c. Consult your PC technician for the appropriate solution...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tecmon: 1:48pm On Sep 11, 2012
Which browser is the best for speed and data conservation , Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Opera, Firefox or Safari ??
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 2:27pm On Sep 11, 2012
I CAN'T CONNECT MY BH503 BLUETOOTH HEADSET WITH ACER PC!
I tried connecting the two devices but the PC is telling me it needs troubleshooting.
I troubleshooted it but the laptop is telling me it needs a DRIVER to work.
My question is what is the name of the driver needed so that i can downlad it OR do someone know how to do that any other way?
Awaiting your response(s) pls!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ayojango(m): 5:53pm On Sep 11, 2012
I tried downloading a PDF form from my schools site,suddenly I got an alert that my laptops been infected with al sorts of malicious worms,trojans,etc and won't respond anymore. I even tried installing a NORTON anti virus but its nt repondin wat do I do.am in tears rite nw

Its a HP COMPAQ
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 6:47pm On Sep 11, 2012
ayo jango: I tried downloading a PDF form from my schools site,suddenly I got an alert that my laptops been infected with al sorts of malicious worms,trojans,etc and won't respond anymore. I even tried installing a NORTON anti virus but its nt repondin wat do I do.am in tears rite nw

Its a HP COMPAQ

what's the laptop model number, for example HP G61 ?
Hp and compaq have a recovery partitions that can
be used to recover laptop to factory default

Back your data first !

click start and where
the white start search box
is type recovery manager
and see if you have a recovery
partitions. norton is not an ideal
antivirus to have. is up to you
whether you want to scan using malwarebyte
or reset the laptop . in practice, we reset them
that way I am offering long term solution to my customers

This is here in the uk not sure what other technician might advice you
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ayojango(m): 7:35pm On Sep 11, 2012
deji2009:

what's the laptop model number, for example HP G61 ?
Hp and compaq have a recovery partitions that can
be used to recover laptop to factory default

Back your data first !

click start and where
the white start search box
is type recovery manager
and see if you have a recovery
partitions. norton is not an ideal
antivirus to have. is up to you
whether you want to scan using malwarebyte
or reset the laptop . in practice, we reset them
that way I am offering long term solution to my customers

This is here in the uk not sure what other technician might advice you

What anti virus do yu suggest
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Philcool(m): 10:00am On Sep 12, 2012
Hello, plz I exchanged my HP630 500GB sata HHD with a SONY sata HDD but the HP laptop always fail on fresh OS (Win7) installation with it while SONY laptop works the HDD from the HP630 and booted to Win7 when turned on. Three other HDD have been tried but still thesame. How do I make it work with other HDD please.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by enessye(m): 1:11pm On Sep 12, 2012
My PC would not charge despite plugging.Pls help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by matt4keyz(m): 1:45pm On Sep 12, 2012
plz i use a COMPAQ PRESARIO CQ61 i tried to locate the BLUETOOTH on it but i couldnt get! plz how do i go about getting the bluetooth function to work?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by pek(m): 5:25pm On Sep 12, 2012
pek: Hello gurus in the house and good day. My PC is rebooting intermittently. Sometimes it does this after 15 mins or less other times it can stay up to 1 hr. I replaced the ram but the problem persists. Please advice. Thanks.
please i am still waiting for assistance. Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 10:26pm On Sep 12, 2012
pls @ all. My bro's Pc which is Hp all of a sudden stopped showing anything on the screen. When you plug it to a power source, it still doesnt show anything. Even when i switched it on, the power on button was only beaming the usual light buh d screen wont light up. Pls help me cos i need to collect some of my files i saved in his Pc to use prepare for a seminar. Pls helpp me ooo!!!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 1:43am On Sep 13, 2012
ayo jango: .

What anti virus do yu suggest
No need calling up d recovery partition yet,Just use an earlier restore point before u installed using the program SYSTEM RESTORE(click on start,accessories,system tools ,system restore)u wld see some restore points so if u installed 10 sept..restore to 8 sept or any date earlier
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 1:49am On Sep 13, 2012
Philcool: Hello, plz I exchanged my HP630 500GB sata HHD with a SONY sata HDD but the HP laptop always fail on fresh OS (Win7) installation with it while SONY laptop works the HDD from the HP630 and booted to Win7 when turned on. Three other HDD have been tried but still thesame. How do I make it work with other HDD please.
Goto ur bios and check if ur SATA NATIVE MODE is enabled..disable it or u will see ahci ,turn it into ide..(Judgin by ur admission dat 3hdds have not worked )
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 1:51am On Sep 13, 2012
pek: please i am still waiting for assistance. Thanks
Rily its had to tell precisely from d little u said..but from experience I'd say..ur os is corrupt or unreadable from bad sectors..I can help regenerate it else u repair d os
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 1:56am On Sep 13, 2012
matt4keyz: plz i use a COMPAQ PRESARIO CQ61 i tried to locate the BLUETOOTH on it but i couldnt get! plz how do i go about getting the bluetooth function to work?
No need finding wats not there..dat laptop doesn't come wit bluetooth except u wan install a bt add-on..pls see product manual for details
www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&docname=c01888944&product=4041378">http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&docname=c01888944&product=4041378
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 2:09am On Sep 13, 2012
KingMEXX: pls @ all. My bro's Pc which is Hp all of a sudden stopped showing anything on the screen. When you plug it to a power source, it still doesnt show anything. Even when i switched it on, the power on button was only beaming the usual light buh d screen wont light up. Pls help me cos i need to collect some of my files i saved in his Pc to use prepare for a seminar. Pls helpp me ooo!!!
Well that's a familiar story...BADNEWS IS-the motherboard is damaged..but first let a hardware tech confirm dat..in some cases,it may just be d onboard power pack..if its d former,u'd get d motherboard for 20-25k
GOODNEWS..ders absolutely nothing wrong wot d hard drive nor ur files..just remove it from d laptop and put in an external casing and plug it as a removable on a working laptop..copy...(Oh!!just remembered sometin else)
D CHALLENGE-because u will be assessing windows account files(as in,the account name u wer using before d laptop crashed(administrator,guest acc)..u will first have to let the working laptop inherit all d priviledges before u can access the files..I won't be able to explain that to u)else it wld give an error and be blank..its even worse if u set a login password.
For Xp..here is the path..c:\documents and settings\...
For win7..c:\users\account name
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 2:16am On Sep 13, 2012
matt4keyz: plz i use a COMPAQ PRESARIO CQ61 i tried to locate the BLUETOOTH on it but i couldnt get! plz how do i go about getting the bluetooth function to work?
Also next time,post precisely the model no..hp laptops r subject to regions...eg CQ61-313US is region US....or a dv 6000 is a series..it may actually be dv6103EA..
To confirm d exact model,click on start..accessories..system tool..system information..then u will see the exact model
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 8:47am On Sep 13, 2012
Temistatics 007: I CAN'T CONNECT MY BH503 BLUETOOTH HEADSET WITH ACER PC!
I tried connecting the two devices but the PC is telling me it needs troubleshooting.
I troubleshooted it but the laptop is telling me it needs a DRIVER to work.
My question is what is the name of the driver needed so that i can downlad it OR do someone know how to do that any other way?
Awaiting your response(s) pls!
guys,please help naw!i'm still waiting o.abeg
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Andy1985ng(m): 9:44am On Sep 13, 2012
Hi guys, this might be the wrong forum but can anyone here help me in unlocking a mi-fi modem from Etisalat? Is it possible?

(1) (2) (3) ... (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) ... (1223) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.